The Fury Of The Storm

By Silverflare-2

Trueborn son of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister Sold to slavery Forced to become a warrior Willing to... More

How could this happen?
No Matter The Cost
Trauma
We Meet Again
Takmet
Second Sons Part 1
Second Sons Part 2
Second Sons Part 3
The Raging Storm and The Roaring Dragon
Broken
Ai Art
New Road
Ai Art
Heart to Heart
The Whole Truth
AI Art
Brothers
Ai Art
Ai Art
Desolation
AI Art
Heartbroken
Love and Betrayal
Regrets and Revival
A Better Path
AI Art
His Journey Begins Now
The Tale To Be Told Begins Thus
Final Trial
AI Art
Liberation Of Volants Part 1
Liberation Of Volantis Part 2
AI Art
The Time Has Come
Homecoming
AI Art
Forming Alliances
Full Circle
AI Art
Preparation
Legacy
Love and power
AI Art
Beyond The Wall Part 1
Beyond The Wall Part 2
The Meeting
The Storm and The Fire
The Reunion and the Wedding
Bound in Honor Part 1
Bound in Honor Part 2
Bound in Honor Part 3
The Great War Part 1
The Great War Part 2
Remember The Fallen
Next Strategy
True to your Word
Ready For War!
Vengeance For The Fallen
The Flood
Honoring The Fallen
Tomorrow

The Beginning

1.9K 75 22
By Silverflare-2

Mereen

Davion watched as the golden statue of Mereen was being pulled from the pyramid and he smiled when he saw it fall down. He looked at an Unsullied member and they nodded at each other.

Davions room

Davion was sharpening his sword and daggers. It has been six months since Daenerys locked up her dragons and Davion saw how sad she was without her children, but he couldn't bring himself to comfort her no matter how much he wanted to. He heard a knock on the door.

"Enter." Davion said while sharpening his sword. He looked up when the door opened and he quickly rose from his chair. "Your grace." He bowed.

"Apologies for the intrusion." She said. "I've come to see how you are."

"I was about to join Thorak for some training, but all is well, your grace." Davion said.

"How is he progressing?" Daenerys asked. She loved how Davion was protective over Thorak. Even though they weren't brothers by blood, Davion still treated Thorak as his brother.

"Very well." Davion said and smiled. "He should be sparring with Grey Worm as we speak. After we removed the statue from the pyramid I told him to warm up while I sharpen my sword and he said he would find Grey Worm to spar with."

"He's lucky to have you in his life." Daenerys said and sighed. She needed to tell Davion something that she knew would upset him. "Davion?"

"Yes, your grace." He said.

"Dario Naharis is back from Yunkai." Daenerys said.

Davion sighed. "I take it everything went well in Yunkai?" He asked.

"I believe so, but I'll hear from Hizdahr zo Loraq." Daenerys said. "Davion-" The Stag Prince cut Daenerys off.

"I have to get to training, your grace." He was still disappointed in her and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't reach him.

"Of course." She said and moved aside for Davion to leave his room, but he stopped when he saw Ser Barriston at the door. "What's wrong?" Daenerys asked.

Later in the council chambers, Davion and Daenerys received the news that trouble was in Mereen.

"The Sons of the Harpy?" Daenerys asked as Ser Barriston put the horned golden mask in the table.

"Yes, your grace." Ser Barriston said. "They left it on tbe body."

"They've never killed before." Davion said. "Not after they kidnapped Thorak."

"It was only a matter of time, Davion." Ser Barriston said. "Conquerers always meet with resistance."

"I didn't conquer them." Daenerys said. "Their own people did."

One of the former slaves spoke up. "They do not see us as people, your grace."

"I know that just as well as you do, Mossador." Davion said. "We will find these people and make them understand that we will never again be in chains." Mossador nodded at Davion.

Daenerys loved that Davion could speak high valyrian fluently. She then looked at Mossador. "They will learn to see things differently, Mossador."

"Every man in your army didn't not risk their lives fighting for their freedom so cowards in masks could take it away." Davion said. "And the queen did not take up residence in this pyramid so she could watch the city below decline into chaos. We will rip this monsters out root and stem."

Whatever it was that was making Davion angry, Daenerys was worried for him. She looked at Grey Worm. "What was the name of the man you lost?"

"White Rat, your grace." Grey Worm said.

