Masked Love -Mattheo Riddle

By Lyra_Nightshade

[MAJOR EDITING GOING ON] Two broken souls with glass hearts, who despise each other with a passion, meet once... More

Cast
Background info
1. Invitations
2. Nightshade Manor
3. The Masquerade Ball  pt. I
4. The Masquerade Ball pt. II
5. The Masquerade Ball pt. III
6. Nocturnal birds
7. 'To, my Nightingale'
8. Dream or a Nightmare?
9. Love, your Raven
10. Love, your Nightingale
11. Depressing train ride
12. Uninvited
13. The Slytherin Party pt. I
14. The Slytherin Party pt.2
15. The Slytherin Party pt.3
16. The Slytherin Party pt.4
17. The Slytherin Party pt.5
18. The Slytherin Party pt.6
19. Missing
20. A hickey?
21. The Room of Requirements
22. Havoc
23. Letters from no one
24. The Plan (timeskip)
25. Acceptance
26. Fate?
27. Please read!
New Chatacters
28. The Second Ball pt.1
29. The Second Ball pt.2
31. Pansy Holmes and Astoria Watson
32. Girl to girl talk
33. Persuasion
34. Grief and Acceptance
35. Plotting
36. Distraught
37. Plan in action
38. Revelations
39. Beginning of War
40. The Pensieve
41. Ending of war pt. 1
42. Ending of war pt. 2
43. Eventful
44. Preparations
45. The Final Ball
Epilogue
Author's note
Plots I didn't include

30. The Second Ball pt.3

1K 23 46
By Lyra_Nightshade

The last chapter was insane, I got carried away, but I think y'all liked it so I'll try to get carried away more often.

Ily
——————-

Lyra's POV :

It was surreal.

Everything about him felt surreal.

From his electric touch to his sweet gestures.

This man was something else.

His eyes, shine with such affection, as if there was only good in this world, his sweet smile that made my legs weak, his curly chocolate hair that framed his face to perfection, his scars which added to his attractiveness, his sweet adorable words that either made me laugh or blush like crazy.

No boy ever had this effect on me.

If I could I'd make this night last forever.

As much as I want to give him my identity, I knew it wasn't safe, and at a time like this, feelings could lead to complications.

He held me tight, as if one slip and he'll lose me  forever.

His warm sweet lips pressed against mine passionately.

His scent devouring me and the adrenaline pushing me closer to insanity.

I craved this, and by the looks of it so did he.

He groaned into the kiss and I softly moaned.

He slowly pulled away to catch his breath and I just noticed my breathing was unsteady as well.

One hand wrapped around my waist, the other softly caressing my cheek, forehead pressed against mine.

The breeze played with my hair, and sent his scent through the night.

"Do you like it?" His voice was low.

"Hm?" I asked.

"The pendant."

I looked down at it and smiled.

"Yes. Thank you."

He smiled widely.

"Did you umm, mean it?" I asked shyly

"Mean what?"

"All the things you said while we were dancing?" I blushed.

A silence spread between us.

"Every word." He whispered and I blushed harder and his my face in his chest by instinct.

He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me.

I probably blushed more tonight than I ever had in my life.

He suddenly pulled me towards him and I tripped on my heels in the grass and fell, pulling him with me and landed on the grass, with him underneath me and my head on his chest and his arms around me.

I looked up to see him looking down at me with a smile.

I was directly lying on top of him, with my head on his chest.

I blinked, I was about to get up, but he pulled me down on top of him again.

Our faces were inches apart this time.

I tilted my head in confusion, he only smiled.

He rolled me next to him and held my waist firmly, his touch sending me butterflies.

He turned to me and I looked up at him.

Everything was so quiet, so peaceful.

We were lying down on the grass next to each other, faces inches apart under the starlit night.

He gently tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

He pressed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes, holding me firmly close to him.

I closed my eyes to let my mind wander and process all the amazing emotions I was feeling.

I heard him whisper, "I never want to let go."

"Then don't." I whispered back as I opened my eyes.

"You said it yourself, this can't happen right now, 'we' can't happen right now.

I sighed, touched his face with my fingertips, playing with his soft curls.

"Promise me."

My eyes snapped back to his.

"Promise me, after all this is over, I never have to let go?"

I sighed, his words spreading a light pink tint across my cheeks.

"I promise."

He smiled, he gently pecked me on the lips before getting up and helping me sit up.

