Why Even Try (Book 1 of 4)

Galing kay 5654wdh

Loki, Thor, Sif, the warriors and ... you! How did the Odinson's and the warriors become friends? And what i... Higit pa

Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Thor's Heart
Chapter 3 - Not So Fast
Chapter 4 - This Can't Be Happening
Chapter 5 - The Day has Come
Chapter 6 - I Made It
Chapter 7 - Feeling more Aware
Chapter 8 - Reunion of Sorts
Chapter 9 - I Need to Wrap this up
Chapter 10 - Trying Something New
Chapter 11 - A Tragedy at the Palace
Chapter 12 - Waiting on Word
Chapter 13 - Beginning To Heal
Chapter 14 - Getting Better
Chapter 15 - Jolly Good
Chapter 16 - This Feeling is Disgusting
Chapter 17 - I Am Your Prince Too
Chapter 18 - Loki's Poems
Chapter 19 - The Prince's Dance
Chapter 20 - I Will See You Tomorrow
Chapter 21 - Finding Out Something Interesting
Chapter 22 - I am Going to Take Care of You
Chapter 23 - I Know You Care, But...
Chapter 24 - Taking A Day Off from Practice
Chapter 25 - What Could Have Happened to Him?
Chapter 26 - Will You Help Me?
Chapter 27 - Nothing But Trouble
Chapter 28 - A Strange Way to Return
Chapter 29 - Needing More Time
Chapter 30 - Someone New
Chapter 31 - I Can't Believe That Happened
Chapter 32 - Waiting For the Next Time
Chapter 33 - Trying to Figure Out What to do Next
Chapter 34 - What Does This Mean?
Chapter 35 - It Means Everything
Chapter 36 - But Why Not?
Chapter 37 - Not the Best Idea
Chapter 38 - What Do We Do Now?
Chapter 39 - I Will Always Be Here For You
Chapter 40 - The Next Morning
Chapter 41 - The Nightmares Continue
Chapter 42 - Needing to Show Him
Chapter 43 - One More Dance
Chapter 44 - So Much To Say
Chapter 45 - How Could So Much Have Gone So Wrong, So Quickly?

Chapter 43 - Feeling Safe At Last

14 2 0
Galing kay 5654wdh

"I had stopped by to see if you wanted to go to dinner but your mother said that you were out walking and haven't been feeling well lately." He says and eyes that Loki and my arms are still linked; he continues, "Though I hadn't realized you were out walking with someone else..."

"What happened to you? Your arm ...and your neck....what?" he stammers, and I wave my mom to come over.

Mom, can you help me and tell him?

She nods.

"Valdemar," she begins, "have you heard of the attack in the village a few nights ago?"

"I have, Lord Marek was killed and female was badly injured..." he says and still watches as Loki uses his free hand to play with the fingers of my hand that rest on his arm.

"You Dolt!" Loki begins, and I shake my head fervently at him, silently begging him to be quiet.

"Valdemar, the female that was injured was ...f/n..." my mom says, and the realization of what she just said hits him and he sags against the wall.

"Her injuries were and some still are substantial, and..." she continues, "before I continue, let's step inside the sitting room for some privacy and some tea."

"Actually Lady Kathalia," Loki says, "I am going to see Odin and if there is any update on the investigation as well as attend to a few other things. I will be back in a few hours, do either of you need anything?"

I shake my head and hug Loki, and as I do he gives Valdemar a look that rubs in the fact that I am hugging Loki and not him. Loki leaves and the rest of us step inside.

"So are you going to talk now since he's gone?" he says with anger in every word. "Why do you let him control you?"

I look over to my mom and she nods knowing that I need her to continue.

"Valdemar, my boy, her injuries included a broken nose, black eye, broken arm, numerous broken ribs, as well as bruising on her lower body, thighs, and neck. She was held up by her neck ..." she moves my head to show him the deep purple marks, "and she is not able to speak yet. So no, she will not be speaking now that the prince has left. We do not know when she will be speaking again. And if you truly knew my daughter, you would know that no one controls her."

Valdemar's face is contorted in confusion and disgust, finally it sinks in and he looks to me with sympathy as well as trying to find words to apologize.

"Lady F/n, I am so sorry, I .... I didn't know.." he begins, "I certainly wouldn't have spoken to you that way, I shouldn't have spoken to you that way anyway...I'm truly sorry. Though disappointed that I know you were on a date with another man, and now spending so much time with the Prince."

The three of us continue to talk a bit more, until there is a knock at the door and Loki has returned. Valdemar takes this as his cue to leave, but before he is gone he turns to me.

"Lady F/n once again, I beg your forgiveness for my actions and words, and I do hope to see you at the ball tomorrow, and I hope you save a dance for me. Please do not hesitate to call on me should you need something." He says, and then leaves the room.

Loki goes to speak, probably to tell him that I won't need anything from him but my mother gives him a scolding look and he keeps quiet.

"Should we try to heal that lovely voice of yours?" Loki says with a smile. Shaking my head no causes both Loki and my mom to look at me funny.

My ribs, and my legs, please.

Are you sure, my dear?

Yes.

Eira is summoned and the three of them attempt to fix my ribs. It's not working out the best in my room, and is causing more pain. Eira wants to go to the healer's ward where she access to all of her healing equipment. Reluctantly I agree, and the four of us set out; but once in the hallway we are stopped by a herald.

"Your Highness, Prince Loki....." he yells, and stops to catch his breath.

"Yes Gorm," Loki says,

"There has been a development in the investigation involving the attack on...." He pauses when he sees that I am standing next to Loki.

"My apologies Lady F/n, I didn't mean to upset you," Gorm continues.

