Re: Life in a new world as a...

By UltraLily

One day a guy meet his tragic end... Until he got genderbent into the body of Saber lily as a Spirit! And is... More

Part 1. Death that blooms a flower.
Part 2. Death's viewpoint.
Part 3. Throwing away all pride.
Part 4. The Sound Of Victory.
Part 5. The Garden Of the Witch.
Part 6. Dinner with an Idiot, half Elf, maids, jester, two spirits, I suppose.
Part 7. The happy manor and a sad Restart.
Part 8. The promise.
Part 10. Its a joke... Right Rem?...
Part 11. On to conquer the worl-!... GET OUT OF BED SUBARU!
Part 12. Master, Why are you looking at me in that way?
Part 13. The lesson for the boy and the girl.
Part 14. The Hounds, The Oni and and audacity of this Old man-
Part 15. Rem Reem Rim.
Q & A!
Part 16. Puck's Hatsumaki.
Part 17. Snow Snow and Snow!
Part 18. Felix Argyle and the old man
Part 19. Mate, I ask of you kindly... Do not cock up.
Part 20. The Bro Code.
21. Oh My dear sister, I will never rest in the battle against fate.
22. What despair feels like.
Part 23. Da royal selection.
Part 24. You know, its not the same as it was.

Part 9. The echoes of chains.

1.8K 74 33
By UltraLily

Warning

Things you can expect from me and this fanfic like violence death suicide and more!

Yatta!

Enjoy and comment and like and subscrib-

Narrator POV.

Subaru screamed awake with a deep breath... The cold and hot feeling around his body was gone yet the sensation was still present...

He gripped his chest...

Subaru glanced down at his hands once more...

It seemed like they where no longer bandaged, and the Tatto was still complete...

'I'm back... No, More like I made it back...' Thought Subaru...  Saber could hear this...

'Subaru may be in the... He seems more used to this... What loop is this?...' Arthur couldn't really figure out the loop... 

Subaru glanced up at the maids... Seemingly had been startled by his screaming and odd behavior...

"Sorry... Good Morning." Said Subaru casually to the maids... Specially at Rem... 'The scream of saber yelling out Rem's name probably meant she was killed... so it is an assassin?... Wait, Saber told me to see Beatrice and say its a curse... I should probably ask her about that...'

'I did what?... If I said that, it probably would mean Rem is the killer... Oh Mate... Dear lord why... why am I put with a daft dimbo?..'

"Right... You don't remember me... Uh... Sorry for the trouble I have caused! Natsuki Subaru will now start over!" Said Subaru standing up on the bed and going in his classic pose...

The maids seemed to be more confused than scared now...

"Right... What time and day is it?..." Said Subaru awkwardly while still standing on the bed and pointing to the sealing...

...

"Uh... Wait! I have a great idea..." Said Subaru as he had once more ran out of the room, not before saying he was going to look for Beatrice...

'God, mate, please, no-' Thought Saber looking at the idea in his mind.

"SAIBA!" Subaru moved in a Khame Khame Ha pose, and launched saber out of his hands...

"Yes Master?" Said Saber... Not wanting to deal with being close to Subaru.

'Why can't I just remain with Morgan... Although Morgan would probably kick me out eventually...' Thought Saber about the mysterious morgan who also claims to be their family!... Weird.

"Guh, Why so cold... Hm! I have to use a command seal!" Said Subaru Raising his hand...

"What?" Saber was confused...

"By order of this command seal! Call me anything but master!" Said Subaru... As he felt burning in his hand as a third of the mark vanished...

"Subaru, You daft dimbo... You could have just asked-"

"No no! Making a cute girl say my name is super hot!... Now Saiba! Get on my shoulders! We are going for a ride-" Subaru crouched down and positioned himself for Saber to get on his shoulders.

"No." Saber was not going to deal with this...

"Oho! How Rebelious of you!... Heh." Subaru Slowly raised the hand with 2 more tattos...

"Do not waste that ... *Sigh* ..." Saber got on Subaru's shoulders...

"Heh! Welcome aboard to the Subaru Express! We will have a wonderful ride towards a loli's library!" Said Subaru as he started Rushing to whatever random door would give him a funny feeling...

'This isn't actually so bad.' Thought Saber at Subaru carrying her like this... Walking with heels was annoying.

'Its here.' Thought Subaru as they neared a random door in the hallways...

"Subaru why are you... Hello There, Beatrice." Said Saber princess waving on top of Subaru's shoulders...

