Fear of Love

By OutOfMyLimit17

{BOOK 3 OF THE 'FALLING SERIES} Lydia Ellis has been burned enough times her in life that she no longer belie... More

A/N
Chapter 1....
Chapter 2....
Chapter 3...
Chapter 4....
Chapter 5...
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7....
Chapter 8....
Chapter 9....
Chapter 10....
Chapter 11....
Chapter 12...
Chapter 14....
Chapter 15...
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17...
Chapter 18....
Chapter 19....
Chapter 20....
Chapter 21....
Chapter 22....
Chapter 23....
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25....
Chapter 26....
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28....
Chapter 29....
Chapter 30....
Chapter 31...
Chapter 32....
Chapter 33....
Chapter 34....
Chapter 35....
Chapter 36....
A/N

Chapter 13....

8.8K 338 65
By OutOfMyLimit17

Happy Reading my smut lovers 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Look what I bought us." Tasha whispered beside me on the couch. Behind me Sydni and Josie were busy making us margaritas as we got ready to watch the guys on TV play their next hockey game.

Leaning in Tasha showed me her phone with a wide grin. On the screen were four sashes, each one with a different saying. One was obviously Josie's saying 'Wifey Material'. The others said; 'Designated Drunk', 'Bad Influence', and 'Sexy and Single'.

I snorted, not at all surprised that Tasha got these for Josie's Bachelorette party.

"I take it you're the 'Bad Influence' one?"

"Of course." She shot me a grin. I knew I was the 'Sexy and Single' one since no one else in our group was single. "They come later this week so it will be perfect timing for the party."

"She's gonna love it." Josie really will. She still had no idea what we were planning. Pretty sure she thinks we are just going to do a small girls night or something.

"Margaritas!" Sydni cheered as her and Josie came back into the living room. Tasha quickly put her phone away before grabbing a glass.

We were at Sydni's new place to watch the game. Since the game was an away one and on a Tuesday, after we all got off work we decided to come over and make it a girls night. If it wasn't so chilly out we would have been in the pool.

"Thank you." I eagerly took the one Josie handed me. It was Sydni's margarita recipe. I don't know what she does but whatever it is makes it one of the best margaritas I've ever had. Whenever we had girls night we all begged her to make a batch.

Once we were all settled on the couch, waiting for the game to start, I felt eyes turn to me.

"You've been a bit MIA lately." Josie remarked, glancing at me over the rim of her glass. I had a feeling they'd notice my lack of responding the last few days. I've been...busy the last few days.

After waking up Saturday morning thinking Landon had left, I didn't expect to spend the entire weekend being fucked on every surface in my apartment. The two of us stopped long enough to get something to drink and eat before we were on each other again. It was like we opened a gate where we couldn't get enough.

Next thing I knew it was Sunday afternoon and Landon needed to head home. Neither of us had planned on him staying the whole weekend but I wasn't complaining. Not when I was the most satisfied I've ever been.

Since I was so wrapped up in Landon over the weekend, literally and figuratively, when Monday came around I had a shit ton of work to do. I barely saw Josie and hadn't replied to our girl group chat.

"Sorry work has been crazed." Which wasn't a lie. I was finalizing the deal to put the magazine in stores, working on the next issue, and trying to fend off the other magazine company that wouldn't take no for an answer. I wasn't planning on telling anyone about Landon and I. We were just having fun, plus it wasn't anyones business.

"Business is picking up huh?" Tasha asked.

"It has. Just this weekend we've had at least 10 business's wanting to be featured in the magazine."

"So what exactly happens when someone wants to be featured?"

Leaning back in the couch I started to explain.

"We look at the business/company and see what they are about. We try to stay away from huge popular stores because they are already known and don't need us. Then depending on the store or even the event, we'll ask for a small fee to be featured. If we come across a small family business we'll feature them for free. Kind of just depends." I took a sip of my drink.

With more and more people wanting to be in the magazine I need to start thinking about upping the fee to be featured and what the magazine is going to look like moving forward. Just thinking about it right now was giving me a headache. This girls night was exactly what I needed.

"We should all pay to be featured than every page is a picture of us." Tasha joked.

"Have a huge photoshoot with outfit changes." Sydni added.

"Love that idea." Tasha beamed. "We could do those 'beer pictures' that girls do and give to their man."

