Kingdom Fall : Aegon II Targa...

By Sweetophelia1

It's Strange What Desire Will Make Foolish People Do. He catches a droplet of wine running from her lips to... More

Aesthetics
Clementines And Dragon.
Creatures With Very Long Legs.
Broken Rules.
Love Can't Protect You Now.
Farewell's.
Loose Lips Sink Ships.
Love and Duty.
Aquiescence.
Tempestuous Young Girls.
Arguements, Arrangements and Agreements
Prayer and Pomp.
Dinner and Diatribes
In Hot Water.
Men.
Indescent Relations.
Sacraficial Lamb.
Run Baby Run.
Just An Appendage.
Kicking and Screaming.
Thicker Than Water.
Promises Are Not To Be Broken.
Roughhousing and Revelations
If I Tell You You're Mine.
Whatever She Wants.
Baths and Burdern's.
A Family Affair.
Would That Be A Bad Thing?
Nothing Like You.
History Is Like Gravity
Aesthetics 2//Anouncement
What's In A Name.
A Royal Crowning.
Mother Knows Best.
The One Who Gave You Life.
Inherited Injuries.
The Next Best Thing.
Girls Night.
Gently Does It.
I Can Only Apologise
Pride Goeth Before Destruction
Authors Note - Please Read Though
Night Terrors.
A Gilded Cage.
Authors Note

Trials and Tribulations.

2.5K 77 27
By Sweetophelia1

Took a great deal of googling but i'm fairly certain Anne remains a Targaryen despite marrying Aegon. As even though he's not the King you only get the royal name if you're born into it. Like Laena remains a Velaryon despite being married to Daemon. Unlike Catelyn who becomes a stark.

Sorry that the gaps are so long now. Since they were every week during summer but I've gone back to uni and it's quite full on since it's my final year. There's only a few chapters left for this season. So it'll becoming to a temporary end soon although I'm not sure that anybody's still reading 😂

She's had only black dresses made for her during her time in King's Landing. She of course has numerous green dresses that the Queen had kindly gifted he. So she has no blue to wear that will fit her in her last month of pregnancy therefore she settles on having a blue veil stitched into the braids that sit at the top of her head.

She carries the Velaryon name, let them remember that today. 
...
She forgoes meeting with her good mother in the sept that morning in exchange for visiting her brother in his chambers.

She knocks at his door and he's quick to answer.
"You're already dressed." Annerys says surprised since the hour is still so early.

"So are you." He responds brushing off his sisters suprise.

"I always am at this hour. You however love to rest." Anne jokes.

"How's the babe?" He asks to change the subject.

"Luke." Annerys sighs.

"What?"

"Let us sit." She says as she leads him over to the sofa.

"I don't want to." He argues.

"Well i do. And i'm the elder so you have to do as i say."

Annerys doesn't waste any time once they're sat "You can't be affraid."

"I'm not." Lucerys huffs. Of course lying.

"Good." Annerys says bluntly. "We don't have room for your fear Luke. And i am sorry that it must be you that has to bear this burden but you do. And you can't show any weakness. Not today. Not ever again."

Luke looks at her with panicked eyes and she'd like to tell him not to worry that he'll be fine. But he won't. None of them will. So she says "Luke there is blood in the water and the sharks are circling us. One wrong move and that's it."

He nods at her and says "I promise I'll be brave. I won't flinch."  and Anne pulls her little brother into an embrace and he rests his head on her shoulder.

"I love you." She tells him.

"I'll keep everyone safe." He promises her.

"I know you will." Anne tells him because she knows he doesn't have any other choice, none of them do.
...

She leaves her brother. He will arrive with their family and she with her husband.  
Aegon is still sleeping when she arrives in his room. There is who she believes to be the wife of some minor Lord from the Westerlands lying naked next to him. She rolls her eyes at his antics, perhaps she should feel something more than irritated but fidelity is so far down on the list of things she needs or wants from her husband that the pinch she feels between her breasts at the sight is easily ignored.