"What time is it?" I asked.

He looked down at his watch.

"Almost nine."

O shit.

I had promised the girls I'd dance with them.

"I-I have to go."

"What? But it's not even midnight yet." His face fell, and my heart sank, but I knew I couldn't stay.

"I can't stay."

"Surely you can stay another hour." He pleaded.

I couldn't exactly say no, who knows when I'll see him again.

"How about fifteen minutes?" I said.

His face lightened a bit, but he still didn't look very pleased.

"Alright." He smiled a half hearted smile.

I smiled back.

We were seated next to each other, still on the grass.

He looked ahead at the sky and nudged closer to me and wrapped his arm around me, sending me butterflies as I moved closer to him.

No words were exchanged, only silence, a comforting silence.

We just stared up at the night sky, observing the stars.

I rested my head on his shoulder, I felt safe with him.

He nudged closer to me so that I'd be comfortable, and his warmth and scent engulfed me.

This went on for quite some time, it's the most I've been at peace for a long time.

It was time, if I waited any longer, Jessica and Pansy would've cut a chunk of my hair off while I was asleep.

I lifted my head and he turned to me and frowned, clearly upset from the lack of my touch.

I got up and he did to.

I gave him a sad smile, only this time he didn't smile back.

"I guess this is goodbye huh?" I said sadly.

He remained silent for quite some time.

"It doesn't have to be." He says, now a look of anger taking place of his usual sweet smile.

"You know we can't."

"It's not fair."

"I know, but I can't do anything about it." I was about to turn around to leave when.

"Please don't." Now desperation and hurt shone in his voice.

I turned back to him and inched closer to him and held his face in my hands.

"I promise, one day I won't." Even with heels he was a lot taller than me, so I reached up on my toes and pecked him on the lips as he stared intensely into my eyes.

I slowly inched back while he kept staring with hurt, and disappointment in his eyes.

I gave him one last smile which he still didn't return and turned around, my eyes glossy for some reason.

I shook off the feeling and headed towards the ballroom to find Pansy dancing with Blaise, Astoria talking with Ezra for some reason, Eliana dancing with some guy I've never seen before, Marcus watching her intensely, Jessica nowhere to be found and Kayla flirting with some guy. Disgusting.

I wonder where Mattheo is.

Not like I care.

I saw Enzo and Theodore in the corner, drinks in hand, chatting.

I decided to bother them for a change.

I walked up to them and Enzo smiled at me and Theodore kept a straight face.

I took off my mask first so that they'd recognize me.

"Hi guys, what are you two up to?" I said in the fakest voice possible.

"What do you want Nightshade?" Said Theodore while Enzo nudged him and passed me a drink from the table.

As much as they both hated to admit, they didn't hate me. Other than the fact Riddle hates me, they don't have a reason.

Enzo and I have been in many umm adventures together. Including playing pranks with the Weasley twins. Theodore and I haven't been as close, although we haven't had many hateful encounters either.

"Play nice Theo, what can we do for you angel?" Enzo winked.

I smiled at him, when he's not with Mattheo, he's a real sweetheart.

"Nothing much, I'm just bored at the moment. Got anything to spite my interest?"

"Well, I could offer you a dance?" Enzo smirked.

"What a gentleman, how can I turn down such a gracious offer." I curtseyed.

He chuckled and held out his hand for me while putting his drink down.

I put my mask back on and took his hand and dragged him to the dance floor.

We danced for around an hour and finally I went back to my room.

I took off my heels, dress, mask, opened my hair, I was about to head into the shower when I remembered I was wearing his pendant. I admired it for some time, then took it off. It wasn't for everyday use, it might get damaged.

I tucked it it a handkerchief and carefully placed it in my drawer.

I stepped into the shower and let the water run down my body feeling amazing, then I finally stepped out, got changed, and went to bed to get my well deserved rest.

Who knows what the girls might do to me tomorrow.

———————————

Ily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 51.4K 92
𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮, 𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙥𝙚 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝. "𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙀𝙣𝙯𝙤, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙘�...
27.8K 223 20
Just like what you see on TikTok only it's here. Everything I write is original even though some of the writing may look plagiarized, it's not. repea...
164K 2.2K 53
Rylin Riddle, twin of Mattheo Riddle, younger sister of Tom Riddle. The siblings have never met their father and only know the haunting stories of hi...