𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄...

By nataliaalianovas

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐃𝐘| ❝You're what they call a beautiful tragedy. Someone who's beauty is hidi... More

𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
━━︎︎𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐓𝐞𝐧
𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
━︎━︎𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲
━━︎︎𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

76 1 0
By nataliaalianovas

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:
❝︎Just A Business Man❞︎

     "YOU GUYS NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE UP AGAINST HERE." Marcos told them. The group of them, the Strucker's, Clarice, Aphrodite, Artemis, and John were all sitting around the room, listening to Marcos tell them about what he had witnessed at the Inner Circle's head quarters. "It's not just the Frosts. This woman Reeva, she's. . . she's powerful. I mean, she's got a hold on Andy and Lorna that's greater than anything I thought possible."

     "Andy's 15. She's probably giving him whatever he wants." Caitlin added. "Of course he's caught up in this."

     "Caitlin, I saw him." Marcos cut her off. "I talked to him. I'm telling you, he's a believer. And with Lorna, she, uh. . . she looked me in the eye, and she told me she loved me, and that whatever they're doing matters more."

     Caitlin spoke up again. "Then we need to find out what that is."

     "How?" Reed asked, turning to look at his wife. "We've been following them for six months, and all we know is that they're well-hidden and well-funded."

     "Well, we also know that they like destroying stuff and killing people." Clarice sarcastically commented.

     Caitlin stood up, looking at her. "We can't just sit on our hands waiting for them to make a move."

      Marcos looked up at the woman before saying, "She's right. We know they were hacking into data cables. Maybe we can go to Wire. See if he can―︎I don't know―︎hack the system, find out for us."

     "He nearly killed you and my mom." Lauren shut the idea down.

      "Yeah, I mean last time I checked, he hates you," said Clarice. "You really think he's gonna cooperate?"

     "Well, if he doesn't, we'll have to find a way to make him." Caitlin replied and Aphrodite just rose an eyebrow at her.

     "Okay, that's dark." Artemis mumbled, sharing a look with Clarice who nodded in agreement.

     Marcos stood up. "If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it."

      Finally, John stood up and just looked at Marcos. Aphrodite stood up as well and by just giving Clarice and Marcos a look, John silently told them to come on. The group of four walked out of the building, making their way to the cars when Reed's voice called out. "Hey, John?" Reed made his way over to the man. "Can I have a word?" Marcos and Clarice continued to the car and Aphrodite took a stand beside John.

     Reed glanced at her and Aphrodite rolled her eyes. "He's going to tell me anyways."

     John nodded. "She's right. What's going on?"

     "I need your help with something." Reed answered. "You know my fathers experiments?" That word made shiver's roll down Aphrodite's spine. "When he tried to suppress the effects of the X-gene in me?"

     "Yes."

      "It seems that he wasn't entirely successful."

     Aphrodite's eyebrows rose in surprise as John let out a startled, "What? You're manifesting powers?"

     Reed looked like he had regret on his face, like he should've said something sooner. "When I've been touching things. They've been beginning to crumble and fall apart, and when it happens, it's destructive. I-I have no control."

     "Okay, well, it's not unusual to feel like―︎"

     Reed cut him off. "Believe me, it doesn't feel usual. I don't know if it's related to what my dad did, but the headaches, the way the power accelerates. . ."

     "Yeah, you need, you need training."

     "But I don't have time for that. I just need it to stop."

     "You can't, alright?" John told him. "Your-your powers, they're apart of you. They're linked to your deepest emotions."

     "Well, then if I could control them . . ."

     "No, no. I've seen people try, alright? Anxiety medicines, tranquilizers―︎it's gonna work for a little while, but you're always―︎"

     "That's all I need." Reed hissed. "I just need some time until everything calms down."

     "You don't want to go down that road, okay? Trust me. You need training. If this is happening―︎"

     "John!" Marcos called from the car, making them turn to look at him. "We're ready. Let's go."

     John held up a hand and Marcos got back in the car. Reed shook his head. "You go. You go. We can-we can talk about it another time. It's good." Reed walked away. John glanced at Aphrodite and she softly sighed, placing a hand on his harm before nodding towards the car.

     They pulled up to where Wire would be. John got out of the back, holding the door open and waiting for Aphrodite to climb out before closing the door. He grabbed her hand as the group of four began walking. Clarice looked around and sighed. "I hated this idea even before I saw the neighborhood. This place is sketchy."

     "Ah, you didn't have to come." Marcos told her.

     "Uh-uh. If you guys are planning on doing something this stupid, someone's gotta be there if something goes wrong."

     Marcos pointed at Aphrodite. "That's what Dove's for."

     "I love her, but sometimes she encourages the stupidity." Clarice said, glancing at the woman who smirked slightly in amusement.

     "The sooner we get this done, sooner we're out of here." John assured them, interlacing his fingers with Aphrodite and giving her hand a small squeeze. She glanced up at him and gave him a small smile at the action. John smiled down at her and placed a kiss to her temple.

     "Look, I might not be Wire's favorite person, nut he's a businessman." Marcos said and Aphrodite just glanced at him in response.