Sits down next to him on the bed and softly says "Aegon. Aegon, wake up." As she strokes a hand across his face.

Quickly she becomes bored of this method so instead pinches his nose until he wakes up gasping.

"Good morning."  She says returning her gentle touch to his face feeling smug as he attempts to catch his breath.

"You know they're nicer ways you might wake me in the mornings." he says as nods his head towards his crotch.

"I think my way is more fun," she tells him through a smirk.

"I'd have to disagree." He argues. "Go on," he encourages as he jerks his head downwards once more.

She looks at him incredulously before looking pointedly at the naked woman laying beside him.

"And who is she compared to my wife?" he asks before he sits up and grabs her chin. "Come on. You do me and i'll do you." He offers before kissing her. 

He begins to unlace the front of her dress before she cups her hand over his and tells him "There's not the time. We need to leave."

"I've just woken up." He complains. 

"Yes I'm aware I did the waking." she tells him as she stands and searches for his clothes.

She throws his clothes at him. Which seems to finally wake up the slumbering girl next to him.

"Princess." She gasps the heaviness of her sleep quickly leaving her. "I was just..."

"Fucking my husband." Annerys fills in. "Although he finds himself in a rush so you can leave now."

She pulls Aegon's bed sheet around herself in a vain attempt to protect her modesty and slides from the bed "Yes, Princess." She says as she searches Aegon's room presumably after her discarded clothes.

"Now." Annerys demands.

"Princess." The girl says pitifully.

"Go."

And the redhead leaves the room with eyes full of tears.

"That was unusually unkind." Aegon smirks.

"I don't have time for kind." Anne says as she turns to face her Uncle. "And i'm never that kind to the women you fuck." Annerys confesses. It's nice there being someone to take her anger out on. She has to be polite and cordial to all the people that wrong her. But not the women that sleep with her promiscuous husband. A bit of curtness is expected from her to them. And she relishes in having someone to be rude to.

And if there is one thing Aegon has done for her it's give her plenty of girls to be unkind to.

Anne is practically dragging him by the arm like he's a dog on a leash through the halls of the Red Keep.  When she steps towards him and begins to fix his buttoning on his doublet. "You've missed a button." she reprimands.

"Annie, your hands are shaking." He tells her as he closes his hands around hers.

"Do you know what happens after today because I don't?" she admits.

"Annie, don't worry about it." He tells her.

"They're going to declare us bastards." Annerys continues. "We have dragons and they're going to declare us as illegitimate. Not Targaryens. Thats treason Aegon. Bastards have no right to a dragon. They'll kill us for it."

"They won't harm you." Aegon swears. "Not if they want me..."

"Of course they will." Annerys cuts him off. "They cannot allow my mother to have a number of claimed dragons at her back and this is how they get rid of them. Or what are you suggesting Otto Hightower just really cares about the integrity of House Velaryon?" Anne says.

"You're my wife. No harm will come to you." He vows.

"You think I'm afraid for myself?" Annerys says incredulously. "I'd rather die than see any harm befall my brothers."

He doesn't know what to say to her. It's not as though he can convince her otherwise. He does not know the words that could stop her loving her brothers or her mother. So he says "I wouldn't allow you to leave me."

Happy with his presentation and little else Anne has one final dust off of his doublet and pulls away from him and they carry on with their journey.

...

They enter the throne room hand in hand but Annerys quickly lets go once her family turn to look at them once they're announced.

They descended the steps and Anne makes a beeline to stand with her family and Aegon accepts it. Until he catches his Grandfather's glare and knows it will not be permitted. So he tugs at Anne's arm and hopes she doesn't put up a fight.

They have an audience.

She supposes this is what people will gossip about. Those lucky enough to witness their oncoming fall. All will hear about the heir's heirs being declared illegitimate but only those who have witnessed it will know of who's side her daughter chose.

