The substitute has awakened

By Demens88c

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING https://www.shubaowb.com... More

Summary + Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Untitled Part 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85 085
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136 End of text
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140

Chapter 34

712 20 4
By Demens88c

Peking University is located in the old city. Even though it is a well-established and prestigious university, most of the food streets across the street are restaurants, focusing on affordable prices.

When Lu Lin was in college, she only knew of such a place and had never been there.

It was the last day of vacation, and the final exams had just ended. We were rubbing elbows in the food street. Yan Heqing pulled Lu Lin's arm and turned left and right in the food street. After walking for about ten minutes, he finally stopped at a small boiled meatball shop. shop.

The store is very small, only four or five square meters. In a place where land is at a premium, the rent for such a small space is already very high.

A sunshade and rain canopy was set up in front of the door curtain. It didn't take up any space and was just enough to cover the customers.

Although the shop is small, it is clean. The owner is a gray-haired old woman. The grid pot is so clean that it reflects light. In the boiling soup, various ingredients are strung on bamboo skewers and neatly classified into categories.

Fish balls, shrimp balls, crab meat, sticks, open intestines, beef balls, fish roe lucky buns, soft tofu, white radish, kelp knots...

It's just a little different from other stores, just one per bunch.

The old lady didn't ask them, she took out two paper cups the size of medium milk tea, skillfully scooped up the meatballs, one in a row, the paper cups were filled to the brim, thunder roared outside, and it started to rain, she scooped up another spoonful of hot meatballs. The soup was handed out.

Yan Heqing paid 20 yuan, took it and handed a glass to Lu Lin, "This store costs 10 yuan a piece, so I won't choose."

Crackling.

The heavy rain hit the roof of the shed, making a crisp sound.

Soon the heavy rain came, and the food street that was bustling just now was instantly empty. The crowd hurriedly found the nearest shop to take shelter from the rain.

Yan Heqing and Lu Lin were under the awning, just big enough for them to stand. If they took a step further, it would be a heavy rain, and the raindrops would fall continuously like broken lines.

The sky was dark, and the lights of the small shop opposite were turned on one after another. The old lady also turned on the lights. The light strips wrapped around the roof of the shed turned on. A faint orange light fell on the boy's curved eyebrows, and the corners of his mouth were also slightly curved.

"Give it to me if you don't like it."

Lu Lin took it and took out a piece of white radish. Just as he was about to bite it, Yan Heqing opened his schoolbag and took out a mobile phone with a pair of headphones plugged into it. He zipped up the schoolbag again and hung it on his right shoulder.

Yan Heqing handed over the right earphone with his side face, "Would you like to listen together? It will taste better when you listen to the music and eat."

It's a wired headset, black.

Lu Lin changed the paper cup to one hand, took the earphones, and put them into his ears.

At the same time, Yan He checked the music software, put his phone in his pocket, turned his face, looked at the rain curtain in front of him, and started eating quietly.

In the headphones, a brisk and lively prelude sounded, blocking out the sound of thunder and rain, and soon a male singer began to sing, a song in a foreign language.

[There once was a ship that put to sea

the name of that ship was the Billy of Tea]

...

Lu Lin didn't turn around, his black eyes fell on Yan Heqing's left ear.

The light enveloped the boy's auricles. They were very beautiful in shape, but there were a few thin slits, which were newly grown flesh after injury. The color was whiter than the original skin color, a sudden and rich white.

Still singing in the headphones.

[The winds blew up her bow dipped down

Oh Blow my bully boys blow Huh

Soon may the Wellerman come

To bring us sugar and tea and rum

...

When down on her a right whale bore

The captain called all hands and swore]

It is the story of a group of sailors going on a long voyage to the sea.

The temperature was low, and the paper cup in his hand gradually became cold. The splashed rain stained his trouser legs. Lu Lin still looked at Yan Heqing. After a moment, he said, "What is the name of the song?"