"Beako! May I have an emotional crisis in your library?" Said Subaru seeing the loli Spirit seated in 

"You are an irritating Human, In fact... but... Just do not bother betty, or get blown away." Said Beatrice seeing the duo come bursting into her library...

"Thank you, Beako!" Said Subaru as he put Saber down like a doll...

And began thinking...

'The first time I think I died of weakness.. .I didn't feel anything weird.. But the second time... Sheesh... The person... The attacker had a massive spiked ball with chains... Although Saber will probably be able to deal with them... But why did they get rem.. Did the attacker have an accomplice or did they slip past Saber?.... This is totally like the time the assassin came to the loothouse because of the royal selection... So I am probably dealing with someone who can do curses... and someone who uses a Morningstar...' Said Subaru about everything he knows so far...

"Hey Beako?" Said Subaru...

"Wait, Saber... why are you laying on the floor?!" Said Subaru looking at Saber...

"Can I not be lazy?" Said Arthur... Although the reason was mostly a mental breakdown because Subaru was stupid enough to waste a command seal with not being called Master... And Arthur wanted to fall back asleep to see morgan.

"No, no! Thats my job!" Said Subaru...

"Just ask Beatrice whatever you want to say..."

"Ah, Right, Beako!"

"What is up with you?... Why is betty getting these names? And what relationship do we even have? Have we not just meet twice?" Said Beatrice...

"Erm... Because you are too cute to be called Beatrice! So its either betty or Beako!... And twice?... I totally forgot that... Ha.. Ha." Said Subaru...

"... You are an annoying human."

"I have been told so!"

"Will you stop bothering betty or will you ask whatever you need to tell betty?"

"Right... What do you know about curses?"

"Huh? They are an inferior form of Spirit arts and magic that originated from the northern regions in Gusteko...  They just suck you dry until you are dead of mana deficiency... The practitioners are called Shaman... Although there is a far easier way to have the same results... And far more efficient..." Said Betty with a devious grin wiggling her hands Kazuma style....

"Huh..  Wait so the thing you did... "

"It can kill you? Yes. Mana is the life force of every being... Without it, you will die." Said Betty...

"Huh... You didn't kill me?.. Right?" 

"Im a buzy woman, In fact! Do not have time for such things..."

"And can everyone do the sucking thing?"

"No... Thats an absolutely terrible way to put it. In fact. Bubby and I are the only ones able to do this... Not even Roswaal." Said Beatrice...

"So its a rare thing..."

"It could be said so..."

"Well! Thank you, beako! Saibaaa! Pack your bags, The Natsuki express is gearing to depart!" Said Subaru...

"Wait, You are leaving?..." Said Beatrice surprised...

"Yes! Saber, get on!"  Said Subaru... And smiled as he felt Saber latch onto his back like a koala..

"You are... Quite the pair..."

"Thank you for the help! I suppose!" said Subaru as he rushed out of the door... 

"... -_- ..." Beatrice was not giving grace to his humor.

...

Subaru, The Natsuki Express, Rushed to the entrance of the mansion where he would surely find Emilia...

*BANG!*

Kicking open the main doors...

He saw Emilia talking with the spirits in the front yard... Massive front Yard...

"Subaru, Why do you always chase after her?" Asked Saber peeking over Subaru's shoulder...

"Uh... Are you blind? She is gorgeous, and kind, and an angel and beautiful and... And yeah!" Said Subaru not wanting to say he has a kink for white haired girls.

"I am not blind, Bloke... But following a girl knowing about an assassin after her, then risking everything for her... That May be incredibly stupid... And yet you still chase after her." Said Saber...

'Ha, What a hypocrite...' Thought Subaru remembering the times that Saber risked absolutely everything for Subaru...

"Hey... Saber, You are contracted or something to me, right?" Said Subaru...

"I supos-... I think so." Said Saber not wanting for the Beatrice Supposing and Facts to be contagious.

Subaru Chuckled as he thought of Something to say...

"Well... You can say I am contracted to her! Her smile was enough for me to fall in an eternal bond!" Said Subaru...

"Brilliant... You have attachment Issues Mate."

"Also... Saber, Why do you use weird words? Like Mate and Brilliant and bloody and wicked and innit and many other things?... Like how you called me a daft dimbo? And a bloke?" Said Subaru with curiosity...

"Oh, I am from the United Kingdom." Said Saber...