Aegon's grip is determined and persistent so she acquiesces to it but not before turning and curtseying towards her mother as lowly as her pregnancy will allow. She then follows her husband's lead until she's a lonely black figure in a sea of green. 

And it begins.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters. The Crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." Otto Hightower says from atop of her grandfather's seat.

Vaemond moves closer to the hand "My queen. My lord Hand." Annerys rolls her eyes as he has come to the ruling family of the land to settle his dispute and neither of those he addresses are of that family. And yet the two cuckoo's in the nest get to decide their fate. "The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name. I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins." Vaemond says.

"As it does in my children, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon." Rhaenyra interrupts. "If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition."

"You will have chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard." Alicent says.

Anne thinks she takes joy in excreting power over those in weaker positions than herself. She seems to be taking some sort of satisfaction from diminishing her mother and belittling her. So Anne cannot help but turn her head and glare at the Queen.

"What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognize it. This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours. My queen, my lord Hand. This is a matter of blood, not ambition. I place the continuation of the survival of my house and my line above all. I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor... the Lord of Driftmark and Lord of the Tides." Vaemond finishes.

"Thank you, Ser Vaemond. Princess Rhaenyra, you may now speak for your son, Lucerys Velaryon."

Anne feels sick as her mother takes her place in front of the court. Aegon's words had only made her feel worse. And the ache of her final moon of pregnancy has managed to make the deciding of hers and her brothers fate unbearable. What happens if the Greens get their way? Does her life just fall apart at the seams as though it was some poorly made dress. Or will they all be executed. Will the Green's get their legitimate excuse to kill Rhaenyra and her heirs.

Her mother takes a deep breath strokes a hand her growing womb for some semblance of comfort and begins her fight for her sons claim and her children's lives "If I am to grace this farce with some answer, I will start by reminding the court that nearly 20 years ago, in this very..."

The doors creak open and Ser Erryk announces "King Viserys of House Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven." 

Annerys quietly gasps as she sees her grandfathers frail body make his way into the room as relief floods over her. And she leans back against Aegon's body. He wraps his hand around her upper arm and he whispers into her ear "she's won." Anne cannot quite tell what he means by that and can't figure out his tone. She turns her head slightly to look up at her Uncle, as the walking corpse that is the king continues to make his way into the room,

His face is blank but it's the first time it sinks in that they're not on the same side. A victory for her is a loss for him. And it makes her feel cold. She wants to push away from him. Instead she holds onto his hand that's holding her arm and waits for this to be over.

"I will sit the throne today." Viserys tells Otto.

"Your Grace." He replies as he descends the steps of the Iron Throne.

The Kings groans can be heard across the room and members of the Kingsguard rush to him "I will be fine. I will be fine." He pants as he continues his ascent for what will certainly be the last time. The crown topples from atop his head and Annerys sighs with pity for him. She has found him to be a useless and ineffective King but a kind and giving Grandfather and it pains her to see his pain. 

The Crown his the ground with a clatter and Daemon makes his way over. He reaches down to collect it  "I said I'm fine." Viserys repeats once more as he strains to collect his fallen crown. Before he notices his brother,

Annerys can tell something is being exchanged between the two brothers but she cannot tell what as her stepfather aids his elder brother up the precarious stairs. And places his ground back onto his head.

Viserys catches his breath and then says "I must... admit... my confusion. I do not understand why petitions are being heard over a settled succession. The only one present... who might offer keener insight into Lord Corlys's wishes is the Princess Rhaenys." Annerys finds herself shocked by that. Is he to truly trust their fates to a woman that Anne loves but does not trust.

"Indeed, Your Grace. It was ever my husband's will that Driftmark pass through Ser Laenor to his trueborn son... Lucerys Velaryon. His mind never changed." Rhaenys reveals. Annerys finally looks over to her younger brother and smiles at him. Her poor worried brother looks as though he might fall to the ground with relief. And he smiles tepidly back at her.

