Mirror of Traps

By jensoopresident

A temporary reflection that doesn't belong to her. It still managed to trap the love of her life. She can eit... More

Intro - Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 41

716 60 20
By jensoopresident

"You work day and night at jobs that barely pay to open up your own studio and somehow it still remains untouched."

Lisa was hanging off the chair in all her boredom. It had been weeks since they opened and advertised yet no one had even come in.

"Want to see if I can fit 15 marshmallows in my mouth?"

"DO TWENTY!" Yeri yelled from her seat.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" Jisoo rolled her chair outside the office to peek at Yeri helping Lisa stuff marshmallows into her mouth.

"Today's Valentine's day. I'm skipping to go out with my girlfriend. I'm just passing time till she texts me that she left the house."

"I didn't realise. Makes sense why Sooyoung's not here." Jisoo noted. "But where's Seul?"

"Date."

"DATE??" Yeri cringed at the volume and flicked Lisa's forehead as hard as she could.

"Close your mouth! I can see all the marshmallows!" She was about to hit Lisa again when her phone chimed with a text. "Saeron's ready."

"Have fun! Put on your hood. Call me if anyone bothers you two." Jisoo yelled out after the girl who skipped out. "Ha..." She sighed back into her chair. "...I guess cupid doesn't like us."

"Ash leash we're noh shurrounded by cuhplsh all tuh tihme."

"Swallow your marshmallows first." Jisoo chuckled and rolled back into the office.

She was touching up their final work when Lisa popped her head in and they spent the next few hours finishing It up together.

"I think we should just close early. No one's going to be coming in with this weather and considering the day." Lisa stretched forward, dropping herself on the desk.

"I was thinking the same. I need to check in with the orders for our equipment that keeps getting delayed. How about you go home to get ready, I grab us drinks after I finish, we pregame and go out tonight?"

"Let's go to the place Sumni talked about last time."

"Good with me. Figure out a fit for me too, please." Jisoo grinned at Lisa. "I'm too lazy to figure something out."

"Fine." She rolled her eyes and put on her jacket. "Text me when you grab the drinks." Jisoo threw her an 'ok' with her hand and scrolled through her phone to make her calls.

By the time she was hung up for the last time, it had been almost thirty minutes and she was exhausted. Luckily, there wasn't any clean up necessary for the studio. Jisoo grabbed her little bag and shoved her things messily inside, eager to leave.

Hearing her phone randomly buzz, Jisoo opened it to see Lisa spamming her.

"Don't leave yet?" She read out loud. "There's a snowstorm? Really?" She looked at the weather warming she had missed earlier at the top of her notifications. "Shit."

She had quickly called Lisa and was waiting for her answer but the chime of the studio door opening caught her attention.

The wind was fighting against whoever was attempting to open the door but they had clearly yanked it with all their strength. Jisoo was about to let them know all their effort was in vain as she was closing but when she saw their state, she wasn't sure she could tell them

Looking back at her was a girl shivering in her drenched almost transparent dress. The snow her hair had acquired was slowly melting yet none of it seemed to affect the determination on her face.

"I need you." The raven felt her lips part. She pointed a finger towards her chest.

"M-Me?"

"Are you a photographer?" She nodded. "I need pictures of me. Now."

"I-Is there a concept? Headshots?"

"Do I look like a model?"

"Is it not obvious?" Jisoo felt the corners of her lip fighting to curl up.

"Nude." Jisoo managed to not let her face show out right shock.

"Nude?" The girl nodded. "Are you sure?"

"If you can't, that's fine. I can find another studio."

"Take a seat while I set up." Jisoo didn't let her finish. She sped back into her office while Soojoo walked around the studio.

When she came back, she paid no attention to the girl while she set up the lights and backdrop. Jisoo was messing with the camera when she felt heat behind her.

"There's a robe over there, you can change in the washroom." She said without looking. What she didn't expect was for her to take off her shoes and walk onto the set.

Jisoo watched through the camera as she reached back and pulled down the zipper of the dress and let it drop. The raven blinked behind the camera and tried her best to keep a blank mind.

It wasn't surprising that the model in front of her had an extremely attractive body. Her throat gasped for water when Jisoo rid herself of the extra articles of clothing.

"Can we start?" She could feel the way Soojoo's eyes bore into her but she couldn't take her own off the camera. Jisoo gulped to wet her throat.

"Yes."

That was the first time Jisoo felt so strongly swayed by someone. She did her best to refrain from looking at the girl in front of her without feeling in any way other than professional but she was sure her work ethics were slipping from her mind.

Focus, Jisoo. Focus. This isn't your first nude shoot. Come on!

The girl didn't speak a word and she wasn't sure if she could either. She seemed to switch positions on her own and Jisoo was fine moving around her with the camera.

Jisoo was beyond relieved when she finally shifted and moved up. The raven let go of the breath she held onto when she walked off set to grab the robe Jisoo had informed her of earlier.

She was slowly regaining her composure as she began cleaning up once again. "You're sweating." She turned to see shadows standing beside her. They stood almost eye to eye and Jisoo was glad her eyes didn't roam anywhere else.

