Always next to you

By _ToniaFrancis

Abandoned by her mother and boyfriend of four years, Nicole gets a new job to start her independent life. Her... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-One

27 2 0
By _ToniaFrancis

AIDEN

I reached out to her and wiped the tears from her face. My heart was pierced with a thousand daggers every time I saw her cry. It hurt even more because I knew she cried because of my mistakes.

Meeting her was the best thing to happen to me, but I never expected it. I wasn't prepared for anything, but I still had to protect her. I hugged her and kissed her forehead as she cried into my chest.

If someone else made her cry, I would kill them and make them regret it, but this time, it was me. I didn't know how I could punish myself for hurting her this much. She deserved so much more than me.

The only thing I could do was ease his worries. Everything was my fault, so I had to make her feel better. I lifted her chin to look at me, but she avoided my gaze, making it hurt even more.

When I kissed her, she didn't pull away. Instead. She pulled me closer and kissed me harder. Her lips were possessive and punishing, and I liked it. I wanted her. All of her. I didn't want to share her with anyone.

If her love was the punishment for my foolishness, I was willing to accept it. Our lips danced together, and I quickly found her bed undressing her as fast as I could. She rubbed her body on my chest telling me that she needed me.

I could feel her hard nipples peeking underneath her big shirt. It was big enough to cover half of her body, making her look sexy as fuck. For a second, I wished it was my shirt, but I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back.

"I'm sorry," I whispered in her ear as I pinched her hard nipples.

She moaned, holding onto my back. Her body inched closer to me and I fondled her breast. Her moans brought out an almost feral reaction from me, but I had to focus on pleasuring her. She was all that mattered right now.

"Will you forgive me?" I asked softly.

Nicole moaned in response, spreading her legs for me to touch her there. I groaned and pulled off her shirt, leaving her in her black laced panties. Her breasts bounced in front of me when she moved and I could not help putting them in my mouth. How was she this sexy in the morning?

I sucked her nipple while I played with her other breast, and then I moved my hand to her vagina. She was wet and warm, waiting for me. I gently ran my hands through her entrance and her body shivered under me.

Touching her arousal made my shaft harden, and it was almost uncomfortable to have my clothes on. I pushed two fingers inside of her, causing her to gasp. She loved it when I fingered her and I loved giving her pleasure.

I pushed it slowly in and out of her and increased my pace as we went. Her moans grew louder, and it made me crave her moaning when I went inside her. I turned her around and took off my pants. She arched her back perfectly for me.

I reached for her again when I felt a sharp pain on the side of my skull. It's worse than a migraine and it made me feel like I was dying. After the pain faded, I forced my eyes open to see that I was alone on my bed.

It was a dream.

I groaned as the pain came again. The piercing headache caused ringing in my ears. I quickly reached for the drugs beside my bed. After finding them, I swallowed two pills and tried getting up for water.

My foot kicked two bottles on the floor, bringing back memories from last night. I drank in my room till I passed out yesterday after the fight with Nicole. Although I fought against the memory, I couldn't help but remember Diana declaring to the world that we were getting married.

I knew they were trying to tie me down and make sure I couldn't escape, but I was worried about Nicole. I couldn't get her out of my head and I did nothing but hurt her. I was the one putting her in danger.

The only way out of this would be to talk to my father, but I haven't seen him in months. After I left, I only went to important events organised by my family.

Diana knew what she was doing by announcing the engagement. I thought she was forced to do this too and let her have her way since high school, but she always clung to me.

With my reputation as CEO, I could not make a move on my own without hearing from my father. If I did that, Nicole would be in trouble. Diana was using my scandal to her advantage.

Thinking about it made my head hurt even more, so I went to the bathroom and took a cold shower. In the shower, I thought about my dream. Even when I closed my eyes, she was there. I could only sleep when I was drugged or when I thought of her.

It was unfair that I felt this much, and I wasn't allowed to do anything about it. I thought I could be friends with Eve and protect her. My brain remembered how she looked at me after watching the interview. She looked broken and sad.

I always seem to make her sad.

