Meltdown [Derek Hale]

By louNowakowski

She always had a one-tracked life planned out, she was going to be a surgeon and she was going to help cure o... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
Chapter Six
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
Chapter Twelve
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven

CHAPTER EIGHT

3.5K 106 2
By louNowakowski

The Hunter wondered down the stairs, a sick grin on his face as he looked at Derek who had his head hung low. The hunter was swinging a baseball bat, back and forth waiting to use it on the werewolf in front of him. "Ready to have some more fun? To be honest, my knuckles are kind of hurting... So, I brought some help. But, I need to warn ya-- I used to play in college."

The hunter swung the bat but Derek reached, only one of his hands being secured to the fence and caught it before it could hit him.

"...I brought a little help, too."

The hunter turned around to see Scott growling at him.

______

"Scott, help me with this," Derek urged, as Julie climbed back out from the crates again.

"No."

"What?" Derek asked, "what is with you two?" He scoffed, looking between both Julie and Scott.

"Not until you tell me how to stop Peter," Scott urged.

"I mean, I think we're all on the same team here..." Julie muttered.

"You really wanna talk about this right now?"

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's going to kill them," Scott urged, Julie, whilst not agreeing with any form of murder, understood. It was her family that had killed and traumatised his own.

"So what?" Derek scoffed.

"So, tell me how to stop him."

"You can't!" Derek shouted, "All right? Now, I don't know when Kate's coming back, so just get me out of this right now! Get me out right now!"

"Promise you'll help me."

"You want me to risk my life for your girlfriend? For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing? You're not in love, Scott! You're sixteen years old! You're a child!" Derek shouted, and Julie shook her head. She agreed with that sentiment. She did not believe Scott to be in love, only infatuated and obsessed.

"Maybe you're right... But, I know something you don't. Peter said he didn't know what he was doing when he killed your sister, right? He lied. Remember this?" He pulled out a piece of paper which had a spiral drawn onto a deer.

"You're all killing bambi, too?" Julie asked, looking up at Derek heartbroken, "god you truly are evil," she muttered to herself.

"This is what brought your sister back to Beacon Hills, right?"

"Where did you get that?" Derek asked.

"My boss told me three months ago, someone came into the clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you wanna know who it was? Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here so that Peter could kill her and become the Alpha, and that's why you're going to help me..." Derek said nothing as he thought on the information, "Just say you'll help me, and I'll help you unlock your other-"

"I'll help you."

______

"Okay, maybe you were ever so slightly manipulated," Julie muttered, as she followed Derek up the stairs. Scott was in the lead, with Derek behind and then the human who was at most risk of death if anything was to happen being behind both of the werewolves.

Derek glanced at her irritated, "however, my point still stands," she added on.

Before they left the house, Derek grabbed onto Scott, "hey, hold on, hold on, hold on. Something doesn't feel right," he urged and Scott looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, it's- it's kind of like it's-"

"No, don't say "too easy."" Scott cut in, and Julie pulled her face at Scott's tantrum. She didn't want to laugh, the stress matched the scenario, but she'd had a nack for not reacting to things until months later and right now was going to be one of those moments where she had no reaction. So, she really wanted to laugh. "People say "too easy" and bad things happen. What, do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy!"

"Fine," Derek sighed, "you're right."

"Thank you."

"Shouldn't we think of a plan first?" Julie asked, as Scott went to reach for the door again.

"Let's just get out of here," Scott said, not wanting to waste anymore time before the hunters would get back.

As they exited, they began their walk across the porch area heading over to Julie's car, however, they didn't make it as flashes went off all around them. Arrows landing in both Scott and Derek.

"Oh my god!" Julie screamed, but didn't have time to think about it as a weight threw her to the ground. She could feel the leaves tangling in her hair as she rolled, and as she settled she looked up to see a body on top of her own.

"Scott, your eyes!" Derek shouted out, as flashes went off all around them. Julie herself was struggling to focus on what was happening with all the flashes, she couldn't imagine how bad it was for people with sensitive eyes.

Once they'd had time to adjust, Derek grabbed onto both Julie and the pair stumbled over to grab onto Scott, "get up! Let's go!" Derek urged, but as he did an arrow was shot into his back.

Jules let out a quick scream having not expected it. "Scott go!"

"Allison, I can explain," Scott said, and Julie looked at him as if he was insane.

