Ruthless Rulers of Rakshatra...

By Shobanamanivannan

He is the crowned prince of the Kingdom Rakshatra. Everyone in the kingdom feared him as well as respected h... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1 - Abhyuday
Chapter 2 - Kalindi
Chapter 3 - First Meet
Chapter 4 - Warning
Chapter 5 - Wedding
Chapter 6 - The Night
Chapter 7 - Return
Chapter 8 - Respect
Chapter 9 - Power
Chapter 10 - Control
Chapter 11 - Proposal
Chapter 12 - Facade
Chapter 13 - Embarrassed
Chapter 14 - Visit
Chapter 15 - Mark
Chapter 16 - Plot
Chapter 17 - Seduced
Chapter 18 - Fair
Chapter 19 - Reward
Chapter 20 - Secrets
Chapter 21 - Mystery
Chapter 22 - Memories
Chapter 23 - Intimacy
Chapter 24 - Love
Chapter 25 - Consummation
Chapter 26 - Hatred
Chapter 27 - Relations
Chapter 28 - Krishakya
Chapter 29 - Weird Couple
Chapter 30 - The Past 1
Chapter 31 - Jealous
Chapter 32 - Fight
Chapter 33 - Punishment
Chapter 34 - Cruel
Chapter 35 - Return
Chapter 36 - Unveiled
Chapter 37 - Gift
Chapter 38 - Doubts
Chapter 39 - The News
Chapter 40 - Share
Chapter 41 - Guests
Chapter 42 - Two-faced
Chapter 43 - Ceremony
Chapter 44 - Reality
Chapter 45 - Turn of Events
Chapter 46 - Shocker
Chapter 47 - Show Down
Chapter 48 - Saved
Chapter 49 - Coronation
Chapter 51 - Happiness
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
New Story - Sequel of RRR

Chapter 50 - The Secret

36.6K 2.8K 188
By Shobanamanivannan

Maharaj called Abhyuday to the King's chamber and both were in the study room.  Maharaj said, "As you are crowned as the King, I have to transfer another big responsibility which had been carefully fulfilled all these years, by our ancestors.  Well, except one.  This cannot be done infront of everyone, that's why we are here".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Maharaj brought a small wooden box and gave it to Yuvraj, who opened the box to find it empty.  Ignoring his confused expression, Maharaj closed the lid and kept his hand on top of it, while Abhyuday's hand was under the box.  Maharaj said, "I, the ruling King of Rakshatra, from the lineage of Rakshat Dynasty, wholeheartedly hand over the throne to my first born son, Abhyuday.  I hereby declare that he will be the King of Rakshatra and carry forward the age-old responsibility of this Rakshat Dynasty".

Once he had finished his declaration, Abhyuday felt like some weight had added to the box.  Maharaj removed his hand and then Abhyuday opened the box, to find a golden Key.  He took it out and asked, "What is this key for?".   Maharaj replied, "This is a key to a door hidden from everyone else.  Infact, that door is in this room only".  Abhyuday looked around but couldn't find any new door which he hadn't seen for years.  Maharaj continued, "It won't be visible until you drop some blood on the Key".  Abhyuday followed his command and dropped few drops of blood on the key, which then glowed red.

Soon a tall and wide door with extensive and intricate designs appeared in the wall, which was as plain till then.  Abhyuday was surprised but not shocked because when he was in Gurukul, he got the opportunity to learn lessons from his Guru(Teacher) regarding the otherworldly beings.  Afterall his Guru was renowned because he had different skills which normal people didn't have. 

Once the door was fully visible, Maharaj said, "This door and the world behind this, is the one we are protecting since ages.  The name of our Dynasty, 'Rakshat' denotes our responsibility.  The other side of the door is totally a different realm than ours.  There, even common people have some kind of powers.  I don't know much because I haven't gone there.  Infact most of our ancestors haven't travelled there.  There is a story which my father told me, that has been passed on from different generations.  That is, it takes most of our physical strength to get in there and also to comeback here.  One of my ancestors did that just to see the other world.  And then he had to literally be bedridden for a few months to regain his physical strength".

Abhyuday took the information in and then asked, "What is with your father being banished?".  Maharaj gave a sad smile and said, "As I said before, we cannot travel back and forth easily without repercussions.  But the people on the other side can travel back and forth with ease.  But the important thing is that this is the only point of entry and exit which connects this palace and the palace of their King.  When you were nearly five, I had to go to the help of my friend, leaving your mother and you at the care of my father.  Since he was the former king, he was given your current chamber as it was not being used".

Flashback

Chandria was running behind Abhyuday, who refused to finish his meals.  And they reached his Father's study chamber, when Chandria finally caught him.  Her personal maids from her maternal Kingdom, followed behind them but Chandria made them leave as she got him on her lap.  She said, "Finally my Rajkumar is ready to eat his meals.  Aren't you?".  Little Abhyuday pouted and hid his face on her chest to avoid the food. 

Chandria sighed and asked while keeping the food aside, "What happened, Abhi?".  To which the small boy said, "Why don't I have a brother or sister? I want to have one".  Chandria laughed and said, "It's not easy to get you a sister or brother.  But once a small baby comes, then you will have to share me and your father with the baby as well.  I won't be able to feed you everyday.  Sometimes you might need to sleep alone.  Will you be able to do that?".  Abhyuday looked away for sometime and then said, "Yes, I'm ready.  Afterall the baby will be my sister or brother right.  So I will adjust myself".  Chandria hugged him tightly and said, "You may be ready to share but I'm not ready to leave you all by yourself".

