π‚π‘π€π‚πŠπˆππ† ᡖᡉᡃᡏʸ α΅‡Λ‘β±βΏα΅ˆα΅‰...

By gracessecretshelby

Where Thomas Shelby finds himself slowly destroying the bond between him and his daughter when she needs him... More

introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
88
89
90

87

699 17 0
By gracessecretshelby

Delilah sat with Charlie under her arm, Madeline asleep on the bed beside them. "What's going to happen, Delilah?" he whispered. She blinked hard. "I don't know..Charles..i don't know. But whatever does happen, i'm here, Lizzie is here."

"You promise?" he asked, lifting up his pinky finger. "I promise," she linked his finger with her own.

"One day, Charlie, i'll take you back to America with me. And you can have a big bedroom, and a horse," she smiled, leaning her head back. "And we can live in a house bigger than this one," Delilah smiled slightly.

"I'd like that.." he whispered. "I see her, Ruby, every time i close my eyes, can't sleep." he said. "She holds onto me, Delilah"

"Don't let her go, Charlie. Keep her with you."

-

"Take a look at her," Tommy called out to Diana who approached the January. "Now imagine ten people living on site. Step on, have a look inside,"

Diana took her shoes off.

"I've had a response from the Guinness Trust about building charitable housing on two sites along the canal network between London, Birmingham and Liverpool" he said as she stepped onto the boat. "This lock here will be one of the sites. I have the permission i just need the finance. I know that you and your husband, Bryan Guinness are estranged. But i understand you still have influence in the Guinness family."

Diana scoffed.

"Your support might help them make their decision. Will you help me?"

She stepped back off, walking round to him and holding her hand out. "I've booked a suite in a hotel a mile from here, my chauffeur will take us there" she said as he helped her onto the boat.

"You look quite the thing, dressed like that, like a working man. They'll probably show you to the coal house to make your delivery."

"Yep. They probably will," he sighed.

"Oswald has fucked your wife, so, my suggestion is about balance and proportion. It would be only fair," Diana sat, taking the cigarette from his fingers.

"Can i assume i have your support?" he asked. "This isn't about charitable housing, this is about changing the world, Thomas. It's about a different kind of trust, absolute trust. We have important work ahead of us. It's much harder to lie with your body than with your words,"

"This i have learnt" he agreed.

"Mostly, i do whatever i want to do," she told him. "Sometimes i do things for the cause, in this case it's both. Come." Diana stood again.

-

Tommy collapsed beside Diana on the purple bed sheets, breathing heavily. "In the interests of absolute clarity, that is simply the English aristocracy's way of shaking hands" she said. "So..welcome"

He stared at the ceiling, sitting up and holding his head.

-

Lizzie looked at herself in the mirror, fixing her hair. "We need to leave early to catch the first train to Liverpool. Yes?"

"Yep" he agreed.

"So we eat early, finish early."

Tommy pulled his shirt over his shoulders. "You changed the combination of the safe. Why?" she asked. "Have you got new secrets?"

"With this new business at hand, there are some things i cannot share." he said, opening a bottle of pills.

"What things?" Lizzie frowned. "What are this tablets?"

"Doctor gave em me," he said plainly, doing up the buttons of his shirt. "Painkillers?" she asked. He hummed. "What pain?"

"Any pain that comes, Lizzie"

She threw her head back, standing and grabbing his red tie from the mirror and standing behind him, placing it over his shoulders. "When you're ready, i want you to tell me everything that's going on" she said, placing her hands on his chest. "It's like the clock stopped ticking and i'm waiting for the bomb to explode. We're in that quiet minute. Tommy?"

He turned to her and she held his face.

"That's where we live now, Lizzie. When i know everything, i will tell you everything."

Lizzie swallowed hard as he turned back to the mirror.

-

"Siah?" Delilah shouted, quickly walking through the house with her purse in hand. "Yeah" he shouted back, appearing at the top of the stairs with Madeline.

"I'm leaving now, meeting Lizzie and my dad there," she said, placing her earrings in her ears.

He walked down the stairs, placing Madeline down.

Isiah carefully cupped her face, placing a quick kiss on her lips. "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked. "If you're not feeling good, you don't have to go" he nodded, She placed a kiss on his lips, wiping the lipstick that had appeared on his lips. His thumb ran over her shoulder. "I'll be okay," she said.

Delilah kneeled down to Madeline, hugging her, "Goodnight, be good for your dad, yeah?" she whispered.

-

"No, Gina's running wild, you see" Jack spoke. "Harrods, dope, amphetamines, lords and ladies, you know the whole English aristocracy thing" He looked at the butler who tried pouring him a glass. "Fuck wine, whiskey" he demanded.

