RISE OF THE CROWN PRINCESS

By Melody_Alyward

In the Kingdom of Anemoi, the neighboring Kingdom of Helios Youngest Prince Dylan de Helios comes to visit al... More

INSTRUCTIONS
1. First Meeting
2. The Dinner
3. He Finally Met Her
4. She Met Him
5. The Unambitious Crown Princess
6. I Am Here For You
7. Unfiltered Moments
8. No One Who Can Listen
9. Rumors
10. The Intoxicated Prince
11. Secret Follower
12. A Love Across Border
13. 'You'
14. Redamancy
15. Its Not a Shallow Love
16. Hurting When No One's There
17. Forelsket
18. Become Obsessed With Me
19. Farewell, my love
20. Exchange of Affection
21. Mercurial
22. Foretaste
23. Tohubohu
24. Abandoned by Family
25. The Broken Shelter
26. Bested and Envisaging
27. IF YOU PRICK HER, DOES SHE NOT BLEED?
28. ADRIFT IN THE ABYSS
29. THE PRINCESS BIRDIE TOLD EVERYONE
30. STIRRING UP A HORNET'S NEST
31. A LION'S DEN
32. CARRYING A CHIP ON HER SHOULDER
33. KATHERINE'S BURNT BRIDGES
34. TO BE TICKLED PINK
35. HER GIANT LEAP
36. SHE STEERS HER SHIP
37. HER CROWN
38. HER CANDLE IN THE WIND
39. ASTRID'S HEAD IN THE CLOUD
40. ASTRID IS LETTING HER HAIR DOWN
41. PLOUGH ONE'S LONELY FURROW
42. FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL
43. DRESSING UP FOR REVENGE
45. BRUISING MEDEA'S EGO
46. ROVING ON TO THEIR TRIPS
47. LUDICROUS CHATTER
48. FATEFUL RE-ENCOUNTER
49. MARRIAGE PROSPECT
50. HER HAVEN
51. NEAR TO HER HEART

44. HER SALIENT ENTRANCE

10 2 0
By Melody_Alyward

PRINCESS ASTRID AMARA DE ANEMOI
____________

"Where did you get that dress from? You look splendid."

A sharp voice with eyes full of glare made Astrid turn around to find Karen and Medea along with Wily standing there.

"Oh thank you. Lyra gifted me this."

"Yes, it does look pretty."

Medea smiled as her eyes scanned Astrid from top to bottom. Her sweet tone suddenly shifted as she then stated,

"I hope you dare not forget that it is my birthday party. It is so rude to be late at an event like this. Where is Lyra?"

"She was detained with some work. She shall be here any moment now."

"Lest she be wearing the same clothes as you then it would be quite a surprise."

Medea remarked to which Astrid retorted,

"Why shall it be a surprise?"

"Well it wont be that much of a surprise, mother."

Karen commented to which Medea nodded,

"By all means, what else should you expect from two girls who are in their adulthood yet fail to comprehend the basic etiquettes of any party. I guess it is my fault that I didn't teach you well enough. It was so hard raising my own kids as well you two..."

Medea let out a small sob as Karen patted her shoulder and stated,

"Please not blame yourself, mother. You did no such thing as which should be declared as wrong. Everyone wants to wear what they want from time to time. Even if it means going against the social rules of this party."

The latter comment was aimed at Astrid who was confused. She never got the hidden meanings of people's words and right now felt it weird why people were staring at them. Oblivious she replied,

"You're right. Everyone has the right to dress up as they like. Is there something wrong with that?"

Frustrated Medea gritted,

"No, there isn't. However allow me to remind you that when invited to any formal event you have to adhere to the dress code set by the host. That is known as common courtesy."

"Yes, I agree. Then is there something wrong?"

Naive, Astrid genuinely questioned which made the trio inwardly frustrated.

"..."

At this, Baroness Paula who was in good terms with the princesses and always informed them of all the gossips and rumors being spread around, came near to Astrid. As she slipped into the tense environment, she smild at Medea and then softly whispered in Astrid's ear,

"Your Highness, they are claiming that you are dressed beautifully unlike how the rest of us who were made to dress in plain attire."

