Devil hunting chronicles of t...

By Demonhuntingfiles

Devilcityfiles After the great collapse, the grand city of Argia remains a spiraling city that beacons all in... More

Prologue: Devil Seir I
Devil Seir II
Devil Seir III
Devil Seir IV
Devil Seir V
Interlude I, The underground labyrinth.
Interlude II, Devil Hunters
Interlude III, Creak District surveillance.
Devil Dokkaebi I
Devil Dokkaebi II
Devil Dokkaebi III
Devil Dokkaebi IV
Devil Dokkaebi V
Interlude I: A calm dinner
Interlude II: Devil Amii file 1
Interlude III: The forgotten bride file 1
Devil Marchosias I
Devil Marchosias II
Devil Marchosias III
Devil Marchosias IV
Devil Marchosias V
Interlude I Goodbyes
Interlude II Devil Phoenix file 1
Interlude III Envoy of the city
Demon Vepar I
Demon Vepar II
Demon Vepar III
Demon Vepar IV
Demon Vepar V
Interlude I The forgotten bride file 02
Interlude II The Maw of the city.
Interlude III Mission debrief
Devil Sabnock I
Devil Sabnock II
Devil Sabnock III
Devil Sabnock IV
Devil Sabnock V
Interlude I: Turning point
Interlude II:Devil Sabnock file 01
Interlude III: The Forgotten Bride file 02
Epilogue I The maze city.
Epilogue II Police investigation
Epilogue III Devil Eligor
Epilogue IV The police corps of Argia.
Epilogue V Upon the gates of the city
Volume 2 prologue 1 Stars all for their own
Prologue 2 Louise information agency
Prologue 3 Fairtrade
Prologue 4 Inner circle safe house
Prologue 5 The city of Argia
Prologue 6 Inner circle district surveillance.
Target profile Mezu and Gozu
Devils Mezu and Gozu I
Devils Mezu and Gozu II
Devils Mezu and Gozu III
Devils Mezu and Gozu IV
Devils Mezu and Gozu V
Interlude I the ghost of Korea town
Interlude II Korean town investigation
Interlude III Lord of the flies
Interlude IV Captains meeting.
Target profile devil Orobas
Devil Orobas I
Devil Orobas II
Devil Orobas III
Devil Orobas IV
Devil Orobas V
interlude I Ocassio Kafe
Interlude II Devil Amii File 2 (reupload)
Interlude III The forgotten bride file 04
Interlude IV Dollmaker
Target profile Devil Cadejo
Devil Cadejo I
Devil Cadejo II
Devil Cadejo III
Devil Cadejo IV
Devil Cadejo V
Interlude I: The runaway
interlude II: Devil Sabnock file 2
Interlude III the princess of Villa Blanca
Interlude IV: The touch of greed.
Target Profile: Devil Diao si gui
Devil Diao Si Gui I
Devil Diao Si Gui II
Devil Diao Si Gui III
Devil Diao Si Gui IV
Devil Diao Si Gui V
Interlude I Devil Phoenix case file 02
Interlude II Cursed Karma
Interlude III The Exiled Heir
Interlude IV The Ocassio brothers.
Target profile| Devils Diablesa and Basil
Devils Diablesa and Basil I
Devils Diablesa and Basil II
Devils Diablesa and Basil III
Devils Diablesa and Basil IV
Devils Diablesa and Basil V
Interlude I Police intervention
Interlude II The inner circle in strife
Interlude III The Engel family
Interlude IV Police Chief
Epilogue I The city moves.
Epilogue II The devil Furfur
Epilogue IV Project Hastur
Epilogue V Sacrifices for tomorrow
Epilogue VI To protect and serve
Epilogue VII As the city sleeps.
Volume III Prologue I: the tales of the hunters
Volume III Prologue II: The Louise family.
Volume III Prologue III: The hunters gather.
Volume 3 Prologue part IV The hunting day
Prologue Volume 3 part V Villa Blanca Investigation.
Prologue Volume III Part VI: Devil Belial file 01
Target profile Devil Andras

Epilogue III The gift of the city.

1 1 0
By Demonhuntingfiles

"Seems like the other squadrons already dealing with opposition, still we are outnumbering them, I think this tower is too big for a mere group like these, really this may be easier than I thought." Commander Rodgers turned off her radio and spoke to Eva who was following with her handgun drawn.

"I hope the other guys are going to stand for us to reunite later."

