Dagger Series #7: Unbalanced

Od MsButterfly

Tiara Millicent Silvano is considered as one of the most famous and influential prima ballerinas. She was at... Více

Dagger #7: Unbalanced
Synopsis
Ukrainian Words and Phrases
Chapter 1: Captive
Chapter 2: Promise
Chapter 3: Red
Chapter 4: Superhero
Chapter 5: Again
Chapter 7: Castle
Chapter 8: Trouble
Chapter 9: Food
Chapter 10: Kaleidoscope
Chapter 11: Free
Chapter 12: Worship
Chapter 13: Terms
Chapter 14: Advice
Chapter 15: Freedom
Chapter 16: Sweet
Chapter 17: Serpent
Chapter 18: Feed
Chapter 19: Guess
Chapter 20: Wish
Chapter 21: Heal
Chapter 22: Paper
Chapter 23: Perfect
Chapter 24: Close
Chapter 25: Chaotic
Chapter 26: Trust
Chapter 27: Survive
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Lock
Chapter 30: Storm
Chapter 31: Reveal
Chapter 32: Tie
Chapter 33: First Part
Chapter 34: Obsidian
Chapter 34.5: I Love You
Chapter 35: Fleeting
Chapter 36: Idalion
Chapter 37: Photos
Chapter 38: Performance
Chapter 39: See You
Chapter 40: Project
Chapter 41: Last
Chapter 42: Surrender
Chapter 43: Obey
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 6: Yours

9.2K 551 128
Od MsButterfly

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER SIX: YOURS

TIARA'S POV

The minutes I spent under the shower felt like hours, but I didn't want to end it. I want to stay here until my memories are washed away like the blood that colored my skin. Until I could no longer see their motionless forms and vacant stares, frozen at that very second that they realized that they were facing their end.

A knock jolted me out of my thoughts. I hesitated for a second before reaching for the white towel so that I could wrap it around my body.

Binuksan ko ng bahagya ang pintuan at similip ako roon. A woman that I could really imagine walking on a runway waved at me with a huge smile on her face. May dala siya na paperbag at itinaas niya iyon.

She looks familiar. I think she's one of Domino's sisters-in-law. Sandali ko lang kasi silang nakita dahil umalis sila agad no'n. Kung bumalik man sila ay hindi na nila ako naabutan.

"Hi! I'm Mireia. Dom said you need a change of clothes." Tinuro niya ang kama kung saan may iba pang mga paperbag. "Dinala ko na rin iyong iba pang binili namin para sa'yo noon. We kind of got carried away. Kaya lang pagpunta namin kinabukasan wala ka na."

"Thank you," I said quietly. Kinuha ko sa kaniya ang bag at sinilip ko ang laman no'n. It's the same clothes I wore before I left with my mother two months ago. The pink fluffy hoodie and the most comfortable leggings I put on.

I loved them. I felt comfortable in them. And my mother called them rugs.

"We wanted to send them to you when we found out you were gone." The smile on her face seems to tell me that she knows something that I don't. "But Domino said it's okay if we don't because we'll have a chance to give them to you. It looks like he's right."

It was as if he was sure that we would see each other again.

"You didn't have to go through all the trouble. They even called you here." I gave her a small smile of my own. "Thank you again."

"It's not a problem. Nasa opisina ni Domino ang mga binili namin para sa'yo at nandiyan lang sa tapat ng building ang café ko. My husband told me what happened, and I volunteered to go to you. If I didn't, Dom would be here." She casually lifted her shoulders and let them drop again. "Those men could be a lot. Their presence alone could be overwhelming." She grinned. "Just consider me the representative for the Dagger Wives welcoming committee."

Naguguluhan man ay tinanguhan ko siya. She just beamed as if she was already expecting my confusion.

"Go change your clothes, and I'll help you blow dry your hair."

"I couldn't possibly impose. You don't have to do that."

She pouted, her eyes softening. She even clasps her hands as if she's pleading. Pakiramdam ko ay ang sama kong tao kapag tinanggihan ko siya.

"Umm... okay. I guess?" I mumbled.

Pumalakpak siya at napapakamot sa pisngi na pumasok na ako ulit sa maliit na banyo ng kuwarto para magpalit ng damit.

When we arrived at Dagger, Domino guided me to one of the available rooms they offer their clients. The space is small, but it didn't look like what I expected. Instead, it was modern and visually pleasing.

Once I was done changing, I put all my blood-tainted clothes in the empty paper bag before I went out. Naabutan ko si Mireia na naghihintay sa akin. She gestured to the chair in front of her, and I reluctantly walked towards her.

Kinuha niya sa akin ang hawak ko at itinabi niya iyon bago niya ako pinaupo. "Gusto mo bang itapon ko na ang mga ito o ipapa-laundry ko?"

"I..." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I don't think I want to wear them again."

I saw understanding in her eyes from the reflection of the mirror in front of us. "That's okay. I'll take care of it."