Astrid who also entertained the habit of never being able to whisper, spoke in a slightly low yet loud enough to be heard by everyone around them tone,

"But there was not any dress code as far as I recall. Am I correct?"

Seeing how Astrid's words made Medea and Karen shoot daggers at them, Baroness Paula averted her gaze and tried to take Astrid away from there,

"You know how it is, your Highness. There is an unspoken rule."

"Yes but I did not say anything wrong, did I?"

Genuinely confused Astrid did not stop with retorting.

Twitching, Medea hissed a comment which did not go unheard by Astrid,

"Poor Baroness Paula. Who is she even daring trying to explain to? A girl without a brain. She doesn't even realise how her actions including her whole attire is affecting her. Nor does she comprehend the severity if the adverse impact it would have on her sister's reputation. If her sister came exhibiting similar clothings, then she shall also be throwing axe at her own feet."

Astrid did not let the comment go like usual. She couldn't understand what was the problem with Medea and why couldn't they ignore her like usual. What irked her more was the comment that came after this by Medea,

"No wonder that she doesnt even realise that because of her and all that took place, it is taking a toll on her sister as she is unable to find suitable marriage partners as well."

"Hold on a minute. Whatever happened has got nothing to do with my sister. You merely cant link those two."

Surprised by Astrid replying back to her, Medea hissed,

"Oh well what guarantee do you have that your sister not being able to find good marriage partners is not because of you?"

"She is my sister. And it is exactly because she is MY sister that I know her best and I know that all of that doesn't affect her in the slightest."

"You..!"

"Entering Her Highness, The Crown Princess Lyra Belle de Anemoi."

Medea was about to retort when the announcement caught everyone's attention.

Lyra came in striding with confidence as her black dress fluttered along with her hair. She looked like a stunning goddess, one that was so alluring that you could not help but look at her. Even though she did not like wearing such heavy crowns and would prefer her country's traditional headpieces which are thing as strings, she wore a huge crown as a symbol and reminder for others that they should not forget who she is.

Taken a back, everyone forgot the common etiquettes and kept staring at her. She in return without a single smile, looked directly at the people of her faction, all of whom bowed to her in return.

Sighting them all bowing, the people belonging to the neutral faction also ended up bowing out of courtesy.

Lyra started slowly descending down the stairs, all the while, she did not motion any of them to raise their heads. Her eyes shifted towards the people belonging to Medea's faction, who although were half flustered and half irritated, ended up exhibiting the se courtesy not out of respect but because of their self respect as they sid not want people to deem them as without manners.

Although not that deeply, Nabal, Wily, and Hubris also tilted their heads forward slightly as a frozen nod. Everyone although bowing were now eyeing Medea and Karen. Majority of them wished Medea and Karen to quickly finish bowing as they were tired of the position they were in.

Gnashing their teeths, and tightening their fists so much so, slowly one by one they titled their heads down until they were bowing.

Lyra stopped in her tracks as she stood at the end of the stairs. For a split second the corner of her lips turned upward as ey went back to a blank expression. She raised her hand to motion everyone to raise their heads, which they did so at the same time she came downstairs.

While she went ahead to mingle and greet with foreign envoys, the ladies meanwhile were all gossiping.

"How arrogant is she to make us all wait until each and every single one of us were bowing."

A lady belonging to Medea's faction, complained with full of spite.

"But you have to understand Lady Marie, she is her highness the Crown Princess. It is our duty to bow to her and she deserved this respect."

"You're right. If anyone fails to do so, I believe they are blinded by their delusion so much so that they fail to note their own status and the status of the royal family."

"I agree. Even though it was sort of out of the ordinary, I still believe that Crown Princess Lyra did nothing of the wrong. She simply taught them all etiquettes without uttering a single thing."

"Besides, what piques my interest is the mere fact that her Highness is finally taking part in all the activities."

"Isn't that good?"

"It is quite wonderful! I can't wait to see her become the Queen!"

"Same here! Ah, where did Lady Marie go?"

____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 153K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1M 89.9K 140
This is the continuation of short story collection 'Love me thoda aur '.
836K 50.2K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
371K 1.1K 10
Fun wlw sex. Different kinks and stuff, all about trying things. May even include potential plot lines and will definitely include some form after ca...