The Alpha King's Slave (Book...

By AutumnShore1

Regal Eclipse Pack Series is now available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CT96742X?binding=kindle_edit... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 5

3.7K 158 2
By AutumnShore1

Days passed and Charlotte and Penny waited to find out their fate. The man from the rowboat, whose name they learned was Jasper, had come three times a day, bringing the girls meals. When Charlotte questioned him about the burning ship, he had just laughed and slammed the door in her face. She hadn't touched her meal and spent the next few days in bed, sobbing her heart out while Penny tried to console her.

Coming to terms with everything had been difficult for Charlotte. She'd gone from being a spoiled Baron's daughter and member of the aristocracy, to a kidnapped orphan.

Finally, Penny convinced her to eat again, and Charlotte faced the inevitable. She was alone. She was glad that her mother had insisted that Penny stay with her, but the loss of her family was almost completely overwhelming.

Charlotte and Penny spent their days either sleeping or reading the many books they found in a chest in the cabin. For Charlotte, the stories were a means of escape from the reality of the disaster her life has become. She ignored the barriers of society and treated Penny like her best friend, chatting openly with her during the day and sharing the bed with her at night. Penny was her only lifeline to her past, and she treasured the maid's company. There were nights when Charlotte had nightmares, seeing her family burning alive aboard the Mary Rose, while she watched, helpless to save them. She would wake up screaming, and Penny would comfort her.

After two weeks in the stuffy cabin, the ship finally docked. Charlotte and Penny waited, holding their breath to see what fate awaited them.

The door finally flew open, and the captain stood in the doorway, staring at them. He stepped aside, and four other men entered the room. Two of them grabbed Charlotte. She screamed and pushed at them, trying to fight them off, but they managed to get her arms behind her back, and tied together with a rope. A cloth sack was thrown over her head and pulled tightly around her neck before she was thrown over a shoulder, the wind knocked out of her as she was carried out.

"Penny!" She screamed over and over, the cry becoming a sob. She lost all sense of bearing after a bit until finally, her feet touched the ground and she went down, falling to her knees. She was immediately jerked to her feet and smacked hard across the face through the sack. Her head reeled back at the blow and her eyes watered.

"Don't damage her," she heard the captain shout.

She was pulled and pushed along, and tried her best to keep her balance. She could tell she was no longer on the ship, and her legs rebelled on dry land, making it difficult to keep herself upright.

After what felt like hours, they came to a stop. She could hear voices, but she couldn't understand what they were saying. Now what?

***

Roland Seely slowed his horse down as he approached the city. He was in desperate need of a hot bath and a warm bed in that order. He'd been traveling for a week now, and he was sure he looked and smelled like it. He entered the city, and urged his horse to pick up the pace. The slave trade was located in this part of the city, and Roland hated traveling through the area.

The scent of honey and cinnamon caught his attention, and he unknowingly slowed his horse down, as his wolf, Neo, perked up, his tail slowly swishing back and forth in curiosity.

He passed a long wall, and came to a stop at the open gate, glancing inside. Six men were standing around with two women. Both of the women were tied up, and being held by two of the men, while the others stood around talking.

Roland turned his horse into the small courtyard, stopped and dismounted. Of the two women, one was very well dressed, though her clothes look worse than his; while the other was also well dressed, but her clothes were much simpler.

'She's a maid,' his wolf murmured.

'To a wealthy family,' Roland agreed. 'I wonder how they ended up here.'

He knew the lovely scent that caught his attention and pulled him into a place he abhorred was coming from this beauty in front of him. She suddenly looked up and met his gaze, and he felt his heart stop as his wolf confirmed what he had suspected.

'Mate!'

The men dragged the women from the courtyard and into the home of the slaver. Roland stopped himself from following them. Everything within him, including Neo, was urging him to follow them but he knew he must be patient. He'd been so intrigued with her that he hadn't even listened into the conversation, but he recognized that most of the men were pirates and had probably kidnapped the women from a ship and brought them here to sell.

He glanced around at the slaver's ostentatious home and sighed inwardly. The man had made a fortune off of selling slaves, and it made Roland's stomach turn. He had never approved of slavery.

Finally, the pirates exited the house, followed by the slaver, still speaking to one of the pirates, whom Roland guessed was probably the captain.

The others walked past him, smiling to themselves at the small fortune they had made at the expense of the two women. They glanced at him, and some sneered his way on their way past.

Roland smirked at them. I'm the stuff from your nightmares, boys.

'Pathetic weak stinky humans,' Neo rolled his eyes at them.

Roland turned his attention back to the slaver, and saw him shake hands with the captain. The man walked by him, and the slaver finally turned to Roland. He watched the man look him up and down and a look of disgust passed over his features before he could conceal it.

Roland looked the man up and down himself and felt disgusted as well. He was dressed like a peacock in bright colors and rich fabrics covering his rotund figure. His teal turban had a large stone in the center and rings decorated each finger. All signs of his wealth. Roland had a feeling this man had come from nothing, and had made his fortune at the misfortune of others.

'Can we just kill him and take her?' Neo asked hopefully.

'He's human,' Roland needlessly reminded him. 'And well known throughout the city. I think someone would notice his disappearance.'

"How can I help you, Sir?" the slaver asked.

"Good afternoon, Sir. My name is Roland and I was passing by your estate when I noticed the beauty of the two women that were just brought in."

Neo snorted. 'Did you even notice the other one?'

