Why Even Try (Book 1 of 4)

By 5654wdh

Loki, Thor, Sif, the warriors and ... you! How did the Odinson's and the warriors become friends? And what i... More

Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Thor's Heart
Chapter 3 - Not So Fast
Chapter 4 - This Can't Be Happening
Chapter 5 - The Day has Come
Chapter 6 - I Made It
Chapter 7 - Feeling more Aware
Chapter 8 - Reunion of Sorts
Chapter 9 - I Need to Wrap this up
Chapter 10 - Trying Something New
Chapter 11 - A Tragedy at the Palace
Chapter 12 - Waiting on Word
Chapter 13 - Beginning To Heal
Chapter 14 - Getting Better
Chapter 15 - Jolly Good
Chapter 16 - This Feeling is Disgusting
Chapter 17 - I Am Your Prince Too
Chapter 18 - Loki's Poems
Chapter 19 - The Prince's Dance
Chapter 20 - I Will See You Tomorrow
Chapter 21 - Finding Out Something Interesting
Chapter 22 - I am Going to Take Care of You
Chapter 23 - I Know You Care, But...
Chapter 24 - Taking A Day Off from Practice
Chapter 25 - What Could Have Happened to Him?
Chapter 27 - Nothing But Trouble
Chapter 28 - A Strange Way to Return
Chapter 29 - Needing More Time
Chapter 30 - Someone New
Chapter 31 - I Can't Believe That Happened
Chapter 32 - Waiting For the Next Time
Chapter 33 - Trying to Figure Out What to do Next
Chapter 34 - What Does This Mean?
Chapter 35 - It Means Everything
Chapter 36 - But Why Not?
Chapter 37 - Not the Best Idea
Chapter 38 - What Do We Do Now?
Chapter 39 - I Will Always Be Here For You
Chapter 40 - The Next Morning
Chapter 41 - The Nightmares Continue
Chapter 42 - Needing to Show Him
Chapter 43 - Feeling Safe At Last
Chapter 43 - One More Dance
Chapter 44 - So Much To Say
Chapter 45 - How Could So Much Have Gone So Wrong, So Quickly?

Chapter 26 - Will You Help Me?

18 2 0
By 5654wdh

Nervously I begin to pace, I know what she has to be thinking; she knows of the argument that Loki and I had. How do I explain the condition of him, in my bed? He came to me and not his own mother...my thoughts continue to swirl until I see Frigga and my mom enter the room. Stopping and trying to compose myself, I bow.

"Dear girl..." Frigga laughs and comes over to me, "why the formality?"

"I uh...." I stammer and begin to shake.

"F/n, what is wrong? You are usually calm and collected." She moves and takes my hand to lead me to the couch.

"Please tell me..." she says, "Has Loki upset you? Are you and he still quarreling? He's been so distraught lately, but that is a discussion we can have for another time."

I start to cry and she pulls me to her in a hug letting me sob softly.

"I.... I need to show you something..." I say,

She nods and stands with me as I lead her to my room. The shock on her face as runs to Loki's side and hugs him.

"How did he get here? When? How long?" she questions me and sees the tears begin to moisten my eyes.

"My Queen..." I begin and she gives me a look as if to tell me to stop being so formal.

Nodding and smiling I tell her everything that Loki told me and she listens intently. She runs her hands through Loki's hair.

"Frigga," I begin, "I am so sorry for the argument that Loki and I had, and that it lead to him being in this condition. I ...."

She stands and approaches me with a ferocity I had no idea she had. For a moment I am terrified of what she is going to do me. It's like she thinks I did this to him. Almost like she can get back at my mom for when she held a dagger to Loki's neck on my behalf. Frigga wraps her arms around me in a hug.

"My dear girl, this is in no way your fault." She says, " I am just so pleased that even after all you and he have been through, he could still come to you."

She turns to look at her youngest son.

" Could you wake him for me please?"