"eh... Then how do you know Japanese?..."

"I do not know. Possibly a tad bit of Magic?"

"Yeah, Probably magic... Also, Aren't you supposed to be the spirit of King Arthur that ascended into the throne of heroes but the saint graphs where modified and you are in your child form-"

"Nope." Said Arthur... Deciding Subaru would be... Maybe trustworthy enough to tell about the whole... Ya know, death and ReinSabernated part... But the mere thought of getting teased by subaru about it was enough to forget the idea.

"Then what-"

"Died, And transported into another world like this." Said Arthur...

"Huh." Subaru was too stunned to speak...

"WAIT! SO YOU GOT AN EXALIBUR?! BUT I DIDN'T?!"

"This isn't even excalibur..." Arthur was tired of explaining...

"GET THE SWORD OUT AND PUT IT IN STONE OR SOMETHING! I WANNA TRY TO PULL IT!... THIS IS UNFAIR-"

"Subaru? What is Unfair?" Said Emilia as she noticed Saber and Subaru bickering.

"Ah.. Nothing Lady Emilia...." Said Saber...

"Ah... Emilia-Tan... Your angelic presence is the only thing in this world worth living for..."

"Eh?... But-"

"Do not worry, He isn't dumb enough to kill himself...?" Said Arthur... Although just remembered that Subaru is indeed... Enough of a daft bloke to kill himself.

"OI! WHY WAS THAT A QUESTION?!" Said Subaru yelling at Saber...

"Blimey! Who could guess why?" Said Arthur...

Emilia started laughing... Observing this kind of behavior was fun.

"E M T! how wonderful is your laugh to this mere human!" Said Subaru...

"Mate... You have issues." Said Saber....

"Ah, wait... Emilia, Do you know a place where Saber can stab her sword in and then I can try and pull it out?" Said Subaru...

"Eh... Why would you need to do that-...Y-yes." Said Emilia after Subaru stared at her eyes... like.... extremely creepily staring.

She raised her hand to her chest and touched the pendant on her neck...

"Puck, Wake up."

Lights flew out and a cat materialized..

"Good morning lia..." Said a sleepy puck...

"Morning, Puck." Said Emilia...

 "*YAAaaaawwnnnn* ... Oh... Good Morning Subaru... Ah, Good Morning to you too! Saber." Said Puck.

"Puck, sorry to wake you up but... Could you please help Subaru?"

"Good Morning my great puck! Could you please put some stone in the ground where I can pick up Saber's sword from?... Please?" Said Subaru...

"Oh... I guess we can?... And now behold! My great earth magic!" Said Puck as he did a weird pose and pointed towards a place in the dirt by the bushes and zapped it Shazam Style.... A small mound amount of rocks were placed.

"Oo! Great! Now saber! Put your sword there!" Said Subaru...

Saber would argue...

But Subaru was too much of an idiot to comprehend logic.

Saber materialized Caliburn and dug it into the stone...

"Go ahead, Subaru..."

"Hey... I think I have seen this sword before... well, Must be my imagination." Said puck squinting his eyes...

Subaru walked and saw the sword... It looked it was worth 100 million points or something.

"Ahem! With the strength of a neet! ARMS! DONT FAIL! MEEE!..." Subaru pulled hard. Extremely hard on the sword...

"Hey, its too far in, get it out a little." Said Subaru turning back to Saber...

"... of Course Mate." Said Saber...

Saber casually lifted the sword until puck had to reassemble the structure of the rocks to be able to hold it...

"Ahem, Emilia-Tan! Witness the strength of Natsuki Subaru!" Said Subaru as he once more pulled on the sword.. 

*Shiinkk*

'Bloody Fucking Blimey!?!... Wait, He is not actually using the power of the sword in a grand scale rigth?... But isn't the sword of selection... Is it because of him technically being the Master?'

"OHH! LOOK! I Actually pulled excalibur?... I want to slice some stuff..." Said Subaru...

"Is that sword reeeeeaally special?..." Said Emilia confused of why subaru was so... Subaru.

"Ah, I think this is a magic sword that multiplies out yang energy.. I think... Or maybe something similar...  Hey Subaru! Want to slice something?..." Said Puck...

"But if it is a really powerful sword.... Wouldn't that damage the property here?... Shouldn't you go over somewhere... safer?" Said Emilia...

"Don't worry lia! I'm sure Subaru is still nothing more than a meat shield!" Said Puck flying to Subaru's shoulder...

