Masked Love -Mattheo Riddle

By Lyra_Nightshade

[MAJOR EDITING GOING ON] Two broken souls with glass hearts, who despise each other with a passion, meet once... More

Cast
Background info
1. Invitations
2. Nightshade Manor
3. The Masquerade Ball  pt. I
4. The Masquerade Ball pt. II
5. The Masquerade Ball pt. III
6. Nocturnal birds
7. 'To, my Nightingale'
8. Dream or a Nightmare?
9. Love, your Raven
10. Love, your Nightingale
11. Depressing train ride
12. Uninvited
13. The Slytherin Party pt. I
14. The Slytherin Party pt.2
15. The Slytherin Party pt.3
16. The Slytherin Party pt.4
17. The Slytherin Party pt.5
18. The Slytherin Party pt.6
19. Missing
20. A hickey?
21. The Room of Requirements
22. Havoc
23. Letters from no one
24. The Plan (timeskip)
25. Acceptance
26. Fate?
27. Please read!
New Chatacters
28. The Second Ball pt.1
29. The Second Ball pt.2
30. The Second Ball pt.3
31. Pansy Holmes and Astoria Watson
32. Girl to girl talk
33. Persuasion
34. Grief and Acceptance
35. Plotting
36. Distraught
37. Plan in action
39. Beginning of War
40. The Pensieve
41. Ending of war pt. 1
42. Ending of war pt. 2
43. Eventful
44. Preparations
45. The Final Ball
Epilogue
Author's note
Plots I didn't include

38. Revelations

876 19 25
By Lyra_Nightshade

🤐
—————
Mattheo's POV:

I was sitting on my bedroom floor, smoking.

I thought about my conversation with my father.

I had only killed once before in my life. After my father returned, I was obviously one of the first to receive the mark, but I had to 'earn' it, meaning I either kill or be killed. I had no choice. It affected me greatly and I hated every moment of it.

Now, I have been told to kill Lyra. We've always shared a mutual hatred for a long time but it never reached far enough for this. As much as I say I hate her, recently, she hasn't been that bad, she was one of us, before she ran away that is, apparently Draco, Enzo, Pansy and Astoria knew, they chose to stay for their own reasons, I considered what I would've done, I knew I couldn't leave, even if escaped, it was my father and he wouldn't even spare a glance before ending me. They have a better chance of not getting caught.

Could I kill her?

Words circled my head giving me a migraine. I tossed my cigarette and got up.

It was almost sunset, the war would probably start in a few hours, all the deatheaters have been preparing.

Before that, I do need some intel, she's always been quite secretive, and no doubt she was close with the others so she probably had something on them as well.

I got changed into my suit and took my deatheater mask and wand. I wouldn't kill her yet, if I have to, I'll delay it for as long as I can. I don't want this, but it's either this or not just me but the boys and Pansy and Astoria would also have to answer to torture and maybe even death.

I stepped outside the manor, the cold wind hitting my face before I put my mask on.

I apparated to the Nightshade Manor.

It was empty and quiet. But I knew who were here, Lycan Nightshade, Lucia Nughtshade, their caretaker Lucinda, and a couple deatheaters.

I simply walked in, it was dark and quiet. I roamed the many halls of the huge manor for some time. It was beautiful, and extravagant, expensive interior, precious metals and stones used for decoration, expensive artworks, vases, statues and more that screamed expensive, Im not surprised, almost all the deatheater are really wealthy. Just because it was well decorated and expensive, doesn't mean it looked anywhere near an illusion of a happy home.

There were paintings, showcasing the Nightshades. Of course there was Lysander Nightshade taking up most of the portraits, there were portraits of Lycan with his father. There were portraits of the youngest Nightshade, Lyra's sister. There were portraits of Lyra with her sister and some of Lyra alone. But what caught my eye the most was the portrait of a young woman, around her late twenties, she was beautiful, she had bright emerald green eyes, and sleek midnight black hair, and a sweet smile adorned her face. She was dressed beautifully and elegantly, she was beautiful, and looked exactly like Lyra.

