Creating Me - Eremin

By psychojuuzou

Armin Arlert hasn't led the easiest of lives, most of the difficulties that have arisen, however, orbit aroun... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: [[END]]

Chapter 3

6.2K 274 708
By psychojuuzou

a/n: Thank you to everyone who's been reading this and for all of the lovely comments I've received! I'm having a lot of fun writing this story, and since it's summer, I'll be updating frequently!

Trigger warnings: depression, self harm, suicide mentions

My eyes opened slowly, squinting slightly at the light. I heard a voice come from somewhere near me, "Oh good, you're awake." A moment later, the smiling face of that new boy, Eren, appeared in front of me. His green eyes glistened, his smile was so perfect, so... I shook my head to clear my thoughts. What was I thinking? I just met this guy, for god's sake!

I decide to smile back at him. "Hi." I croak in my annoyingly-high pitched voice.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, a look of concern crossing his face.

"Like total shit." I reply with a bitter smile. "By the way," I scratch the back of my neck, "was that you who got me out of there?"

He blushed and replied, "Yeah... I mean, I-I know we just met and everything, but you seemed really nice and then when I walked out of school and saw those assholes beating you up," he ran his hand through his hair, "I just got protective, I guess. I get that way with my friends." By the time he finished, his face was a rose-pink color.  I smiled.

"So, we're friends?" I asked.

"O-only if you want to be!" He replied quickly, stumbling over his words.

I smiled and said, "Of course."

But then a thought occurred to me. If he'd carried me all the way here from my house... is it possible that he felt my binder? Does he know? Suddenly there were a million questions in my head, and I began to feel dizzy.

"Hey Armin, you alright?" Eren asked, a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smile back at him. "A little dizzy is all. And I should probably be heading home soon, my grandpa might be getting worried." Wow, lying through my teeth. My grandpa doesn't give a flying fuck about me, I might as well live alone.

"Oh, okay. Are you sure you're okay to walk? Or stand?" Eren replied. I stretched my legs and twisted so I could plant my feet on the floor of what I could only assume to be Eren's room. I wiggled my toes, shook my arms, and stood up.

"Yup, good to go." I smiled at him. His expression remained concerned as I took a few steps to his door, and he quickly followed me. He showed me down a flight of stairs, through a living room, and to his front door, which I opened. 

"Thank you. For everything." I said, and pulled him into a hug. 

"See you tomorrow?" He asked.

"See you tomorrow." I replied, letting go of him. 

"Are you sure you don't need a ride home or anything? I could-"

"Just tell me what street we're on, and I'm good to go." I smile. He tells me the address of where we are, and I'm surprised to find that I live just a few blocks away. I say goodbye and start walking home.

{time skip to Armin arriving at home}

I unlock my front door and push it open very quietly, just in case grandpa's home. After listening for a few moments, I decide that it's safe to go inside, and slowly creep in. I make my way upstairs to my room, still being cautious, just in case.

When I reached my room, I closed my door behind me, flopped onto my bed, and cried. I didn't cry for long, though, and went to something more physical for solace. I rummaged around in my dresser until I found the little cardboard box, which had been used to hold a bar of soap until I came across it. 

I slide off the lid and look at all of the blades housed inside o it. Big and small, sharp and dull, from razors, X-Acto knives, pencil sharpeners, anything you could dream of. For today, I picked a small, but sharp, one from a small x-acto knife. 

I walked into the bathroom, blade in hand, and locked the door behind me. A million words swirled in my mind,

Tranny

Freak

Faggot

Worthless

Unwanted

Useless

Fat

Ugly,

and so, so many more. I pulled back the sleeves of my sweater and held my wrists above the sink as I started slicing, a cut for each word that appeared in my brain. When I was done, I watched as the thick red liquid dripped from my wrists and down the drain. I cleaned out the sink, put some gauze (which I taped down) over the cuts, and laid down in bed.

So many thoughts still in my head, generally revolving around the fact of how worthless I was and how I should just die. God, I wanted more than anything to just die, I served no purpose in this world, brought no joy, I really was useless. 

Maybe someday I'll actually do it,  I thought to myself, maybe one day I'll actually kill myself and all of this will be over. These are my last thoughts before I passed into a deep sleep.

a/n: please don't kill me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 3.4K 24
TW: DEPRESSION, SELF HARM, SUICIDE IMPORTANT: SOME PARTS ARE REALLY UNREALISTIC 。 If you think you have mental issues please seek for professional he...
11.2K 163 33
This story is based on the original anime. This story has the same storyline, but with most events having different outcomes. It's the alternate univ...
31.2K 1.5K 22
Armin has been noticing a couple of teenagers lately that really spark his interest. One of them, an appealing green-eyed boy, has an energetic and d...
10.2K 414 18
armin has never been more oblivious to anything else in his life. for such a smart person, he can't see what's right in front of his face, but there'...