"OI! I'm not you damn cat! Now you did it!" Said Subaru as he stabbed Caliburn on the ground and started to playfully wrestle puck...

And both using named moves to attack eachother... Yet it was tickling and tail waps... Headbuts...

And to the delight of the Simps... Emilia began giggling at how ridiculous it looked...

Emilia asking what in the world where the two even doing and couldn't breathe from laughter... She sat down on the ground to get on eye level with them... 
Saber did the same.

"Oho! "Father" thanks for this great match!" Said Subaru in a deep voice...

"Who are you even calling "father" like hell I would give you my daughter that easily.." Said Puck in a military tone...

"Well! Nothing beats Emilia's laughter!" Said Puck...

"I.. Agree." Said Subaru in a deep tone...

"EMILIA TAN'S SMILE IS THE FIRST STAR IN THE NIGHT SKY!" Said Subaru in his usual weird pose...

"*sigh* not you too Subaru..." Said Emilia.... Puck always said her face and smile where the greatest... Yet Emilia felt insecure of her face due to being a .. Half Elf, Silver Hair, Amethyst Eyes.

"Also, Where does "Tan" Come from?..." Said Emilia confused...

"Oho.. It is what you call A Pet Name! like when puck calls you lia, or when I call Saber, Saibaa! Used to call someone close to you!"

"But I don't remember being close to you?... Or Saber..." Said A confused Emilia...

"Well! It is like a promise to get really close to eachother! O. K?!"

"... understood... allright... I will accept that.." Said Emilia nervous... a bit flustered.

"Eh..."

"Eh!?... D-Dont look at me.." Emilia was flustered by the idea of being close to someone.. .Who wasnt puck.

"I expected her to cringe but... I surprisingly got a positive reaction... What a great world..." Said Subaru...

"What could this mean? commentator puck san?!" Said Subaru shaping his hand like a microphone...

"She doesn't have many friends. So she craves things like nicknames! She is easy to please." Said Puck crossing his arms and legs.

"eh... MY MAIN HEROINE IS EASY TO PLEASE!?!?? HUH?!" Subaru thought of this.. In a bad way.

"Sister Sister, It appears our guest is a pervert with bad intentions." Said Rem approaching the scene...

"Rem Rem, in just a short time, our guest is already planning to defile two girls." Said Ram...

"I-I was not going to do that! I have morals so I would ask for consent before doing it!" Said Subaru...

""Lord Roswaal Sama, Has returned. Please come inside"" Said Rem and Ram in sync.

"huh... here we go.. My third meeting with the lord of the mansion..." Muttered Subaru...

"Esteemed Guest, Emilia Sama, Please do not sit on the floor carelessly..." Said Rem as she helped them get up...

Although Saber was lying on the floor... Feeling lazy again and wanting to see Morgan and gossip about how much of a daft dimbo Subaru is.

"You may all call me Arthur if you so wish, that is my name." Said Saber... Being called Saber or anything else was annoying. It felt like a student being called student or a boy being called boy.

"Ar.. thur?... That name is..." Emilia was confused... 

"EXACTLY! YOU GET ME RIGHT?! THAT NAME IS NOT CUTE AT ALL! IT RUINS YOUR CUTE AND INNOCENT VIBE!" Said Subaru...

Saber dematerialized Caliburn, not that Subaru would realize for being a daft simp...

"Understood, Esteemed Guest." Said rem and Ram at the same time...

"Saber.. Arthur... You know! We can totally call you Artoria! It sounds cuter than Arthur!"

"Bloody hell no." Said Arthur...

...

The third meeting with Roswaal was the same...

Although Saber arrived in Subaru's shoulders.

And sat next to Subaru....

'All I know for certain is that someone will attack on the fourth night.. It could be more than one... I could tell them but I can't explain where I got the information... Maybe i could convince Saber... She would totally believe me, she likes it or not... but that would imply getting teased by her in the british insults for any time I see her... But the others would think I am working with the Assassin... even if I knew the physique of the attacker... Dammit... I can't risk everyone getting killed...' so... I should really use these four days to gather information and find out where or who the attacker is... It might be someone from the village... Someone confident enough that even after seeing saber carry that massive box... God this is going to suck... but to be able to do this...'

"Yoooou Twoooo maaaay have anyyy rewarddd you request.! Juuust naame your deeesireee!" Said Roswaal.

"In that case... " Subaru stood up...