"How, do you... um know that ...I?" I ask her and she smiles at me.

"I know a sleeping draught when I see it... and it looks quite good. It is giving him the rest he needs. It looks as though it acted quickly."

"So you know how I have to...uh wake him..." I say and she nods, my mother nods too.

"I suspect it was the only way to give him the draught so quickly," she says, "that's the funny thing about sleeping draughts, they need to be removed in the way they were administered if not allowed to run their course."

How embarrassing, but I deserve it...

Sighing I crawl in to my bed and sit next to Loki. Placing my hands on his face and admire his beauty before I wake him. Even with the deep purples from the bruises he still is incredibly handsome. I reach up to touch his injuries that have started to heal some, but still look like they hurt.

I was terrible to him for no reason, ok really there was a reason. He did hold me in his rooms, but he did it for a reason. For me to heal, and now I get to repay him, if he will let me.

"Are you sure you don't want to let him sleep?" I say with hope.

"I would like to speak with my son, dear...If you don't mind." Frigga asks kindly.

Looking over to my mom and Frigga they smile and nod encouragingly at me. They know that this is not easy for me, and I suspect partly because of how it might force me to admit my feelings for Loki. I pull him up to a sitting a position, and hold onto his shirt to keep him there. He is so relaxed he is nothing but a noodle. Returning my gaze to him, I close the distance and place my lips on his. I hold him there until I feel him begin to respond. I can feel him wrap his arms around me, his lips part, and I do the same to him. It takes a moment or two before we realize what we are doing then we pull apart.

"Mmmm," he mumurs up against my lips; and goes in for another quick peck.

"I think I could get used to waking up that way." He says.

The moms giggle at his response and he looks at me with a little bit of shock and embarrassment in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Loki, it's the only way to wake you..." I say apologetically, "and I am sorry for giving you a sleeping draught. But your mom is here, let me help you."

Standing from my bed, I move slowly to help him sit back against the headboard, and prop him up with pillows; I hand him some water before Frigga runs to him and embraces him. As they sit and talk, my mom and I quietly leave the room. Loki and his mom speak in my bedroom, and my mom and I talk by the fireplace in our shared sitting room. As talk with my mom, things inside of me begin to change, I cannot quite place it, but I just start to feel different about everything. Moments later, Frigga comes out of the room, with Loki walking slowly behind her.

"Are you ok?" I ask and he nods.

"Yes. I am quite fine, thanks to you" he says. "I just wanted to sit out here with you lovely ladies."

"If it is ok with you," Frigga begins, "Loki would like to stay here for the night if possible...."

Loki looks nervous as Frigga makes this request, and she notices his uneasiness.

"Or...if you would be so kind as to stay with him in his rooms?" she asks me.

"Oh, I... either would be fine, I mean, I guess which you think is going to be best for you to heal Loki" I say and he just eyes me.

"Would you...." he clears his throat then looks at me, "would you be so kind as to allow me to stay here for the night?"

Frigga gently rubs his back as he stands and sheepishly asks to stay. I hesitate for a moment, but I can see the pleadingly look in his eyes. He is asking for help and is also terrified of going home. Eventually I nod.

"Of course Loki," I say, "you can stay as long as you need..."

Frigga hugs Loki and then leaves. Kathalia walks her to her chambers, and I guide Loki to sit on the couch by the fireplace.

"Did you tell her who did this to you?" I ask him point blank.

"No, I didn't" he says

"Why don't you want to go to your own rooms?" I ask him, "I mean your mom could probably take better care of you than I could."

Rising from my seat on the couch, I walk over to the fireplace, and touch the flowers that Cedrin had given me. He sent them to me in the hall during breakfast, which lead to an evening of fun with the warriors.

It was only last night, and I had such a good time, and Loki wasn't there...

