Among The Fallen Stars...{COD}

By NicoAlsoHasATwitter

Soap is a single father who moves to a new city. Not to make more friends, but to forget about his divorce, a... More

Authors note
Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Strange Nicknames
Chapter 3: Saved Numbers
Chapter 4: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 5: Found you
Chapter 6: Discovering Something New
Chapter 7: School's Out
Chapter 8: Mid-day Arguments
Chapter 9: Thoughts Of The Past
Chapter 10: Apologies
Chapter 12: Tired Soldier
Chapter 13: Hangover
Chapter 14: Dinner and Problems
Chapter 15: The World Through Her Eyes
Chapter 16: Drive Home
Chapter 17: Hookers and Daydreams
Chapter 18: New Voice Message
Chapter 19: Five Minutes
Chapter 20: Sun and Moon
Chapter 21: Overcast With A Chance Of Heavy Showers
Chapter 22: Wrong Idea
Chapter 23: Unknown Purgatory
Chapter 24: Our Last Night
Chapter 25: Last Day On Earth
Epilogue + Authors Note
ANNOUNCEMENT?!

Chapter 11: Bar Conversations

1.2K 28 28
By NicoAlsoHasATwitter

Ghost POV

I knock on Price's door, the plan is to get off early so I can drink, stick to the plan. The door opens, Price is holding a mug, gradually taking a sip out of it. When he notices it's me knocking, his eyebrow furrows, "What did you do?" Price asks. "Pardon?" I question, "Each time I let you in my office, you either linger around till you steal one my cigars, or you talk my ear off until I leave then you take one of my cigars."

"Captain-" Price cuts me off, "Ghost I like you, but you can't keep stealing my shit" Price says. We stand in silence for a moment, "Can I-" Price steps aside waving me in. "Yes you can come in" he says, I walk in past him, he closes his door. "Gaz told me to that we're going to the bar tonight" Price says, walking back over to his desk.

"I told him that I was going, and he invited himself" I say, he sets down his cup as he sits at hos desk, "I don't give a damn what you two do in your freetime, why are you in my office" Price asks. Straight to the point, "I want to know if I'm able to take off early today" I ask, Price squints his eyes in a suspicious manner.

"This is what, your third time asking off? You are involved with someone" he says, forming a smile on his face. I cross my arms, looking down at him, "Just a friend" I respond coldly. "The Ghost that I know doesn't keep friends" Price says, he stand and walking over to stand in front of me. "The Price I know, doesn't ask too many questions" I respond, we stand in quiet for a moment.

"You know what's coming up, getting involved with someone isn't the best idea" Price says. I think for a moment, "I only came here to see if I could go" I say. Price looks me up and down, "Finish your reports and turn them in, and after that, I'll meet you guys there" Price says. He turns back to his desk, his words leave a sour taste in my mouth, "You can let yourself out, you're dismissed" Price says.

I dig my fingers into my palms, "Yes Captain" I say, leaving the room. I start towards my office, If I get my work done I'll get to see you. I dip into a room, I pulls out my phone, 'Won't be off for a minute, want me to pick you up?' I send the text to John. I let out a stressed sigh, Six reports in four hours, no, six reports in three and a half hours.

I feel my phone vibrate, 'Not drinking?' John replies, 'I'd rather get home safe' I respond. Three and a half hours till I see you, 'I'll get you a non-alcoholic Moscow Mule then' John replies. I smirk at my screen, 'I'd rather you put a gun to my head then pay $13 for lime flavored ice' I respond. 'Might have to, we'll see what they have, let me know when you're on your way' John replies.

I put my phone away, exiting the room, I make my way to my office. Three and a half hours till I see you.

Really super cool time skip!!

Soap POV

I grab my phone, making my way out of my apartment, I see Simon leaning on the wall next to my door. He's wearing a leather jacket, with all black attire, and a skull mask that only covers the lower half of his face. I lock my door, "Another skull mask?" I say, he puts his phone away, "I don't like people seeing my face" Simon says.

He gets up from the wall putting his hands in his pockets, "How are you going to drink?" I ask. "Should I take it off?" he asks, I look him over, "You're not entirely bad looking" I joke. I start to walk away, "What do you mean entirely?" I silently chuckle to myself, "Johnny-" he says, walking next to me. 

We walk to his truck, starting our way to the bar, "I was looking at non-alcoholic drinks, and I'm not sure what to get you" I say. "Still planning on buying me something?" Simon asks, I turn to him, "I said I was going to, so I am" I say confidently. He shakes his head, letting out a sigh, time quickly goes by and we arrive to the bar.

I step out of the car, Ghost walks over to me, taking his mask off throwing it into the car. We start walking towards the bar, this area is unfamiliar to me, but it's nice to know a good bar I could go to. We walk in, the atmosphere is warm, the place is bustling with people talking and having a good time. "Wanna sit at the bar?" I ask, "Yea-" Simon get's cut off by a man yelling across the bar.

