π‚π‘π€π‚πŠπˆππ† ᡖᡉᡃᡏʸ α΅‡Λ‘β±βΏα΅ˆα΅‰...

By gracessecretshelby

Where Thomas Shelby finds himself slowly destroying the bond between him and his daughter when she needs him... More

introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90

31

3.2K 72 3
By gracessecretshelby

My name is Thomas Shelby, and today i'm going to kill a man. Today is Derby day and the murder will take place this afternoon at the Epsom races. It may be that i'm able to escape after the killing, the odds are not good. Which is why i'm writing this letter, i've been forced by agents of the crown to carry out this murder. And in the event of my own death i want the following facts to be known: My family are innocent of any involvement,

-

"Who are we?" John shouted at the peaky blinder boys. "The small heath rifles" they shouted back. John grinned, ruffling his younger brother hair and following them outside.

"Took your fucking time" Delilah rolled her eyes as John finally walked out of the house.

-

And whilst some of them maybe guilty of other things, i've not shared details of this mission with any of them and how company assets were used. Agents of the crown have joined forces with pro-treats Fenians to arrange this murder. I believe the government intent to falsely blame the anti-treaty IRA. Therefore, the bullet i fire this afternoon, will be the starting gun for civil war in Ireland. The man i've been instructed to kill is Field Marshal Russel, formerly a Black and Tan commander who committed many atrocities in the county of Cork. There is no remorse in my heart at the prospect of his death. However the conspiracy behind the killing is cause for international concern. Such as the gravity of my secret mission, that after i've served my priories i believe they intent to kill me.

"Do you want tea?" Ada asked Tommy. No answer.

I therefore want to name a particular individual in this letter, the agent who initiated and orchestrated this crime is Major Chester Campbell of the British Secret Intelligence Service. He chose me for this dirty business as an act of vengeance, prompted by hatred of longstanding. In the event of my death, it is imperative he be brought to justice. If you're reading this then i'm dead already. I hope that living as you do in a truly free country you'll be able to make the above facts known to the world.

Yours sincerely, Thomas Shelby

Ada placed a cup of tea in front of him. "I did you one anyway you ignorant git" she teased. "Ada" he stopped her. "Sit down here for a minute" She frowned, doing as he said.

"Ada, if anything happens to me today; i need you to post this letter, stamps already on" he placed it in front of her.

"Don't ask any questions it's to do with insurance" he lied.

She nodded slowly. "Look, Tommy? Whatever it is your involved in just tell us. God you never let anybody in"

"We love you, Tom"

Her head turned to the door as James rushed in. "What are you doing up at six in the morning" she asked.

Tommy stood. "Ready?"

"What the bloody bell is going on" she asked. "Little errand" James said, pulling his coat on.

"What errand"

"He just has to stand there Ada" Tom said. "Stand where. James what's going on"

She watched them walk away. "Don't listen to him james he'll get you killed"

"What errand?!"

"For the cause Ada" James said, following Thomas outside.

-

Arthur sat when the door to his cell opened. He quickly got to his feet. "Hands off cocks, on with socks" the man at the door said.

"One at a time" Arthur whispered. "That's all i ask"

"Your getting out, Mr Shelby" the man sighed.

-

"Is that fucking Arthur?" Delilah whispered as her uncle turned up. "I'm back" he shouted, looking at everyone.

"Your late" John stated as Tommy appeared. "Please, i had business" Thomas told him. Arthur wrapped his arms around Tommy.

"How did you get me out of that?" he asked. "I need you today brother" Tommy smiled "We pulled some strings, you all right?"

"I am now" Arthur laughed.

John watched carefully. "So Arthur's back in charge now?" he asked, looking away.

"He's in charge of you" Tommy pointed at the younger boy. "And you're both in charge of him, lookout duties only today" he said, referring to the youngest shelby.

"Tom i'm getting sick of this" Finn spoke up. "Finn," Tommy said, "you don't obey orders, you don't come"

Finn stayed quiet, taking a step back.

"Johnny doggs," he smiled. "Tommy"

"Your boys will meet us there" he asked. "Well the Lees will be there Captain" Johnny said.

"Captain?" Tommy frowned. "I've promoted you" Johnny informed him. "Well the boys say you're no longer like a sergeant major"

"Fucking those rich woman and using those fancy words" he added.

Tommy looked behind him.

"I'd say your more like a captain these days" Johnny said quietly. "Fine well i'll take it as a compliment, just don't bloody shoot me" Tommy whispered.

"Let's go to the Derby boys" he said, walking toward the front of the van. "Lilah you can sit in the front" he offered his hand to his daughter to help her into the van.

-

Delilah watched as Tommy stood on the side of the van, a bag over his shoulder, the rest of the men holding gun. She shook her head at the situation and sighed. She attempted to listen to the conversation he was having.

"Gentlemen, today we are not fucking about, i hope you've all obeyed instructions and brought loaded firearms with you"

They all replied with a yes.

