[DOTS Y/n x Shi Jin] Standing...

By redmelon12

When Dr. L/n Y/n, the psychiatrist in Haesung hospital gets called down to see a patient recovering from a tr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
Announcement - a new dots book 👀
Epilogue 6 - family morning

Chapter 50

250 16 2
By redmelon12

Shi Jin's pov

Although I feel bad for Y/n being suspended for two days at work, I still enjoy her company, feeling like a normal couple for once after everything that has happened. The next two days at the hospital were spent with both of us laying in bed, watching something on the beam projector, talking, Y/n frequently cleaning the stitches, and Daeyoung and Myung Joo occasionally checking on us.

'Everything's done.' Y/n says as she walks back to me in the wheelchair, her having finished the paperwork for me being discharged at the reception. She hands me a warm cup of tea, holding a simple black coffee for herself.

'Do you want to go home to change and rest?' She asks, rolling the wheelchair out towards the outdoor parking lot.

'Can we go to your apartment? It's nicer there.' I say, Y/n giving a confused smile as I turn to look at her.

'You like my apartment that much? That's good because I was going to ask you if you want to move in.' She asks, and I almost spew out the tea I was drinking on another patient walking by.

'You what?' I ask as we pass through the automatic door out to the cold winter air.

'You know, you always insist you walk me back home and then end up falling asleep at my place. Half of my room is filled with your things.' She says, placing me next to her car and opening the door to clean off some dust on the seats.

'You say stuff like that so out of nowhere...' I say, turning my head to look at her blank face. 'But I would love that if that's okay for you. So that I can spend more time with you.' I say as she cleans the assistant seat as well.

'Now that's out of the way, what do you want to eat for lunch?' She asks again, her back towards me while she dusts off everything. But just before I can reply, I feel the wheelchair roll down the slope leading to the second outdoor parking lot.

'Y/n? Y/n! Dr. L/n?' I shout at Y/n cleaning the dust, her yelping behind me as she runs down the slope, still holding the duster.

'Ya-ya!' I yell as I see a line of orange traffic cones before crashing into one of them.

'Ahhhhhh' I shout as the orange traffic cone gets dragged along with me down the rest of the slope, Y/n screaming behind me as I collide with a small pole in front of the second parking lot.

'Omo!' She exclaims as she chases me down, looking at me land on the ground with a traffic cone stuck on my leg and the wheelchair crashing into the ground upside down.

'I'm fine-' I say as she runs towards me, the fur from the duster floating in all directions. Unlike my expectations that she would be babysitting me, she runs right past me toward the wheelchair, its wheel still turning pathetically on the ground.

'Oh no...' She whines as the wheel just falls off, her holding it as if it's a precious sad treasure.

'I'm going to have to pay for this too...' she says defeatedly, finally looking back at me with a sad puppy face before placing the wheel on top of the broken wheelchair. I see the security guards run over to take the wheelchair, glancing at me still on the ground with an orange cone stuck to my feet.

'Come on, let's go.' She says sadly, removing the orange traffic cone from my leg. 'Are you okay?' She finally asks me, placing the cone next to me and helping me up.

'Wow, so you care more about the wheelchair than me?' I say, standing back onto my feet and taking the duster to get rid of stuff that got on me when I fell.

'You looked fine but the wheelchair didn't.' She replies, looking back at the broken wheelchair.

'Everything hurts, my stitches, my arm, and my legs now.' I whine, grabbing the arm I fell on, and she immediately takes it, telling me to fold it and unfold it a few times. I copy her instruction, her smiling back at my frown.

'It's fine. Not broken.' She says, happily linking her arm with mine and leading me back up the hill.

Y/n's pov

You and Shi Jin put your stuff back in your apartment, and get back out to go to do some groceries together for today. Since you spent a whole three days in the hospital, you had no food whatsoever at home for cooking. 

Entering the shopping mall, Shi Jin pulls the cart, and both of you walk toward the grocery section on the B1 floor. The mall was pretty full, even when it was daytime on the weekday. 

'Let's see if we can get some groceries without causing problems today.' you say as you both step off of the escalator, the cool air of the grocery corner wafting in the air. 

'It feels like we're married. Grocery shopping together.' Shi Jin says, wrapping his arm around you while still pushing the cart with his other hand.

'It will feel more like that when you move in.' You say, picking some bell peppers from the vegetable pile. 

'Can we not do vegetables? I've been eating that for the past three days.' Shi Jin says, distastefully staring at all the bell peppers and carrots you picked up. 

'You're supposed to be eating them every day.' You say, tossing all the veggies into the cart. 'But don't worry. I won't make you only eat vegetables today.' You add, Shi Jin's face finally relaxing into his usual pleasant expression. 

'Oh by the way, may I ask how much the rent is? When I move into your apartment?' He asks as you both move towards the dairy fridge to get some milk and cheese. 

'None. I own it. I do whatever I want with it.' You say as you check the expiry date, picking some semi-skimmed milk out of the fridge. Turning to Shi Jin, you give him a complacent smile, his expression looking at you like you are a spoiled show-off, yet still holding up a thumb. 

'Oh, that also means I could charge you however much I want.' You say again, and you turn back to him, not hearing the whining reaction that you expected from him. Instead, he only looks down, his expression turning serious. 

'I'm just kidding, I won't make you pay rent.' You explain, but he still doesn't smile. Instead, he walks over to you, leaving the cart aside. 

'I don't know how to...repay that offer.' He says, his arms wrapping around you loosely. 