"GHOST! I GOT US A TABLE!" a man yells out, we both turn in the sounds direction. I look around confused, Who in the world.. Simon turns to me, "Are they talking to you?" I ask. A man comes over, hitting Simon on the back, "Ghost, we made eye contact, don't be a bitch, and you" the man says turning his attention to me.

I watch as he looks me over, he puts his arm around me, starting to lead me to the table. "I don't think we've met yet, what's your name?" The man asks. "John MacTavish, Sir" I say, he raises his eyebrows, "Sir? You know me?" The man asks, "Sargent Kyle Garrick" I say confidently. I watch as he smiles, "Well since we're drinking tonight, I'll let you call me Gaz" he says.

We arrive to the table, another man is sitting, he looks up. "Captain Price?" I say, he holds up his already started drink, "MacTavish" Price greets. "Sir" I nod to him, I sit in the seat closest to the wall, Gaz sits next to me. Simon grabs his arm, pulling him out of the seat, "OK, ok, I'm moving" Gaz says, sitting next to Price. 

Simon sits next to me, crossing his arms, an unpleasant look on his face. "Ignore him, he just looks like that" Gaz says. "It's fine, I'm pretty use to it now" I say, Gaz chuckles, grabbing a drink menu. "Shocked anyone can stand that, how long have you been around here?" Gaz asks, "A month and a half, but I've worked at base to close to a month" I respond.

He nods, "The fuck you move here for?" Gaz asks, "Garrick-" Simon says in a dark tone. "Simon.. I moved here to be closer to my daughter" I say, Price raises his eyebrow, "Married?" Price asks. "Divorced" I respond, Gaz scoffs, "Well tonight we're gonna make you forget" Gaz says, getting up from the table.

"I'm getting us shots" Gaz says, walking over to the bar, Ok this seems to be going well. I look to Price and notice him staring at me, "You seem close, calling him by his first name" Price says. I look to Simon, who's staring intensely at Price, I push his foot lightly with mine. Causing him to look at me, I flex my eyebrows, he lays back, more relaxed.

"I think he just likes hearing it, I call him Ghost too, but not often" I say, Price lets out a hearty chuckle. "Not a lot of people have that pleasure" Price says, Not a lot of people? "Guess you can consider me lucky" I say. Gaz comes back to the table, passing around shots, Simon pushes his away. Forgot he wasn't drinking, I stand, I lean down to Simon's ear.

"I'm gonna go get you that drink I promised" I say, I scratch his back lightly, leaving for the bar. I walk over, leaning on it, I wave over a bartender. Simon leans close next to me, his chest close to my arm, "Sorry about him" Simon says. I shrug it off, "Not how I would imagine my first impression of my two highest superiors, instead of casual drinking, it feels like a second job interview" I say.

"Trust it's not, but if it's too much we can leave whenever you want" Simon says, I turn to him. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you were going soft on me" I reply smirking, he has is worried look in his face. I let out a chuckle "I'm fine, it's been a minute since I've had a group of friends to drink with, but I'm adjusting and it's ok. Go sit down, I don't want you to see what I'm getting you" I say. I pat his chest, turning back to the bar.

After I returned to the table, all I could remember was Gaz feeding what felt like an endless amount of shots. Drink after drink, hard laughter, and some memories that come out quite fuzzy. At the table was just me Gaz and Price, Ghost had left off somewhere "Haha, you need another shot, I'm getting you another shot" Gaz says, not as drunk as I. 

He leaves the table, I look over to Price, who's on a new beer that he got... I don't remember how long ago. "I like your beard" I say, Price sips his beer, "Thanks... I guess.. You said you had a daughter?" Price asks, I lazily nod. "Yup, she's four" I say, "Ahh four, mother in the picture?" he asks. My face drops a bit, "Yeah, real bitch though" I say.

Price furrows his brow, "I don't know how she cheated and got everything, probably slept with her lawyer, who knows" I say. I grab my cup, trying to drink from it, "Empty, where the hell is Gaz with the next round?" I look around the bar, everything is blurry, I turn back to Price. Fuck it, "You seeing anyone MacTavish?" Price asks.

I smirk, "Heh, you interested?" I ask, Price furrows his brow a bit. "If I was?" Price questions, I let out a chuckle, "Not currently, but I have to let you know that my type is tattoos, with a nice 'Personality' if you know what I mean" I slur out. Price nods his head, "Tattoos.. How'd you meet Ghost?" Price asks.

"He did my job interview, we just hit it off after that.. You know, the people around him make him seem like the most terrifying person to run into, but when he's in front of you, he's just a normal guy" I tell Price. He stays quiet allowing me to continue, "He's patient, he's calm, the man fucking reads for god's sake, he's.. He's warm, so warm, I like him..." I say, I look to the table.