"Let us live here as house guests and eat and sleep all we want!" Said Subaru..

*cough cough guh, gulp*

Saber almost choked on the 91st burger...

'Third loop... Definitely the third one...' Thought Saber recognizing the loop where Subaru ended up being killed by a super duper kind sister.

*Yaaawwnn*

The super duper kind sister yawned.

...

"Saiba, you try to get information out of Beako! Shes a spirit like you, you will surely get along... Ill try to question everyone else indirectly..." Said Subaru to Saber in the guest room...

"So you are saying that there will be an assassin on the fourth night and we need to stop it..." Said Saber...

"Yes! Do you believe me?..." Said Subaru...

"Of course I do not, but your wish is my command.." Said saber...

"ah... Thank you, Arthur..." Said Subaru... He was just now thinking of how loyal Saber was... Even in life or death.

And so, Subaru rushed out!

Leaving the Saber alone...

"How could I get beatrice to... " Saber was now just thinking of the bigger problem...

How to find Beatrice's door?...

"BEAATRICEE-SAMAA" Yelled Saber, knowing her ego was considerably existent.

Saber then exited the room.

And opened the door again...

"Why did you call Betty? Do you not see Bubby is here?" Said Beatrice as she glanced up at Saber... Puck waved.

"I apologize. I need to find a place to rest where Subaru wont find me, preferably somewhere he wont find for a little while." Said Saber...

Not that Saber was disloyal... But how would saying "Hey, Rem is sus." help in anything?... 

So saber would be loyal by saving mana!

"Ah... You may stay in Betty's library if you so wish... but why do you think I would like to help you?, I suppose?" Said Beatrice...

"I apologize for intruding, and for supposing things, but I thought you may wish to help me in the endeavor of getting rest..."

"I suppose caring for the human is... Miserable... Fine, Don't be loud... You may remain here." Said Beatrice...

"Hey betty!  but what if we all play a game or have some fun?" Said Puck...

"Eh? What would bubby desire for us to play?!" Said Beatrice as she went simp mode for puck.

"Ah! Teaching Arthur Magic!" Said Puck...

"huh...Arthur?.. Ah you... Do you not know how to use magic... You are... Useless, In fact..." Said Beatrice, as a spirit not knowing to use magic was like ... A horse not knowing how to run... A butterfly without wings, a Kiana without tuna... Simply illogical.

"Well, Just a hunch! But you don't right?... It is really interesting to see a spirit like that... The first time I have seen it really!"

"It is a correct assumption, but I am afraid that Subaru's mana supply may not be suited for such things..." Said Arthur remembering how Subaru in the anime basically became a mana cripple.

 Saber then proceeded to lay down on the floor...

"Well! What if you teach Beatrice how to use a sword!" Said Puck.

"Huh... Why would I want to do that?! In fact!" Said Beako.

"Well! What if you faced someone really strong! You need to be strong!" Said Puck, flexing his cat muscles...

"But bubby... I don't need to be stronger-"

"You want to be as strong as me?"

"LIKE B-B-BUBBY?!... I-I... I don't know, I suppose..." Said Beatrice...

"*sigh* finee... We can all go back to being lazy cats..."

And so...

Beatrice cuddled with Puck.

Saber cuddled with the floor as her consciousness feel asleep and woke up in the frozen lands...

...

"Morgan." Said Saber climbing the snowy hill... Finding a small Morgan staring at the clouds...

"Arthur." Said Morgan looking at her.. brother? Sister? Sibling.

"Do you..."

"Know why everything is happening?" Asked Morgan assuming things.

"No, I want to be with my sister, but I do not know what to do..." Said Arthur...

"You know, we could lay on the snow and watch the timeless sky..."

"Absolutely no."

"Then we can play dress up doll-"

"Blimey... The snow it is..."

"Brilliant."

...

Subaru was looking all over the mansion..

Not finding anything...

Other than rosswaal who also seemed to have chains...

But it was only misleading! No way ros-chi would do something like that!

*Knock Knock*

The door was knocked.

"Come In!" Said Subaru... Hoping it was saber with more luck.

"Here you go sir." Said Ram giving Subaru tea!

"Ah, Thanks... Want to drink with me? I thought Saber would be here by now but... She can wait!" Said Subaru...

"No, Thank you, Sir." Said Ram

"Hey, maybe you can be a little friendlier if you want.." Said Subaru as Ram went away...

"Well... Its my first day... What did I even expect.." Said Subaru as he went alone...

