Fear of Love

By OutOfMyLimit17

{BOOK 3 OF THE 'FALLING SERIES} Lydia Ellis has been burned enough times her in life that she no longer belie... More

A/N
Chapter 1....
Chapter 2....
Chapter 3...
Chapter 4....
Chapter 5...
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7....
Chapter 8....
Chapter 9....
Chapter 10....
Chapter 11....
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13....
Chapter 14....
Chapter 15...
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17...
Chapter 18....
Chapter 19....
Chapter 20....
Chapter 21....
Chapter 22....
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25....
Chapter 26....
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28....
Chapter 29....
Chapter 30....
Chapter 31...
Chapter 32....
Chapter 33....
Chapter 34....
Chapter 35....
Chapter 36....
A/N

Chapter 23....

5.4K 291 40
By OutOfMyLimit17

"If pose just the right way it makes your butt look bigger." Josie slurred at the police officer through the metal bars.

"Show a bit of the tata's too." Tasha added in, shaking her chest as she did.

"Show the curves." Sydni lifted her hands and made the movement of curves with her hands.

"And smile." I flashed a smile, closing my eyes tightly as I showed my teeth. I hiccuped loudly and giggled, unable to help myself.

"I'll have to try that." The female officer mused from the other side of the jail cell.

"If I managed to snag a hottie hockey player you can too." Josie said with a wide smile.

"My man is so smexy." Tasha sighed. "The tattoos."

Leaning back against the wall I let out my own sigh thinking about Landon. I really wish he was here right now. That I could run my hands all over that broad chest of his and feel those big hands on my thighs.

"Did you know I'm getting married!" Josie yelling stopped me from fantasizing about Landon. "In one week!"

"That's why we went to Magic Mike." Sydni said. "You should have seen the men."

"Oh the mennn." I nodded. "They have abs on abs on abs." I gestured in front of me as the image of the shirtless men came to mind.

"I got a lap dance." Josie added. "He let me touch his abs."

"We're gonna get in troubleeeee." Tasha laughed.

"Would you ladies like some water?" The officer asked.

"I would love some. You are such a sweetheart." Josie all but cooed. "I like her." All of us chorused her words as the officer smiled and went to get us some waters.

"Wish we had more tequila." Tasha whined. "Think the Officer Newby has some at her desk?"

"We could ask." Rationally I knew it wasn't a good idea to ask a police officer if she had alcohol but seeing as the rational part of me was drunk I didn't care.

"How mad will the boys be?" Sydni asked a moment later from her spot on the other side of the bench.

"For which? Going to a strip show? Going to a club? Or getting arrested?"

"Maybe all three." A new voice spoke. All four of our heads slowly moved to look through the bars of our cell. Standing there was Wyatt, Trevor, Bryton and Landon. All four of them standing there with their arms crossed, faces serious.

"Baby!" Josie jumped up squealing, almost tipping to the side.

"You came." Sydni beamed at her boyfriend.

"We were just talking about our hotties." Tasha stood up and stumbled towards the bars.

None of them looked amused at us sitting in a jail cell at one in the morning. My eyes moved to Landon and found him already looking at me. Damn he looked good. He was just wearing a normal pair of jeans and a pullover but god he looked good.

I bit my bottom lip as I thought about what was under that pullover. I wanted to pull him into this cell with me and do unspeakable things to him, regardless of who was here.

"Care to explain why we got a call at one in the morning that our girlfriends have been arrested?" Trevor asked, eyes glued to Tasha.

"Well we went to a strip club." Josie was the first to speak. "And we wore these amazing sashes that Tash got us." Josie grabbed her sash she was still wearing.

"It was so much fun." Tasha echoed.

"You should have seen the men." I spoke up. "The abs and muscles." I made the 'ok' sign with my hands. I knew our loose lips were going to get us in trouble but that wasn't going to stop any of us.

"Jo got a lap dance and then this really hunky one with long hair gave one to Lyd. He kept flirting with her." Sydni rambled.

"And thennnn," Tasha took over. "We decided to go to the club down the street after where we got some free shots. They were really good shots." The drunk smile she had proving just how much she's had to drink.

"Then we danced and got on tables and danced while people cheered." None of the guys said anything as we kept talking.

"But some asshole had to go and ruin the night by trying to hit on us. When he wouldn't stop I kicked him in the balls and punched him." I said mater of factly with a proud ass grin on my face. "See." I held up my right hand which was swollen and hurt like a bitch, but at least the alcohol numbed the pain a bit.

"The club security didn't like that and tried to kick us out, can you believe that." Josie rolled her eyes. "When we refused to leave they tried to manhandle us so Tasha hit one." This time it was Tasha's turn to grin proudly.

"Right in the nose. You woulda been proud babe."

"Next thing we know the cops came and we came here." Sydni waved around as if we were in a 5 star hotel and not a jail cell. "The officers are really sweet."

Right on cue in walked Officer Newby with four water bottles in her hands.

"Officer." Josie cheered. "You made it."