I got dressed and left my house to see my father. My joke had been ringing and buzzing with messages congratulating me on my engagement. Every congratulatory message made my rage boil.

Is this how I was going to live my life after everything?

The ride to my father's house took almost an hour but it was still early. I knew he wouldn't leave for work until it was 8 am. I arrived at exactly 7:45 when he would be eating breakfast.

The bodyguards were surprised to see me drive into his mansion. I parked my car at a random place and barged inside the house, letting the rage fill my lungs.

"Did you tell her to do that?" I asked as soon as I walked in.

I knew he would have something to do with it because the Channel that broadcasts the interview was owned by my father.

"Welcome home, son," my father said, dropping the tablet he was holding.

"Cut the bullshit, Dad. Answer my question," I replied.

He sat calmly and took a sip of his coffee before looking at me. His face bore that condensending look it always had. I could tell in an instant that he didn't care what happened to me.

"What's the problem Aiden? You knew it was coming, and she helped you out of a scandal,"

"So you helped her?"

"What was I supposed to do when my daughter-in-law came to me crying?"

"Dad!" I shouted.

I was beyond frustrated. I thought I made it clear that I had no intention of marrying Diana. Why were they bringing it up again?

"Tell her to talk it back," I told him. "I won't marry her dad."

"Why not? I know you're not dating anyone," he replied.

"What if I was?"

"The girl from the news article? Who is she anyway?"

"Is that important right now?"

"Of course it is. Her family name can't get us the contract we've been chasing,"

I gritted my teeth in anger. Was I really just an asset to them? My mom had suggested marriage because she thought I liked Diana, but we were just friends. She thought it would be great to become in-laws with her friend.

After she died of her illness, there was no reason to do it. To my father, he was only thinking about how he could benefit from the marriage.

A contract? Is that what this was about? I wondered how much the happiness of his only son was worth. Even if his wife was dead, he had no right to be an asshole to me.

"I finally understand why Jessi refused to get married," I said and walked out of the house.

I was defeated. They had planned this a long time ago. I shouldn't have underestimated Diana. I never knew she would come to my dad. Even when she mentioned that her father was involved, I didn't know they would go this far.

The only person that could break it off was Diana. I had to talk to her and beg her to stop before it was too late. I entered my car and slammed my fist on the steering screaming in agony.

Luckily, my car was soundproof, so no one would hear me. I drove back home to change before heading out again for work. I would reach out to Diana later and end this drama.

I thought about calling Nicole on the drive home, but I didn't know what I would say. It would be wrong to show up in front of her after she chased me away like that. I pushed the thought aside. I had to give her time and deal with my problems.

When I got home, I found my door open. I was confused and scared. The other day, I felt a presence staring at my gate and now my door was open. I slowly opened the door and entered the house, wondering who it was.

The only people that had the passcode to my door were Jessi and Jonas. None of them told me they were coming, and I made it clear that I didn't need help. If they helped me, they would get in trouble. Especially Jessi, who broke out of her engagement six years ago.

Her family completely cut her off, and her brother left home too. No one knew where he was. Jonas was the only one who couldn't escape, so he decided to live a double life.

When I entered inside, I noticed two big suitcases in my sitting. I wondered who they belonged to, but my question was answered when Diana came out of my kitchen holding a glass of Juice.

"Oh! You're back," she exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" I growled.

"Your father said I could live with you instead of getting my own place. I should get to know you more since we've been apart for seven years,"

"Get out!"

"You know I can't do that," she smiled.

What was funny to her? Who told her she could live in the house with me?

"I said get out!" I shouted.

"Aiden," she says, dropping the glass of juice and walking towards me. "We're getting married soon. That means you'll live with me for the rest of your life. You have to get used to seeing me around,"

"You won't leave? Fine!"

If she won't leave them, I would let her have the house. I turned around and left for the door. Dian ran after me and hugged my back, but I quickly pushed her away.

"If you go to any hotel, I'll just tell the reporters where to find the beloved Aiden Stark," Daina said. "Or I could tell them who your girlfriend is and where to find her,"

I clenched my fist in anger. I didn't care what she did to me, but if she hurt Nicole any more than she already has, I would kill her with my bare hands.