"Wellerman. It is said that the background of this song's creation is that in the 18th century, when a fishing boat was chasing a whale, it severely stabbed its tail with a harpoon, but still failed to catch it, and it remained entangled at sea. Dou, want to catch this whale." Yan Heqing chewed something, his left cheek slightly bulging, which made him look a little more youthful.

"A company sent ships to deliver supplies to the whalers, and the sailors called those ships Wellerman."

Yan Heqing suddenly tilted his head, his clear eyes reflecting the vigorous rain, and he asked seriously: "Mr. Lu, what do you think the ending will be? Did the whalers catch the whale, or did the whale kill them? "

Lu Lin's eyes were heavy and he asked, "What's your ending?"

Yan Heqing smiled, then withdrew his gaze and looked at the rain, his delicate eyelashes fluttering occasionally. He also had very beautiful lower eyelashes, which were as distinct as if they were drawn one by one with fine brushwork.

"I don't know, but I hope the whale wins."

Lu Lin also turned to look at Yu. He picked up the already cold white radish and took a bite. He didn't know whether it was because the radish was stewed thoroughly or whether it was actually more delicious when he listened to the song. The mouthful of fresh and sweet soup was more expensive than the one in the hotel that costs hundreds of yuan a portion. Radish is more delicious.

After slowly swallowing the carrot, Lu Lin said again, "Do you like whales?"

There is a whale in the ocean. The frequency of its sound is 52 Hz. However, the frequencies of its kind are between 15 and 25. They will never receive the signal it sends.

Yan Heqing's WeChat account is called 52 Hertz.

After Yan Heqing finished eating a bunch of beef balls, he lowered his head slightly and took out another bunch of white tofu, "Yeah." Then he took a bite.

"Want to go see it?"

Yan Heqing suddenly stopped. This time he looked at Lu Lin, "Aquarium? I don't want to." After a second pause, a faint light flowed in his eyes, "It's not because of the tickets, but I just don't want to see them locked up."

"It's the whale of the sea." Lu Lin also took out a bunch of beef balls, "When the weather is nice, we will go out to sea, and we can often encounter groups of whales and dolphins."

A small beef ball was gone in one bite. He tilted his head and met Yan Heqing's eyes, "Would you like to go fishing together next summer?"

Lu Lin returned to his residence in the city center.

This is one of his properties, with a large flat floor of more than 300 square meters, and a terrace swimming pool outside. It is close to Lu's headquarters. He usually returns here when he works overtime too late.

First he took a shower and changed clothes, then returned to the living room and made a Negroni, the same as the one Yan Heqing made at the bar, with a few drops of olive juice added.

In the most prosperous and noisy city center, it was so quiet on the ground floor at high altitude. Lu Lin took a sip, put down the glass, took the mobile phone on the coffee table, and dialed a series of numbers. The moment he dialed the number, his black eyes flashed slightly. Pressed off again.

Almost the next second, the phone rang.

The person on the other side asked respectfully: "Boss, do you have any orders?"

"No." Lu Lin said.

"Okay, I won't disturb your rest, good night."

Silence returned again, Lu Lin logged into WeChat, and the first message was the chat box between him and Yan Heqing.

Click on the mini program——

The shining white whale transformed into golden fish little by little in the sea, and the sea surface splashed with stars of light.

It was over soon. Lu Lin picked up the wine glass, raised his neck slightly, drank it all, then put down the glass, stood up and walked to the entrance, grabbed his coat, put it on and walked into the elevator.

Three hours later, at nearly eight o'clock, the temperature in the mountainside villa was lower than in the city. The snow that fell last night had not melted yet. Lu Lin entered the house. As soon as he took off his coat and changed his shoes, the nanny pushed Lu Mu out.

Lu Zhichan is over sixty and has been undergoing chemotherapy for many years. Her hair has fallen out. She wears a soft hat to keep warm. She is also very thin, a whole circle smaller than her peers. She is tortured by illness and has a sick look on her face. But the moment she saw Lu Lin, her eyes that were as dry as dead water were instantly rejuvenated. She smiled and asked, "A Lin, why are you here?"

