Story of Destruction and Chaos

By Elijah_RL

Word Count: 60,105 (by chapter 39) The Total Word Count (+Prequel): 86,096 THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO "SOLDIERS OF... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 22

74 1 4
By Elijah_RL

(A/N: shoutout to Potetius once more because I seriously did forget about this fanfic and now I'm obsessed with it again. Thanks.)

<CHAOS' POV>

I watched with warm joy spreading inside of my chest as Struct fell asleep in my arms, curling up slightly.

I knew I needed to talk to Eta and Order, but seeing Struct sleeping so peacefully in my arms, I felt like I was obligated to hold him as he slept.

Reluctantly, I set him down on his bed, concern washing over me as I noticed how unbelievably light he was. I doubted he ate anything, if not too much, in the past month.

Sighing in worry, I made a mental note to make Struct eat something once he woke up. I looked at him for a few seconds, smiling uncontrollably as I watched his sleeping figure lightly snore and the way his chests rose and fell with each breath he took.

I flashed out into the living room. The atmosphere was tense and awkward. Once they realized I had flashed in, everybody's gaze fell upon me. I sighed and sat down on the couch, sitting down next to Eta.

"How's Destruction?" Order asked hesitantly.

I shot a glare at her.

"Funny you should ask," I began harshly.

Order winced.

"How would you feel if somebody insulted all of your insecurities, made you hate yourself and be disgusted with yourself, blamed you for something that wasn't even your fault that you felt guilty about anyway, and made you feel unloved by somebody you trust?" I asked snarkily.

Order flinched and stuttered, trying to come up with a reply. Eta gaped at me.

"He really felt that way?" He asked in a whisper.

I laughed humorlessly.

"How else was he supposed to feel? One thousand years of harmony and now you're snapping at him, just when he's at his worst. Congratulations, you've all reached a new low," I shot at them.

I turned to Forger and Dove.

"You guys should show Struct that you care about him, Eta and Order did a lot of damage," I sighed.

They nodded.

"Is he doing better now? Did you guys talk it out?" Dove asked softly.

I nodded.

"He's a bit better now, I tried my best to comfort him, but I don't know how well it worked. We talked, and I don't think he blames me. He's asleep right now," I added.

Dove nodded quickly.

"That's good," she muttered.

I turned back to Order.

"I don't want you to even look at Struct anymore. He was feeling good, he was finally getting better, and-" I cut myself off with a frustrated groan.

Order looked ashamed.

"I don't care what you do or say to Struct after this," I began, "But if you do not apologize, and I don't mean a meaningless apology, I will not call you my sister anymore," I told her coldly.

Order nodded grimly.

"Say something, will you?" I snapped, annoyed at her silence.

"I-I'm sorry," she said quietly.

"'I'm sorry'?! After everything you did, all you say is 'I'm sorry'?!" I shouted incredulously, laughing humorlessly.

Order glared at me, sitting up in her seat.

"I defended you! He had hurt you, and I defended you! What else did you expect me to do?! He broke your trust, he wasn't faithful or loyal, what was I supposed to do?!" Order screeched in annoyance.

"I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO DEFEND ME! HE MIGHT HAVE HURT ME ACCIDENTALLY, BUT DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD HE FELT ABOUT ONE MISTAKE?! YOU DON'T! HE DID NOT BREAK MY TRUST, HE IN FACT MADE ME TRUST HIM MORE, AND THE SAME THING GOES FOR LOYALTY AND FAITHFULNESS!" I yelled back at her.

"HE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU! HE'S A WEAK DEMIGOD WHO GOT POWER, AND HE'S USING ALL OF THIS TRAUMA DEAL AS AN EXCUSE TO BE WEAK! HE COULD JUST COPE WITH IT, LIKE OTHERS WITH TRAUMA DO! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ANY SERIOUS TRAUMA, HE'S ONLY EXAGGERATING IT FOR EXCUSES!" Order screamed.

I gaped at her in anger as the team all gasped. I got up from my seat, glaring daggers at Order. My voice was low and deathly calm as I spoke.

"How-fucking-dare-you," I whispered threatheningly.

Order glared back at me.

"How fucking dare you say anything like that about Destruction when you are in no place to say such things or make any judgements? How fucking dare you say that he's making up excuses? How fucking DARE YOU INVALIDATE HIS TRAUMA!" I yelled with rage.

Order glared at me harder, getting up from her seat as well.

"You're too lovesick to see it!" She spat.

"You're too much of an idiot to see things at they are," I whispered my retort.

Order groaned in anger.

"How could you betray your sister for a weak demigod you've known for only a thousand years?! A fucking son of Poseidon, Percy Jackson, the cause of so many demigods' death, the prophecied 'hero'!" Order scoffed.

I glared daggers at Order.

"His name," I began, my voice deadly silent and calm, "-is Destruction."

Order glared at me with all of her being.

"You'll regret everything, Chaos," she hissed, flashing out.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair, and sat down again. Everybody sat in silence for a few minutes before Struct walked in, glancing around embarrassedly and sitting next to me without a word.

I wrapped an arm around him and he smiled, moving closer to me and leaning against me. He had dark circles under his eyes along with eye bags, and his posture seemed to sag with exhaustion.