"Ohh I've seen those." Josie pipped up. "Bet the guys would love that."

"That could be a fun wedding gift for Wyatt." Tasha wiggled her eyebrows at Josie.

"His gift is marrying me."

I laughed into my glass at the way she said it. I mean she's not wrong. I may be a bit bias, being friends with Josie, but Wyatt was lucky to have her. Luckily Wyatt seemed to realize that and snatched her up before anyone else could.

As the girls talked back and forth about the guys I felt my phone buzz in my lap. My eyebrows raised at Landon's name. We've only sent a few texts back and forth since Sunday, both of us busy.

Landon: Watching the game?

Lydia: Yea with the girls at Sydni's place.

Curious as to why he was asking I kept my eyes on the screen as three dots appeared on the bottom.

Landon: If it's not too late after the game want to come over?

I read his text and read it again. I know what he was implying yet it was a bit surprising. I was still trying to wrap my head around Landon and I.

Lydia: So we can braid each others hair?

I bit my bottom lip to stop from laughing at my response.

Landon: The only thing involving hair will be my fist wrapped around yours.

My mouth instantly dried. Images of his hand fisted in my hair coming to mind. I crossed my legs as I glanced at my friends, phone angled away from them. Thankfully they were oblivious as I shifted on the couch.

I struggled to reply, my head scrambled with dirty thoughts. I typed something then deleted it, unsure how to respond. I don't even remember a time where I've sent dirty texts to someone. I know sexting is a thing but I've never actually done it.

My phone buzzed with another text. I felt my body flush as I read what Landon wrote.

Landon: Don't worry I'll put that mouth to good use later.

I quickly flipped my phone over as I tried my best to look unaffected. On the inside I was internally screaming. How can he say it so easily and why the hell is it so damn hot.

"You good?" Tasha softly elbowed me. I prayed my face wasn't as flushed as it felt.

"All good. Haven't eaten so the alcohol has gone straight to my head." I lied.

"Oh I have a ton of snacks!" Sydni said jumping off the couch.

"Oh no I..." I trailed off as Syd ignored me and went to the kitchen. Not even a second later she came bouncing out holding multiple bowls. "Chips, popcorn, and different kinds of candy."

"We are making Sydni host every time." Tasha reached out and grabbed a small handful from the candy bowl. What looked to be a mix of M&M's, gummy worms, and I think skittles.

"I'm going to have to up my snack game." Josie mused as she grabbed her own handful.

Reaching out I snagged a few gummy worms. Junk food and margaritas...my kind of night.

"I'm gonna move in with you." I joked.

"You really don't want to do that." Tasha shook her head. "Her and Bryton are like rabbits." Her eyes went wide. "On every surface."

I looked down at the couch before dragging my gaze back to Sydni. She sat there grinning not at all embarrassed.

"You need Jesus."

"Hey, I'm getting laid. I don't care." Sydni smirked with a smirk.

"Please tell me you at least clean the couch." Tasha sent her a pleading look.

"Most of the time." Tasha slapped her arm as we all laughed.

"Lydia's right you need Jesus."

"I'm on my knees a lot anyways."

I fell back against the couch laughing, completely losing it. Tasha fell against my side as she laughed. All four of us fell into each other in a fit of giggles.

It was moments like these that made me truly love my friends.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Get it! Get it!"

Josie screamed at the tv. Tasha, Sydni and I leaned far away from her sharing a look. Every time we do this we all say we are not putting the game on yet we do. Then we are left sitting here cringing away from Josie's screaming. Sydni can be just as bad at the arena but at least here she knew to keep her voice down. Josie...not so much.

"Now you understand why I banned hockey in our apartment years ago." Tasha spoke from the side of her mouth.

"Fitting she's marrying a hockey player." I spoke from the side of my mouth as well.

"Shoot!" Josie screamed, jumping off the couch.

"No wonder we got kicked out of a bar once." Sydni muttered on the other side of us.

On the TV the Toronto Knights were behind one goal with only a few minutes left in the game. This game has been a rough one. Multiple penalties on both sides. Trevor was put in the box for a bogus call, Tasha cursing like a sailor at that. And once or twice Bryton was slammed into the boards so hard we all winced.

How the guys were able to walk afterwards was beyond me. As someone who doesn't know how to skate it was a miracle to me that they can skate for so long and stay upright. I could never. As everyone has seen.