"I want him buried with honor, publicly in the Temple of the Graces." Daenerys said and Mossador smirked.

"The Sons of the Harpy will hear that message." Ser Barriston said.

"Make them very angry." Mossador said.

"Angry snakes tend to lash out." Davion said. "It makes chopping their heads that much easier."

Daenerys nodded. "Find the men who did this and bring them to me." She ordered.

"Your grace." Ser Barriston bowed.

"Davion wait." Daenerys said and he watched as everyone else left. "Are you alright?" She asked.

"I'll be better once we get rid of these monsters." Davion said.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so angry." Daenerys said. "Tell me what's bothering you."

Davion sighed and looked at her. "These men took Thorak to get to me, and wanted to kill me to get to....you."

"Davion." Daenerys tried to touch him, but he stepped back.

"You should prepare yourself to receive Hizdahr and Dario." He said and walked away. Daenerys sighed. She wanted so badly for Davion to forgive her, but she knew that would take time. She loved him and she hurt him, but she didn't know how to fix this.

Mereen

Throne room

Daenerys sat on her throne as she heard Hizdahr speak. Ser Barriston was on her right and Grey Worm was on her left

"Our mission to Yunkai was a resounding success." Hizdahr said. "The wise masters of Yunkai have agreed to cede power to a council of elders made up of both freed men and the former slaveholders. All matters of consequence will be brought to you for review."

"Good." Daenerys said.

"They did ask for some concessions." Hizdahr said.

"Concessions?" Daenerys inquired.

"Politics is the art of compromise, your grace." Hizdahr said.

"I'm not a politician." Daenerys reminded him. "I'm a queen."

"Forgive me." Hizdahr apologized. "You're right, of course. Still it's easier to rule happy subjects than angry ones."

"I don't expect the wise masters to be happy." Daenerys said. "Slavery made them rich and I ended slavery."

"They do not ask for the return of slavery." He said. "They ask for the reopening of the fighting pits."

This made Daenerys' blood boil. She remembered how Missandei told her about the arena that Davion was forced to fight in. The men that he killed and the joy it brought the masters.

"The fighting pits? Where slaves fought slaves to the death?" She asked

"In the new world that you've brought to us, free men would fight free men." Hizdahr pointed out. "The pit fighters you liberated plead for this opportunity. Bring some here and ask them yourself ."

Daenerys saw Dario play with his dagger and smirk at her. She quickly ignored him and turned attention back to Hizdahr.

"No fighting pits." Daenerys dismissed. She didn't want Davion to relive that horror again.

"Opening them would show the people of Yunkai and Mereen that you respect their traditions." Hizdahr argued.

"I do not respect the tradition of human cockfighting." Daenerys said.

"If you-" Hizdahr tried to protest but was cut off.

"How many times must I say no before you understand?" Daenerys asked.

Hizdahr bowed. "Yes, your grace."

Daenerys' room

Later that night Daenerys was ready to go to bed. Just as she was about to remove her dress she heard a knock on her door. Who could be bothering her at this late hour?

"Enter." She said and Davion entered her room.

"Forgive my intrusion, your grace." Davion said. "I wish to speak to you about something."

Daenerys was beyond excited. Davion wanted to speak to her in his own. "Yes, of course. Please sit."

"No, thank you," Davion said. I don't plan on being long."

"Wine?" She offered.

"Not tonight, if it please you." He said.

"Very well." Daenerys smiled. "What is on your mind?" She asked.

"Today after your meeting with Hizdahr, Grey Worm came to me and we were sparring." Davion said. "He spoke to me about Hizdahrs proposal to reopen the fighting pits."

"I told him no." Daenerys quickly said.

Davion chuckled. "I'm aware. Which is why I came to tell you that I believe it's a good idea to reopen the fighting pits."

"I don't understand." Daenerys was surprised that Davion was even suggesting this.

Davion sighed. "I don't like the idea of anyone fighting for the entertainment of others, your grace, but most of these men live for it." Davion said. "It's all they know, all they've grown up with. They live and die for the glory of their names being shouted out by an arena full of spectators. That is their honor."

"You speak as if you felt that way before." Daenerys said. "I'm surprised that you're praising the fighting pits."

"I hated killing people, but fighting in those pits made me stronger." Davion said. "Takmet trained me to fight in styles that I never knew existed. It also led me to you. A man's will to fight is something remarkable, it teaches us what we're truly fighting for."

