Masked Love -Mattheo Riddle

By Lyra_Nightshade

[MAJOR EDITING GOING ON] Two broken souls with glass hearts, who despise each other with a passion, meet once... More

Cast
Background info
1. Invitations
2. Nightshade Manor
3. The Masquerade Ball  pt. I
4. The Masquerade Ball pt. II
5. The Masquerade Ball pt. III
6. Nocturnal birds
7. 'To, my Nightingale'
8. Dream or a Nightmare?
9. Love, your Raven
10. Love, your Nightingale
11. Depressing train ride
12. Uninvited
13. The Slytherin Party pt. I
14. The Slytherin Party pt.2
15. The Slytherin Party pt.3
16. The Slytherin Party pt.4
17. The Slytherin Party pt.5
18. The Slytherin Party pt.6
19. Missing
20. A hickey?
21. The Room of Requirements
22. Havoc
23. Letters from no one
25. Acceptance
26. Fate?
27. Please read!
New Chatacters
28. The Second Ball pt.1
29. The Second Ball pt.2
30. The Second Ball pt.3
31. Pansy Holmes and Astoria Watson
32. Girl to girl talk
33. Persuasion
34. Grief and Acceptance
35. Plotting
36. Distraught
37. Plan in action
38. Revelations
39. Beginning of War
40. The Pensieve
41. Ending of war pt. 1
42. Ending of war pt. 2
43. Eventful
44. Preparations
45. The Final Ball
Epilogue
Author's note
Plots I didn't include

24. The Plan (timeskip)

1.1K 18 71
By Lyra_Nightshade

Hi

I don't remember all the things from the slytherin prince but I'll try to stay as close to the original plot as I can.

One thing I remember for sure is that it was goddamn depressing.

Huge time skip here
.....................................................

It's been a couple months.
The group has grown further apart day by day.

Ezra understood that in meant nothing when Jess kept avoiding the topic and even though it hurt, he chose to forget it.

Eliana grew apart and rarely interacted with anyone at all except Ezra and some times Lyra.

Jess put her full focus on the task and grew apart from everyone, but closer to Draco, as they realized they had far more in common.

Marcus lost his usual funny charm and now acted distant and rarely talked.

Lyra rarely talked and spent most of her time either studying or practicing her skills in the dark arts, mostly spells. She knows what's coming and is focused on being prepared, but she and Mattheo still exchange letters from time to time. She and the rest of her gang still have to attend death eater meetings with Mattheo and the others.

Mattheo grew far more aggressive and short tempered with attending meetings and doing minor tasks for his father. He had no time to tease Lyra as she didn't either and instead they focused on avoiding each other. The only happiness he had now was from the letters he exchanged, as they grew closer by them.

Mattheo's group also grew distant,

They no longer had their usual jokes and instead were focused on tasks and obeying their families. Theodore and Enzo now grew dull and quiet. Blaise slowly grew physical, and Draco avoided every one and grew harsh but slowly developed a soft spot for Jessica.

.......................................................

Mattheo's POV:

We just came back from a death eater meeting and we're seated in the common room being absolutely, Silent.

Blaise was reading, Draco was doing research from books he'd gotten from the restricted section of the library from snape, Theodore was smoking and Enzo was playing with his fingers.

Some times I miss the old days when we were happy and carefree, we thought we'd have a future, now we know, no matter happens, we lose.

But there's nothing we can do, we don't have a choice, we never did.

We don't have a purpose, only plan is to stay alive and for that, we must lie.

'When choice is limited, principles must be bent'

Suddenly, Draco stood up.

His eyes wide.

He ran towards the girl's dormitory and after a couple minutes ran out of the common room followed by Jessica with a book in hand.

Blaise sighed.

The year's coming to an end, we don't know how long we have. It's on Draco now I guess.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is her.

I've lost count of how many times I've dreamt of her.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a piercing pain on my arm.

I looked down to see my dark mark, moving.

Fuck.

I looked up to see the boys with same scared and frustrated expression in their faces.

We're fucked.

We all got ready in all black and stepped out of hogwarts to apparate.

We arrived at the Malfoy Manor and Mrs Malfoy let us in with a smile, but we could tell she wasn't happy as well.

Who would be happy if your lovely home was crowded with death eaters all day.

We went into the dining hall and took our seats and waited patiently, for my father's arrival.

Lyra and her friends walked in a few minutes later, and took their places.

Lyra was between her father and brother, and her father was right across from me.

They all looked dull, I can't blame them.

Although I have to admit, Lyra's looks have gotten slightly better during the past months.

I admit she's beautiful, she's always been, we have grown up together around other death eater families, I guess we were close as kids,

But people change

Feelings change

Not always for the better.

She wasn't paying anything attention to her surroundings, just playing with her little silver ring she wore on her finger, it had a small sapphire crystal on it.

Suddenly, the doors opened and everyone stood up, and my father made his usual grand entrance.

He sat at the head of the table as usual.

"Ahh, my faithful followers, how is our plan coming? Draco? Jessica?"

"Y-yes my lord, very well, we h-have finished, the vanishing cabinet is ready for use." Said Draco nervously, while Jessica simply nodded.

"Excellent." He smiled widely.

"We shall carry out the rest of the plan this Friday, we have but three days." He said while laughing hysterically while the other adults joined him.

The meeting carried on for an hour or so and when it finally ended, we all headed back to hogwarts to pack.

We knew what was coming.

The rest of the school will soon find out what we've been hiding for years, and we'll no longer be welcome.

The only home we ever knew, would treat us like outcasts.

Who cares if Dumbledoor dies?

His death does shit for us.

He always played favorites when it came to Potter, to him, we were nothing but possible threats and problems.

To all the people who look up to him,

He was never a fair man who took circumstances into count.

I don't care about that.

What I do care about, is what happens afterwards.

It'll be difficult, but after his death, I'll try to talk to my father about another death eater ball, I'm sure he'll be confused as to why, as I strongly disapproved of the last one.

But now,

I have something to look forward to.

Well, someone that is.

—————————-
What do you think so far?

The time skip was necessary.

Who's ready for Dumbledoor's death?

It'll be sad, but we have a ball to look forward to.

Hope you liked this chapter.

Ily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 11.8K 83
In a world where life never became fair, tears were endless and pain was normalised. For a man, a felon - Death Eater, Belle's graciousness blew in...
28.7K 332 101
°•. ✿ .•° Elizabeth and Mattheo had a whirlwind relationship in fifth year but, it came to an end. A messy breakup and a friendship group that chose...
37.4K 472 10
2/2 The war is over. Voldemort is dead. Margot and Mattheo can finally be together publicly. Mattheo doesn't know how to act after the war or after...