"Where is saber now... GUH! She is supposed to be back by now... " Said Subaru, half worried half  fine with it.. Atleast Saber was completely loyal.. No way something bad would happen. Or would saber do something against Subaru...

...

Meanwhile in the frozen lands.

"Act 1. Subaru combing his hair." Said Arthur sitting on a chair next to morgan...

"Act 2, Subaru combing his hair." Said Arthur as Morgan was confused of where was this joke going at...

"Act 3, Subaru combing his hair..." Said Arthur then taking a sip of tea...

They where inside a massive castle Morgan had generated... 
They had basically done nothing but mess around all day.

"What is the play called?" Said Arthur...

"I don't know... Tales of A barber?" Said Morgan confused...

"No, its Mission impossible." Said Arthur as both started chuckling...

They had the tradition of saying the worst dad jokes they could find to fill the empty spot of lacking a father...

And subaru was the target of dissent.

...

The next Day...

Subaru still had no signs of saber...

So he went to beatrice's library!

"Yo!" Said Subaru entering the library.

"You always come here without even knocking... How annoying, I suppose." Said Beatrice.

"It should be in your interest to leave before you get blown away, I suppose." Said Beatrice...

"Woa Woa! Wait!"

"I just came here for my Saber!" Said Subaru...

"Huh?... I suppose she disappeared after falling asleep in my library, In fact." Said Beatrice...

"Huh?... Wait... So I can..."

"Khame Khame HA!" Subaru did the thing to shoot out a blonde girl with green eyes and a white dress...

This time landing on her feet.

"Do you need me?" Said Saber... Although Arthur was recently enjoying a game of chess... but with magical statues that actually fought.

"Huh... SO YOU CAME BACK AND DIDIN"T TELL ME!?... Well Beako! We will leave now!"

"Uhuh..." Said Beatrice as she looked again on her book...

"Saber! Board the Natsuki Express!" Said Subaru... And once more, he heard a sigh as Saber got on top of his shoulders...

And he ran out of the library, banging open the door.

...

Subaru and Saber "searched" more...

yet Found nothing.

"Saber... We will leave the fourth morning and intercept the Assassin as it comes to the mansion, then come back and report it..."

"Do you really think this is the best option-"

*Knock Knock*

"Come in!" Said Subaru...

"Pardon My Intrusion, Sir. I see you really are studying..." Said Ram... Subaru covered his super secret notes with a sketchbook with many Glyphs... Although Saber filled half to make it look convincing.

"Hey! That was super rude! I am supposed to be a guest here, you know?" Said Subaru...

"As I see it, you are a freeloader and your spirit is a glutton that feeds on Roswaal-Sama's benevolence. And call yourself a guest." Said Ram...

Saber's nose inmediately flared up...  Ram brought tea...

Rising like the shield hero from the bed.

Saber looked at the tea Ram Brought...

"I would fancy a cuppa if I may." Said Arthur...

British genes made any british person be evolved to detect good tea.

"Hmn, Of course, Lady." Said Ram... Although Saber wanted to jump out of the window by being called lady... Ram was somehow able to understand that Saber wanted tea...

Saber sat on the bed as Ram seated next to her... And Also took taste from the tea.

"Ugh, its.. nasty." said Subaru... this tea was not Japanese green tea but a fine blend of leaves.

"You are going to incur the wrath of this mansion's finest leaves." Said Ram...

Saber took a sip...

"Subaru, You would never survive My family. or Britain." Said Arthur... Arthur's grandparents where... Fanatical like demons for tea, drinking it more than water or anything.

And due to heritage, Black tea flowed in their veins.

"Right... Hey, are you slacking in front of guests?..." Said Subaru seeing Ram sitting on the bed, drinking tea next to saber...

"Says the one who asked me to be friendly." Said Ram...

"Now, I would quite enjoy to know about your family if you would be fine with me knowing, Saber." Said Ram... Mostly to gather information for Roswaal, as Saber was definitely an odd one, mostly due to the brute strength without muscles, and the seemingly natural talent with a sword... Something that would only be known in the Astrea family.

"Ah, My Family... Please do call me Arthur, that is my name. But it is a dysfunctional family with a dead father, mother... Our grandparents took care of me and my sister, but I sought for a job, and now we are here..." Said Arthur with a bit of nostalgia...

"Is that so?... And you said your homeland was... britain?" Asked Ram...

"Its Just a posh place with people who are fanatical about tea and their queen." Said Subaru...