"Good, you will all know that if you are lifted on a racetrack these days, with a loaded weapon, you get 20 years" he stated. "That's all right, today you won't get lifted. Because today there will be no coppers around to lift you"

"At exactly three o'clock, there will be an incident in the owners enclosure"

"All the coppers on the track will be diverted, all of them" he nodded. "They'll be looking for someone"

"You'll be free to operate at will"

"Looking for who?" Arthur interrupted. "Me, they will be looking for me" Tommy told him. "Now while the coppers are busy with me, you will make your move in Sabini's pitches"

"You confiscate his takings, destroy his licenses and you do it at gun point" he instructed. "He usually has police protection so he won't be armed"

Small grins appeared on each of the boys faces.

"We should aim to complete the takeover without a shot being fired, understood"

"Remember, the licenses are more important than the takings. All right before the fun begins" he stepped onto the floor. "You can all lay ten bob on Nom De Guerre, i hear she's going to win"

"Only beer before hand boys" he reminded them. "Plenty of time for rum and whisky after"

"And remember, do not make a move until three, that is all"

"What are you going to do that every copper at the Derby looks the other way?" Arthur laughed. Tommy lit a cigarette. "Trust me brother" he patted Arthur's back and returned to Delilah.

"What am i supposed to do?" she asked as he returned. "You, stay with John and Arthur or you can stay with Finn and watch the races"

-

Tommy offered his arm to Delilah as they walked up to the stairs. She took it and watched the people around her.

"I have something to do, stay here with John and Arthur" he whispered, disappearing toward where the horses were being kept.

John and Arthur walked over to the betting station.

"Put this on Nom De Geurre" John told the man, sliding him money. Arthur stood behind him, his head facing down.

"There he is" John said quietly, looking at Sabini. "Fucking meatball bollocks" Arthur said. "All right let's go" John said.

"Mr Shelby" one of the policemen nodded as we walked outside.

"What is my dad doing" Delilah asked. John looked down at her. "Checking on his horse" he said. "And that woman who looks after the horse" Arthur winked.

Delilah scoffed, ignoring his comment.

-

"Tommy" Grace startled Tommy as she crept beside him. "Grace what are you doing here"

"I have to talk to you"

He looked up at the soldiers at the top of the stairs then at her. "Grace, this is not a good time." he placed a hand on her arm, taking her away from the stairs.

"Whatever it is grace it'll have to wait"

"It can't wait. It wasn't me who was at fault. I'm pregnant"

His expression dropped. "The baby is yours"

"But he'll believe? Make your husband believe that it's his" Tom nodded, "is that what you want me to do?"

"Grace, i seriously have things to do"

"It's not worth the toss if a coin this time, Tommy?"

"Grace i have things to do, when they are done, i will decide" he whispered. "When will that be"

"After the race"

"After the race? After the fucking race, Tommy"

"When the race is over, i will decide what to do, Delilah and Finn should be somewhere, go find them, they'll keep you company"

-

"So what work do you want me to do for you today tommy? Write notes on a meeting" Lizzie asked sarcastically.

"No lizzie you're not here to make notes,"

"My short hand won't be required?" she asked, growing frustrated. "Lizzie," Thomas began, lighting a cigarette.

"There's a man here, and i need him separated from the crowd and taken to a quiet place"

Lizzie shook her head, "A quiet place"

"Lizzie i know what i said-"

"Yeah, you know. You know you told me i shouldn't do that kind of work anymore"

"I just need you to isolate him is all" Thomas looked down.

"No exceptions you said" she stared at him. "I have drawn a map all right" Tommy let out a breath.

He placed the paper on the table. "Of exactly where you need to take him"

"For months i've made no exceptions because you told me not to Tommy"

"Lizzie..just keep him busy at the place marked with an X" he said, "and i'll get to you before it can start, i promise all right"

She shook her head, many emotions flooding through her. "Mustn't smudge my eyes, he might not like that" she said angrily. "Lizzie this is the only time"

"After this, never again" he assure her. "I'll pay you an extra five-"

"Do not talk to me about money now" she scoffed. "Not right now i swear i'll break this glass in your eye" Lizzie threatened.

Thomas cleared his throat.

"No exceptions there's been no hardship, you know why?" She asked, Tommy put his attention on her again. "Hm?"

She shook her head.

"Doesn't matter" she sighed "Who is he"

"To your right, soldier" Tommy said quietly. Lizzie looked over her shoulder to the man in uniform.

"Smoking a cigarette, just be alone with him at three, when the race starts ill do the rest. Yeah?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 2.7K 85
πŸ“–|Peaky Blinders story πŸ‘₯| Lottie Shelby (oc) , Shelby Family πŸ’Œ| Isaiah Jesus Disclaimer: I do not own any characters within this story's other tha...
26.5K 844 6
do i look like the kind of woman who dies? π—Ώπ—²π˜€π˜‚π—Ώπ—Ώπ—²π—°π˜π—Άπ—Όπ—» peaky blinders: s1 tommy shelby x fem!oc time frame...
136K 3K 78
πŸ“–| FOUND πŸ‘₯| Florence/Micheal Gray, Shelby Family πŸ’Œ| Isiah Jesus ✍️| gracessecretshelby disclaimer: I do not any characters within this book apart...
103K 1.5K 38
Nancy Shelby. She is the heart of the Shelby family. At just 7 years old, she seems to be the only person who can make Thomas Shelby smile a real smi...