𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:ANOTHER REDHEAD

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
ANOTHER REDHEAD

SHE WASN'T SURE WHY SHE couldn't remember anything from before she had met Damien. She sat there with Zingo's head in her lap as she tried to think of anything, but she came up blank. She looked up from her concentrated spot on the ground when a knock fell on the open door. She looked up, noticing John standing there.

     "Hey, you looked lost in thought. I didn't mean to interrupt."

     "No, you're fine." Aphrodite assured. She nodded towards the spot on the other side of the dog. "Join me?" He did so, sitting down on the other side of Zingo. The dog lifted her head from Aphrodite's lap, glancing at John before placing her head back down. "This is Zingo. She's very quiet and keeps to herself, and apparently the people she likes. Which, at the moment, is only me and Art."

     Zingo looked up again when John started to rub the dog's fur. She moved her head from Aphrodite's lap to John's, making the redhead chuckle softly. "I guess she likes you too."

     "I have that effect on animals." John joked.

     "Why? Because your name is Thunderbird?" Aphrodite quizzed before letting out a sarcastic scoff. "As if." There was a moment of peaceful silence before Aphrodite broke it. "How's Pulse fitting in?"

     "Good. He likes it here." John nodded his head.

     "Yeah, he seems like a nice guy." Aphrodite gently smiles. "I forget sometimes that mutants can be ten times nicer than regular humans." John nods in agreement. Aphrodite was oblivious to the slightly awkward silence as she looked down at the dog, rubbing her fur. John glanced at the woman, taking a quick second to just look at her before he listened.

     "I think Lorna just got back." John informed. Aphrodite looked up and nodded her head before getting up off the couch. She paused.

     "Hey John? Is everything alright?"

     "Yeah, everything's alright. Why?"

     Aphrodite shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Just a feeling I guess. Come on, let's meet the second new comer for today." Aphrodite walked out of the room, and John followed close behind her. Lorna entered with another redhead by her side.

     "Yes, another redhead." Aphrodite smiled as she got closer. Artemis soon joined the group, giving Lorna a hug before joining Aphrodite's side again. The young girl cocked her head to the side as she looked at the new woman that had entered. Aphrodite looked at her as well, frowning slightly. "Have we met before?"

     "I don't think so." The woman said after a moment, shaking her head.

     "Sorry. You just look familiar for some odd reason." Aphrodite responded.