"Gorm, please! What have you found out?" Loki demands.

"The village guard have found the two that they believe were the ones who attacked... Lady F/n and Lord Marek." Loki dismisses him, and then says he is going to go speak with Odin. He hugs me and promises to be back before the night is over.

Please be careful.

Loki retreats down the hallway with Gorm and the rest of us continue to the healer's ward.

After a few hours of treatment, Eira has managed to fix all of my broken ribs, and has most of the bruising on my thighs; some are just too deep, and I am in a lot of pain so she stops for the night. All that remains is my broken arm, and my neck, but the mental bruising will take a lot longer to heal. We walk back to my rooms and I take another bath-it's one of the few things that make me feel better. Eira said that no matter how silly something might seem if it makes me feel better I should do it even if it means taking numerous baths a day; and right now taking baths help me feel better.

Mom, that jar on the sink...Loki concocted it for my baths, it soothes and helps heal.

"I will make sure I add it dear, he sure has taken excellent care of you." he says with a smile.

Yes he has.

Sinking into the water and relaxing with the bubbles I feel so much better than I have in days. I find myself looking forward to the ball tomorrow night.

Oh SHIT! I am going to the ball with Loki, like as his date. What the hell am I thinking? I will walk in with him and the Royal family, all who are attending will see my bruising on my shoulders and arms that hasn't healed. And since the days of balls are so busy, I won't have any time for any treatments tomorrow. Panic begins to set in to my chest and I feel like I cannot breath or calm down.

MOM!

My mom comes running into the bathroom and sees that I seem to be having a bit of a panic attack.

"What happened my dear? Did you have a flashback to the attack?" she asks, and helps me get out of the bath

Not really, I just got a little panicky when I realized that I will be attending tomorrow with Loki, and when walk in together, everyone will see us, me...my bruising.

"Oh my dear, you know that Loki will not let anything bad happen to you, and if you do not want to go, I am sure he will understand..." she tells me.

Just then he knocks at the door to the sitting room and enters.

"Hello? Lady Kathalia? F/n?" Loki yells.

"We are in the bathroom Your Highness, we will be out in a moment." She says and helps me get out of the bath and dressed in some satiny pajamas, they are pink and brand new.

Where did these come from?

"Do you really need to ask?" she says sarcastically, and holds a new pair of cozy socks that match my pajamas. We burst into laughter and walk out of the bathroom.

"Ah, there you are....feeling better?" Loki asks and pulls me to a hug and gives me a quick peck on the cheek. "You look adorable."

Thank you for the pajamas, they are gorgeous.

You're welcome my love.

"My... Loki, were you able to get any information?" my mom asks.

With a wave of her hand and his they both have changed into pajamas, conjured tea, water and cookies to eat while we sit by the fireplace. I take a seat on the love seat, and my mom moves to the chair which forces Loki and I sit by each other. He summons his green blanket, which he has left here, and covers us both as he pulls me to his chest.

"I was....umm, to be honest, it probably didn't go as well as Odin had hoped, but neither of the men will be bothering you or anyone ever again." Loki says, with a sinister grin and puts an arm around me.

LOKI!

"Darling, I did not kill them," Loki begins, "Odin, Thor and I went to the village guard station and once we entered the building everyone knew what a terrible thing had happened and that someone of significance to the Royal Family was involved. They did not know how close you are to the Royal family, and once it was found out, the men told everything."

"You and Marek were not the only ones they had attacked that night, but you were the two who had the most violent things happen to them." He pauses to see our reactions before continuing, "I asked for a moment alone with the men, and my simple request was enough for them to beg to be imprisoned for life...rather than to speak with me."

"Of course my threat of following them everywhere they went, for the remainder of their days, and telling them that I would visit them every day to flip a coin to see if they would live or die might have had something to do with their cooperation." He smirks, and my eyes are wide with disbelief.

"My Prince," my mom says and gets up to hug him, "our savior. Thank you!"

Staring at Loki in disbelief, I am in shock that it feels like it is over... with just a few simple words, Loki found a way to make me the safest person in Asgard, HELL the safest person in all of the realms. How can he so calmly talk about scaring two men into an eternity in prison? But that isn't what matters; what matters is that we are all safe. We are all safe because of the man standing in front of me, the man that I have loved since our days of running through the gardens. Soft tears start to form in my eyes, and Loki sees this and pulls me to my feet. Using his thumbs he wipes my tears and I crash my lips into his. It takes a moment for him to realize what I am doing and then he begins to deepen the kiss.

"Well it's a good thing I have to help Heimdall tonight..." My mother says and we all giggle when we part. "I trust you will continue the excellent care of my daughter, Loki?"

He nods, "I would give her nothing less than the best dear Lady." My mom hugs us both and then leaves the room.

Loki casts a shield charm and we settle back on to the loveseat in each other's arms or as best we can with my arm in a cast, to keep it immobile.

"Were they able to heal your bruises" Loki asks and kisses the top of my head.

My ribs and some of the bruising on my thighs have been healed, but there will be no time for my voice or my arm before the ball, but that's ok.

Loki continues to hold me as we sit in front of the fire and I soon fall asleep.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

130K 3.9K 26
√Book 1 of 2 Series√ "Wait for me... Because I'll always wait for you" Have you ever felt..... Magical? Loved? Betrayed? Abandoned? Cause that's...
7.6K 311 69
**Smut/Slow burn** TLDR: Loki teaches you magic and it's all downhill from there... Long before the fall, Prince Loki's first wonderful mistake was...
7K 421 50
It all began with you crashlanding on Earth. Having no memory of prior events you end up gaining the help of those who call themselves the Avengers...