"Don't cross the line," I growled.

"Oh wow!" she laughed. "Protective Aiden Stark. Do you really like her?"

"I said stop it!"

"I don't care who you like, Aiden. All I know is that you're mine and I won't let some basic bitch take you away for me,"

"Diana!"

"What?!" she shouted back. "You think I wanted to do this? If you had just stopped running all these years, we wouldn't have to do this. So stay put and do what I say if you don't want your girlfriend to get hurt,"

My heart broke. There was no way I could fight back. Even now, I was too weak. In the end, I couldn't protect her and I couldn't keep her by my side.

I sighed and walked inside the house.

Diana moved into my house and insisted on staying in my room. I spent the entire day in my coding den. After coding for hours, I passed out from exhaustion. I didn't eat anything that day and I slept in my coding den.

The next morning she insisted on following me to work to see how my company was like.

"You've been there twice already," I told her wearing my tie,"

"Are you afraid I'll stop you from kissing your girlfriend?"

"Diana," I warned.

"I should have known when I saw the way she glared at me when I saw you at the company. I could tell she wanted to pounce on me but she was irrelevant to me. She isn't a speck of dust in my world and it should be the same for you,"

"What the fuck do you want from me?!"

"I told you, didn't I? Just do what I say you should do,"

I reluctantly drove her to the office with me. I knew I would barely concentrate with her around. As soon as we got out of the car, Diana glued herself to my side. There were reporters in front of Zen who rushed to take pictures of the two of us.

I sighed, knowing she organised this. She was trying to create a picture of a happy couple in the eyes of the public. It would make things difficult for Nicole because, if we ever dated in the future, people would see her as a home wrecker.

This was fucking exhausting!

We entered the building, and my employees turned to stare at us in surprise. I always came to work alone until I started coming with Nicole. The rumour would make her uncomfortable. I wished Nicole didn't have anything to do at the office today, but I was wrong.

As we walked towards the elevator. I could see her braided tire in a claw clip. She was standing next to Oliver and an angry Jonas. They didn't seem to notice us yet, but it was sad to see how uncomfortable she was.

As we walked, the employees gushed about me and Diana and some of them said things about Nicole I couldn't miss.

"She's so pretty,"

"What about Nicole though?,"

"She obviously got dumped. Who would choose a tech girl over a rich, classy lady?,"

"Why does she dress like that?,"

I looked at Nicole and saw she was dressed in streetwear today. She wore black cargo pants with a blue crop top. She seemed so carefree and sexy and I missed her. In my eyes, she was more classy than Diana, who was dressed in a designer two-piece.

Jonas turned around first, before Oliver and Nicole. The disgust on his face was apparent. He turned to look at Nicole, whose face had turned from sad to mortified.

I wanted to pull away and tell her it wasn't what she thought, but Diana held on tighter. She was doing this on purpose.

"Hi Jonas," Diana chirped, but Jonas ignored her. "Nicole, right? I'm Diana," she said.

Nicole was on the verge of tears. She walked away to use the stairway and Jonas gowned at me. He looked ready to beat me up in the lobby of my own building.

"What the hell man?!" He exclaimed.

"She insisted on coming," I told him.

"Is that what you're thinking about right now? I can't believe you!"

He walked away and went after Nicole. I wanted to go too. I wanted to hug her and tell her it was ok, but everyone was staring and Diana was smiling. The elevator door opened, and I had no choice but to use it.

-  #  #  #  -

Song recommendation: Plastic - Moses Sumney

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 17 18
skylar storm...the next super alpha...son of alpha Darius storm .the cold one ...the mysterious one..... Blossom storm the alpha's daughter..badass a...
33.5K 871 77
Imana, a young mother, made a bold decision when Brayson and Blyana were only a year old. She knew that staying with their family would cause irrepar...
369K 15.9K 53
In the shadows of a dangerous world filled with crime and chaos, an unlikely connection emerges between two individuals who seem destined to be enemi...
514K 25.6K 34
In love one day, heartbroken the next. Krystina and Stephen were newly graduated college sweethearts, when the world around them came crumbling down...