Eternal Serenity

By Siyawrites17_

Are you looking for arranged marriages with a little bit of drama but a lot of romance? Then you came to the... More

Author's Note
Characters
Prologue & Disclaimer
Character's Aesthetic & Description
Chapter 1: Meet the bride
Chapter 2: Beginning
Chapter 3: Meet Krsh Singhania
Chapter 4: First meet
Chapter 5: Talk with parents (Part 1)
CHAPTER 6: Talk with parents (Part 2)
Chapter 7: Will it be yes?
Chapter 8: Decision
Chapter 9: Phone Call
Chapter 10: Is Meera Jealous?
Chapter 11: A Little Confession
Chapter 12: The Journey
Chapter 13: Holiday (Part-1)
Chapter 14: Holiday (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Holiday (Part 3)
Chapter 16: Holiday (Last Part)
Chapter 18: His feelings
Chapter 19: First date
Chapter 20: First Kiss
Chapter 21: Engagement
Chapter 22: Missing each other
Chapter 23: Surprising him
Chapter 24: Ignoring him
Chapter 25: Some revelations
Chapter 26: Trying to make amends
Chapter 27: The mishap
Chapter 28: Tough times
Chapter 29: He is alive
Chapter 30: Her Past (Part 1)
Chapter 31: Her Past (Part 2)
Chapter 32: Always with each other
Chapter 33: Starting of wedding ceremonies
Chapter 34: Haldi
Chapter 35: Mehndi
Chapter 36: Sangeet & Pool Party
100K READS!!!!πŸŽ‰

Chapter 17: Sweet Moments

2.6K 150 4
By Siyawrites17_

Enjoy reading!💌

Meera's pov-

It's been almost a month since we had the trip to the south and Krsh and I came closer than the first time we met. Everything is going smoothly and life can't get any better than this. All day we are busy with our work, me in school and him in the office. But we have a routine of calling in the morning wishing each other the best for our day and at night talking about how our day went and other things.

Sometimes we even call in between work also. And when Sakshi got to know about this as she caught me one day talking she teased the hell out of me. My mind went to the last day we spent in Mumbai together. Everybody decided that the engagement should be held after a month and a half. And for this the shopping will be done in Mumbai only as all the functions of the wedding except reception will be held in Udaipur.

So baba and mom-dad decided that I should go there for engagement shopping a week before with Sakshi and Rohan and everybody else will come a day or two before the engagement day. And the packing started for the same. Mom and dad decided and strictly told us to live with them and to not care about what people will say about the bride living at in-laws house before the wedding and I was thankful and blessed to get such people as my in-laws.

We reached the Singhania mansion and we can already see that there is some function going to be held. The whole mansion was decorated so beautifully with flowers and ribbons and all other stuff of decoration that it is looking so mesmerizing. Also Krsh doesn't know that we are coming. Mom and dad wanted to give him a surprise and also a punishment because he has become so addicted to the office and its work.

We reached early in the morning and were given rooms. We quickly freshened up and I got ready in a simple red anarkali suit and went to the dining area as we were called for having breakfast. As we reached I went to mom as she was serving everybody and I offered her to help. And after sometime Krsh also entered as always being his handsome self.

"Ma, I am getting late so will not be able to have breakfast." He said while typing something on his phone.

"Krsh, sit silently and have breakfast. I do not want to listen to anything else." Ma said a little strictly so having no option he sat all the while looking down his phone. My excitement died when he didn't look up. I was waiting for his reaction from the time I stepped in the house. How will he react? Will he be happy to see me?

Mom signaled me to go to him and serve him and although I know it is a bad habit to see someone else's phone but since it was kept in front of my eyes I couldn't help but check out who he was messaging and I was stunned to see he was messaging me, our daily routine. Even though he is so busy that he didn't get time for breakfast, he was putting effort and time into talking to me even if it was just a text. I was thinking what good deeds must I have done to have a man like Krsh when suddenly he looked up and time stopped and everything stilled around me.

Despite the fact that I wanted to break eye contact, I couldn't. Seeing him so close in real, I feel alive from inside. I wonder how I was living and breathing until now. It's like meeting your crush for the first time and him reciprocating your feelings.

"Bhai, eat your food. Bhabhi is not going anywhere but I am sure you will be late for the meeting." Shanaya said taking me back to the earth from the world where only we two were. Our eye contact broke and he looked towards her. I can see his neck and ear turning red. Is he blushing? I kind of felt nice thinking that he is turning red because of me.

I made my way as mom told me also to have breakfast and sat in front of him. I saw him and Shanaya bickering with each other and Shanaya pinching him in his arms looking and giggling towards me. He then looked towards me, widening his eyes like he can't believe that I am here.

After realizing that others are also present he tried to hide the smile coming on his face.

After breakfast was done, ma took me in the living room so that I could spend time with her and others. She told me about various rituals which would take place and what would be expected of me as a daughter-in-law of the Singhanias.

"But bhabhi, are you still sure that Meera can do all this? I mean will she be able to behave like us, and know what to say and what not to." Revati bua said it made me feel conscious of myself and suddenly the feeling of being not worthy enough came inside me making me sweat and increase my heartbeat.

