𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR:A SOLID PLAN

A SOLID PLAN

SHE SLEPT LIKE JOHN HAD told her to. She just hadn't expected to sleep for an entire day. Artemis had been the one to wake her up, catching her up on everything that she had missed. She now stood in the kitchen, a coffee placed in her hand as she stood on the top floor of the Mutant Underground watching from above. She turned her attention away when a hand was placed on her shoulder, smiling when she saw her sister standing there. Sonya pushed a hair from Aphrodite's face as she smiled at her older sibling.

     "How's your head?" Sonya questioned her.

     "Hurts. But less than it did yesterday." Aphrodite answered. Her eyes narrowed in on Artemis talking with Lauren, a wide smile on Artemis' face as she made the blonde laugh at something she had said. She felt for her daughter. She wished that she could help her, but she had to let the relationship develop the way it was supposed to without her intervening.

     "Come on." Sonya sighed, hooking her arm with her sister's. "Meeting's about to start." Aphrodite nodded before finishing her cup of coffee and then allowing her sister to lead her towards the bank fault where everyone stood. John, Lorna, Marcos, Clarice, Sage, and then the telepath that they had picked up. Esme was her name.

     "We need to go after the Trask lab now." Esme demanded, pacing back and forth as she did so. Aphrodite watched her with her eyes, her arms crossed over her chest as she met Lorna's eyes before looking back towards Esme. "We have to rescue those people."

     "Have to?" Lorna stepped forwards. "You're pretty new here to be telling people what they have to do."

     "You don't get it!" Esme snapped. "My family is in there. They're running out of time."

     "I get it." Aphrodite spoke up, making the group look at her. "I've been in your shoes when my daughter was taken by one of those organizations. But I practically went in without a plan. My only goal was to save Art. I almost got both of us, as well as Lorna, Marcos, and John, killed in the process. Just take a breath, alright? We'll figure something out."

     "You got all that information from the woman they sent after us?" John questioned the blonde.

     "Yes," Esme nodded. "I mean, her mind was hard to read. Confused. But I got enough. The mutants in that lab, they were desperate. I-I could hear the screams. I could see the bodies. I could feel the agony when they turned that poor woman into that thing. And it's all happening in that building."

     "We know where this place is?" Clarice questioned from her spot on the other side of John.

      "I'm assembling a site map now." Sage assured.

     "So why are we standing here?" Esme quizzed.

     Sonya spoke next. "Did you get anything on their security?"