Chapter 11

Y/n's pov

The next week was spent doing more of the health education and psychiatric sessions with the children for you, until Dr. Kang announced that they were booked to fly back to Korea. It was a lie if that didn't bring up your last encounter with Shi Jin before he left, but you never admitted that to anyone. You also didn't even let yourself acknowledge that you regretted the spiteful words you had said the last time you talked to him. Maybe it wasn't really how you felt now, but a 22 year old you speaking through the present. 

Indeed, time is an odd thing. It passes, but people don't always move on in time with it. Maybe you never let yourself move on. Some may say 2 years at the beginning of adulthood is nothing, but at the same time, it was the time where you held most dearly even now, despite it hurt you more than giving you happiness. But if you had moved on, it shouldn't really hurt anymore, right?

'Everyone's leaving. Daeyoung left the second I was coming here, and you'll leave soon too.' Myung Joo wines next to you, examining the soldier's arm as you sit next to her, reading the same line from the paper for the fifth time. 

'I don't think so. These children still need help. Leaving halfway through psychiatric consultations can be very harmful.' you say, Myung Joo looking over to you.

'So you'll stay?' 

'Yes.' You say, watching a grin spreading across her face. 

'You probably need time away from... them as well.' She says, 'them' meaning Dr. Kang and Shi Jin after hearing what went down between you. 

'Do you think they're going to date each other?' Myung Joo asks, her voice casual but still lined with slight worry that you might be upset from her mentioning them.

'They were literally stuck to each other this whole time he was here. They may as well be already dating.' You say, rolling your eyes as you remember Shi Jin walking straight past you just to find them sitting together on a rock.

'Or he just wants you to be jealous and it is working.' Myung Joo says, the patient perking his ears up at the tea being spilt. You glare at Myung Joo, shoving your hands into your lab coat before she laughs and walk with you to another consultation room.  

[past]

Shi Jin's pov

I glance at the door of the gym for the 100th time in the same training session trying to find Y/n walking in without much success. It's nearing the end of the session and she had promised me that she would be here to watch me do all the kicking through the slates things again, but the row that she always sits at is still empty. 

'Stop looking for her and concentrate? It's actually getting annoying.' Hyungman says, rolling his eyes as I stare at the door. 

'But she promised!' I say, taking the slate and holding it up for him.

'She probably is on her way and you are too overprotective and over-overreacting.' He says half heartedly, preparing himself to focus on the slate in front of him.

'What if something happened? She's never this late. Maybe she's in trouble?' I say, Hyungman punching through the empty air as I lower the slate back to my side, thinking the worst that could have happened to make Y/n this late. 

'Ya! She's 21. She can take care of herself.' Hyungman shouts, looking irritated, pointing at the wrongly placed slate by my side. 

'I should go find her.' I say, my eyes glued to the door, but just a second after I put the slates down, the door bursts open, a small figure scurrying into the gym from the distance. I see Y/n rushing to the stadium chairs, her arms full of food and drinks, her lilic coloured cardigan flapping against her back.