Rhaenys continues "Nor did my support of him. As a matter of fact, the Princess Rhaenyra has just informed me of her desire to marry her sons Jace and Luke to Lord Corlys's granddaughters, Baela and Rhaena. A proposal to which I heartily agree."

Viserys then says "well... the matter is settled. Again. I hereby reaffirm Prince Lucerys of House Velaryon as heir to Driftmark, the Driftwood Throne, and the next Lord of the Tides." 

Annerys smiles triumphantly glad the ordeal is settled and they are safe once more even if it is just for a short while. She steps forward to make her way over to her family and Aegon holds her tightly. She moves to shrug of his hold and he tells her "wait."

She's about to say something when Vaemond throws away all sense and begins his tirade.  "You break law... and centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir. Yet you dare tell me... who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon. No. I will not allow it." Vaemond exclaims dismayed as his and the Greens' plot falls apart around his feet.

"Allow it"? Do not forget yourself, Vaemond." Viserys warns. 

"That is no true Velaryon, and certainly no nephew of mine."

Sensing the direction this proceeding is about to take Rhaenyra tells her youngest present child "go to your chambers." And then to Lord Vaemond "You have said enough."

"Lucerys is my true-born grandson. And you... are no more than the second son of Driftmark." Viserys continue to defend. Annerys has never seen her grandfather the king like this, so proactive against the threats against his family. 

"You... may run your house as you see fit... but you will not decide the future of mine. My house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides. And gods be damned... I will not see it ended on the account of this..." and perhaps he finds his senses again as he stops himself.

Vaemond turns to her Great Uncle. Daemon has clearly said something to him that Annerys was too far away to hear.

And then Vaemond spins on his feet, finds his courage and shouts "her children... are bastards!" And the people of the court descend into a hushed chatter. 

Annerys steps back as though she is attempting to escape the accusation she hits Aegon's front and he weakly catches her in his arms more an instinctive response.

"And she... is... a whοre." And the noblemen present gasp.

"I... will have your tongue for that." Viserys promises as he pulls out his Valyrian steel dagger as though he means to do it himself.

All focus on the Kings proclamation Vaemonds execution is only discovered as his decapitated head falls to the ground with a thud and his headless body flops to the ground.

"He can keep his tongue." Daemon says casually and Annerys has never been more grateful for him.

"Disarm him!" Otto commands. Annerys isn't really sure who has more power the Hand of The King or an old Kings grandson. 

She does not get to find out as Daemon says "No need." Cleans off Dark Sister staining his black doublet with blood and walks back to her mother. 

Viserys groans in pain as he says back onto his metal chain.

Alicent rushes to her husband. Anne doesn't understand her grandmother eager to betray them all and yet she remains dutiful.

Alicent orders "call for  the maesters!"

"Father?" Rhaenyra worries.

"Please, my love. You must take something for the pain."

"I will not cloud my mind." Viserys pants. "I must put things right."

if it seems overly harsh towards Alicent that's because I typically write from Anne's pov and she does NOT like her 😭. Anne's feelings are biased against Alicent but I think they have good reason to be because of course Anne doesn't like her. I do try to write the characters as closely as I can to their cannon selves. And I think I do alright at it lol.

With Anne and Alicent I wanted their relationship to be interesting. Annerys has a lot of similarities with Alicent but because she doesn't like her she doesn't see them at all.

Anyway please leave any thoughts or questions in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 455 14
The eldest daughter of King Viserys and Queen Aemma was an intriguing woman the minute she was born. She had many accomplishments from her age yet sh...
176K 5.3K 36
When the family of Aegon the Conqueror came from the old Valyria, they brought with them a small group of people. A family with no name but with a si...
544K 18.3K 97
Like her mother, Princess Visenya Velaryon had grown closer with her uncle Aemond. The two children would often sneak away from their duties to play...
18.9K 580 15
𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘸𝘰. 𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘝𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭. 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘴...