𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:MARCOS DIAZ

CHAPTER FIVE:
MARCOS DIAZ

SHE DIDN'T MEAN TO SLEEP until the next morning, but she had been so tired and so mentally and physically exhausted, that she couldn't help but give in to the extra hours of sleep. When she awoke, she felt more at rest than she had for the past week. She sat up in the bed, pulling her hair free of the pony tail that she had accidentally slept in. She unbraided the small braid that was still in her hair, rolling her eyes at the fact that it was the only extremely wavy part of her slightly curly hair. She forced herself out of the bed, taking a quick shower before getting out, getting dressed, and braiding two small braids before connecting them together in the back, and then braiding that part as well.

She looked at herself in the mirror, her blue eyes staring back at her as she felt her wall start to build. She watched as her eyes became protected behind the wall that she hadn't had up since she had met Damien. She let out a breath, nodding to herself before walking out of her designated room.

"I see you slept well." Lorna spoke up, making the redhead turn her head. "You look a lot more ready for the day, and not exhausted."

"I didn't mean to sleep all day." Aphrodite admitted with a sheepish smile. "I didn't even realize that I was that exhausted."

"It happens to the best of us." Lorna assured. "Don't worry about it."

John appeared, his eyes landing on Aphrodite for a split second. She looked at him, and her shoulders suddenly relaxed. She didn't know why, but she was expecting him to feel pity for her for what she had to go through, but that wasn't what shone in his eyes. He seemed to be looking at her with slight admiration, making her offer him a small smile. He turned his attention to Lorna who already wore a smirk on her face.

"Ready?"

"Let's do it."

The trio arrived at a diner, taking a seat as they patiently waited for the mutant that they knew had a not so good background. John and Lorna sat on one side, whilst Aphrodite sat on the other. A waitress walked up to them, asking for their order to which the three mutants responded with coffee. Aphrodite thanked the woman once the coffee was given to her, before taking a spoon and stirring the drink around.

"So, who exactly is this guy?" Aphrodite asked, taking a sip of her drink before looking between the two.

"His name is Marcos Diaz. Works for a Cartel." John explained to the redhead. She nodded her head, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she sighed.

"So, we're taking in a person that sells drugs. That's cool." she nodded her head, earning an amused smile from Lorna. "Do we know what he can do? Or did you leave that part out too?" John looked at the redhead, trying to hide the amused smile that wanted to fall on his lips whilst Lorna sat there quietly chuckling and shaking her head.