Daenerys stared deep into Davions eyes. Everyday she fell for him, and everyday she wanted to make amends.

"Davion. The reason I didn't want the pits to be reopened again was because you." She said.

"Maybe that's why I can comfortably tell you the truth." Davion said. "We know each other." He sighed. "You've made thousands of enemies all across the world. As soon as they see weakness, they'll attack."

"I only have one weakness." Daenerys said still not breaking eye contact with Davion.

Davion smiled at Daenerys. He knew exactly what she was talking about. He also knew that she was trying hard to win him back, but Davion couldn't open up to her like before...not yet.

"Show your strength then." Davion said. "Even if you don't agree, try it out. Open the pits for a month and if you wish to close it again, then do it."

"This why I have the Unsullied patrolling the streets." The queen said.

"I know." Davion said. "I also know it's why you haven't unchained Rhaegal and Viserion yet."

"I won't have another child's bones dropped at my feet." Daenerys said. "No ones seen Drogon in months. For all I know he's flown halfway across the world."

"He hasn't." Davion assured. "He'll come back to his mother." Daenerys smiled at Davion.

"No one councils me like you do, Davion." She said. "I can't control them anymore."

"You're not meant to control them." Davion said. "As I've said before, you're more than your family name. Sleep well, your grace." Davion turned to leave, but Daenerys called him.

"Davion. Why do you want the fighting pits open again?" She asked.

Davion turned to face her and sighed. "As I've said, you have enemies all over the world and the Sons of the Harpy are in Mereen now. I thought perhaps if they see the pits open with your authority, they might show themselves...they might get become careless, and that's when we will strike and obliterate them all."

"You want them dead for Thorak?" Daenerys asked.

"No, I've already killed the men who held him captive," Davion said. "I want them dead so that they cannot harm you." This left Daenerys speechless. "If that is all your grace." Davion then left the Queens room.

Daenerys stood there still speechless. Davion was willing to die for her, but she didn't want that  she wanted him to love for her. She decided to go to see her dragons to maybe get them to listen to her so that Davion wouldn't feel that he needed to die to protect her, but Rhaegal and Viserion were still angry at their mother for locking them up. Daenerys needed to find a way to get them to listen.

Davion was on his way to his room and was surprised when he saw Dario standing at his door.

"What do you want?" Davion asked.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to fight even though you almost killed me." Dario said.

"If it all it takes are three punches in the face to kill you, consider me unimpressed." Davion said and pushed past Dario and entered his room.

Dario sighed and entered Davions room. "Well if your punched by 'the Raging Storm', then you may as well say your prayers."

"What do you want, Dario?" Davion asked. He was annoyed by Dario and most importantly he just wanted to sleep.

"I've come to apologize." Dario said. "I didn't know how much you love the queen."

"It's been a long day and I'm tired so please leave my rooms." Davion said.

"I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry." Dario said. "And I hope that you can learn to trust me."

"I'll never trust you, Dario." Davion said and turned to face him. "You fight for yourself, you love for yourself. Even if you are sorry, we both know that you wanted to lay with the queen, to lay with the queen. Men like you are only happy when they're fighting or fucking. Where Daenerys is concerned, you and I are on the same side, but as for as I can see, we don't even need to know each other's names. Now for the last time get out of my room."

Dario smirked. "'The Raging Storm' indeed." He arrogantly said and left Davions room.

Hey guys here's another chapter of The Fury Of The Storm

What did you think of Daenerys telling Davion that Dario is back?

What did you think of Davion agreeing to reopen the fighting pits?

What did you think of Davion and Daenerys' conversation?

What did you think of Davion and Darios conversation?

I'm open to any requests for this story

Please comment and vote

Thanks guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 963 22
When it comes to war, I fight for Dorne. When it comes to love... I chose you. ⚔️ Oberyn Martells little sister joins him on his journey to the cap...
70K 1.7K 26
*Under Major Rewrite* Jericho Baratheon, the one true child of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister. First born and previous heir to the Iron Throne...
62.6K 2.1K 32
A story where Robert and Cersei try for a next child after Joffery is born and have a babe named Axel. Axel isn't the same as his brothers he is wha...
52K 2.5K 60
Amelia Baratheon the eldest daughter of Cersei and Robert, Twin of Joffrey gets set up with Robb Stark on their trip to Winterfell. But things take a...