'I'm trying to repay you. Do you still not understand? You could have just followed the orders from your commander and stopped us from saving the patient back in Uruk. Or just leave me with that terrible people for them to kill or sell or whatever they do. But you always disobeyed the orders to come and get me. That shows that you always put people above your pay or rank and so I'm repaying you for saving my life. Also in hopes that you keep doing what you're doing. Especially since you didn't say I won't stop getting into accidents.' You say, Shi Jin's grip on you tightening while you put your arms around his back. 

'Thank you.' He whispers, kissing your forehead. You look up at his smile, narrowing your eyes.

'But mostly I just love you so I just want you to live with me.' You add quickly, half because it's true, and half because you didn't want him to feel guilty for living with you for rent-free.

'I really love it when you're honest and suddenly say things like that.' He says, his hands moving to cup your face. 

'I didn't say I would be paying all the living costs though. The amount of alcohol you buy is out of my budget.' You joke, copying him to hold his cheeks in your hands. 

'I wasn't planning to make you pay the living costs too.' He replies, happily moving the cart towards the frozen food section. You follow him, trying to get some frozen dumplings and rice cakes to make rice cake soup tonight for dinner. 

Shi Jin takes two fried dumplings from the tasting section, handing one to you. You take it from his hand, biting into the crispy dough and the warm inner fillings. 

'Aii, such a cute couple.' The lady in her early 60s says as she flips over the dumplings on the oily pan, looking between you and Shi Jin. You both smile awkwardly as you try the dumplings, putting the used green toothpick into the small cup with the label "used". 

'Newly wedded?' She asks as she places some new dumplings over the pan, the oil frantically going everywhere. 'Oh, careful. The oil.' She adds quickly, looking up at you and Shi Jin, signaling to answer her question. 

'N-' You start to say, only to be interrupted by Shi Jin.

'Yes.' He says with a smile, the lady exclaiming happily as she takes two new green toothpicks, handing you both the freshly fried dumplings.

'Must be nice, must be nice. That's the best time for you. Young, fresh, healthy.' Another lady frying tofu from the next stall says, the dumpling lady agreeing heartily as you both gratefully take the dumplings. 

'Any plans for your second generation then?' The tofu lady asks, and you almost choke on the dumpling. 

'Maybe about two children would be nice. One daughter and one son.' Shi Jin says, his face remaining his usual pleasant smile unlike your face suddenly feeling hot. The ladies laugh loudly, agreeing with him for his "great choice". You only take tiny bites of your remaining dumpling, just to give your hands and mouth something to do while Shi Jin converses with the ladies. 

'But don't get her pregnant too early. Enjoy your newly wedded period as long as possible.' The tofu lady says, and that was the killing blow to your brain. You cough, covering your mouth with your hands as Shi Jin grins down at you. 

'Ayyy, you always overstep. Are you okay?' The dumpling lady says to the tofu lady, her asking you if you are okay with a concerned expression. You nod quickly, turning around to finish coughing out the tiny dumpling filling that was stuck to your throat. 

'It's okay.' You say to the tofu lady, your voice almost wheezing as you try to wipe your tears from coughing.

'I think we should get going. Could we have one kimchi dumpling and one beef one please?' Shi Jin asks the lady, the dumpling lady smiling widely and picking up the said dumpling packs from the fridge behind her. 

'Thank you. The dumplings taste really good.' Shi Jin adds, and you also say a raspy "thank you" to both ladies. He takes the cart back, moving towards the next part of the grocery floor. 

'Why did you say we're married?' You ask once you recover your fried brain, Shi Jin glancing at you as he pushes the cart. 

'Are you not going to marry me?' He asks back, smoothly escaping your bewildered expression to get some flat-shaped rice cakes for soup. 

'Are you proposing to me? While we shop for rice cakes?' You ask again, Shi Jin simply reaching for the rice cakes on the frozen shelves. 

'Well, I guess, unofficially, yes.' He replies, taking one flat-shaped rice cake package and turning it around to look at the expiry date. 

'Seriously?' You ask, seeing his serious expression while pretending to read the ingredients list of a rice cake although you see his ears starting to turn red. 'I don't see a reason why I wouldn't.' You say, Shi Jin finally dropping his pretending and tossing the rice cake into the cart. 

'But you can't die if you marry me.' You say quickly, Shi Jin showing two thumbs up instead of saying anything else. 

'Then you also really meant it when you say you want children? Two? With me?' You ask, pushing the cart forward while leaning on it. Shi Jin turns back to face you, taking the cart away from your arms resting on top of the bar and starting to push it himself. 

'Don't you think that'll be cute? A daughter and a son that looks like both of us.' He says, his gaze down at you covering your nearly flaming cheeks with your colder hands. 

'Too far ahead, Captain.' you say, quickly running away to hide between the cupped ramen isles to save yourself from more embarrassment. 

Author's note: 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀 

The cringefest I went through for your enjoyment ✌️ hopefully you don't find it cringe and it's just me who normally never watches any romance genre (although all my fanfictions are somehow all in that genre)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 2.5K 52
The love story between a soldier and a doctor reaches new heights, as their bond strenghtens to a point where it becomes unbreakable. However, as the...
51.5K 1.2K 18
Sequel of the Snippets. A journey in Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin's life after tying the knot. Humor, romance, a bit drama, a bit action.
59.8K 1.4K 28
Kang Mo Yeon has a new start to her life. After Yoo Shi Jin came back, her life changed and she became happier. They have a chance to go back to Urk...
13.4K 745 25
She was abused, hurt, and abandoned by her parents as she was then handed over to her lovely grandmother. Although that didn't last long as a few yea...