     "A businessman who threatened to sell you to our enemies." Clarice reminded him.

     "It wasn't pretty, but we got what we needed." Marcos stopped and looked at them. "Chances are he whines a little, then he takes the cash. That's it." 

     "And if he doesn't?" Aphrodite asked.

     "Then maybe one of his hacker buddies might. They have a whole little nest in there. They smoke kick all day, they hack into systems and steal stuff."

     Clarice looked over at Aphrodite who had the same look of unsureness on her face. "Sounds delightful."

     "Yeah, well, it's the best chance we have of saving Lorna and Andy." Marcos continued walking.

     "Who you said don't want to be save." Clarice hummed, following after him.

     "They have my daughter." Marcos stopped again to look at the purple haired mutant.

     John finally decided to step in. "Clarice, it's a long shot, but it's all we've got." Clarice looked at John for a moment before nodding her head. They turned the corner and Marcos walked up to a door and pulled on it only for it to be locked. Marcos knocked on the door but there was no response.

     Clarice shrugged. "Oh, well. Nice try, guys." She began walking away. "Let's grab a latte on the way back. What do you say?"  

     "Hold up." John held up a hand and Clarice stopped, slowly turning around with a sigh but not moving closer to them. John placed his hear against the door, closing his eyes to listen before backing away and looking at them. "Someone's in there."

     Marcos looked up at the security camera before waving into it. "Yo! Wire, it's me. It's Marcos." Suddenly two shots went off, one hitting John and the other hitting Aphrodite. Aphrodite fell to the ground, clutching her shoulder in pain before looking over at John.

     Clarice went to go up to him but John pushed her back. "Stay back!" Anger coursed through his veins as he ran forwards and kicked the door open. Clarice quickly pulled Aphrodite up.

     "Just a businessman, huh?" Aphrodite snapped, clenching her jaw in pain as she watched blood trickle down her hand from where she was putting pressure on the wound. Another shot went off from inside and Aphrodite clenched her jaw, taking a deep breath before pushing forwards, ignoring Clarice and Marcos' shouts. She heard voices up the stairs and quickly followed them.

     "Die! What the hell's the matter with you?" A man Aphrodite didn't recognize shouted.

     "Hey, hey, put the gun down, alright?" John heavily breathed, having just been shot again. "We just want to talk to you."

     "You got my brother killed." The man snapped. "Talk to this bitch." He cocked the gun again and Aphrodite appeared, eyes and hands glowing as she quickly ripped the gun from his grasp before throwing her hands forwards and sending him flying against the wall, knocking him out. Marcos and Clarice quickly ran in the room as Aphrodite took a seat on top of the desk, clutching her shoulder and keeping her eyes closed.

     "Are you okay?" John asked, walking over to Aphrodite.

     "You're the one who just got shot twice. I should be asking you that." Aphrodite answered, opening her eyes to look at him.

     "I'm fine. You're the one bleeding." John answered, looking at her bleeding shoulder.

     Aphrodite looked at him, ripping the bottom of her shirt and quickly tying it tightly around the wound. She shrugged. "I've been through worse."

     Clarice nodded towards the guy laying on the ground. "Who the hell is this guy?"

     "That's Wire's brother." Marcos answered.

     "Hey, hey." John grabbed their attention. "We got to get out of here right now."

     "Yeah, we needed a hacker, he'll have to do. Let's go."

John grabbed onto the man, lifting him over his shoulder whilst Clarice walked over to Aphrodite and grabbed hold of her to keep her steady as the group quickly made their way out to the car. The first thing they did was go to a medical clinic. John had to get the bullet's removed that were poking out of his skin and Aphrodite had to get stitches. Clarice was in the room where John was and Aphrodite was anxiously watching as the doctor patched her up. Marcos had left to meet up with Caitlin and Reed, trying to get information out of their hacker.

When the doctor was done, Aphrodite thanked him before standing up and making her way into John's room. Clarice and John turned to look at her when she walked in and the doctor took out the last bullet casing. John pulled his shirt back on and stood up walking over to her.

     "You okay?" John softly asked her.

      Aphrodite gave him a gentle smile and nodded her head. "Yeah. I'm okay." Aphrodite glanced towards the doctor as he left before looking back at John. She could see the regret dancing in his eyes and she just shook her head. "Don't do that. You didn't know. It's not your fault that I got hurt."

     "If anything, blame Marcos." Clarice piped up causing the couple to look at her. "It was his plan."

     "Come on. We should go see if they've gotten anything." John told them and Clarice nodded before hopping down from her spot on the desk and walked out first. John looked at Aphrodite before giving her a quick kiss. She smiled at him and she kissed him back before grabbing his hand and following after Clarice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 507 14
"You Brought Light Into My Life And Gave Me Hope."
310K 11.4K 55
𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒎𝒆 . . . . 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄,, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕...
177K 5.8K 50
𝗜'𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙍𝙐𝙎!
129K 3.6K 31
❝ 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐓. ❞ or sarcastic plus sarcastic seemed to mix well-or not. iro...