While I have been paying attention to the game I've also been sidetracked. Every few minutes my phone would buzz. Dirty texts from Landon filling my phone, each one dirtier than the last. He made it very difficult to pay attention which I knew was his end game. Surprised the girls haven't noticed how distracted I am.

With one minute left in the game I felt my phone buzz once again.

Landon: Care to soothe the sting of the loss?

My lips tugged up.

Lydia: Sounding a bit desperate there.

Landon: Get your ass over here.

Even through text he was demanding. Another text with his address came through a second later. Forgot I've never actually been over to Landon's place. I just learned the other day he lives close by me.

I could easily say no and stay here with the girls, but after spending the last two or so hours being teased the last thing I was going to do was stay here. Not when I can spend the rest of the night having knee shaking orgasms.

The girls booed as the guys lost while I replied back to Landon. Now to come up with an excuse to leave without the girls asking too many questions. Although I had a feeling they would be calling their men in a bit to soothe the loss they just took.

I knew it wasn't fair keeping this from them but it would only make things weirder. This 'friends with benefits' thing I have going with Landon was so new and I had no clue how long it was going to last. It could fizzle out in a week for all I know.

With a quick plan I sent Landon a text and waited. Not even a minute later my phone rang as planned. I quickly answered before anyone could see the name on my screen.

"Hello?"

"Every minute you're late is the number of times you're going to come." I had to physically stop myself from reacting. Asshole.

"Oh, hi, Larry."

"Or maybe I won't let you come at all." Landon continued. I squeezed my thighs and just prayed it wasn't obvious that I was turned on.

"What do you mean?"

"Edging you does sound a lot more fun."

My plan was for my financial advisor Larry to 'call me' with an excuse to leave but of course Landon had to make it harder. His words were making it harder for me to think of what to say next.

From the corner of my eye I could see the girls looking at me confused. Time to wrap this up.

"Okay...yea...sounds good." I purposefully paused as if he was talking on the other side of the phone. "I'll be right there." Before Landon could say anything else dirty I hung up. Turning to the girls I sent them an apologetic look.

"Sorry guys I gotta cut tonight short."

"Everything okay?" The concerned looks on their faces was like a knife to the gut. Guilt churned in my stomach. I didn't like lying, I really didn't, yet here I am lying to my three best friends.

"Yeah, all good. Just gotta talk to Larry about something." I swallowed the ball in my throat. I quickly stood up before I spilled the beans. "But want to get lunch later this week?" I asked.

"Sounds good." Josie stood pulling me into a hug.

With a promise to see everyone at lunch in a few days I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I felt horrible but I couldn't stop the excitement bubbling in my stomach as I got in my car.

I wasted no time in starting my car and heading in the direction of Landon's place.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I took the elevator up to Landon's floor. His apartment building was very similar to mine. Maybe a tad bit newer. I was a bit surprised he wasn't living in an actual house but him having a bachelor pad did make more sense.

Before I knew it I was standing in front of his door. I don't know why I'm suddenly nervous being here. It's just Landon. He's already seen me naked so I shouldn't even be nervous. But if I was being honest with myself I'm nervous about someone getting close to me after all these years.

Telling myself to calm down I quickly knocked on his door. This is was just something fun between us. Nothing more and nothing less. As long as I remembered that I'll be perfectly fine.

The door opened revealing a shirtless Landon. My eyes eagerly took in the bare chest. The dips of his abs. The way his biceps flexed as he held open the door. My eyes continued their descent past the V disappearing in his sweatpants.

Oh momma.

Grey sweatpants.

I repeat. Grey. Sweatpants.

Remind me to send a thank you card to the inventor of grey sweatpants. They deserve an award. Especially with the fact you can see everything in them.

"Are you done eye fucking me?"

My eyes finally moved back up to his face, finding him smirking at me. I was not at all subtle about checking him out.

"Give me another minute." At my words he cracked a grin.

I made a show of looking him over again and gave a little nod.

"Looks pretty good." I gave him a little smirk of my own.

"Glad to pass your inspection." Landon stepped to the side, gesturing for me to come in.

I purposely brushed my hand across his chest as I walked by. His eyes hungrily followed me making my confidence grow with each step into his apartment. I looked around his place, noting it was clean and smelled like Landon.

