Time's Up : The Mystery Of Cl...

بواسطة mister_yoos

A seemingly ordinary class full of competitive and smart students hides a terrifying secret. The class of Gra... المزيد

Disclaimer
Chapter 1 : The Train
Chapter 2 : The Diary
Chapter 3 : The Plan
Chapter 4 : The Class
Chapter 5 : The Diary II
Chapter 6 : The Warning
Chapter 7 : The Research Teacher's Death
Chapter 8 : The Mysterious Sender
Chapter 9 : The Diary III
Chapter 10 : The Sketch
Chapter 11 : Mike Libra
Chapter 12 : Time's Up
Chapter 13 : Sleepless Night
Chapter 14 : The Curse
Chapter 15 : Scarred
Chapter 16 : The Shadow
Chapter 17 : Mixed Feelings
Chapter 18 : Lander Parr
Chapter 19 : Another Death
Chapter 20 : Truth and Suspicions
Chapter 22 : Momentary

Chapter 21 : Fear

6 1 0
بواسطة mister_yoos

Chapter 21: Fear

"What the hell is happening? I'm scared." Fina cried, her hands trembling.

"Who would do that to my cousin? Why? Landerh likes playing pranks but he's a good guy. He may be silly most of the time but he never offended nor did he hurt anyone." Criss' eyes are swollen from crying overnight.

"This is getting serious. People are dying inside our school and yet no one didn't even notice." Redge sighed.

"What surprises me is that our class didn't even get suspended." Gero chuckled.

Everyone was gathered inside the classroom. The girls are crying from fear and sorrow for what happened to their friend and classmate. The boys who are usually noisy and always bickering are as quiet as they've ever been. Even Jei who's always nosy and playful was quietly seated on his chair. Daive and JeMair are also behaving the same. It was the first time Nhissie had witnessed such an atmosphere inside the class Silang. Daive and Jei looked like they haven't got any sleep all night.

"Are we really going to die one by one? Is there really a curse cast upon us by Angela Pines?" Lia spoke, her voice shaking.

Rome held his girlfriend's hands. "Baby, don't believe such nonsense. Curses are fictional, they aren't real, okay?"

"Then how do you explain everything, Rome? If it wasn't some kind of curse, what is it? First, it was Miss Jinx, then Mike and now it's Landerh. We have no idea who will come next. If it's not a curse, then what is it? Who's killing us one by one?" Emi exclaimed, her tears threatening to fall as Thea hugged her.

"Girl, calm down," Thea whispered, trying her best to stay calm too.

"This is ridiculous." Aly slammed her hand on the desk. "I can't take this anymore!"

"Aly..." Gero quickly went to check on her. "Are you okay?"

"No, Gero. I'm not okay."

"Aly,"

"Guys, calm down. It's not the time for us to panic. We need to think and figure out everything to help the authorities with the investigation." Daive, as usual, stood up to calm everyone down.

"Really, Daive? We know you're always calm but seriously?" Faye crossed her arms. "Our research teacher and two of our classmates are dead and you're telling us to calm down?"

"Faye, don't yell at Daive. He's just concerned about us. Besides he's right, it's not the time to panic." Marga tried to stand in the middle.

Faye glared at her. "Mind your own business, Marga. You don't usually open your mouth, so keep them shut, okay?" She then rolled her eyes causing the other to sit down embarrassed.

"Faye, will you stop? It's not the time to argue. Don't be rude to Marga." Charlotte said too.

Faye crossed her arm. "So? Now, you're all ganging up against me? I'm just stating the obvious fact that someone or something is killing us and asking me to calm down, isn't it a little insensitive? I don't believe that you all are calm right now."

"Faye, it's not like that." Aly sighed.

"Should we just stay quiet then until someone dies again, huh? Who knows who will come next?" Faye scoffed and glared at everyone with a smirk. "Let's see if you all can still be calm if it's your time to die. You can keep ganging up on me but I won't even shed a single tear if one of you dies next."

"Faye! Stop it talking like there isn't a chance that you're gonna be next."

"What did you just say, Dhee Jei?"