"A vague description, but it is too far away for anyone in this world to know of... An island hidden, something Similar to Subaru's homeland." Said Saber, Making bulshit up for the last part.

"Oh... Well yea! Mhm... You know, We have really good tales in my homeland!" Said Subaru...

"Hm, And can you read the Children's books now?" Said Ram...

"Nope! But I can tell you a tale to pass the time!" Said Subaru...

"Is that so... It would be amusing to know what you consider entertaining."

"Oi.. Im not that plain... Well! There is "The red Oni who cried" Its great!"

"The red oni who cried?..."

"Want me to tell it to you?"

"Hmn."

'That couldn't be any worse of a tale to say to this specific person...' Thought Saber hearing the tale of the two oni... But the tea was too good to stop Subaru.

The tale basically went...

Two oni lived in a forest and visited the humans, but the humans saw them as monsters, and the red oni cried because he wanted to be with the humans as friends.

The red oni cried but the blue one made a plan...

The blue oni would act evil, and the red one would stop it...

As it worked, and the red oni was seen as a hero and friend and the blue one was hunted...

One day the red oni came back home and saw a letter in the door. "red oni, we cant let the humans see us together or they will think you are bad, I will leave to see the world. Please enjoy time with your human friends. Take care -Your friend, The Blue oni"

The red oni cried as he clenched the letter. Reading it over and over.

The end.

"That was... A sad story." Said Ram as she stood up and looked at the window...

"Yea, But i think it was sweet too."

"I think everyone there is stupid."

"Eh."

"The humans for irrational hate. The blue oni for being a self sacrificing idiot, and the red oni for being a selfish bastard..."

"Thats... Harsh!"

Saber was sipping tea.

"Well! I think I like and hate the blue oni... That kind of thing would be sweet, to know everything you did gave a reward..."

"I think the red oni is stupid, he dragged the blue oni into his own desires and forgot about him... "

"Then what do you think they should have done?"

"If the red oni truly wanted to befriend the humans... he should have cut off his horns and gone to them."

"And even then, the blue oni should just stand there and watch and ignore the stupidity..."

"Thats a pretty extreme opinion too..."

"Well, tell me... Wich oni would you prefer? The self sacrificing idiot? Or the selfish bastard?" Said Ram putting two fingers raised next to Subaru...

Subaru grabbed both fingers.

"What a foolish answer..." Said Ram... 

"If you want to befriend both, you must be the indecisive, adulterous type." Said Ram...

"You will regret it one day." Said Ram.

"I DONT THINK THIS WAS THE POINT OF THE STORY!?" Said Subaru...

"Well... What about you?" Said Ram giving the fingers options to Saber...

Saber finished the tea, placed it aside...

And decided one thing!

"The blue one."

"... Why so?" asked Ram confused...

"If the blue oni ended being lonely, then why go along with the red one?..."

"Barusu, you need to learn from this lady." Said Ram... 

"OI! why did you say my name into a curse?!.."

"Although... Lady, you should not have fantasies about befriending random men. Specially if they are not human."

"0_0" Saber did not see that coming.

"Ha! Ram got you too!"

"Barusu."

"Gah, yes?"

"Did you enjoy any fairytale of our nation?" Asked ram...

"Ah.. well... there was one I didn't really understand but it looked interesting.. The one about the witch and the dragon... So this is why it is the dragon kingdom of lagunica?"

"Yes. The dragon that protects the nation from beyond a great waterfall until it completes the covenant..."

"But didn't the family that made a covenant die out?" Said Subaru...

"It did, and this is why the royal selection is so important... no one knows what the dragon wants... Not even the gods."

"Ah, And the one about the witch-"

"I do not wish to discuss about that sir, I will come to tell when dinner is ready." Said Ram as she picked the teacups and rushed out...

"Ah... And that tale of the oni... Don't talk about it with rem.. She wouldn't like it..."

And so... Ram was gone.

"Well.. Saber, can you read it to me?... Please?" Said Subaru...

"Of course." Said Saber... Reading tales to a kid was nostalgic for Arthur.

...

"Are you sure about this?... We could call a carriage to take you to the capital... "

"We'll be fine! One day ill come back as a knight in shining armor and take you in a white horse!" Said Subaru giving Emilia a thumbs up.

