The substitute has awakened

By Demens88c

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING https://www.shubaowb.com... More

Summary + Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Untitled Part 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85 085
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136 End of text
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140

Chapter 30

830 19 0
By Demens88c

The canteen of the orphanage is right next to the playground. Several large trucks came in, and some children ran out to watch the excitement.

Yan Heqing was peeling apples for the children. He didn't raise his eyes slightly until the faint sound of voices came from the cafeteria door.

It was dark outside, the incandescent lights in the cafeteria were bright, and the two doors of the cafeteria were like the boundary between morning and dusk.

The moment he saw Lu Lin push the door open and his figure change from blurry to clear, Yan Heqing knew that his plan was beginning to succeed.

He lowered his head, and a small smooth apple appeared on his fingertips. He handed it to the little girl who was waiting eagerly. He looked straight at her, his eyebrows curved into a crescent shape, "Eat it."

The little girl took the apple and politely said "Thank you, brother" before happily nibbling on the apple.

Yan Heqing gathered the apple peel and was about to stand up when a pair of shiny black leather shoes approached and broke into his field of vision.

He looked up, and the tall figure blocked the light above his head. The man's face was a little blurry, and his expression could not be seen clearly.

The sound of hurried footsteps interrupted Yan Heqing's gaze. The dean stepped forward quickly. When he saw Yan Heqing, he didn't see the person clearly. He was wearing a staff coat anyway. The dean said directly: "Quickly prepare a breakfast for Mr. Lu."

Yan Heqing stood up, nodded politely to Lu Lin as a greeting, and then turned back to the window.

Lu Lin's dark eyes were slightly focused. There was a band-aid under Yan Heqing's right eye. Was he injured?

The dean looked around the canteen and found a suitable location. He invited Lu Lin to go over and said, "Mr. Lu, go sit over there."

Lu Lin withdrew his gaze and followed the dean to the dining table.

Yan Heqing returned to the window and saw Xu Qiaoyin squatting under the table with a panicked expression. She recognized Lu Lin.

When their eyes met, Xu Qiaoyin saw Yan Heqing with an embarrassed look on her face and lowered her head with a guilty conscience. Yan Heqing pretended not to see her and went straight to the dining table to get breakfast.

Just like what was given to the children, the dinner plate contained fried dough sticks, meat buns, and an apple, but the measurements were for adults. Two more bowls of porridge were placed on the plate where the bowls were placed. Two pairs of chopsticks were placed on both hands. Each carried a dinner plate and delivered it to the table in front.

It's below zero today, and there is no air conditioning or heating in the canteen. The porridge that was still hot a moment ago became much colder in the blink of an eye.

The dean's eyes widened. He scolded Yan Heqing in a low voice, "Why are you bringing something like this up? Please ask the kitchen to cook another bowl of noodles with more meat."

Lu Lin said, "Just be like everyone else, no need to be special."

The dean nodded with a smile, "Yes, but it's your first time coming to the cafeteria to eat. Logically speaking, you should be treated to a good meal. Look at this..."

The dean was also a little helpless, "The weather is cold, and hot food becomes cold food. What if you have a bad stomach?"

Lu Lin looked at Yan Heqing from the corner of his eye. The band-aid didn't look like a new one, it was an old wound. He immediately looked at the dean and said, "The air conditioners will arrive soon. According to the data you provided, there are four in the cafeteria."

The dean's eyes instantly brightened. What he was most worried about was the winter. With limited funds, they could not afford to pay for the heating of such a large area. They could only give priority to the children's dormitories, and the classroom cafeteria was not open.

Therefore, every winter, the child suffers especially hard. He was a bit desperate just now and wanted to ask Lu for more air conditioners. Unexpectedly, Lu Lin prepared them in advance!

The dean was deeply moved. If Lu Lin hadn't been so steady and majestic, he would have wanted to hold his hand and thank him for the whole day and night.

"Okay, okay." He picked up the porridge, "Eat it quickly, don't let it get cold."