"When I introduced him to Maddison, I don't know what it was but she just clings to him, I'd be wrong if I said I wasn't jealous of my own daughter being able to be so close to him" I say. I feel the empty shot glass in my hand, "I love her but sometimes I wish that she didn't look so much like her mother.." I set the glass down.

"Getting over a divorce is hard, I tried to hold on to her after.. Everything, but it's difficult to hold onto someone who doesn't want you" I say. I smile lightly, "But being around Simon.. Just makes everything so much better" I say. Gaz comes back to the table, "I've come bearing gifts, one for me, one for Soap, and one for... Ghost?" Gaz looks around. Price sets aside his beer, taking Ghost's shot, "Went for a smoke" Price says, downing the shot in one go.

Ghost POV

I grab the shot out of John's hand, placing it back on the table, I grab his hand. "Get up, we're leaving" I say, he stands, "Leaving so soon? We were just getting into your relationship" Price says. I ignore him, John picks back up the shot, I grab his hand that has the shot. He fights me, and takes it anyway, Jesus, I start to pull him through the bar, leaving Price and Gaz.

We exit the bar, the parking lot is dark, besides the one dimly lit street light, we start to walk towards my car. John reaches around me, clinging onto me, "John it's hard to walk with you on me" I say, "It's fucking cold" he says. I take off my jacket, putting it on him, "Great let's go" I say, grabbing his hand.

He leans his head on my shoulder "You're a big softie, my golden boy, Siiiimonn" John says, dragging my name out. I flinch a bit when he says my name, Your golden boy, he turns his head to me, "You do like the sound of your name" John says. "Johnny you're drunk" I say, trying to change the subject, I watch a smile form on his face.

"Simon" John says happily, I turn away as my face feels hot, "Simon, Simon, Simon" John says. I turn back, looking down on him, "Yes Johnny?" I ask. He smiles widely, with his glossy eyes looking up at me, "Hi Simon" John says. "Hi" I respond quietly Shit, He starts to laugh, I open the passenger door of my car.

"Get in" I say, he hops in, I try to let go of his hand but he's starting to grip it. "I can't get in my seat if you're holding my hand" I say, he sadly lets go. I close his door, I take out my keys, starting to walk around the car. "Ghost" Price says out, I turn to him, he's walking towards me. I start to walk towards him, "Price" I say, we stand in front of each other.

He looks past me and into my car, seeing John in the front seat, "Taking him home?" Price asks. "Yeah" I respond, "Is this the person you're just friends with?" he asks, I cross my arms, not responding. He lets out a loud sigh, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "Have you lost your mind? Getting involved with someone when our deployment is closing in?" Price criticizes.

"Johnny is my friend, not involved" I respond, "Yeah not involved by meeting his four year old daughter Maddison, heard that she really likes you" Price says. I furrow my brow, "You and your friend Johnny apparently know each other real well. I mean you should have heard him, 'He's patient, he's warm, he reads' With how much he said about you, he seems almost like a risk" Price says.

"He's not a risk-" Price cuts me off, "Ghost, I know how you are, it's clear how this ends, you get involved, fuck them, and then you leave them" Price says. I turn away, "I'm not listening to this" I say, "Ghost, he's fresh off a divorce, whatever false hope you're giving him of a real relationship, drop it" Price says. I ignore him, walking away, "Ghost listen to me.. Ghost.. Simon Riley" I stop.

"Broken can't help broken, Simon" Price says, my name sharp on his tongue, I dig my fingers into my palm. I quickly turn to face him, "And why can't I change?" I say out angrily. "Tell me.. I've killed people for a country that doesn't give me the time of day, so tell me why can't I change? So because I'm a lifeless shell, I have to stay like that forever?" I say. Price is shocked by my reaction, his face gets angrier.

He walks up to me, "God is unforgiving, you know better than any of us that when we get sent out, there is more of a chance of us dying than returning home with all our limbs" Price says. "I know what I'm doing" I say, keeping my stance. "Reminder, when your shot dead in the field, we don't send dog tags to one night stands. Make. Up. Your. Mind." Price says.

He walks away, leaving a sour taste in my mouth, I walk back to my car getting in the driver's seat. John is trying to open the glovebox, as soon as I get in the car, he quickly turns to me. His smile quickly returns, "Hi Simon" John says warmly, I hang my head, letting out a sigh.

"Hi.. Johnny"

{I've done nothing but writing and watching Streamer VODs on youtube, haven't watched YOU. This Wednesday- Saturday schedule is bomb. Hope you enjoyed!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 6.9K 27
↞↞↞♛↠↠↠ Everyone makes at least one mistake in their life; if you don't, you're not human. I just happen to be one of those people who make a lot of...
32.5K 316 11
18+ enjoy ‼️
3.9K 423 35
This is an already completed book updating every Friday! Highest Ranking: #17 Parent #60 fallinginlove #89 Gayness __________________________________...
808 20 7
Sometimes, things don't work out how you plan. Feelings get hurt, people die, you get trapped. Ghost and Soap, only a few feet apart, yet it still fe...