"Do you have A handkerchief? Water, food.. And enough for Saber, and lagumite, and... and...! "

"Don't worry! Emilia-Tan! Ill be completely fine! Right Saber?" Said Subaru glancing to the Saber in his side... Who was carrying a comically large bag of food.

"Well, then, Subaru-Kun... Be well. And I maaaay haveee added some pocket money for our beautilful time together!" Said Roswaal shaking Subaru's hand...

"Money So I hush?... Oho, What time together, I swear to the dragon there was never such thing!" 

"How great! Any evil scheme seems to loose purpose with you! Be sure to take care, Subaru Kun."  

"Gotcha!"

"And Saber... Let your heart be bigger than your stomach." Said Rosswaal as Arthur blushed from embarrasment.

"And You two... helped me out a ton! Thank you, Rem! Ram!" Said Subaru...

"Thank you, Rem, Ram." Said Arthur to them.

"Specially you Rem! Your food was amazing. ... And ram... you... can do the dishes..."

"Ne-sama ne-sama, our guest is horrible at compliments, I pity lady Emilia."

"Rem Rem. Our guest is fatally horrible in flattery." Said Ram.

"Oh, SHUT UP! I SERIOUSLY DID MY BEST!"

"Rem, Your food was amazing, but your voice soothed my nightmares, I thank you." Said Arthur...

"Ram, your personality was incredibly fun to be around with, I thank you for the time we spent together." Said Arthur...

"Barusu, you need to learn how to obtain charisma."

"Geez! Ill work on it... But seriously... thanks."

"Yes, sir."

"Thank you" Said Saber.

"Yes, Lady."

Unfortunately, there is no window to jump out of.

...

They exited the mansion...

"SubAru!" Yelled EMilia chasing behind...

"Subaru! Thank you for everything, If you or Saber ever need anything, come visit anytime!" Said Emilia...

"Sure!"

"Have a good time, Lady Emilia." Said Arthur...

"THANK YOU! EMILIA-TAN!!"

...

Subaru left the food of Saber in the forest.

The plan was.

A spot to look at the mansion and the road? Check.

An escape route? Check. A rope attatched to Subaru to jump off and not die.

A form of defense? Check. Saber and a kitchen knife.

"She will get mad at me for using a knife this way..." Said Subaru looking at the knife...

"I hope she will... I don't wanna die..." Said Subaru... He could remember every memory...

"I am here." said Saber... Feeling pity at the nervousness and suffering Subaru had...

"Are you all might or something?... but don't worry... If my hunches are right, we should find the killer... I hope... I really do..."

'Even if no one remembers... I do... I will continue... You can do this. Natsuki Subaru.' Said Subaru to himself.

...

It was dark outside...

"You know saber? I bet that if we had gone shopping or something... we could have found a pretty cute dog..." Said Subaru...

"Why do you think so?"

"A hunch."

"I see..."

"Huh, You know, you eat quite a lot..."

"Food can be digested into mana."

"Huh?.. Really?... So you are like, supper buffed up right now?!. Great!" Said Subaru as the comically large sack with fruit, bread and meat was now... A bit of uncooked meat.

"i... I think its a curse..."

"Huh?... "

"I eat and eat and eat... and then... poof... the food is gone..."

"No, that is called being a glutton, Saiba-Chan." Said Subaru poking Saber's cheek...

Saber got out the sword and stood up..

"HUH?! WHA- sorry?!" 

"Chains." Said Saiba... This was enough for Subaru to stand up and get the knife out.

*CLINK CLIKCNKICNCLC!* CLAANK!*

The sword and a spiked ball collided... Saber rushed forward by instinct, and pulled the ball and chain to her.

A person remained in the shadows......

"It seems I have no choice..." Said the soft voice...

Subaru's face contorted into fear... Slight fear of this person being evil...

"The ideal scenario would have been to finish you first... then give your spirit a chance to explain themselves but..."

"Y-you... Are kidding?... Right... rem?" Asked Subaru... Now it made sense why Rem's name was yelled out...

She was the killer.

The blue oni maid walked out of the shadows...

As subaru's heart trembled.

Chapter done.

Ehe?

I gtg

School

enkidu update next

im being overworked

haiiiyaaa

Cya

did u guys like it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 828 43
My frist time doing ben 10 x male reader
80.1K 1.9K 18
Souls are interesting things, said to contain the experiences of your previous lives. Reincarnation is weirder, a new life, a new person, made from t...
698K 42.8K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
32.8K 968 24
A gangster die and turn into Tenka Yatogami in Date A Live.