Her illness requires absolute rest, and Lu Lin comes to stay with her one day a week.

not today.

Lu Lin's feet quickened, and then he squatted in front of Lu Zhichan, tucking the blanket carefully. A few years ago, Mother Lu's legs were no longer good, and she would get chills in her bones in the summer, so she had to cover herself with a blanket all year round.

Lu Zhichan's eyes were full of love. She raised her hand with difficulty. It was dry, as if the bones were covered with a layer of soaked white skin. She carefully stroked Lu Lin's head, "Is your father looking for trouble again?" She whispered. He coughed a few times and said, "Ignore him and just do what you want."

Lu Lin raised his head and raised his lips, "No, I stopped by to see you. I'll leave right away."

Lu Zhichan didn't point it out either.

Lu Lin stood up, nodded to the nanny, and the nanny handed the wheelchair to Lu Lin and went back to her room. Lu Lin slowly pushed Lu Zhichan to the living room, "Have you eaten the ginseng from last time? I'll ask someone to bring it again."

"What's more, if you can't eat it, keep it for yourself." When the child came, Lu Zhichan talked a little more, "You did a good job at the Rainbow Welfare Home. That child, she has no relatives, and a woman outside is very It's not easy. If you can, help her. Your father and brother are so sorry for her."

The child in her mouth is Xu Qiaoyin.

Lu Lin nodded, "I can."

"What about you?" Lu Zhichan suddenly turned around with a warm smile, "Have you met a suitable child? If you do, be sure to bring him here to meet him. I'm not afraid of noise."

When they arrived in the living room, Lu Lin stopped the wheelchair and pressed Lu Zhichan's shoulders. His dark eyes were deep and he said, "Well, I will bring it when I have it."

The mother and son chatted for a few more words. Seeing that Lu Zhichan was not in good spirits anymore, Lu Lin pushed her back to the room to rest. He carried her to bed and covered her with a quilt. He squatted down and said, "Let me tell you a story."

Lu Zhichan closed her eyes in satisfaction, "Okay."

"A group of sailors were hunting a whale at sea. They injured the whale but still failed to capture it."

Lu Zhichan waited for a while, but before the follow-up, she opened her eyes and asked, "What next?"

Lu Lin's eyes were heavy, "There is no ending. What kind of ending do you want?"

Lu Zhichan did not hesitate, "Of course I hope the whale can escape back to the sea."

Lu Lin smiled and said no more. He checked Lu Zhichan's quilt one last time, said "good dreams", got up and left, turned off the light and closed the door.

He called the nanny and the live-in doctor to give instructions for a while before Lu Lin drove away.

——

In the dark room, only the bedside table lamp was on, and the cold wind slapped the window, as if it was going to rain heavily again.

The rainbow light band was reflected on the ceiling. Yan Heqing slowly turned the light cube. After a while, he put it back on the bedside, turned off the light and took a rest.

The next day it was foggy outside. Yan Heqing walked out of the unit building and found that the ground was covered with thick snow.

Not only did it rain last night, it also snowed.

Yan Heqing pulled up his warm black woolen scarf and walked on the clean snow to the subway station.

Aunt Zhang was surprised to see Yan Heqing coming again, "Don't you come once a week?"

Yan Heqing squatted down and packed up the diapers he had changed out of, "I've finished the exam. I've been here since the beginning of the year."

Although this is not good, Aunt Zhang is actually very lucky. Yan Heqing is quiet and good at doing things. He has helped her a lot and lightened her burden. It is great to come here often! She smiled and said, "Your parents are so lucky to have a child like you."

Xu Qiaoyin arrived at the door at this time. When she heard Aunt Zhang's words, she was stunned, looked at Yan Heqing again, hesitated again, and turned around to leave. Aunt Zhang had sharp eyes and quickly called out to her, "Teacher Xu, have you caught the gangster who harassed you?"

Xu Qiaoyin glanced at Yan Heqing and shook her head slightly.

Yan Heqing rolled up the diaper and put it in a garbage bag, raised his eyes and asked, "What gangster?"