"Stop lying. For once, stop lying." Allison said, shaking her head.

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything... because everything that I said, everything that I did--"

"Was to protect me."

"Yes."

"I don't believe you..."

"Scott, we don't talk to pyscho murderers!" Julie urged, grabbing onto him and trying to pull him away, "I mean look how she reacted, it's a bloody good job you never told her..."

"Shoot him before I have to shoot myself!" Kate groaned, and Allison looked at her confused.

"You... you said we were just gonna catch them..."

"We did that. Now we're gonna kill them," Kate shot Derek causing the man to groan out in pain, "see? Not that hard." Allison looked to her as if she was insane. Taking the hesitation, Julie ran over to Derek and pulled the arrow from him hoping it would speed up his healing. "Oh, no... I know that look. That's the "You're gonna have to do it yourself" look."

Kate took Allison's bow and began walking over to Scott, "Kate... Kate, what are you doing?"

"I love those brown eyes..." Kate cooed as she looked over Scott.

"Oh my god, she's really noncey," Julie groaned before shaking Derek, "get up!"

"Kate!" A new voice sounded, and Julie rolled her eyes. She thought it was getting rather crowded. She looked over to see a man who she assumed was related to Kate based on the similar features, he was clicking his own gun, "I know what you did. Put the gun down."

"I did what I was told to do."

"No one asked you to murder innocent people! There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now! You're holding a gun at a sixteen-year-old boy with no proof he's spilled human blood! We go by the Code-- "Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent.""

"We hunt those who hunt us." Allison muttered to herself.

"Put the gun down... before I put you down," they heard a rumble and all of them looked around confused, "Allison, get back."

"What is it?" Allison asked.

"The alpha..." Jules realised.

Kate immediately began shouting at the creature as it raced past them all, "come on!" She shouted, as everyone was being knocked down to the ground, "come on!"

Kate was thrown into the house, "no!" Allison screamed running in after them.

Looking back over to Derek, Julie stared at him trying to work out if he was alright or not. "I'm not going to say thank you," she said, and he looked at her confused.

"What?"

"You never said thank you to me... we're even," she muttered, "now get the hell up."

"Get over there, out of the way," Derek urged gently pushing her to guide her in the right direction. She followed suit as the alpha, or Peter, appeared from the house. All of them stared at him as he looked around a twisted smirk on his face.

Derek was the first to move, growling at the man who'd killed his sister. The pair charged towards each other, Peter transforming into his alpha self. She could feel the sickness rising again, as she stumbled back away from the creature. This was nothing like what she'd seen before.

Scott moved to help Derek but the two were just being thrown around, not likely to win against the monster they were battling.

Spotting head lights, Julie glanced over to see Stiles and Jackson climbing out of a sports car. Julie narrowed her eyes at her brother, that was definitely not his car and yet he was the one driving it.

Stiles moved to throw something at the alpha but he caught it, nothing happening, "oh damn..." Stiles muttered, and all of who could looked at him confused.

Both Derek and Scott began to fight against the alpha, whatever they'd thrown at him now discarded on the floor. Wondering over to it, Jules kept her eyes focused on her fight as she grabbed it before running over to Stiles, "whoah, whoah, whoah... don't bring that over here!" Stiles scoffed, flinching back.

She stared down at it before looking back at Stiles her brow raised, "what is it?"

"It's a cocktail that works like a bomb!"

"Well..." she looked around before spotting Allison's bow near the girl herself. "Do you think she's good enough shot?" She asked.

Stiles looked at where Julie was looking at before nodding, "let's hope so, Allison!" He shouted, running over to tell her the plan and Julie waited until she'd picked up her bow and Stiles gave a nod. She threw it as hard as she could at the alpha and Allison shot her arrow colliding with the test tube.

Fires ignited, trapping the alpha on the spot.

She thought it was sick what they'd just done. It was twisted and cruel, attempting to defeat a man with fire when a fire was what had caused the mess in the first place.

Realising that the alpha was on the floor and would need too much time to recover, all of them relaxed. Walking over to Stiles, Julie wrapped her arm around him bringing him closer as they all stared at Peter. Derek standing over him.

"Wait! You said the cure comes from the one who bit you. Derek, if you do this, I'm dead. Her father, her family-- what am I supposed to do?" Scott asked.