"I turned the heating up earlier." She accepted her answer with a nod.

"Are you usually this calm about nudity?" Jisoo was glad she came out as calm. If only she felt as calm as she looked.

"I'm a photographer. I have to be." She continued to hover around her until she was finished. Knowing they had time, Jisoo decided to transfer the raws to show her. She watched her intently stare at them. The raven rolled her chair away from the screen and let her move closer.

Earnest eyes were clouded with a sombre expression. "Do you think I could really be a model?" Jisoo found it hard to breathe when they looked into her.

She was sure she would drown if they continued that way.

"I was under the impression you already were."

The smile she saw was burned into her memory for years to come. She was sure this was when her heart had given in.

Soojoo came into her boring life like a crash over waves.

•••••••••••

"SOOYA! LOOK!" Jisoo reflected the same happiness as her girlfriend who was pointing at the ad on the wall. "I was so nervous being beside them! What do you think??"

"I think you had nothing to be nervous about." Jisoo hugged her waist, letting her head rest on her shoulder. "All I see is you."

"Of course you would think that." Soojoo bashfully pulled away and began walking around the mall.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jisoo chased after her. "Do you want me to look at other people?"

"Try it if you can!" Jisoo smirked at her.

"That model on the left is pretty hot. Think she has a boyfriend?" She watched her girlfriend roll her eyes and pull her in by her hoodie.

"No, but she has a really hot girlfriend who is obsessed with her." They shared small kisses with smiles, ignoring anyone who might be looking.

•••••••••

"Where's Lili?" Soojoo walked into the apartment and ran to hug Jisoo who was busy cooking for their date night.

"Date with Minnie." She turned back to give her a quick peck.

"I thought they broke up." Jisoo lifted the spoon to let Soojoo taste it. A smile took over her face when she got a thumbs up.

"They're trying again. I'm just not sure if it's as girlfriends or fuckbuddies."

"Speaking of girlfriends, would mine be interested in coming to one of my shoots this Friday? You'll get to meet one of your favourite artists."

"And who will that be?"

"Secret." She winked at her. "I'll set up the table!"

"It's already set."

"Wow. Maybe I should just wife you up right now."

"Maybe you should." Jisoo attempted to wink, making Soojoo burst into laughs.

•••••••••••

"Soojoo, where are you?? It's almost 1 in the morning. Do you want me to come get you?!"

"Hello. I'm Minho, one of her... co-workers."

"Is Soojoo alright?"

"Yes, we're still at the afterparty. She's just a bit drunk and I couldn't find her phone. I would've dropped her off but I had a few drinks myself."

"It's fine. Please just text me the place. And I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

"It's not an issue at all."

Jisoo wasn't too pleased to pick up her girlfriend and from the shoulder of some guy too. She couldn't be too upset when she saw Soojoo's goody grin when she saw her face. Minho was too polite for her to be upset at him.

•••••••••••

"Jisoo, please. You have to understand, baby. Please." She wasn't sure she could. "We're finally speaking again. Please. You know how badly I've been wanting this."

"I know. I'm happy you are. I just... I know well enough that I get pregnant but what does that have to do with our relationship right now?? We're barely in our twenties for fucksake!!"

"I'm sorry." She slowed down her walking when she heard Soojoo's sobbing behind her. Jisoo felt mad at herself for making her girlfriend cry. It wasn't her fault her parents were homophobic assholes.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, baby." Jisoo pulled her into a hug, letting her cry it out. "I'm sorry for getting upset."

"No, you're right. I-I'll talk to them. I know they'll come around." Jisoo soothed her girlfriend who continued to sob between her words, trying to assure her it's fine.

••••••••••••

"Why?"

"They finally came to watch me." Lisa only clenched her jaw tighter. "I didn't want to upset them. Please. I thought you would be happy for me."

"You fucking made Jisoo wait outside while you introduced him as your fucking boyfriend. Why would she be happy?!" Minho was as surprised as her.

"You're dating Jisoo?" Lisa felt herself about to blow up in anger.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!" She was about to jump onto Soojoo when Jisoo pulled her back.

"Lisa, Just let it go." Jisoo was trying her best to understand her. "Let's just go home and talk about this."

••••••••••••

Jisoo felt her heart swell at Soojoo smiling at her parents. She couldn't be upset at her girlfriend for wanting to have something she herself wished she could have.

Jisoo grabbed a drink from the server nearby and continued to watch her girlfriend and Minho act to please them. She pushed down her jealousy at the way he ghosted his hand around her waist. The liquid in the glass tasted less bitter as she took more sips.

"Hi, remember me?" Jisoo turned her attention to the model beaming in front of her. "We shot together before."

"Sorry, I can't-"

"Don't worry about it. It was a long time ago and we didn't even speak honestly." She lent out her hand. I'm Joy." Jisoo shook her hand.

"Jisoo."

"This gathering is honestly a bit boring." Jisoo agreed. "My friend's are over there. Would you want to join us? I noticed you weren't with your friend so..."

Jisoo took one last look at Soojoo who had herself wrapped around Minho's arm. "Sure. Why not?"

