Reflection

By lexiechans

Book # 3 (Sequel to "Just Look At Me") Senior year at Mackenzie High School is over for Amy Wilkes with all... More

New Story Info
Chapter 1 Engagement Ring
Chapter 2 Sorry
Chapter 3 Forming New Bonds
Chapter 4 Hurt Again
Chapter 5 Fight
Chapter 6 Moving Out
Chapter 7 Sweet Conversation
Chapter 8 Not a Goodbye
Chapter 9 Not Giving Up
Chapter 10 Long Distance Relationship Issues
Chapter 11 Inner Battle
Chapter 12 Curse
Chapter 13 New Encounter
Chapter 14 Just Say Yes
Chapter 15 Helpful Friend
Chapter 16 Belle Of The Ball
Chapter 17 Break Up
Chapter 18 X-effect
Chapter 19 A Touching Gift
Chapter 20 Visiting
Chapter 21 Back Home
Chapter 22 A Non Common Thanksgiving
Chapter 23 Life Surprises
Chapter 24 Heartbreak
Chapter 25 Uncertain
Chapter 26 It's Done
Chapter 27 The Thief
Chapter 28 Saying It Aloud
Chapter 29 A Second Chance
Chapter 30 Abduction
Chapter 31 Puzzled
Chapter 32 Decisions
Chapter 33 Mending Mistakes
Chapter 34 Opportunities
Chapter 35 Targets
Chapter 36 Challenge
Chapter 37 Thrilling Birthday
Chapter 38 Walk Away
Chapter 39 Broken Ties
Chapter 40 Open Your Heart
Chapter 41 Acceptance
Chapter 42 Love Is In The Air
Chapter 43 The Other Son
Chapter 44 Entrepeneur
Chapter 45 Stalker
Chapter 47 Looking Back
Chapter 48 Perfect Stranger
Chapter 49 The Heart Wants What It Wants
Chapter 50 Family Feud

Chapter 46 Reconnected

1 0 0
By lexiechans

"it's nice to know you are still playing soccer, you were always doing great at the court." Helen said as she finished the last from her salad. 

"Thanks, but I wasn't that good. And I played mostly for fun. I still do. Would you like to go to one of my games? "

" Sounds fun. Thanks for inviting me."

"Feel free to wear your cheerleader uniform. Would be thrilling."

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have my cheerleader uniform anymore. It reminded me of who I was back then in high school, and I'm not proud of it. I sold it to a costume store."

"I apologize, I was trying to make a joke." he answered with shame on his voice.

" Don't. You didn't say anything wrong. I am trying to be a new person and be nice, polite and be a better version of myself."

"That's really grown up of you. I'm glad I saw you today. I propose a toast."

"We only have water." she answered whispering and looking at the glasses on the table.

"Doesn't matter to new beginnings."  he said raising his glass.

They both clinked their glasses, not noticing that they were being observed. After an hour they left exchanging phone numbers and gave each other a hug.

As soon Paige saw her father, she gave him a huge hug as she carried her small luggage. Every time she saw she felt as if it had been years since the last time, she would see him.

"How was your flight?" he asked walking next to her.

"I felt it short, how are you?"

"Really glad you are here. Are you hungry?"

"We can go for a bite."

Michael helped her get the suitcase inside the car while driving to a Mexican restaurant. They sat down while ordering their drinks and their food. Paige was eager to ask him what he wanted to ask him what he wanted to tell her about Victoria. She was curious on how serious he was with her but decided to wait for him to mention the theme.

"Dad, I need a masculine opinion."

"Sure pumpkin, what is it?" he said sipping his drink.

" I don't have much experience with guys, but why would Jesse not want help from me? I have offered him money to help him, but he seems so proud to take it."

" He might be proud and doesn't feel well taking your money. But it's something respectable from him, it shows how he's not scamming you or taking advantage of you. He wants to do it on his own."

"But I want to support him. He's modeling to pay culinary school and hopes to have his own restaurant someday."

"There are other ways to support, not only financially. After he has a long day, listen to him. Sometimes we just need someone to talk to. It helps a lot after a long day."

"For real?"

"Sure. I help great after talking with Victoria, she tells me all about her day and I do with mine. It's refreshing for both of us. You know, I see a future with her. I have never felt like this, not after your mom. In fact, I am thinking about telling her to move together."

"Dad, don't you think you are rushing?" she said raising an eyebrow.

"Why, you like her. Don't you?" he answered a bit alarmed. 

"I do, and you know Jeremy is my friend. But you have been dating for not too long. And where would you live? In our house?"

"Sure, we have space. You know it."

"Okay, but what will you do when Jeremy or I come visit for example on this time of the year? Where would the two of us sleep since we only have one spare room? You have a lot to consider before taking a huge decision like this."

" I guess I hadn't considered you and Jeremy. You are right pumpkin, thank you."

