𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:❝︎Just A Business Man❞︎

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:
❝︎Just A Business Man❞︎

     "YOU GUYS NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE UP AGAINST HERE." Marcos told them. The group of them, the Strucker's, Clarice, Aphrodite, Artemis, and John were all sitting around the room, listening to Marcos tell them about what he had witnessed at the Inner Circle's head quarters. "It's not just the Frosts. This woman Reeva, she's. . . she's powerful. I mean, she's got a hold on Andy and Lorna that's greater than anything I thought possible."

     "Andy's 15. She's probably giving him whatever he wants." Caitlin added. "Of course he's caught up in this."

     "Caitlin, I saw him." Marcos cut her off. "I talked to him. I'm telling you, he's a believer. And with Lorna, she, uh. . . she looked me in the eye, and she told me she loved me, and that whatever they're doing matters more."

     Caitlin spoke up again. "Then we need to find out what that is."

     "How?" Reed asked, turning to look at his wife. "We've been following them for six months, and all we know is that they're well-hidden and well-funded."

     "Well, we also know that they like destroying stuff and killing people." Clarice sarcastically commented.

     Caitlin stood up, looking at her. "We can't just sit on our hands waiting for them to make a move."

      Marcos looked up at the woman before saying, "She's right. We know they were hacking into data cables. Maybe we can go to Wire. See if he can―︎I don't know―︎hack the system, find out for us."

     "He nearly killed you and my mom." Lauren shut the idea down.

      "Yeah, I mean last time I checked, he hates you," said Clarice. "You really think he's gonna cooperate?"

     "Well, if he doesn't, we'll have to find a way to make him." Caitlin replied and Aphrodite just rose an eyebrow at her.

     "Okay, that's dark." Artemis mumbled, sharing a look with Clarice who nodded in agreement.

     Marcos stood up. "If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it."

      Finally, John stood up and just looked at Marcos. Aphrodite stood up as well and by just giving Clarice and Marcos a look, John silently told them to come on. The group of four walked out of the building, making their way to the cars when Reed's voice called out. "Hey, John?" Reed made his way over to the man. "Can I have a word?" Marcos and Clarice continued to the car and Aphrodite took a stand beside John.

     Reed glanced at her and Aphrodite rolled her eyes. "He's going to tell me anyways."

     John nodded. "She's right. What's going on?"