Derek was looking at Scott carefully, feeling her lips tugging into a frown, Julie glanced to the side ignoring the tears that were beginning to form in her eyes.

Everything felt much different now, because they all knew what Derek would choose to do.

"You've... already... decided... I can smell it on you...!" As Derek moved to slash his claws across Peter's neck, Scott called out to him much to no avail.

"Wait! No, no! Don't!"

They all stood in silence, not knowing what to say or do. It took a few seconds before Derek looked at the only other werewolf his eyes glowing red.

"I'm the Alpha now," he said, his voice gruff and villainous.

Despite the pain and the grief and the confusion and the fear that was beginning to settle as residue feelings inside the doctor's stomach, she found herself shifting from one foot to the other as she continued to stare at Derek. "That was kind of a turn on," she admitted to herself, her voice quiet enough that humans would not have heard her. She often forgot that supernatural creatures could.

Stiles immediately scrunched his face up in disgust, "ew, gross, get a grip!" Stiles scoffed, as he looked to his sister.

"Oh please, you're just upset you're not getting any."

"Neither are you!"

"Yet."

"Ahh, Jules, ew!"

______

Glancing around, "it's just this way," she announced so that it would not look weird for a neurological student to be entering the room of someone who was a trauma and plastics case now. The two boys followed her into the room, "okay shut the door," she ordered.

Walking over to the young girl who lay in the bed, Julie put on some gloves before grabbing onto the edge of the dressing. Scott was stood beside her, whilst Stiles was keeping an eye out.

"Oh, god..." Scott groaned as she peeled it away.

"What?" Stiles asked, turning to look at the pair, "is it completely healed?"

"No... not at all..." Scott said.

"Well it has, you can see all the blood clots forming scabs already-"

"I don't get it," Stiles interrupted, "the doctor said she'd be fine."

"Yeah, but the bite's not healing like it did with me. Which means... she's not a Werewolf."

"Then what the hell is she?"

______

"So, you got any interviews yet?" Joe asked, both him and Jules were sat on the floor of the hospital roof, leaning against the wall with coffees in their hands.

"I actually applied to do my residency here," she admitted, as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Here? Juliette, come on," Joe said, and she looked at him confused, "we both know you can get into any program you wanted-"

"And I'm in the one I want," she interrupted, a soft smile on her face as she did so.

"So you're saying, you have the opportunity to move across america... go to some of the best teaching hospitals in America, heck, the world! And you want to stay here? In this crappy little town where it's all animal bites and mysterious disappearances. The neuro program here is a load of crap, you know it, I know it... so go. Leave."

"You've just given me more reasons to say," she mused, "they need me, besides I have a life here."

"It doesn't matter where you go you'll have a life, you're always going to have a life... there's no point in screwing up your own career by staying here."

"Joe," she cut in, "don't worry about it," she assured, taking another sip of her coffee.

He sighed as he thought on it, "less than two months and we'll be doing our residency's... going into specialities... then it'll be our names on the papers and magazines. I wonder whose going to win the first award?"

"Oh definitely me," Jules mused, "like... we both know it."

"Right, that's rude," Joe said and she laughed as she turned to face it.

"We're good at this."

"We are."

"Best in the class."

He held out his fist and smiling, she knocked her own fist into his. Feeling a buzz, Joe glanced down at his pager and she watched him with a curious raised brow. His face fell as he read it, "shoot, 911." He said, bolting from his seat and running to the door.

Sighing herself, Julie placed her coffee onto the floor before she stood to her feet. Turning around, she rested her arms against the wall, looking out over the town. It was odd to think that it wasn't just people and their pets down there. It was werewolves and god knows what else.

Resting her chin in her palm, she found herself smiling as she studied all of the buildings. It was so full of secrets. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 561 23
Lyra Gray wanted a fresh new start in a normal town where she could forget the tragic accident that had caused her months of grief. However, Beacon H...
832 29 11
Aaron Jackson gets his life flipped upside down when his parents die in an 'animal attack'. Adopted by a new family, he discovers their secret. 7 mon...
500 7 22
Life was the same as ever and for Meagan, Hallie and Eric it would change for ever with one fateful day of watching tv and a dark evil coming
1.1K 44 10
Like a Phoenix, she too will rise from the ashes -·•••·- (Published : 4/29/24) (Completed : TBD) (Teen Wolf) ...