Curbing the urge to look around more I turned on my heel to face him. He was leaning against his door, arms and legs crossed. God, he looked lickable. I swear he was flexing his arms on purpose.

"I'm digging the suit jacket."

I ran my hand down the front of the suit jacket I had worn today. I had back to back meetings today and needed to wear something more than my usual jeans and sweaters. Hence the light pink/salmon suit jacket, darker washed jeans and heels to match. Business casual at its finest.

Landon's eyes dragged down my body, lingering on my legs before returning to my face. From where I was standing I could feel the heat of his gaze. All the teasing from the past few hours came rushing forward.

The way he looked at me feel so sexy and confident. Don't get me wrong I'm confident in general, you have to be in order to run a successful business as a women, but this was a different kind of confidence.

Being naked in front of someone can be scary as hell, even if they've seen you naked a couple of times. But when a guy can make you feel like you are a Goddess it's 100x better.

Feeling that confidence I dropped my bag to the floor before shrugging my jacket off. My outfit wasn't even sexy yet the way Landon looked at me you'd think it was. His eyes never left me as I slowly started stripping out of my clothes.

I've always loved wearing nice underwear under my clothes, making me feel good about myself throughout the day. I wear it for myself but right now I've never been more grateful for choosing to do so. Obviously Landon thought the same as never once looked way as I stripped in front of him.

In a matter of minutes I stood there in the middle of his apartment in only my underwear and heels. I picked a burgundy set this morning and seeing Landon's eyes widened I knew I made the right color choice.

"Done eye fucking me?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips. His eyes lazily looked me up and down.

"Not even close."

Landon pushed off the door and stalked towards. My body ached to feel him inside of me again. To feel that strong muscular body moving against mine.

"Did you wear this for me?" He came to a stop inches from me. Hand reaching out to play with the strap of my bra. Goosebumps broke out on my skin at his touch. I had to tilt my head back just a bit to see his face. I loved that he towered over me even with my heels on.

"No." My voice didn't come out as strong as I wanted it to.

"Hmm." The tip of his finger grazed the skin up to my collarbone. My breath hitched in my throat as his finger trailed down between my breasts. My nipples pebbled under my bra and I couldn't help but push my chest out in hopes he'll touch me there.

Landon just smirked as his finger kept descending. His touch was so light, like a feather, as he moved down my stomach until he came to my underwear. Tugging my bottom lip between my teeth I tried my best to stay still as he traced the skin right above my underwear. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"If I go lower will I find you soaking wet for me?" I loved how dirty his mouth was.

I opened my mouth for some retort but before I could say anything his hand slipped further down until he was stroking one finger over my underwear. I knew the fabric was soaked. As soon as Landon felt it his head snapped up, approval in his eyes.

"Were you soaked during the entire game?" His words were almost rhetorical as his finger kept its lazy pace of stroking me through my underwear. "Did my messages turn you on?"

I shift on my heels keeping quiet. I didn't want him to know just how turned on I got from his damn text messages. But by that stupid ass grin on his face he knew.

"Wonder if the girls knew their best friend was sitting next to them getting naughty texts and getting turn on by them." He added a bit more pressure between my legs earning a gasp. "Naughty girl." He tutted.

"You're fault for sending them in the first place." I finally found my voice.

"Oh is that right?"

"Y-yes." I stumbled over my words when his finger found my clit.

"So you don't want this? Okay." Landon stepped back, leaving me standing there with my heart racing in my chest and an ache between my legs. I made a noise of protest which just made him shrug.

"Wouldn't want to turn you on anymore than I have." Gritting my teeth at his words I sent him a glare. No way was I letting him tease me any longer.

"You are the biggest asshole."

Without another word I stepped towards him, grabbed the sides of his face and tugged his lips to mine. Our lips fought one another as we kissed. It may have only been a few days since we last saw each other but it felt too long.

Landon's hands came down to my waist, squeezing, before grabbing my ass. He groaned against my lips as he kneaded the flesh. He was such an ass man. I nipped his lip as my hand moved down his bare chest, feeling that hard muscle under my fingertips.

My hand cupped him through his sweatpants. This time it was me who groaned at how hard he was.

"No foreplay." He said against my mouth. His grip tightened on my ass tugging me impossibly closer.

"Deal."

Not wasting another second Landon flipped me around, hands back on my waist. Using his lower body he walked us forward to his couch. He had a comfy looking couch but we clearly weren't going to be sitting on it any time soon.