"Why won't she be able to bua? I am damn sure that Meera is more than worthy enough. She knows what to say and to whom. I am confident that she doesn't need to be told what she should do." Ma then signaled by her eyes to Krsh not to say more than this since it is more than enough.

Listening to him I got to know how much he believed in me and I have to prove him right since he is joining those pieces of my heart unintentionally which I have buried deep inside and tried to forget. I can't let him down. There was a sudden rush inside me and I craved to be in his arms. It has been more than a month since I have been there. I wanted to be alone with him and know what he is feeling since he saw me here. Meera, control yourself, this is not the right place.

After coming back to the real world from my thoughts, I saw him leaving, giving me a smile which I guessed was saying that he doesn't want to but has to go and I returned the same. It was decided that we will go to a few shops in the evening and I got ready for the same.

All of us went, mom, bua, Sakshi and Shanaya. Dadi couldn't as some of her friends from the neighborhood came and dad was with her. First we went to a boutique where so many and so beautiful dresses from sarees to lehngas were displayed. I was roaming behind them as I didn't want to come out very picky. Ma was showing the best of the shop but I don't know why I wanted to wear something that Krsh would like. I wanted to make him feel special even if it is as simple as wearing his choice of dress. We heard the bell on the door indicating someone's arrival and that someone turned out to be Krsh and Viraj.

"Bhai you cannot even wait for a few hours that you come here to see bhabhi." Shanaya teased him and I felt my cheeks getting warm and red. Ma stopped her to not tease him more seeing me turning all shy and embarrassed. We all resumed when Sakshi said, "Aunty, I think Krsh and Meera should decide clothes for each other. You know it is trending nowadays that the bride and groom choose outfits for each other, till the time we will also see for ourselves."

Sakshi I love you, you are my only best friend. I just wanted to tell her this, my mind was screaming but I refrained myself and then the girl who was working in the shop showed us the way to the first floor for the section exclusive for bride and groom attire. Krsh swayed his hand signaling me to go first and I proceeded for the same.

We were looking for me first and Krsh rejected all of them. Some of them were very precisely designed and looked like they were made for celebrities and such women. Suddenly Krsh pointed at one lehenga which was pastel in color. So simple yet so elegant. The dress looked perfect. He handed it to me and I looked at him with questioning eyes. He looked at the dress and then at me and signaled to the trial room. I blushed and nodded and went there.

After changing into the dress which took me almost fifteen minutes, I came out looking at the floor as I was afraid of his reaction. But taking a deep breath and with all my courage I looked up to find him looking at me with those eyes. He kept his right hand on his heart and acted like he was falling backwards while looking at me with that big smile.

I turned to beetroot from outside but from inside I was dancing like crazy looking at him. I was stunned that someone would have this reaction looking at me. After controlling himself he looked towards the girl which went from there leaving us all alone. He came towards me and lifted my chin with his hands motioning me to look at him.

"You know Meera I was confident that I am the best for you, but looking at you now being so graceful I am the one who is blessed to have you, though I don't think so I deserve you since you are like that moon in the sky which spread light not only for themselves but for their surrounding stars and all. How can you be so serene and intriguing at the same time Meera. I feel like just being with you in a room and not let anyone see you. Nobody is allowed to see this beauty except me."

As he completed I couldn't restrain myself hugging him. He opened the cage of butterflies in my stomach speaking those words and I was completely sure that I must be looking like a red tomato. I was not ready to look in those intense eyes which were speaking volumes about his affection for me, so I hugged him. I immediately felt his arms around me like he never wants to let go. We forgot about the time, place and everything else, it was just us. The hug was short but it felt like I could spend my whole life in those arms. He then kissed lightly on my forehead and trust me it was the most pure and surreal thing I have felt in my life.

"Meera, don't do these sudden attacks on me. My heart can't take it and I am not even engaged let alone married. I want to enjoy everything with my wife first so please wait until that happens." I know he was teasing me and he realized soon when he sensed that I was not looking at him.

"Okay my angel. I will not tease you more and now help me choose an outfit as beautiful as yours. I don't want to look any less than my soon to be wife."

We then selected his outfit which went well with my outfit. Till the time we reached downstairs everybody had their outfit ready for the engagement day. After that we went back home, had dinner. Everybody then retired to their respective rooms and I went to mine.

I changed into my night outfit, talked to baba about how everything was there well and his health. I got ready with the novel I was currently reading. I didn't realize when sleep embraced me with the hopes of better tomorrow.

So here's the chapter. How was it?🤔

I know I got late in updating but things happened one after and another and for reasons I can't update it. My mental health was also not good but I am trying my best. Thankyou all for being there.

Let me know if you are excited for their engagement?

Do vote, comment and share your thoughts as I would love to know about it. Also silent readers let me know your presence by atleast voting on the chapter as it gives your author the motivation to write more passionately.💟

Until next time. Take care❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

753K 48.5K 41
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her π’Œπ’‚π’Žπ’‚π’“π’ƒπ’‚π’π’… to ope...
1.3M 51.3K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ β€’ Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
1.5M 66.1K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...
2.8M 130K 31
~Glimpse~ "Dusro ki Cheezo ko Lena, Acchi Baat Nahi Hoti hai Bai sa." She looked back and my eyes met those Beautiful Orbs, A small frown spread on h...