"I am interested in the dark haired girl." Roland watched the slaver look him over again and smirk. He knew what the man saw. His dusty clothes, while not peasant clothes, were also not the finest obtainable either. He had dressed for comfort while he was traveling, and he frankly did not care what others thought of him. If he wished to dress to impress, he could wear the finest frock and fit in with kings, but today he was not out to impress anyone. But he knew at that moment, his dress would work against him.

The slaver looked him over carefully, assessing each and every detail before rendering his verdict. "You think you can afford her?"

Roland smirked at the man. "Name your price."

Baki was having an internal debate. The captain had brought him the English woman, claiming that her companion was her maid, and that she would fetch a higher price with her own maid. The moment he laid eyes on her, he knew she was exactly what he was looking for, and he already had a buyer in mind, a client he owed a favor to. His client had come to him six months ago, requesting a certain type of woman. His request had an expiration date, and that date was fast approaching. When Baki had laid eyes on the beautiful blond the captain had brought him, he knew she would be perfect and had already sent word to his client.

He had thought to include her maid at an additional cost, but he had no idea if his client would be interested in her. This man was though, and Baki knew he could get more for the little maid if he sold her by herself. Being greedy, he quickly came up with an amount and named it to Roland. "I cannot guarantee that she is a virgin though, my lord."

Roland hid his annoyance at discussing such things with the disgusting man, instead choosing to focus on the amount the man wanted. He had no idea if the man was asking an exorbitant amount or not, but he'd pay any price to free her. "I'll pay what you ask, however I don't carry that amount on me. It will take me a few hours to gather it. But you will have your money before the end of the night. Of that you have my word."

Baki nodded. "Until then." If this Roland never returned, he'd sell the little maid to someone else. While she wasn't quite as beautiful as the English lady, she was still a beautiful English woman herself and someone would pay handsomely for her. Better yet if she was a virgin.

Roland nodded to the slaver. "I'll be back." he mounted his horse and left the courtyard before picking up his pace. The amount was quite a bit, but he'd pay whatever he had to. It wouldn't hurt him at all, and he would finally have his mate, if she didn't hate him for purchasing her. He knew it was a possibility. He had no intention of keeping her against her will. Unfortunately for him, since she was not a highborn lady, she had a better chance of her family wanting her back. She wouldn't be an embarrassment with no chance of marriage now.

***

When the ladies first arrived at Baki's home...

The bag was removed from her head and Charlotte blinked in the light, her eyes trying to adjust to the brightness.

The captain was standing nearby with another man she had never seen before. He was dressed differently from the rest, in bright colors, his dress reminding her of a book she had read once with a story that took place in the East.

She glanced around and spotted Penny off to the side and breathed a sigh of relief. Charlotte knew she could be separated from her at any time, and that would be devastating.

The man in the strange dress came forward and grabbed hold of her chin, turning her face to look at her cheek.

"Who damaged her?" He angrily questioned the Captain, who stood there stoically staring at one of his men. Had her face bruised?  "Bring her inside. I need to inspect her."

They had been standing in a courtyard, with flowers and trees unlike anything Charlotte had ever seen before. The two men dragged her into a large airy room that was still open to the outside

The floors were ceramic tile and the room richly decorated. The man led them into a small room off to the right. There was no window inside. Two small lamps sat on tables on either side of the room casting a bit of light. A long table sat in the middle of the room covered with a blanket.

"Put her on the table," she heard the man say.

Suddenly she was picked up and laid on the long table. She struggled, but her two captors held her down. The man in the Eastern dress pulled her skirts up, and she began to struggle harder. He pulled it all the way up to her waist, and she screamed. A hand clamped down over her mouth, She closed her eyes as she felt the man touch her causing the same uncomfortable pressure and burning sensation again between her legs. Bile rose in her throat and before she could stop it, she threw up all over one of her captors.

"You Whore!" He yelled and slapped her hard.

Charlotte cried out at the force of the slap and the captain grabbed his man's hand. "Enough! You cost me money and I will kill you." He turned back to the man who had just violated her. "I apologize, Baki, my friend"

"No matter. I have confirmed that she is a virgin. Let us discuss our terms."

The men all left the room, leaving Charlotte behind. She swallowed at the pain, then got up off the table, tears running down her cheeks away as she touched the spot he had hit. She'd never been slapped before. She ignored the uncomfortable sensation between her legs completely, refusing to acknowledge it. She hurried over to the door and grabbed the handle. Locked. Of course.

The sound of the door handle turning made her take several steps back in surprise. Penny was pushed into the room.

Charlotte hurried over and wrapped her arms around the girl. "What's happening to us?"

Penny hugged her back. "I overheard the pirates talking. I think we are being sold to this man."

Charlotte stepped back and looked at Penny. "What will we do?"

"I don't know what we can do, Miss. We don't even know where we are," Penny whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 8.9K 67
Book 3 of the Regal Eclipse Series This book contains spoilers for Book 1 - Alpha King's Missing Mate and Book 2 - The Alpha King's Slave After wi...
1M 31.2K 62
Regal Eclipse Pack Series is now available on Kindle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CT96742X?binding=kindle_edition&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tkin Book 1 of...
11.6K 125 7
Jade Mason was kidnapped when she was four years old. She was used, abused and tortured for fourteen years by a rogue alpha, so what will she do when...
154K 8.3K 55
*Book 1 of the Destined Series* Every year, King Alder opens the doors of the Royal Prison for people to find, among others, their fated mates. Ever...