Suddenly Lu Lin asked: "Have you eaten?"

The dean immediately replied, "Not yet, this isn't-" Realizing that he wasn't talking to him, the dean turned his face. Lu Lin was indeed not asking him, but looking at the canteen volunteer just now.

Yan Heqing nodded, "Eat at home."

The dean was very surprised, "Do you know each other?"

Yan Heqing explained, "Mr. Lu helped me."

Lu Lin was not satisfied with this explanation, but he didn't say anything.

The dean nodded understandingly, Mr. Lu was very involved in charity.

In addition to donating money and materials during natural disasters, I heard that high scholarships have been set up in colleges and universities. Two days ago, the secretary mentioned that a top student volunteer came to the orphanage. The young man in front of me is elegant and elegant. It should be him. He probably won the Lu Scholarship.

Acquaintances are easy to talk to. The dean remembered the donated infirmary, library, and new dormitory. He glanced at the work badge hung by Yan Heqing, whose surname was Yan. He immediately followed the trend, "Mr. Lu, let Xiao Yan take the lead later." Take a walk around the orphanage."

Lu Lin picked up the chopsticks and picked out a fried dough stick, "Okay."

The dean finished breakfast in advance, and on the pretext of going to the bathroom, he ran to Yan Heqing and found a secluded place to explain to him, "Xiao Yan, when you show Mr. Lu around later, mention more about the building donated by Lu, especially It's the infirmary and library. The orphanage is really in need of them, so it's best to start construction after the new year."

It's not that he is petty, he has encountered this kind of thing several times. Several companies have come to sponsor the building, but it is either a piece of paper or a foundation that is unfinished. Now that he sees the building, he is completely relieved, even if it is the Lu family.

Yan Heqing originally thought that Lu Lin was just giving some gifts, but unexpectedly he also donated the building. He nodded.

Back in the cafeteria, Lu Lin had already finished breakfast. The dean was going to check the truck supplies. He said a few polite words and left quickly, leaving only Yan Heqing, Lu Lin, and a bunch of curious children.

Yan Heqing said to Lu Lin, "Mr. Lu, do you want to leave now?"

Lu Lin looked at him and asked first, "Is your face hurt?"

He was the first person to ask. Yan Heqing's eyes narrowed and he said, "It's a small injury. I scratched it accidentally. It's almost healed."

Lu Lin's eyes were heavy, "Be careful, it's very close to your eyes."

Yan Heqing was stunned for a moment. After two seconds, he smiled and nodded, "Thank you for reminding me. My eyes are very important to me. I will be careful next time."

Lu Lin raised his feet and went first, "Let's go."

Yan Heqing followed, and the children also swarmed to catch up.

"This is a mixed building." Yan Heqing took Lu Lin to the dormitory first. "The offices are on the 1st and 2nd floors. Room 345 is the children's dormitory."

The last time Lu Lin came here, he went upstairs to take a look. He suddenly asked: "Did you live here before?"

Yan Heqing shook his head and pointed to an abandoned building not far away. The doors and windows had been torn down, "That building is on the third floor."

"How old are you?" Lu Lin asked.

"5 years old."

Lu Lin was silent for a moment before speaking again, "Let's go upstairs."

Yan Heqing nodded and took Lu Lin to the third floor. The children were still playing. The classroom was noisy. When they saw them, several people rushed up to ask for gifts. One of the little boys had dirty hands and didn't understand. Grabbing Lu Lin's coat, "Uncle, where is the gift you brought?"

Yan Heqing looked at Lu Lin first. Lu Lin was not angry, nor did he push them away. He just took out a handkerchief from his pocket, squatted down, picked up the little boy's hand, and wiped his hands, "Wipe your hands clean before you can take the gift, otherwise your The gift is dirty, do you understand?"

The little boy couldn't understand anything else, but he could understand that his gift was dirty. He took the initiative to wipe his hands for fear of soiling his gift.

After wiping the little boy's hands, Lu Lin stood up. Yan Heqing noticed that Lu Lin folded the handkerchief and held it in his hand instead of throwing it away immediately. He took out his mobile phone with his other hand, dialed a number and said a few words. His staff went to the 3rd floor with gifts.

After a while, footsteps were heard outside the classroom.

Immediately, a bunch of employees wearing uniform blue T-shirts and Lu's logo embroidered on the chest filed in holding large and small boxes.

The leader was a young man wearing a pair of rimless glasses. He probably didn't do heavy work often. He was panting and sweating profusely while holding a small box. He trotted forward.

Glancing at Yan Heqing, he moved his eyebrows slightly. Isn't this the coffee shop employee his boss invited to the office for dinner?

Seeing Yan Heqing's work badge again, the assistant understood that the reason why his boss changed his plan and came to the orphanage early was because the drunkard was not interested in drinking.

The assistant looked at Lu Lin respectfully, "Mr. Lu, the gifts prepared for the children are being moved up. Do you want to hand them out now?"

Lu Lin nodded slightly.

Seeing that they were about to work, Yan Heqing was about to leave to clean up.

The assistant had quick eyesight and quick hands. He stepped forward and handed the box to Yan Heqing, "Young man, please help us distribute it. There are not enough people here today, and there are these children." He smiled politely, "We can't quite handle it."

Yan Heqing took it, "Okay." He squatted down, skillfully tore off the Lu's tape on the carton, and opened the lid. Inside was a colorful pencil box. He raised his head and asked his assistant, "Should the points be collected and distributed together, or should they be collected individually?"

The gifts brought by Mrs. Lu were soon piled up on the wall, with many types and quantities.

The assistant didn't expect Yan Heqing to react so quickly. He glanced at Lu Lin and said, "You work here and are more familiar with me. Which one do you think is suitable?"

Yan Heqing thought for a while and said, "If you receive it alone, they can receive it a few more times." With just a few more expectations and happiness, the children in the welfare home are not so much short of supplies, but more of a lack of companionship. They are in this small world. , there are too few people to come into contact with, and every time they come to volunteer or come to a charity group, it is the happiest time for them.

The assistant looked at Lu Lin again, and seeing that Lu Lin had no objection, he immediately nodded, "I will do as you say."

Yan Heqing stopped making any sound and quickly started working.

Others used scissors or knives to remove the tape, but Yan Heqing tore it off directly by hand, and distributed pencil boxes in an orderly manner. Lu Lin was not far away, looking at him quietly, with flowing dark light in his deep black eyes.

On the fourth and fifth floors, there were also people going up to hand out gifts. It was almost noon when all the gifts were finished.

The workers came to install the TV at this time.

Each classroom has a new television.

With a beaming face, Aunt Zhang invited Lu's employees to have lunch in the cafeteria. After getting along with each other in the morning, the children got familiar with Lu's employees and asked them to eat together. The assistant immediately asked Lu Lin, and when she got the approval, he politely Smiling, "It's disrespectful."

Yan Heqing also went to the cafeteria, but instead of eating, he ordered more than a dozen meals and brought them to the fifth floor.

The children on the 5th floor need food delivered.

In the girls' dormitory, other girls ate quietly after receiving their meals. Only one little girl called Yan Heqing in a low voice, "Brother."

This little girl was the friend of the mute girl last time. Her legs were paralyzed and she stayed in bed all the time. Yan Heqing went over and bent down and asked patiently: "What's the matter?"

The little girl was a little timid, but she remembered that it was her brother who helped her pack her diapers in the morning. She took out the gift she received from under the pillow, which was a square, transparent cube like crystal. She was curious about knowledge. He asked enthusiastically: "Brother, what is this?"

Yan Heqing looked at it. It looked like an ornament and a bit like a transparent Rubik's cube, but it seemed that it couldn't be twisted. He was about to take over the study when there were footsteps approaching behind him.

Then a figure poured down, a faint breath, a bit like the breath of pine needles after snow, and the slender fingers took the Cube of Light from the girl's hand, "This is the Cube of Light."

Yan Heqing didn't move. If he turned around now, he would bump into Lu Lin.

The little girl continued to ask: "What is the use of the Cube of Light?"

There was a faint smell of shampoo on the tips of the boy's hair, like the fragrance of plum blossoms. Lu Lin did not move. He explained to the little girl, "It can capture the sun."

When she heard the sunshine, the little girl's big eyes suddenly brightened. She hadn't seen the sunshine for a long time. She looked forward to asking: "How to catch it, uncle, can you teach me?"

Lu Lin said: "Not today, there is no sun."

The little girl was visibly disappointed and completely discouraged. At this time Lu Lin said again: "But you can see the rainbow."

Several other girls also stopped to eat and looked over at the same time. They also wanted to see the rainbow.

Lu Lin patted Yan Heqing's shoulder with his free hand and said, "Go and close the curtains."

Yan Heqing now also knows the principle of this light cube.

The prism principle refracts light.

But it was also the first time for him to see her, so he was a little surprised. He nodded, stood up slightly and walked to the window to close the curtains.

The room suddenly became dark. As soon as Yan Heqing turned around, a ray of light illuminated the floor in front of him. It was Lu Lin who turned on the flashlight on his mobile phone.

Yan Heqing used the light to go back, and Lu Lin handed him the phone, "Light up."

Yan Heqing took it, and Lu Lin said to the little girl: "Spread your hands."

The little girl opened her palms nervously and expectantly. Lu Lin adjusted the angle of the cube and stretched it into the light. The next second, several colorful lights fell on the little girl's palms. Several surprise laughters suddenly erupted in the dormitory, "Rainbow" !"

Yan Heqing's pupils also lit up briefly for a second.

Lu Lin didn't miss this second out of the corner of his eye. He handed the cube back to the little girl's palm, then took back the phone and left.

After the assistant finished his meal, he received a call from Lu Lin. He said "hmm, okay" several times, grabbed the car keys and ran out of the cafeteria.

...

Lu Lin left, but Lu's sponsorship did not end. Yan Heqing and Lu's employees were busy until six o'clock when they got off work. After eating in the cafeteria, he rubbed his shoulders, picked up his bag and was about to leave. Suddenly someone called him, "Little Yan."

After Lu Lin left, Xu Qiaoyin dared to come out. She approached with a black umbrella, handed it to Yan Heqing, and said cautiously: "Thank you for borrowing my umbrella last time."

Yan Heqing smiled and took back the umbrella, "You're welcome. If it's okay, I'll leave first."

He didn't mention anything about the morning at all. As he approached the door, Xu Qiaoyin called out to him again, "And... and morning, thank you. I have some reasons..."

Yan Heqing turned back, with a slight curve at the corner of his lips, "Everyone has privacy, you don't need to explain it to me, I won't talk nonsense."

Xu Qiaoyin was stunned. When she came to her senses, Yan Heqing had already walked away.

After leaving the orphanage, Yan Heqing had just taken a few steps when someone chased him from behind, "Yan Heqing!"

Yan Heqing turned around and saw Lu Lin's assistant. Yan Heqing stopped.

The assistant ran forward. He was carrying a charity canvas bag, took out a royal blue velvet box, and handed it to Yan Heqing, "Mr. Lu asked me to hand it over to you."

Yan Heqing was a little confused, but still took it, "Thank you."

The assistant smiled politely and said, "This is my job, you're welcome. Goodbye then. Please be safe on the road."

Yan Heqing nodded.

After the assistant left, Yan Heqing opened the lid of the box and found a cube of light lying quietly inside. It was the same as the one given to the children, only slightly larger.

After returning home, Yan He took a shower and started consolidating tomorrow's test points. He didn't put down the book until 11 o'clock. He had just turned off the light and was about to go back to bed when he unexpectedly caught a glimpse of the cube on the coffee table.