Silence enveloped the room as she gently brushed my long hair. "Your hair looks so healthy. Gusto ko rin sanang magpahaba ng buhok pero ang hassle i-maintain."

She has upper mid-back-length hair. It's in a natural wave, just like mine. The only difference is that my hair extends down to my bottom. If I straighten it, it will probably reach the back of my knees.

"It's kind of a tradition."

"You're Ukrainian, right?" she asked.

"Yes." I paused. "I don't know if I'm pure Ukrainian, though it's my dominant feature. My babusya used to tell me that my mother dated men with different nationalities." The question about my biological father is something my mother never answered.

Napatingin ako sa babae at naramdaman ko ang pamumula ng mukha ko. She didn't need to know that.

She gave my shoulder a reassuring tap before reaching for a heat spray. "Don't worry. I'm not unfamiliar with difficult parents."

"Are yours..." I let my question hang, afraid to be too intrusive.

"Oh, no. That's not what I meant." She sprayed my hair and brushed it again. "My naynay's the best for me. But I've heard and witnessed the way the other wives' parents treat them, and let's just say that to say they're difficult is an understatement." She looked at me in the mirror. "You should read their books."

Bago ko pa matanong kung anong ibig niyang sabihin ay binuksan na niya ang hair dryer. She expertly moved it around my hair without making its strands fly around so much that they would end up tangled again.

Because my hair is long, it took her a long time to dry it. Though I was worried she was getting tired, and I tried to stop her a couple of times, she just kept reassuring me that she was enjoying what she was doing.

Nang matapos siya ay nakangiting sinulyapan niya ako. "Do you want to keep it down?"

My mother hated to see my hair down. She said it looked messy. "It's okay. I'll bun it myself."

She waved her hand. "Let me do it. Isipin mo na lang tinutulungan mo akong mag-practice kapag mahaba na ang buhok ni Pami."

"Pami?"

Her eyes twinkled with so much love. "My little girl. Her name's Paris Milaciel."

I didn't expect her to have a child. She has a body that a lot of women will go under the knife for. She looks like a supermodel.

Nag-iwas ako ng mga mata nang mapunta ang tingin ko sa dibdib niya. I look like a kid next to her. "Are you a model?"

Mireia grinned. "I retired a couple of years ago."

That explains it. She's drop-dead gorgeous. And that also explains what Olena said. Kadalasan daw ay kilalang mga tao ang mga case sa Dagger. Is she one of those cases?

"There. Done!"

She gave me a low twisted bun. It doesn't look like my usual sleek bun and instead this is more casual and laid-back looking. It was pretty. "Thank you. For this... and everything."

Nakangiting pinisil niya ang balikat ko at pagkatapos ay sinimulan na niyang niligpit ang mga gamit niya. When she was done, she turned to me. "Let's go?"

I nodded, and we went out of the room. To my surprise, once we were outside, we found Domino already waiting for us.

Mireia rolled her eyes before shaking her head. "You just can't help it, do you?"

They shared a smile that made the woman just shake her head. She turned to me and waved her fingers as if to say bye. "I'll see you later, Tiara."

I rushed to say another thank you, which she just answered with a wink. Binalot ng katahimikan ang paligid nang maiwan kami ni Domino.

"Do you want something to eat?" he asked after awhile.

"N-No."

Kumunot ang noo niya, pero tumango na lang siya. He gestured for the elevator, and we both walked in that direction.

"The ground floor is where the lobby is. Nandoon din ang secure interview rooms. The first floor is the training area. The armory was moved there this year. Second floor is where the rooms of the other Dagger employees could be found. On the third floor, there's the research, laboratory, and forensic department. Nandoon din ang control room. Dito sa fourth floor ay makikita ang walong guest rooms, pantry, kitchen, and conference room. Sa last floor ay nandoon ang opisina naming magkakapatid. May daan din doon papunta sa rooftop." Nilingon niya ako nang makapasok na kami ng elevator at sumarado iyon. "I'll give you a tour later, but don't worry, you won't get lost. Una dahil laging may tao sa control room. Pangalawa, wala akong balak iwan ka."

I wasn't prepared for what came out of his mouth, and I found myself coughing hard. He just grinned as if he found me amusing.

"You're..." I let out a loud sigh. "I don't understand."

"What is it that you don't understand?"

"Why am I here? What were you doing at the studio? How did you know I was going to get attacked?"

"I didn't." It was his turn to sigh when he saw the visible confusion on my face. "I didn't know that you would get attacked. I wish it hadn't happened. I wish that after you left you didn't need to worry about all of this anymore."

"I—"

"I was worried. This agency works alongside the authorities, but that doesn't mean we fully trust them. At least not all of them. The government is divided into complicated oceans. There's no way to be sure if the authorities are swimming in the right one where it is safe for the people or if they are playing in the one that is full of sharks and other predators." His hand moved as if to take mine, but he stopped himself. "I wanted you safe. The moment you left the hospital, I had someone making sure of your safety until I was enough to do it myself."

