𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX:BRING IT ON

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX:
BRING IT ON

     "OKAY, WELL, I SAY WE go in now, since everyone's still in holding. I mean, Reed and i were locked up in there together." Lorna was frustrated, angry, and scared all at the same time after Reed and his wife brought back the news of what had happened to their people. How Sentinel Services had them in their grasp. Two of her best friends were in there. One of which was Artemis' mother.

The teenager was terrified, tried tear stains coating her cheeks. She knew that her mother could take care of herself, but she also knew her mother was powerful. And if they got their hands on her, there was no telling what they would force her to do. That was something she couldn't have. Yet, she couldn't find it in her to stand up and argue in agreement with Lorna. It wasn't right and her mother wouldn't like them going in without a plan.

     "You want to hit Sentinel Services―︎are you crazy?" Reed snapped.

     "Don't call me crazy."

     "Okay, everyone take it easy." Marcos tried.

     "She wants to launch an attack on the heels of what we just went through, with no way in." Reed argued. "Which part of that doesn't sound crazy to you?"

     "Hey―︎"

     "Okay, do I have to remind you that it's not just our people in there?" Lorna questioned, holding up her hands. "They have your kids, too."

     "We saw men with guns cart away our kids while they cried for our help, so, no, you sure as hell don't." Caitlin glared daggers at Lorna.

     "I'm not agreeing on a plan that puts them in more danger."

And then several arguments broke out once. Artemis' arms tightened around her chest, fear gathering in her veins as she glanced at John who met her eyes, silently begging him to do something. John looked at the teenager before glancing back towards the shouting, clenching his jaw and curling his hand into a fist and then slamming it against a chair, breaking it into pieces.

     "That's enough!" They all went silent. "There is no more 'yours' or 'ours'. Andy and Lauren, Winter, Sonya, and Clarice. They're all our people now."

     "Turning their jail cells into a shooting gallery hurts everyone." Reed reasoned.

     "Maybe." Lorna agreed. "But it's just a matter of time before Campbell gets his hands on them and turns them into hounds. If that happens, this place is finished. Especially if they have Winter on their side." She clenched her jaw. "It might already be finished."

     "There are people we can talk to."

     "What, we write our congressman and hope for the best? If we have to shed blood sooner or later, I vote sooner."