Chapter 22 - I am Going to Take Care of You

Cedrin ignores Loki, and moves to help me sit back in the bed. Loki reaches over and removes Cedrin's hands from me. Cedrin gives Loki a look, but Loki knows that he would not engage him here and now; not only because he is a Prince and would best Cedrin in about four moves, but because Cedrin is worried about how I would see him.

"You would probably be best served by staying her overnight..." he says,

"And risk you giving her the wrong treatment again? I think not..." Loki spits out "come on darling."

With a flick of his wrist, Loki has summoned his green cloak and has fastened it around my shoulders. Merila and Cedrin gasp because this action basically claims me as his. He has placed me under his protection for the time being, and it means that no one should come near me, or else they face the wrath of Loki.

He cannot mean to do this...He's just mad at the situation and trying to make Cedrin mad. I am not certain how I feel about this now because he is treating as one of his possessions, some thing to be owned.

"Loki, he's right, I probably should stay here..."

Loki gives me look as if to say that I am crazy to suggest such a thing so I am not going to argue anymore. I am tired, and am looking forward to crawling into my own bed and sleeping for days.

Just go with it, you know what his temper is like, do not cause drama here or now, talk to him in the morning. Then speak with Merila and Cedrin.

"Cedrin, I will speak with you tomorrow..." I say and he nods. He knows that we both have somethings to talk about especially since he kissed me earlier.

Loki picks me up in his arms and opens the door just as we come face to face with Kathalia, Frigga, and Eira.

"My son, where are you going with her?" Frigga asks, and places an arm around Kathalia's shoulders to keep her calm.

Loki stops and turns to face all three of them as well as Cedrin and Merila who have come out of the room.

"I am taking my friend to a place where she can heal for the night. She needs peace and quiet, and I intend to provide her with the perfect environment for recuperation. We are not to be disturbed." Loki says with determination which is incredibly powerful and intoxicating.

"Loki..." Frigga says, and he continues to walk away

He's taking charge of the situation and I feel something stirring. The amount of care and concern he is showing for me is making me see him in a different light. I cannot stop him, because quite frankly, I do not want him to-I am enjoying his attention on some level.

His actions have to mean he cares for me...but we always cared for each other. He said it before 'my friend'...that's all I am to him-his friend. But why does that seem like it is not enough for me anymore?

Loki breezes past the ladies and I just shrug my shoulders while hanging on to him. All three ladies look to me and smile as they know that I understand Loki, and they are also happy that it looks like he is giving in to his feelings for me. His long strides carry us quickly to his rooms. Meanwhile in the hall Frigga and Kathalia watch as we disappear from their sight.

Are you ok, my child?

Yes mom, I will be fine.

Let me know if you need anything. I see how upset he is, and I am not going to cross him; I know he wouldn't dare hurt you.

I understand. I guess I will see you in the morning.

"Ummm, Kathalia, was she wearing his cloak?" Frigga asks, and all three ladies exchange a knowing look.