After her mom left, her dad never thought in dating again, not that he ever could as he had a drinking problem. But he seemed to have strong feelings for Victoria, and it helped her wonder if he had considered marrying her. 

Jeremy couldn't stop thinking about what Amy had told him, and she had been right in everything she had said. If he wanted to tell Dana he suspected her boyfriend was cheating he needed proof, otherwise Dana would misunderstand it as a way of wanting to get back with her. He looked for Liam's Instagram account and read how he was on his way to a play was about to be presented. He copied the address and told his mom he would be back soon. It was a public park where people were seated on blankets placed on the grass. He looked around looking for Liam, and he saw him seated with the same girl from previous time. He put on his sunglasses to not be easily noticed as he sat close to them.

"I'm hungry, want an ice cream?" the brunette said. 

"Sure. Vanilla." he said.

"You are so predictable." she answered with a snort.

"So are you, you'll buy chocolate. Am I wrong?"

"Whatever, I'll be right back." she answered walking away. 

Ten minutes back she was back with the ice creams and the movie started. Jeremy notices how she would place her head towards his shoulder, and he seemed unbothered by it. There were certainly very close and seemed to be enjoying each other's company. After thirty minutes the girl whispered something in his ear, gave him a kiss on the cheek, and left again. Something in Jeremy couldn't make him react and sat next to him. 

"Hey Liam." he said taking of his glasses.

"Do we know each other?" Liam said studying his face. 

"I'm Jeremy. Dana's ex."

"Oh. Yeah, I remember you now. I saw you once when I was leaving her house."

"What the heck is he doing here?"

"Can I have a word with you? I'll be brief."

"Sure, what is it?" 

"Please stop cheating on Dana, she doesn't deserve it."

Jeremy was expecting him to get upset and yell, but instead he just chuckled, as if he had just heard a joke and somehow that made Jeremy angry. 

"I'm not cheating on Dana, where did you get that from?" he asked lowering his voice. 

"I have seen you twice with the girl that just left, and it's clear you are not just friends."

"True. She's more than my friend. She's my twin. Her name is Lindsay. Dana knows her. If you don't believe me, you can ask any of them."

Liam seemed genuinely sincere, but he could be a good liar. Jeremy decided to get into his mind to see his memories, and he indeed saw one that included Dana, Liam and Lindsay. They were seated together at a restaurant talking. 

"Liam always talks so nice about you, he adores you." Dana was saying as she waved her hair backwards. 

"He better be, otherwise, I would smack him for badmouthing me." Lindsay said looking at her brother.

"Just because you are three minutes older than me doesn't means I owe you anything. " he answered snorting.

"You owe respect since I'm your older sister." she said playfully bumping him with her shoulder. 

"Wasn't it enough for you to hit me on mom's womb?" he said bumping her back.

"You were the one who probably kicked me with your gigantic feet." 

"You two are hilarious, it must be nice to have a twin." Dana said shaking her head as she laughed.

Jeremy saw what he needed to see and got out from his mind, clearly Liam was saying the truth and couldn't help feeling guilty for suspecting him. 

"Are you all right? Seems like you blanked out. " Liam asked.

"I'm good. Sorry for the disturbance, I had it all wrong. Would you mind not telling..."

"Dana about this? No worries, I won't tell her anything. She can be a bit intolerable when she gets mad. Neither wants that."

Jeremy couldn't help laugh with what he said. He was a nice guy, and it made him understand what Dana saw on him. He said goodbye and left returning home. 

Amy was finishing one of her essays for that week, when her aunt knocked her room door bringing her a chicken sandwich and a glass of orange juice. 

"I thought you would be hungry."

"Thanks Aunt Beth. I appreciate it." she answered taking a sip. 

"No worries. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Are you all right?" Aunt Beth said sitting next to her. 

"Why?"

"I feel you distant, as if something is worrying. It happened the same with your mom, I would be able to guess whenever something bothered her. Is something bothering you?"

Amy felt guilty lying to her, but she knew she couldn't share the truth with her. She was not wanting to worry her with what she spoke with Jeremy. If her suspicions were real her aunt could be in danger. If not, she would worry her for nothing. Besides, remembering Jeremy's words they just be aware and not think too much of it since their suspicions could not be real. 

"I just have been busy with homework; it has been exhausting. I feel I never get to end."

"Don't push yourself too much. Your health is way more important than any school work. I have an idea, both of us should go to a spa place I know. It will help you relax."

"Thanks, it sounds wonderful." Amy said giving her a hug.

"You are welcome, I'll go to bed now. Sweet dreams."

Amy laid on her bed thinking on her aunt's words. She clearly needed to stop overthinking everything and let go her negative feelings. Her eating and sleeping habits changed, and she knew it could make her sick. She decided to listen some soothing sounds to go to bed, she was so focused she didn't listen to a text message notification. 

C: Guess what Sugarpie? I'll be arriving in two days. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
1.1M 36.8K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...