Before Xu Qiaoyin opened her mouth, Aunt Zhang scolded her with indignation, "I don't know some stinky gangster who posts disgusting words on Teacher Xu's door every day. Recently, when Teacher Xu comes home from get off work, there are always people following her."

Yan Heqing looked at Xu Qiaoyin. Xu Qiaoyin was looking at Yan Heqing. As soon as he looked over, Xu Qiaoyin immediately looked away nervously.

Yan Heqing stood up with the garbage bag in hand and said, "If you don't mind, I'll take you home during this time."

He was talking to Xu Qiaoyin. Xu Qiaoyin's body trembled slightly and he hesitated to refuse, so Aunt Zhang spoke, "Yes, if there is a man following, that bastard will be afraid. There are some stinky trash who only look for single women to harass. Although we Xiao Yan is young and just looks like your son."

Aunt Zhang didn't know Xu Qiaoyin's past and thought she was unmarried and infertile. Xu Qiaoyin felt sad when she heard about her son. She was just in a trance when she saw Yan Heqing and thought of Lu Muchi, who was a few years older than Yan Heqing.

Xu Qiaoyin said softly: "No need."

Aunt Zhang wiped her hands and said disapprovingly: "I know you are introverted and don't like to interact with others, but our little Yanke is different. He is a very good child."

Xu Qiaoyin nodded, "I know." She just didn't want to trouble Yan Heqing anymore. Yan Heqing had helped her twice, once with an umbrella and once with Lu Lin coming to the welfare home.

In fact, Xu Qiaoyin and Lu Lin have only met a few times. When she married Lu Han, Lu Lin was only 5 years old. Later, she divorced Lu Han and left the Lu family. Lu Lin was only 10 years old. They only visited during the New Year and holidays. The old man will take Lu Lin back for the festival.

The reason why she recognized Lu Lin now was that she often read news about Lu.

"Are you worried about troubling me?" At some point, Yan Heqing walked up to her.

Xu Qiaoyin pinched her fingers uneasily and nodded gently.

"No." Yan Heqing smiled, "Just a few days to scare that bastard away, it's not really a trouble."

Xu Qiaoyin was actually very scared. Several times at home, she felt footsteps outside, which scared her so much that she didn't dare to speak. Fortunately, there was no accident in the end, but if she continued, her nerves would soon weaken. She finally looked at Yan Heqing to confirm , "Isn't it really troublesome?"

Yan Heqing smiled, "No."

Xu Qiaoyin nodded.

In the afternoon, dinner was served at the orphanage. After Lu Lin came, the food in the cafeteria improved qualitatively, and Mr. Lu increased his sponsorship.

It was snowing slightly and a little wet. Yan Heqing opened his umbrella and walked to the right of Xu Qiaoyin. Xu Qiaoyin was a head shorter than Yan Heqing. She had been alone for more than ten years. Now in this scene, it is as if Yan Heqing is really her child.

Xu Qiaoyin finally smiled, and she took the initiative to ask warmly: "How old are you this year?"

"18."

She is 5 years younger than her Xiao Chi, and her eyes are particularly soft, "It must be very hard to work as a volunteer in the orphanage."

Yan Heqing also smiled and said, "I only come here occasionally, and you have to work harder."

Xu Qiaoyin shook her head. She looked ahead. Thin snow fell from the umbrella occasionally. It was not that she was helping the children in the orphanage, but those children who had cured her. After leaving the Lu family and being separated from her own flesh and blood, she was almost alive. It would be better to die. It was after seeing the recruitment of the orphanage that she was able to continue her maternal love in another way.

Both of them were very quiet and entered the subway. Xu Qiaoyin took Yan Heqing to Line 1. The place where she lived was very far from the orphanage, spanning more than 20 stops from east to west. She left the orphanage at 6:30 and arrived at the place where Xu Qiaoyin lived at almost 9 o'clock.

Unexpectedly prosperous.

The most developed area of the new district.

Yan Heqing knew that Lu Muchi's company was nearby.