"You're being insensitive here. What we have to do is figure out what's happening, okay? Let's stop talking about things that shouldn't be talked about. Landerh was a good friend, I wanted to forget what happened even just for a second." Dhee Jei sighed and leaned on his chair.

Faye laughed sarcastically. "What's happening is everyone is dying, you idiot. Why don't you like to talk about it? Or are you hiding something, huh?"

"What the hell are you indicating, huh?" Dhee Jei stood up, fists balled.

Faye raised her brows. "You're the last person who saw Landerh alive. You were with Mike when Miss Jinx caught him at the bar."

"Are you saying I'm the one who killed them?" Alwyn and Redge quickly held Dhee Jei's arms to stop him from charging towards Faye.

"Jei..." Redge held his arm to calm him down. "C'mon, she's a girl."

"Faye, you are not in the right place to make such accusations," Renz stated.

"Murder isn't something to joke about." Paul backed him up.

"Faye, don't spout nonsense. Jei and Landerh are buddies. Don't accuse him of doing something horrible." Redge defended Dhee Jei too.

"Why? Don't I have a point? He's connected to the three of them. Who knows, maybe he killed them for his own benefit? He's too defensive."

"Enough with your accusation, Faye. You don't have any proof, so you better cut it out. We were all looking for Landerh yesterday. If Dhee Jei really has something to do with it, do you think we won't notice?" Gero rebutted.

"Criminals are manipulative. Who knows? Maybe he's just been playing us all along?" Faye is really stubborn.

"You bitch!" Dhee Jei yelled, pointing his trembling finger at the girl. "If I were really a killer, I'd definitely kill you the second I had a chance, witch! Trust me." He growled angrily.

"Try me!"

"I'm really going to crash you, Faye Villa!"

"Go on!"

"You-"

"WILL YOU GUYS STOP ARGUING? I'M GOING CRAZY WITH YOUR BASELESS AND USELESS CHATTERS! YOU ALL ARE DRIVING ME TO INSANITY!" Everyone went silent when Daive shouted in distress. It was the first time they saw their always-composed class president that way. "Our friends are dying, why are you being like this? I should be the one acting stressed since I was the one who saw Landerh in that state. I should be the one complaining, screeching, and acting anxious but have you seen me act such a way? I am trying my best to calm down and think of a way to protect everyone, to protect you guys but what are you doing? Huh?"

"Daive..." Dhee Jei mumbled, lowering his gaze.

"I am in distress too. I am scared and I can't even sleep a blink because every time I closed my eyes, I could see Landerh's face. I am anxious and if I can, I just wanted to stay in my bed and lie down all day until I wake up from this damn nightmare."

"President..." The whole class stayed silent.

"I'm being honest. You can always see me calm and composed but I'm a human too. I get tired and stressed. I have too many things on my mind. The scene of Landerh's state, I can't get it out of my head. I haven't slept a blink last night. My body is trembling with fear and anxiety. My mind is crowded with thoughts and worries but did you hear me complaining? I just wanted to think, and you guys are not helping at all."

"We're sorry..." Rome lowered his head, together with the others.

"I'm trying my best, guys. I'm really trying to stay sane and it's hard." Daive sounded tired and emotional that his voice nearly cracked. "I needed you most in these kinds of situations. I need your support, not your arguments. Have you forgotten our class Silang's golden rule?"

"No." They all said in unison.

"Then tell me, what is it?"

"Blood is thicker than water and class Silang is stronger when we work and stick together." Everyone chanted except Faye, who kept rolling her eyes, and JeMair and Nhissie who are just watching.

"We don't know what or who's behind this but we must stick together. This isn't the time to argue or point fingers at one another. I was with Jei when we found Landerh, I can assure you he wasn't involved. So please, please. I'm begging you guys to stay calm but alert. No one should stay behind. We have to protect each other." Daive said in a long line.

Everyone nodded in agreement. Alwyn and Redge calmed Jei and sat him down. Fina, Criss, Emi, Thea, Charlotte, and Marga held hands and hugged each other. Gero sat beside his friend, Aly. Lia was being hugged by Rome, doing his best to comfort his girlfriend. Nhissie just sighed and leaned on her chair. JeMair looked at Daive. It was the first time he scolded the class and raised his voice. JeMair could feel the burden on his shoulders. He knew how he was so stressed out. Witnessing what happened to Landerh, it was unforgettable. It wasn't easy to get over with.