Even drunk I didn't miss the way the lady officers eyes widened at the sight of the guys in front of her. Hard not to stare when they all looked good enough to eat.

"That's my fiancé." Josie pointed to Wyatt with her hand sticking out of the bars. I could tell the officer was starstruck as she just kept on staring.

"The ladies are free to go." Came another new voice. This one by an older male officer that came into view holding a key.

While Wyatt talked to the officer I kept my eyes on Landon. He has yet to say a word but boy was he hot when he was angry. I sent him a wink, which looked more like I was having a seizure, which made him narrow his eyes even more.

The sound of the cell door opening took my attention away.

"Thank god I have to pee." Sydni said, standing up and walking out of the cell, although she looked like a newborn baby walking in her heels.

I stood from the bench trying my hardest not to tip over. Now that I was standing my head was swirly and felt like my heels were taller than five inches.

One by one we walked out of the cell. Each guy coming forward to grab our arms so we don't fall.

Landon held my elbow as I teetered on my heels. I looked up at him with a drunk smile.

"Thank you."

"Lets get you home." Came his gruff response. Grrr.

"Good luck with the apps girly." Tasha said to Officer Newby as we passed by her.

"Let us know how it goes!" Josie said over her shoulder.

With that the guys lead us out of the police station, occasionally saying a thank you to the officers we passed. Each one looked at Wyatt, Trevor and Bryton with wide eyes.

"Only you guys would make friends with a police officer." Wyatt commented as we came to the parking lot.

"She was the best." Josie said with a nod.

I leaned into Landon's side as we walked across the parking lot. My eyes were droopy but I was still feeling pretty good from the alcohol. Give me another hour and we'll see if that changes.

"You okay to take her?" Wyatt asked.

"I'm all good." I answered for Landon, giving Wyatt a thumbs up. Beside me I heard a sigh.

"I got her."

As the guys lead the girls away we all grinned at one another.

"I love you guys!" Sydni called out.

"Love you more!" Tasha said in return.

"Thank you for my party!" Josie smiled as Wyatt tugged her towards his car.

"Byeee!" I waved before tripping over my heels. Landon's arms came around my waist to steady. "I love your arms." I said randomly as he steered me towards the passenger side of his truck.

"In you go." Was all he said as he grabbed me by the waist and lifted me into the seat. I knew I had a wild grin on my face as I looked over at him.

"So strong." By the shake of his head I knew he wasn't amused.

It only took him a second to walk around the truck and get in. Wasn't until he was sitting did I notice my purse on his wrist.

"Hey my purse! Wondered where it went." I reached for it, sliding it off his wrist before digging inside. "Where are you." I mumbled under my breath until I found what I was looking for. "Ah ha!" I pulled out a sucker I stashed inside the other day.

I felt Landon's stare as I plopped it in my mouth a hummed.

The truck was silent as Landon drove away from the police station. I don't know why but my alcohol induced brain took that to mean I had to fill the silence.

"I have a big secret to tell you." My head lolled to the side to stare at the side of Landon's face. Sucker jammed into the side of my cheek. The dashboard lit the side of his face so I could see his nice jawline. My fingers itched to touch it. Even though he didn't say anything I kept on talking. The words coming out of my mouth ones I haven't spoke in years.

"I grew up in the foster system." Landon's head turning to look at me. "Yep, I'm a foster."

I've never really spoken about my time in the foster care system yet here in Landon's dark truck, drunk, the words fell from my lips.

"I was seven when my mom dropped me off. Addicted to drugs and tired of having to care for me." Saying the words out loud still felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest.

"I was stuck in a crowded house where no one cared and I had to share a room with two other kids but at least I had a bed and food." My voice calm and unbothered, like I was just talking about the weather and not my life growing up.

"Made friends but they slowly left until I was alone. Worked really hard to get a scholarship to go to Uni. Best day was when I was able to leave to go to University and turned 18. Now look at me." I gestured to myself. "A successful business woman. I made it."

While I was busy talking I didn't notice Landon driving to his place and not mine, not until he parked the truck.

"Ohhh are we gonna have freaky time?" I asked as I gazed up at the building, not even noticing that I switched subjects.

"Not tonight." Landon's voice was a bit softer than before as he helped me out of the truck, grabbed my purse and placed a gentle hand on my lower back.

"But what if I want freaky time." My voice came out in a whine. He lead us through the door and into the elevator. Thankfully there was no one else around at this time. "I can make it real gooodddd." I dragged out the word before smirking in his direction, the stick from my sucker sticking out of my mouth.

"I bet you would."

When the elevator doors opened he steered me towards his door, making quick work of unlocking it and ushering me inside.

"Lets get you changed."

"Oh want me to strip for you?" I asked. Walking towards his room I grabbed the strap of my black dress and started pulling it off my shoulder. I was trying to be sexy but I kept stumbling in my heels and the strap of my dress was getting tangled in my sash.

When I got to his room I bent over to undo my heels but I underestimated my balance. I started to pitch forward before big hands were on my waist, yanking me up.