"Were you able to rest?" I asked softly.

Struct shook his head and drew his knees up to his chest, putting his head on my shoulder.

"We should get something to eat," Dove said quietly.

I nodded, glancing at Struct. He looked like he could fall asleep any second and didn't seem to be listening as he stared off into space.

"Are you sure he's alright?" Eta asked me with worry.

"They," Struct interrupted. "They/them. My pronouns are they/them."

I gasped.

"But the entire day... especially during the fight with Order..." I trailed off.

Struct shrugged, closing their eyes.

"It's alright," they mumbled.

I sighed, kissing them on the cheek.

"It's not if it made you feel bad," I insisted.

"Not particularly bad, just... invalid," Struct shrugged, yawning and looking at me again.

"That's worse!" I said incredulously.

Struct shrugged.

"I've had worse," they mumbled, leaning against me.

"That doesn't make it better," I muttered.

"Can- can we let this go?" Struct asked hesitantly, burying his face in my shoulder.

"Oh, uhm, yeah, of course," I stuttered in surprise.

Struct hummed in acknowledgment, keeping their face hidden.

"Alpha, you are okay, right?" Eta repeated his question.

Struct lifted their head and looked at Eta with a shrug.

"I dunno what you want me to say. I'm not, really, but I'm alive, whatever the fuck that word means anymore. I'm okay."

Struct sighed and ran their hand through their hair, looking away.

"Let's just please not talk about me or anything that happened today," they asked beggingly, looking around the room.

Dove, Forger, and Eta nodded quickly. I glanced at Struct and took their hand, holding it tightly. They seemed distracted and exhausted, like they had something on their mind that was probably the reason they couldn't rest.

Struct put their head on my shoulder again, stiffling a yawn.

"Do you want to go to bed? Maybe you can get some rest," I suggested.

"I'm fine," Struct waved off, their words slightly slurring.

From out of the corners of my eyes, I saw Forger, Dove, and Eta glance at each other. I returned my attention to Struct, who seemed to be falling asleep.

"Are you?" I questioned sarcastically.

Struct hummed quietly in response, closing their eyes and yawning again.

"Struct," I sighed.

They groggily sat up and opened their eyes.

"Yeah? I'm okay, I'm not tired, I'm fine," Struct muttered.

"You just need to admit that you're exhausted, nothing will happen if you get some rest," I shrugged, reaching up and swiping hair away from their eyes.

"I can chug some coffee, I'll be fine," they waved off.

"Coffee won't give you any rest, you'll just have energy, but it'll be even worse when you stop drinking it and it all comes crashing down," I answered softly.

Struct groaned.

"Entities shouldn't need sleep. I can kill gods and primordials but can't stay up for an entire day," they grumbled.

"It's for your own good," I shrugged.

"I don't care," Struct mumbled.

"But I do," I said softly.

Struct sat up at that and sighed.

"I wish you didn't trust me and put so much faith in me. You'll just be disappointed," Struct whispered.

"No, I won't. I love you unconditionally and you never could disappoint me or let me down," I insisted.

Struct turned away.

"Fine, I'll sleep," they admitted defeat eventually.

I gave a small smile.

"Great. I will force you to eat something before, though," I muttered, remembering how light they were.

Struct wrinkled their nose in disgust.

"Do I have to eat?" They asked desperately.

"Yeah, you haven't eaten in a day or more and you don't eat much," I insisted.

Struct sighed and nodded. I summoned some ambrosia and handed it to them. Struct stared at it for a few seconds before taking a tiny nibble out of the ambrosia. They hadn't even taken two bites out of the ambrosia when they set it down.

I sighed, knowing I couldn't criticize Struct for it.

"Sorry, I just don't want to eat," they mumbled, glancing away.

"No, no, it's alright! I'm still proud that you at least ate a little bit of it, that's better than before!" I told them happily.

Struct turned to me, surprised, and smiled.

"Thanks," they murmured.

"Should we go to your room now?" I asked, glancing quickly around the room.

Struct nodded. I flashed both of us out, happy to get out of the awkward and tense atmosphere.

We flashed into Struct's room, on the bed. Struct yawned, stretching a bit and stumbling to their feet. I got up as well, giving Struct a hug. Just a wordless, warm, comfy hug.

Struct hugged back tightly.

"You don't know how much I needed this hug," they whispered, muffled against my chest.

I hummed in response, holding them gently. We finally let go and I slid the covers off, helping Struct into bed.

I was just about to leave when they caught my wrist and stopped me. I turned to Struct curiously.

"Don't leave me. Please."

I was surprised but I nodded.

"Never," I whispered, gazing into their eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 237 18
Percy Jackson is tired. Tired of the frivolous battles. Tired of all the quests. Tired from the countless deaths. But when something devastating hits...
884K 20.6K 69
*This is a Percy Jackson fanfic that occurs after the war with Gaea.* Gods are starting up a war. Nothing is stoping them after they start. But what...
289K 3.9K 32
[COMPLETED] 『M.M.D』 Stands For Mortals Meet Demigods. • Why don't you start reading it? Open the book! Whaat- No I'm not kidnapping you, Gods, your m...
34.1K 634 32
🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disasters, slight...