The class was cancelled but everyone chose to stay for a while. They lit candles outside the crime scene since no one is allowed inside. After that, Daive made sure everyone already left the school before he went to the student council office to continue his tasks despite everything that happened. JeMair went to the rooftop to get some fresh air while Nhissie went to their headquarters.

"Partner, how's the kids?" Launce asked as he handed her a cup of iced coffee.

Nhissie sighed. "They're scared which is not surprising. The school cannot hide it anymore. The kids are aware someone is out there, trying to harm them."

"Those poor kids."

"That's why we have to work harder. Let's do our best so that there won't be any more victims." Chief Rhodes' arrival interrupted them.

They both saluted in respect. "Chief..."

"Sit down." Chief Rhodes gestured to them. "Right now, we have no clue about the culprit's identity but I found something that might be significant."

Nhissie and Launce looked at each other. "What is it, Chief?" Nhissie asked.

"I reviewed all the CCTV footage from Angela Pines' alleged suicide to Landerh Parr's murder." He made the laptop face them and played the videos. "No matter how many times I watch them, I saw no one get in nor get out of the school around the time of the murder.

"Maybe the footage was tampered with just like before?" Launce guessed.

Chief Rhodes shook his head. "I already checked and it wasn't touched. It's the original footage." He explained.

"Does that mean the killer might be inside the school the whole time?" Launce asked.

"Maybe yes and maybe no," Rhodes answered.

"Huh?"

"Wait. There's a forest behind the school where there's no fence nor a security camera. If there's anywhere safest for someone who doesn't wanna be seen, that's the best place to walk in and out without being captured by the CCTV." Nhissie concluded.

Launce suddenly remembered what happened yesterday when he was investigating the crime scene. "That could be possible. That guy from yesterday could be the one behind it all." He whispered.

"Are you saying something, Launce?" Nhissie looked at him.

"Yesterday, someone was there right after everyone left and I was the only one who stayed. It was dark already but there was a man. I wasn't able to see his face but I'm sure that he has something to do with this case."

"Why didn't you tell me when you got home?" Nhissie furrowed her brows.

"Well, that kid, JeMair was with us so I wasn't able to tell you." He replied.

"All right. Let's set a hidden camera at that place and see what we can get." Chief Rhodes stood up after instructing them. "Be careful."

He smiled and patted their shoulders before leaving the room. Nhissie and Launce sighed as they sat down. They feel tired and stressed out about the case. Not having a single clue isn't the worst thing but the possibility that Landerh Parr wouldn't be the last victim.

"What could be the motive behind these killings?" Launce whispered as he bit his lower lips.

"No matter what the motive is, we must do our best to catch the culprit. I can't let him kill anyone anymore, especially those kids." Nhissie sighed.

"Are you not suspicious of them anymore?"

"I still believe something isn't right within that class but for now, our main focus should be catching the culprit behind all of this. I think through that, we'll also be able to unfold the mystery lying behind the class Silang."

"You must be careful, partner. You, working undercover worries me." Launce said in concern.

Nhissie smiled at him and said, "Don't worry about me, I can protect myself. I have to stay in that school, especially at this time. It would be easier to catch the culprit when I'm around his potential prey." She assured him.

"Okay. Just be careful and call me any time." He reminded to which Nhissie only nodded.

She stayed for a short while before going back home.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

Love And Lies بواسطة CJ Legg

قصص المراهقين

99 2 10
After her best friend, Marci, killed herself, Olivia Jensen goes back to school and tries to just keep her head down and not be noticed by anybody, l...
8.5K 71 22
20 students wake up in a mysterious classroom where they have to kill each other in order to survive. That is, if they do not get caught. Note: The s...
224 2 12
12 highschool students living their normal day to day lives until murders start to occur in their town by someone they love and trust. Who will make...
3.3K 376 51
Two girls fighting for survival, in a destroyed world. A world where people eat each other and are beyond recognition. Can they trust each other? wil...