After standing quietly for a few seconds, Yan Heqing took the cube and walked to the bed.

Turning on the desk lamp, he squatted down and lifted the cube into the lampshade.

Colorful rays of light radiated instantly, each ray of light was clear and bright, more beautiful than what I had seen in the orphanage during the day.

Yan Heqing slowly turned the cube, and the colorful stream of light rotated in the air like sunlight.

After a while, Yan Heqing raised his right hand, gently and tightly, holding all the light into his palm.

At the same time, Lu Lin returned to the Lu family's old house. There was light in the living room. Lu Lin opened the door and was changing shoes when an eager footsteps approached, "Uncle Lu!"

Lu Lin changed his shoes and looked over. There was a strange young man standing at the entrance. He asked lightly: "Who are you?"

Lin Fengzhi was completely stiff. After two days of tossing and turning about what happened the night before, he decided to come to Lu Lin to explain that he had absolutely nothing to do with Lu Muchi! But Lu Lin doesn't remember him...

Does this mean that Lu Lin didn't look at him the night before?

Lu Lin doesn't remember him at all!

Lin Feng bit his lower lip tightly, exerting all his strength, and soon there was a taste of blood in his mouth.

At this time, another person came out of the living room. He was tall and his facial features were somewhat similar to Lu Lin's, but he was much older.

Lu Han and Lu Lin have always been estranged, and he doesn't like this younger brother whom he hasn't gotten along with for a few years, but now Lu Lin is the current leader of the Lu family.

Lu Han forced a smile, "Alin, you don't remember, this is Lin Youxiang's youngest son, Lin Fengzhi. "

Lu Han went back to his ancestral home today to pick up things. He met Lin Fengzhi at the door and brought him in. It was only then that he remembered and asked, "By the way, Fengzhi, are you here to see Mu Chi? He won't come back here at night."

Lin Fengzhi lowered his head. He was so uncomfortable that there was only one thought in his mind. There was no way Lu Lin could like him. He didn't even remember who he was...

He was afraid that he would collapse if he stayed any longer, so he lowered his head and said with difficulty, "I'm leaving."

He ran away in disgrace.

It was snowing outside, and the cold wind hit his face with the snow. Lin Fengzhi ran for a long time with his head down, and finally stopped, hugged his knees, and burst into tears.

With trembling hands, he took out his cell phone and wanted to call his mother. He was about to press the button, but he canceled it because he was afraid that Lin's mother would be worried.

He swallowed the blood in his mouth, and for a moment he couldn't think of anyone else to talk to.

Dad will definitely tell Mom that it is not convenient for the eldest brother to talk about these things, and even less so for the second brother. He is not allowed to fall in love. He must study hard in college, and his other friends... are not allowed to reveal his most private things.

Two days ago, he must have been looking for Lu Muchi, but after what happened, he never wanted to see Lu Muchi again.

Lin Fengzhi felt even more uncomfortable and cried silently for a long time. Suddenly, he thought of someone.

If it were him, he would definitely comfort him unconditionally.

...

Buzz buzz.

Yan Heqing had just fallen asleep when he was woken up by his mobile phone. He opened his eyes and took the mobile phone. When he saw the incoming call, he thought for a moment and answered the call near the end, "What..."

Just as he opened his mouth, the person on the other side cried and called him, "Brother." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 2.5K 21
You recently moved to a cabin in the woods for some peaceful time alone. But that is ruined when somehow a wide variety of different animals invade y...
46.2K 2.7K 10
"๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด?" "๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ?" "๐˜ ๐˜–๐˜œ๐˜™ ๐˜๐˜–๐˜™๐˜•๐˜š! ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ!" โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ...
7.7K 148 24
Author name: Canned Moon/็ฝ่ฃ…ๆœˆไบฎ Type of work: Danmei novel List of chapter: 24 chapter (Finished) Work status: Completed The docile and cowardly Littl...
3.1M 256K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...