Delilah returned to the room after excusing herself to the lavatory and sat down opposite Jack.

"Shelby you having whiskey?" he asked. "I'll stay on wine" Tommy said. "Fuck wine, more whiskey i'm celebrating, celebration, you know? Getting off this fucking island."

"I'll have some whiskey, pour me a glass will you, Mr Nelson?"

Jack scowled at her.

"You see, the thing with England, the currency here it's not money. Nah, you got bored of money a long time ago. Cause you know anyone can have money. You can fucking..you can fucking find money in the mud, you can forge money. Mr Shelby you can steal money, am i right?"

Lizzie let out a breath, staring at the table.

"The currency here it's blood. And Mr Shelby knows that better than all of them. Blood here is like wine, like vintage wine in that bottle. It's the label. It's the terroir, the grape that makes the wine. Who fucking cares about the glass around it? And you my friend, you're an American. You fucking smash the glass, you spill the blood and you spend their currency to get what you want. Am i right?"

Tommy glared at him.

"When you come to America, i will show you things."

"You're going to America?" Lizzie asked. "To Canada, Lizzie, to collect payment for the shipment. I need to do it myself."

Delilah lifted her head.

"And who will be going with you?"

"Micheal will be there to watch his back." Jack said. Lizzie leaned in. "Another journey, Tommy?"

"Five million dollars, Mrs Shelby. Worth a little cruise don't you think?" he tormented.

"You know whiskey does talk, Mr Nelson, and sometimes whiskey is very eloquent. But five million dollars, Mr Nelson..now that is a legacy. And when i come back, i will know everything."

"I see myself so clearly in you, Thomas Shelby. You are a man with a bright and glittering future."

The door opened, Frances appeared. "Mr Shelby there's a car coming up the drive, a Rolls Royce. Were you expecting more guests?" she asked.

He shook his head slightly. "No"

Tommy put out his cigarette and excused himself.

The door opened and Diana and Oswald walked in. "We were on our way to my constituency in Smethwick and i heard our American friend was in Birmingham and he was coming here. So we came to say one last farewell" he stood in front of Tommy. "Champagne, we have much to celebrate."

Diana and Oswald entered the room and sat down.

"It's not that i thought Mr Shelby wouldn't give you an excellent send off. I just felt, since telegrams and wires and letters can so easily be intercepted, we might confirm all that we've achieved during your visit over champagne."

"It is remarkable how quickly our relationships have developed" Diana smiled. Delilah tilted her head. "So many triangles in this room," she continued. "Everyone except Mr Nelson and Delilah is the point of a triangle."

Lizzie scoffed. "How am i part of a triangle?"

"Mr Nelson, you have all that you came for?" Oswald asked.

"I have confirmation that the future of Europe is in the hands of men like yourselves."

"And that urgent conversations between Washington, Rome and of course Berlin can now begin. A two week visit may have changed the course of history." Oswald said.

Jack nodded. "We all got what we wanted."

"Yes," Diana said, looking at Tommy. "And i got what i wanted from the moment i set eyes on it." Tommy stared down at the table as both Lizzie and Delilah looked at him coldly.

"Elizabeth, you are a very lucky woman. To have each day what i have only sampled once."

Delilah pushed away from the table, her heart quickening, watching as Lizzie left the room.

She pushed Diana's glass of wine over, letting it spill onto the table.

"Fuck you," She whispered to Diana, "fuck both of you. You can't just let people have a nice life can you? You just have to go and ruin everything." Delilah hissed, slamming the door.

She stormed up the stairs, holding onto the bannister for support as she struggled to breath. Delilah slid down the wood, holding her chest and squeezing her eyes closed. "Oh my god," she whispered, panicking as she struggled to regain her breath.

"Delilah?" Charlie asked, quickly walking out of his room. He leaned down beside her, pulling her to sit up straight. "What's happened?"

Lilah shook her head, holding onto him. "Go back to bed Charles, it's okay,"

He hesitantly stood, walking back to his room.

"You're starting to burn, Tommy Shelby" she whispered, "just like i said you would the night you killed my boyfriend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 10.3K 56
Eleonora Shelby. Twelve and a family full of gangsters; Ellie navigates her way through love and loss, pain and heartbreak, brothers and lovers, and...
528K 8.9K 29
He loved her in his own twisted way. In which Tommy falls for a young woman with a dark past.
2.7M 37.5K 115
*UNDER EDITING* Imagines for your favourite Shelby family (and Alfie!)
498K 11K 29
When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. He didn't expect her to be Charlie Strong...