••••••••••••

"Why are you acting like this?"

"ME?! YOU WERE THE ONE GIGGLING WITH SOME NEW GIRL!"

"Joy is just a friend. Actually, barely at that. We only spoke today. I don't understand why you're upset." Jisoo stood up from the couch to wall away.

She was pushed back to sit down. "A friend that was all over you!! Why would I not be mad?! I'm your girlfriend!"

"Are you?" Jisoo muttered under her breath.

"What did you just say?"

"I said, "Are you?"." She stood up once again. "If I remember correctly, you were with your "boyfriend" and your parents while I was alone.

I'm just trying to rebuild our relationship."

"Soojoo, they just called me words that even my parents haven't called me!"

"Your parents disowned you Jisoo!"

"And what did yours do when you wanted ro model?! They only came back because you were able to make it in the industry! They weren't even there for you until they saw something they could brag about! I was!! But I'm being thrown away for them!"

"You don't get to use that for this!"

"Why not? You can have yourself wrapped around some guy but I can't even speak to a girl??" Jisoo huffed. "You can do whatever you want but I'm never allowed to be upset at anything! You swear I'm irrational but who's acting irrational now??"

"Her friends were laughing at everything like.you were the funniest person in the damn room! She was leaning her head on you every time she had to laugh! You think that's nothing?!" Jisoo rolled her eyes. She had enough of their arguments.

"She's just some model I worked with."

"I'M JUST SOME MODEL YOU WORKED WITH!! YET YOU FUCKED ME AND LOOK WHERE I AM!"

"WILL YOU STOP YELLING??!" Jisoo finally yelled back. She sighed when she saw Soojoo's eyes tearing up. "Baby, please." She reached for her just to be pushed away. She followed Soojoo into her room.

Jisoo watched her angrily taking off her earrings. She stepped in when she saw her struggle with her chain. Relief passed Jisoo when she wasn't stopped. "I'm sorry. She really is just a friend I met." She slid it off and reached over to place it down.

Their eyes met once Soojoo turned around to face her. Fast hands, rushed to wipe away the tears that had dropped. "I'm so tired of these fights. Can we please just stop all this? I know it's selfish but could you please just speak to your parents?"

"I'm tired too, Jisoo." Her eyes seemed so worn out but Jisoo was finally received to see they were on the same page.

"You looked so beautiful in this dress tonight." She leaned in to kiss her as she reached to undo the zip. "Look even better without it."

••••••••••••

It had been so peaceful. Their relationship was stable. They weren't fighting anymore. Soojoo had promised to speak to her parents and Jisoo assumed she did when she didn't see Minho around her anymore.

So how did they end up like this?

"Jisoo, unlock this door right now or I'll break it down!" Lisa yelled from outside. "I haven't seen your stupid face in days and I'm unfortunately starting to miss it!"

Lisa leaned her forehead on the door when she heard no movement "Jisoo, please. I can hear you crying in there every day. It breaks my heart. Please. Open the door."

It took all her energy to walk up to open the door to her office. Once she faced Jisoo, all the colour drained from the younger's face. The raven looked like her life was drained from her body. Her eyes were sunken in while tears strained her face..Her body looked frail enough to break with a push.

"Jisoo." Lisa wasn't sure what to do. She wasn't familiar with Jisoo like this. The raven blinked through the tears and gulped what felt like a rock in her throat.

"Soojoo left me."

"We won't ever work, Jisoo. I want a family and they're right. You can't give me one."

"She left me because I can't give her the family she wants." Jisoo felt herself against Lisa. The younger had wrapped her into a hug.

"They're just looking out for me. How can you give me a family when you don't even have one yourself?"

"I...I was there for her for all those days she spent crying and she said I'm not worth losing what she has."

"I'm so tired of spending all my time crying over you, Jisoo."

"She doesn't want to break her family when she knows I can't ever have one." She sniffled against Lisa's shoulder. "Apparently she spent nights crying about us. Our relationship. I caused her so much pain, Lisa. I didn't know I could do that. Am I really that hard to love?"

"You already have one. You're my family. That bitch just wanted to blame someone else for her issues."

"I don't know what to do anymore." Jisoo cried. She cried until she felt she couldn't anymore. She cried until she felt herself grow weak from it.

And Lisa stayed through it all. She stayed to let her know she had a family. She was her family and she would ever leave her. She stayed to remind her she was the most lovable person she knew.

__________________

Just a rewind of the past, small bits of what Jisoo tells Jennie. I might name the chapters like I did with my old story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 10.3K 68
Where Kim Jisoo doesn't like kids and is afraid to settle down until she met Jennie Kim who is a married woman with a lovely daughter.
7.8K 355 5
When two professors who are madly in love with each other are too scared to confess their true feelings.
1.6K 91 1
In which Jisoo is an excellent CEO yet a terrible, terrible girlfriend. Jennie still loves her nonetheless. [jensoo one shot]
19.6K 789 17
🔞🔞🔞 "I can't seem to forget you, and I don't want to forget you!" -Taehyung Wherein a single night of engagement changed everything for them both...