Turning and smiling at Loki's words I nod like I have been listening to him since he started, but I have no idea what he has said. Letting my fingers trail off of the flowers, my hand drops to my side and I can see that my pajamas are still stained with Loki's blood. He continues to talk as my mind wanders. Using my magic I change into some of my short satin pajamas and fluffy socks.

"Loki, come on, you're tired, and need rest...." I say,

"Oh, um.. yes, of course" he says sadly. "But really, I am safer here with you, you take such good care of me."

We walk to my room, and I help him under the covers. He lays back and pulls the covers up to and I reach up and touch his face.

"Good night Loki," I say and turn out the lights and leave the room.

"Oh, are you not...?" He begins and I shake my head.

"I will be on the couch if need anything... " I respond.

He is confused as to why I basically tucked him in and them left him. Walking out to the sitting room and staring straight into the fire, I get lost in my thoughts.

Loki and I kissed, twice. It was my fault because I gave him the draught, and in order for it to work quickly that was the only way for him to take it. I couldn't have put it in his tea-he would have sensed it. But what is really bothering me?

"Oh F/n, I thought you would be asleep..." my mom says as she returns from Frigga's chambers.

Smiling at her, I nod, and grab a blanket to cover myself with and lay on the couch. The glow and warmth of the fireplace quickly lulls me to sleep. But even in sleep, my mind races about Loki, Thor, Cedrin and everything else. 

As morning dawns, I stretch and realize that I am on the couch. My mom has left a note stating that she will be back in a little bit. Since last I knew Loki was sleeping in my room, I pad lightly through our thick and soft dark blue carpet to my mom's chambers to use her bathroom to get ready for the day. My mom's rooms are so peaceful and I remember coming in here as a child to curl up when I was scared; especially after my dad died.

After dressing in a navy blue sleeveless casual gown, I pull the sides of my hair back, finish my make up and grab my healer's cloak before checking on Loki. I have to treat some patients today. Quietly knocking on the door, I walk in and see that Loki is still sleeping quietly.

He looks so peaceful. I enjoyed kissing him, and cannot ignore the feelings that I felt when we kissed. But I want to give a relationship with Cedrin a try, I think, only because I have only really been around Loki.

I scrawl a quick note to Loki, and leave it on the night stand. I prepare his clothes for him and lay them on the chair in my room and then leave for the day. Once I close the door, Loki's eyes open, and turn to where I just left the room.

Why didn't she wake me? I need her help to get up and move. I need her...but I feel her slipping away.

Loki sighs and grunts, reads my note with a smile and then showers. Once he leaves my purple room, he walks into the sitting room and greets my mother. They chat for a bit and then she asks what Loki is planning to do today.

"Honestly, Lady Kathalia I was unaware that F/n had to work in the healers ward today," he lowers his eyes, "I was hoping that I would be able to spend some time with her."

My mother smiles, and carefully thinks about what she is going to say. Loki looks so calm and peaceful here, and she knows it is because this is where I live. She knows of his feelings for me and she suspects that I feel the same. Since she is a mother, she does not want to see me chose Loki as a husband without having dated others. But she knows deep down that no one would have a chance with either of us.

"Loki, " She begins, but is interrupted as I walk through the door. "Oh, I didn't expect to see you home so early dear."

"I didn't expect to be home so soon either Mom, but ...." I trail off and wipe a tear.

Turning back to them, they can see the bruise on my left eye. Loki runs to me as quickly as he can and attempts to pick me up and carry me to the couch, but he cannot because of his injuries. They both guide me to the couch and ask what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 1 1
A glimpse into Loki's life before he began feeling animosity towards his brother, Thor. What kind of impact did a childhood friend have on Loki? And...
6.1K 257 68
**Smut/Slow burn** TLDR: Loki teaches you magic and it's all downhill from there... Long before the fall, Prince Loki's first wonderful mistake was...
73.2K 1.6K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
3.8K 226 50
It all began with you crashlanding on Earth. Having no memory of prior events you end up gaining the help of those who call themselves the Avengers...