There were portraits of Lyra with this woman whom I guessed was her mother. They were astonishingly similar in appearance, both heavenly beautiful and shared the same features. I sometimes wondered why Lyra looked so different from her father and siblings, who all have blonde hair and blue eyes. Now I know. I don't know her name, but I do know she was killed by her husband.

After I stared at the portrait of Lyra, no older than seven, sat with her mother, both dressed in the same delicate white dress, for sometime, I walked up some flights of stairs to find a room.

Lyra's room.

I remembered being here a long time ago when we were little. It looked clean and tidy, although there was some dust here and there, it looked lovely.

Her bed, dresser, vanity, table, shelves, all untouched. I walked in and carefully looked around, I didn't touch anything, until I saw a small cabinet door open at a corner.

Something about that seemed so alluring, as if there was something there that I had to see. My curiosity got the best of me, and I knelt on the floor and slowly and carefully, opened it wider.

Inside was a small chest, which seemed to be locked with a spell.

I wanted to put it back, but let's be real, who'd be stupid enough to do that?

I tried a few charms but it seemed too secure. After two more tries, I finally heard a snap.

I smirked, feeling proud. I gently opened the box. It contained envelopes, no letters?

I took one and read the cursive writing.

My jaw dropped.

I stood up immediately and took the chest and put it on the small coffee table next to me and went through all of them.

The dates, the writing, everything.

It was mine!

The letters I wrote to-

I dropped the letter I was holding as I stared at the floor with my mouth open.

I noticed something else in the chest, I took out the last two letters and looked at what was left.

Her masks. Both of them. No-

A piercing shriek made me jump in surprise as I heard the sound of spells being thrown.

I ran outside to and stood looking down at the bottom floor and saw deatheaters swarming a figure, it was Lyra?!

She was trying to fight back but was struggling and had Lucia behind her.

Spells were being thrown back and forth, missing her by inches.

Suddenly, a spell was thrown and it was headed straight for her face when suddenly, Lycan stepped in and pushed them both out of the way and shot them back, killing two of them, but there were still three left.

"L-lycan?" Lyra stuttered.

"GO!" He said

"B-but."

"I said GO!" With that she quickly picked up Lucia and ran towards the back, where I know is another door, probably because the front door was crowded with deatheaters.

I saw two of the deatheaters looking at me so I ran down the steps and followed Lyra.

With my mind still in a daze and thoughts ringing in my ears, I tried to fake attack her to not raise suspicions, I shot spells, intentionally missing her, as she ran through the empty halls, with Lucia in her arms, trying to protect her head with one hand while ducking, although I wasn't actually going to hit her, it was all an act.

She reached the back door and quickly scrambled to open it. I almost caught up to her, when she finally managed to open it and step outside, but tripped and something fell out of her pocket with a clink and she was finally outside the manor, where she gave me one last look, before apparating with her sister, as I stood there watching.

My head hurt with everything that just happened and what I just discovered.

I slowly walked up to the door, wanting to leave and lie down when my foot hit something.

I looked down and it was what she had dropped, my pendant.

————
Whoooo

Wow

If you think this book is almost over, you're very wrong, I plan on playing y'all for a bit and I have a roller coaster of events in store.

Ily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 666 25
A new student joins Hogwarts. Guess who it is? Mattheo Marvlo fucking Riddle. Tom Riddles brother. Y/n immediately envies Mattheo and he does the sam...
6.9K 289 16
"We'll have no obligations to each other." "Naturally." "Our hatred for each other remains as strong as it ever was." "Wouldn't have it any other...
37.4K 472 10
2/2 The war is over. Voldemort is dead. Margot and Mattheo can finally be together publicly. Mattheo doesn't know how to act after the war or after...
28K 231 20
Just like what you see on TikTok only it's here. Everything I write is original even though some of the writing may look plagiarized, it's not. repea...