Xu Qiaoyin pointed to the road and passed by a store. Yan Heqing handed the umbrella to Xu Qiaoyin and asked her to wait for a moment. He ran out of the umbrella and entered a store.

When he came out again, Yan Heqing was holding something in his hand. Snowflakes were falling heavily. Xu Qiaoyin stepped forward quickly to cover him, and Yan Heqing also trotted over.

After entering the umbrella, Yan Heqing's hair and scarf were still stained with a lot of snowflakes. Xu Qiaoyin was still hesitating whether to brush them off, so Yan Heqing raised the thing he was carrying and shook it, his beautiful eyebrows slightly curved, "I bought one."

Monitor and install it for you later. If you find a stranger, call the police immediately. "

Xu Qiaoyin's nose was a little sore and she nodded.

Her residence was an apartment opposite the commercial building. It was very small, with one bedroom and one living room. Yan Heqing installed a surveillance camera at the door. There had never been any guests. Xu Qiaoyin hurriedly tore open the milk, heated it in the microwave, and ran to hand it to Yan Heqing. "Drink some hot milk first."

Yan Heqing was not polite. He took the milk, took a sip, and said with a smile, "Thank you."

Xu Qiaoyin was extremely embarrassed, "I should thank you. I will transfer the surveillance money to you, and you must accept it." She took out her mobile phone.

Yan Heqing did not refuse. He took out his mobile phone and said, "120 yuan. Add WeChat. The next time you find someone following you or causing trouble for you, please contact me."

Xu Qiaoyin smiled. She added Yan Heqing's WeChat account, transferred the money, and said with some emotion: "I have a son who is as tall and handsome as you."

Yan Heqing drank up the remaining milk and rolled his eyes, "My mother is just like you, gentle and beautiful."

Xu Qiaoyin had not been truly happy for a long time. After installing the surveillance system, she cut a very sweet cantaloupe and made sure Yan Heqing ate a piece before letting him leave.

...

Coming out of the apartment, Yan Heqing raised his eyes slightly and looked at the brightly lit commercial building opposite. Lu Muchi's company was on the top floor.

Looking away, Yan Heqing lowered the umbrella and turned to go home.

Lu Muchi did not go to the company. He was drinking at the bar with a few friends.

She called several young masters and princesses, knowing that he liked men, and the most beautiful young master among them went straight to him. Lu Muchi would not refuse anyone who came. He put his arms around the young master's soft waist, put his feet on the table, and held Hu Ming between his fingers. The dark smoke makes you feel bad at first glance.

While his friend was flirting with the princess, he looked towards him, "Is Mr. Lu thinking about the young master of the Lin family?"

When Lin Fengzhi was mentioned, Lu Muchi's eyes turned cold. After the wedding night, they had not contacted each other, and Lu Muchi did not want to contact him.

At this time, the young master wrapped around him and reached down Lu Muchi's body with one hand. Lu Muchi suddenly retracted his hand, lifted the young master off, stood up and strode out.

Everyone in the private room was confused, and the young master who bumped into the back of the sofa was even more aggrieved.

Lu Muchi was fine, but he suddenly felt that this kind of life was boring. He was either drinking or going to bed. The strong smell of perfume on the young master also made him tired.

After leaving the bar, before reaching the parking lot, the flying snowflakes fell on his face, and a little melted on the tip of his nose. It had a light smell, very pure, and even had a little fragrance of plum blossoms.

Lu Muchi turned around and saw an extremely lush plum blossom tree next to him. The street lights shrouded the flower trees, and the petals cast a faint halo, exuding a faint plum fragrance.

For some reason, he thought of Yan Heqing.

Suddenly there was a destination.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 95.6K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
2.1K 58 13
There is always this overwhelming emotion of contentment, whether it is raining or when you are safe in your family's arms. But one person, a forbidd...
436K 24.1K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
708K 27.3K 30
Sophia Dalton, an innocent girl who is trapped but doesn't know it. Living in a perfect world her parents created for her, she is as happy as can be...