"Who knew you were so clumsy." Landon said softly against my neck. Unable to help myself I wiggled my ass against his crotch. When he stepped back I frowned turning around to face him.

Without a word he gently moved me back until I was seated on the edge of the bed. My eyes stayed glued to him as he squatted down, reaching for my foot. My pulse sky rocketed as his long fingers made quick work of the straps of my heels. I leaned back on my hands as he pulled the heel off making me moan. It didn't take him long to do the other heel.

Still squatting he reached up and gently grabbed the stick from my sucker.

"Open." Without a word I opened my mouth and gladly let him take the almost gone sucker from my mouth. "Stay right here." His command was soft but I found myself biting my lip and nodding. God I loved his dominating side. I loved when he told me what to do.

"I know you do." My eyes widened as I realized I said that out loud. Landon just chuckled before standing up. I watched as he placed my heels near the door and went over to his dresser. For such a big guy he sure moved with grace.

He made his way back to me with something in his hand.

"Arms up." I didn't even hesitate in doing as he asked. My heart was beating loudly in my chest as he grabbed the hem of my dress and pulled it up, tapping my hips to get me to lift them. When I did so he wasted no time in pulling my dress up and over my head.

I sat there topless with a black lace thong. I waited for his eyes to drop and look at my body but they never did. Landon kept his eyes solely on my face as he grabbed what I realized was a t-shirt from beside me.

With my arms still up he softly pushed my arms through and my head before letting the oversized shirt fall down to my hips.

I sat there stunned, my drunk mind trying to play catch up, as he stepped away again and went to the bathroom. When he came out a second later I was even more surprised at what he had in his hand. One of my makeup wipes.

Over the last few weeks I've left a few things here. Some makeup wipes, a toothbrush, a little bit of makeup.

Without a word he squatted down in front of me again and gently cupped my chin. I did nothing but sit there, staring right at his handsome face, as he softly wiped the makeup wipe on my face.

My mind couldn't even begin to process what he was doing right now. He was taking my makeup off so I wouldn't wake up and regret it.

Landon spent a good three minutes wiping all trace of my makeup gone. Each swipe so soft I barely felt it. When he was done he placed the makeup wipe on the edge of the bed and stood up.

"Come get under the covers."

I didn't even think to argue as I shimmied up the bed, wiggling my way under the covers. The soft sheets rubbing against my bare legs.

"I'm going to go get you some water and I'll be right back, okay?" He waited until I nodded before grabbed the used wipe and heading for the kitchen.

I watched him go with a growing ache in my chest. The feeling that was bubbling in my chest took my breath away. I've never had someone take care of me like this before. No ones ever tried to.

I've had to fend for myself since I was young. My mom was too high on drugs to remember she had a daughter most of the time so even though I was only seven I was taking care of myself. Have been ever since.

So Landon doing this. Being so kind. Was throwing me off but I couldn't deny that I liked how it felt. How nice it was to have someone care.

As Landon came back in the room with a glass of water I felt that feeling in my chest grow even more. That feeling felt so strong as he gently coaxed me to take a few sips of the water before putting next to the bed. After he made sure I was comfortable in bed he took a step back. I acted out of instinct. Grabbing his wrist I looked up at him under my lashes, the ache in my hand long forgotten with the alcohol and being around Landon.

"Stay." My voice sounded small but I didn't care. Not if it helped make him stay. Landon stared down at me for a moment before he nodded.

I laid there in bed, watching like a creep, as Landon stripped down to his boxers, turned off the light, before sliding into bed beside me.

I could feel myself starting to crash. All the excitement of tonight wearing off, making me tired along with the alcohol. I settled down in the bed. Turning on my side to face him with my head on the pillow. He mirrored my position, eyes running over my face.

The room was dark, the only light coming through the little slits in the blinds. The light hit his face just perfectly. I could stare at his face forever.

"Goodnight blondie." Landon whispered, hand coming up to softly trace my left cheek that was on the pillow. I lifted my head just enough before laying it against his palm, trapping his hand between me and the pillow.

My eyes felt heavy as each blink felt harder and harder to keep them open. As sleep threatened to pull me under I opened my mouth.

"Please don't leave." I was barely conscious of the words leaving my mouth. "Everyone always leaves."

"I'm not going anywhere blondie." Was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ 

Okay first off poor Lydia. I told you guys there's more to her than you know. And then Landon helping her take off her makeup!? Okay swoonnnnnnn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 69.4K 48
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝Our eyes met, Our bodies touched, Our hearts fell.....all the way down in love,❞ A Shy Senior Year College Girl A P...
109K 5.1K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...
497K 11K 27
Book 1 of the Mayer Familly series After a messy break-up from her NHL all star hockey player boyfriend of 2 years, Allison Mayer winds up from Colo...
165K 7.4K 38
Book #3 of the "Falling" book series! Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #27 in Escort 2022 #14 in Puppy-love 2022 #5 in Sexualtension 2022 #10 in Banter...