"Why?" I asked in a quiet voice. "Why would you do that for me?"

He just looked at me for a few seconds, but before he could answer, the doors of the elevator opened. Nang makalabas kami ay binigyan niya ako ng maliit na ngiti. "I don't think you're ready for the answer."

I opened my mouth to speak, but I stopped myself when I saw one of his brothers, Trace, peek outside from one of the rooms and wave at us.

"We normally conduct initial meetings in the conference room, but they're installing something there—"

I cut him off. "Domino... I don't want to do this. I don't want to disturb anyone of you more than I already did."

Kumunot ang noo niya. "Hindi ka nakakaistorbo. This is what we do."

"But I'm not your client."

"Those men couldn't protect you."

"I..."

He was right. Olena was right too. It will take a long time before the authorities resolve my problem. I wouldn't be surprised if it got buried. It's foolish to swat away the hand that might be able to really help me.

"Tell me why you don't want us? Is it because of me? Do you feel uncomfortable with me?" Shadows clouded his eyes. "If that's the case, then I'll step back. I'll let my brothers handle this."

"That's not it." I bit my lower lip, and I looked down at my hands that I was wringing together. "I-I heard them."

"Heard what?"

"I know they don't want me near you." My eyes misted over. "I know they blame me for what happened to you. That's why they didn't want me to stay with you."

"Hala ka. Kuya Gun kasalanan mo 'yan."

Muntik akong mapatalon sa kinaroroonan ko at napalingon ako sa pinanggalingan ng boses. I felt my cheeks heat up when I realized that all of Domino's brothers were now looking at us.

Trace, who appears to be the one who spoke out, moved his forefinger up and down at his older brother. "Lagot ka. Isusumbong kita kay Lia. Pinapaiyak mo si Tiara."

Domino's grumpy brother gave him a death glare before turning to me. I took an involuntary step back. He's a big man, and he looks like someone who could snap a neck with just a flick of his finger.

"No one's blaming you," he grumbled. "You misunderstood our conversation. It wasn't about you. It was more about my brother being stupid." He lifted his chin towards Domino. "He was injured, but he still wanted to be the superhero. He can't guard you properly in his condition at that time. Staying with one of us or another of Dagger's trained employees was a much better choice. We could transfer you to him when he's ready."

"Hindi na bago sa amin ang injury. It's part of the job. Our main priority is the client." Thorn wasn't smiling, but there was a softness in his eyes. "If there's a possibility that our people can't do his job with his one hundred percent, we wouldn't want to place a client in his care."

Nagtaas ng kamay si Trace. "To summarize, kahit gustong magpapogi ni Domino, hindi siya papayagan ng mga kuya namin dahil alagain pa siya nang mga panahon na iyon."

"Hindi ako alagain," tanggi ni Domino.

"Hindi raw? Eh bakit nagpapaawa ka sa mga asawa namin?"

Ngumisi ang binata. "For weeks I've been eating vegan appetizers from Ember, meals from Lia, desserts from Mireia, and Belaya sent me different non-alcoholic beverages that she concocted. Circe would often visit me so I have company, and Lucienne even bought me a power recliner chair to help me heal."

This time it wasn't just Gun that was giving Domino a glare but he appears to be immune to it. He turned to me and patted my head. "Is that clear now? Are you going to sign our contract? Though, just to tell you, even if you don't, nothing will change. You'll still be protected by us."

The "why" is playing at the back of my tongue, and I know he could see it. But it was as if I could hear what he said just moments ago.

"I don't think you're ready for the answer."

"How about your mom? Is that going to be a problem?" he asked.

I shook my head. She just have to deal.

There have been too many deaths around me since all this chaos started. Gary and Boris might be creepy, but they didn't deserve to go that way.

"No," I answered.

"That's great, then." He placed a hand at the small of my back, and an involuntarily shiver ran through my body as if I had been jolted by electricity because of his touch. "Let's make me yours then."

Napahinto ako at nanlalaki ang mga mata na nag-angat ako ng mukha sa kaniya. "W-What do you mean?"

His lips turned up, and the serpent that usually slithered at the back of his eyes glinted more brightly. "Your bodyguard."

"Oh," I whispered.

We followed his brothers, who were all walking in the direction of what seemed to be a meeting room. But before we entered, I caught a hint of Domino's own whispered words.

"For starters."

____________________________End of Chapter 6.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

132K 3.3K 90
How will Zyra find the freedom she is looking for? how can she complete her personality? How can she cope with all his difficulties? What if one day...
33.6K 1.1K 14
(This is a side story of Femme Fatale. I suggest you read that FIRST before proceeding to this one. It's worth it, at least for me and for those who...
260K 10K 66
For Sebastian Lerwick, being a good father, a loving husband, and a loyal member of the mafia are his top priorities. But when he's given a mission t...
1.3M 58.5K 48
Belaya Lawrence is the most sought-after actress of her time. She loves her job. She loves living different lives, even if she only has one. It's cha...