The front of my thighs pressed against the fabric and my hands came to rest on the top. Calloused hands ran up my back and then back down. Glancing over my shoulder I found Landon staring down at me, teeth tugging at his bottom lip.

"Fuck your legs look good with those heels." He punctuated his words with a smack to my ass.

Hands grabbed the top of my underwear tugging them down. A soft tap to my ankles had me lifting my feet up one by one to step out of them. The feel of lips kissing the back of my legs had me sucking in a shaky breath.

Landon's fingers made quick work of unhooking my bra, throwing it over his shoulder. The action made me grin.

Tired of him taking his time I arched my back and wiggled my butt in the air gaining his attention.

"So needy." His fingers once again going between my legs. With his feet he nudged mine further apart. "Can't get over how tight and wet you are." Landon's words were quiet like he was talking to himself.

"Fuck me." I didn't care that I was begging. I've spent the last few hours being teased. I was more than ready for him to fuck me.

"Well since you asked so nicely." Not even a second later I felt the head of his dick rubbing against me. I hadn't even heard him take his sweats off. I could hear just how wet I was as he kept on teasing me with just the tip.

I opened my mouth to demand he stop teasing me but was cut off as Landon slammed his entire length into me. I lurched forward, hands gripping the couch. He was huge but filled me just right.

I only need a second to adjust before I was pushing my hips back towards him. Hands gripped my hips but Landon kept still behind me, letting me fuck myself back on his length. 

"Good girl." Landon's words only spurred me on. Didn't know I enjoyed praise so much until hearing the words from Landon's lips. Every 'good girl' and 'doing such a good job' had me melting.

Landon let me have control for just another minute before pushed me further into the couch, stopping my movements. Keeping me pinned against the fabric he gave me no warning as he slammed into me.

Over and over his hips slapped against me. All I could do was hold onto the couch as he fucked me roughly. His hands were gripping my hips so hard I knew there would be fingerprints there later.

I moaned loudly as my eyes rolled back in my head. Each snap of his hips was hitting that spot deep inside of me. My toes were curling in my heels.

"Lan." I moaned, followed by a moan of his own.

Leaning over my back Landon reached his arm around, encasing my throat with his hand. With his thumb and middle finger he pressed on the side of my neck with just the right amount of pressure.

Using that hand he hauled me against his chest. My fingers barely grazed the back of the couch as my back arched, shoving my ass against him.

The sounds of us fucking filled his apartment, our moans mixing together. I was close and Landon knew it. He slammed into me at the perfect angle, hitting that spot that had me seeing stars. Adding a tiny bit more pressure to my throat that was all it took to send me over the edge.

As I came the only thought that came to my mind was that I could do this every single day for the rest of my life. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Who would have thought Landon had such a dirty mouth. Sometimes the quieter ones are the dirtiest *wink* 

Do you think the girls are gonna figure out something is going on with Lydia and Landon? Think Mateo will be the one to spill the beans yet again? Never know we are only on chapter 13 and so much more to go!

Thank you guys for the love on all the chapters so far. My favorite part of the day is getting on here to read them. You guys are hilarious and so supportive. Seriously I couldn't have asked for better readers. Thank you for the 119k followers as well. Can't believe that many people follow little old me. Love you all!

Don't forget while you wait for updates you can head over and read the other two books of the 'Falling Series' or you can check out my other books! I have two Christmas books  (one made the Watty shortlist this year) so if you're in the mood for something holiday themed go check those out!

Love you guys! <3

VOTE, COMMENT!!

<3 <3 <3

-Ken

P.S Don't forget to check out my social medias. Especially Instagram where I post reels, quotes, aesthetics, books I'm reading, etc. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 16K 73
*Book One in the Every Other Memory Series* Elle Montgomery is a model daughter, student, sister, and friend with everything ahead of her. Her ambiti...
151K 5.2K 41
"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈, 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲." [MATURE] After finally getting rid of her toxic boyfriend, Bethany Russo is ready to take control...
1.1M 30.3K 51
Book 1 of 3 Lindsey is looking for a fresh start. She's spent the last two years hiding away from everyone, and everything after her best friend and...
13.6K 478 9
Friends with benefits, no strings attached-that's the plan. And to Serena Huntingdon, it couldn't be more perfect. She'd have all the orgasms she cou...