After that, there were few moments of silence when Chandria felt the glaring light on her opposite wall and she closed her eyes due to the bright light.  When she opened her eyes, she saw a door similar to that of a Palace entrance door.  She became alert when the door started to open.  She immediately stood up with Abhyuday in her hands and hid his face in her neck. 

Chandria slowly took steps towards the chamber door when she saw two people come out of that mystery door.  But what stopped her from sprinting out of the door was the lady beside the man and the child in her hands.  Still Chandria didn't approach the new people and kept looking around for anyone.  Her personal maids had gone back to her Queen's chamber while they were present in the King's study room.  Seeing her panicked expression, the man, who seemed to be a King owing to his crown, started speaking.

"I assume you are the Queen as you are present here and also by your attire", the man said.  Chandria just nodded while still hiding her son's face in her neck.  The man sighed and said, "I don't have an option to wait for Maharaj.  So I request you to help me safeguard my family".  Chandria was confused, so he continued, "Who am I and how I'm here.  These questions will be answered by your husband, King of Rakshatra.  My wife had delivered the baby just yesterday but now they are in danger.  So I have no other option but to ask your help". 

Chandria was sceptical about the person and moreover her husband is not present here.  Seeing her still thinking, the man said in a hurry, "If you need to confirm, then please get the King as soon as possible here.  I need to go back soon for my people.  Only the people who become the King of Rakshatra knows about our existence".  Just then Chandria remembered her father-in-law and nodded at the man.  She went out of the study chamber and asked a guard outside to bring the former King. 

Her Father-in-law entered and after seeing the open door, he realised that the new people might be from the other world.  He welcomed them properly and asked of their purpose here.  The King explained his situation and finally the former king accepted his request to keep the Queen and her newborn child here in this palace for a few days.  The King went back by the same door after Chandria wholeheartedly welcomed his wife and child. 

Both little Abhyuday and the newborn child were asleep and the two mothers were talking between themselves about their children and so on.  Chandria introduced the lady to her maids, as her guest.  Later When they came back to the bedroom to see the children, they saw that Abhyuday was looking at the baby who was also staring at him.  But they were not playing.  Chandria asked, "Abhi, when did you wake up?".  He replied, "Maa!  Why don't we get a baby sister? But they got".  Chandria laughed at him and said, "We will get but later".  The baby was picked up by her mother and then slept again.  Two days went by and suddenly Chandria heard a scream and ran to check her guest of two days, only to see her Father-in-law with a sword trying to attack the mother and child. 

Chandria tried to stop him but he seemed to be a mad person, hell bent on killing the mother and child.  They tried to run away from him but he was not giving them a way out.   Just then they heard noises from outside hailing King Virendra for his victory, as he returned back.  The attacks grew intense in desperation to kill them before late.  Maharaj Virendra entered the Queen's chamber and was awarded with the sight of a sleeping Abhyuday.  Without disturbing him, Virendra went to his chamber in search of Chandria.  He was shocked to see his father attacking his wife and the unknown lady as well.   He immediately defended his wife and fought off his father.  Soon his commander and also another friend also reached there.  They caught the former King and Virendra shouted for guards.  But no one was nearby them.  They realised that the attack was pre-planned and the guards were no where in sight.  Virendra got to know from Chandria that the unknown lady is the Queen from the other world and came here for protection.  Instead of protecting them, his father tried to kill them.  And that's the reason why he was banished from the Kingdom as well as the Royal family.

Flashback ends

After hearing the story from his father, Abhyuday asked, "But What was the reason behind the change in mind of your father?  Initially he was the one who accepted to protect them but later he himself tried to kill them".   Maharaj sighed and replied, "That's because he heard the conversation between your mother and the lady, about the reason behind their emergency situation.  The child was born only a few days back at that time and the woman revealed that their blood will be pure enough to make someone immortal.  And that invoked his greed.

Abhyuday thought about it for a moment and then asked, "Do you think that a person's personality can change within a day?".  Virendra coughed a little and said, "No, they cannot change.  But their inner personality will come out when their long hidden desires are invoked.  My father didn't try to open the door, in the fear of being bedridden.  When he got to know the power he could get, he simply used the opportunity".  Seeing him coughing a lot, Abhyuday asked him to rest and was about to leave, when Virendra said, "Won't you ask where is that child now?".

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Vaidh ji - Doctor
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

One or two more chapters left.  Hope I didn't disappoint here.

Thanks,
SM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 13.7K 44
Little did she knew that her father married a women, named kalyani. And also a little 5 year kiddo can understand what? She was 5 when her mom, left...
392K 21.9K 41
His Peaceful life turned chaotic the day she stepped into his life. She is hiding so many secrets which can be dangerous for his clan and He will nev...
306K 34.1K 46
This is the sequel of RRR, so new readers please read it before starting this book. Agneya, the soon to be crown prince of Rakshatra, was bounded by...
352K 15.5K 45
||PART 1- REGAL DUOLOGY|| Aradhya, the firstborn of the king of Shiladhika...her life wasn't very pretty. Dispised for being a concubine's daughter...