"Is fine I dont see Mr.Miles taking long to take care of the assassin outside once he is on the move all these regular humans will be scorched, lets focus here Deputy you remember the wait to the inner tower right?" Eva nodded at her commander as she took the lead and the rest of the armed squadron followed her. They reached what seemed to be a marketplace built with tents and wooden stores, The last time Eva arrived here it was full of people but now there was but an empty cold silence, so the place looked perfect for an ambush and the commander immediately gave the order for their troops to aim their weapons in each direction while the chief and Eva remained on the center.

"Listen, my objective is to find out who is responsible for the tower, We need to keep moving forward I doubt they have that many men ahead.... devil thought, there is no telling that but I should be able to handle a few of those."

"I hope so chief...I do." As Eva spoke, they were suddenly under fire from opposite sides of the market. Deborah a short red-haired woman opened fire with her rifle before hiding behind a store on the other side A tall man with a Mokap hair aimed with a shotgun, they both hit two of the policemen who fell.

"Take cover at the center ahead between that store, move!" They reached a store with crates all around it but before that a woman stepped above it and jumped towards them, it was Aurora with her arm already converted into a demonic claw she flew towards the police chief in the middle.

"Tsk, dont get cooky you devil!" Chief Rodger raised her metal staff and turned a switch on its handle, its circular tip opened to show a huge flashlight and it turned on with a white flash, the whole room was illuminated and Aurora was blinded by the sudden light, Rodger swung her staff and she just tried to block while still being unable to see, she was thrown again a tent caving it in with a massive strength."

"A devil...must be the woman Miles mentioned, now Everyone hurry to the exit!" With a sudden spring on her feet, the old woman was the first to rush forwards, as her squadron followed opening fire as more members of Aurora's current team began to open fire, Deborah and Aya were on opposite sides of the exit of the market, but they could only duck under the heavy fire.

The policemen stood close together covering under their shield as they bunked down on the walls of the exit."

"They are trying to stall us... Eva you and the rest stay here and keep that devil at bay I will go ahead."

"What is but she is a devil you can't..." As Eva spoke Chief Rodgers rushed forward into the hall...Eva stayed speechless while the gunfire continued.

"Are you just using us as bait...no way we can survive a devil, chief! You can't be serious you cannot!" Eva looked back, the rest of the squadron didn't notice the chief rushing past them.

"Even if she is a devil this is too risky...does that woman think she can do it all on her own choice? Alright everyone keep position, We will hold this entrance till Mr.Miles comes to back us up!" They opened fire again, and with their reinforced shield they easily built a wall at the exit, they could see people in black suits moving closer as they moved from cover to cover. Eva was breathing heavily, even if she couldn't show it, if there was a devil there...she had no idea what to do anymore. As expected she saw a woman run into the open amidst the firelight, the woman in a black suit had a massive red claw like that of a beast and ran from one side to the other evading the gunfire.

"No, keep her away don't let her get close!" Eva opened fire but her gunshot couldn't even come close, the woman was out of her sight before she could even aim.

"To the right!" One of the men screamed and Eva aimed her gun to the right side where Aurora raw close to the wall her claw shredding the stone wall She opened fire but Auror just shrugged the bullet hitting her shoulder and rammed into the police barricade with her claw, breaking them apart, blood splitting in every direction. Eva gulped and aimed again toward her head, she just needed one good shot in the brain that was the only way to fight a devil.

"Aura stared at her one of her eyes a bright inhumane red, Eva shot and Aurora ducked below and rushed towards her slashing her with her claws The impact threw the young deputy as she spun in the air and crashed on the earth.

"Aghh...aghhh."She could barely breathe let alone stand up, She stared as she saw her men open fire against the woman with the claw, They managed to wound her but one by one she was slicing them to death... How naive, there was no way for us human to even delay a devil....that was all she could thought.

"I...it can't end this way...no, I've yet to prove to Mom...I." Eva could still move even if she was bleeding so her hand moved to her coat pocket and felt something inside, a plastic vial still intact.

"I can't do it...Sorry Mr.Franklin, but you were wrong...the only way to live in this world is to become a devil...She drank the vial with her bloodied hand as she lay on the ground staring into the dark ceiling."

"You...I see you are the woman Abram allowed to escape twice, no wonder you people got this far into the labyrinth...sorry but I'm not as forgiving as Mr.Abram." Aurora was done her claw and the sword she had pulled both tainted with blood, the policemen all dead around her amidst their fallen shields.

She walked towards Eva with her sword raised as her arm returned to normal, the deputy was still breathing but she would likely bleed to death now, even so, Aurora left nothing to chance she would simply end the job quick and painlessly.

"Stop, retreat now!" Aurora was stopped by her own Voice as Ami took over her body and forced her to a standstill, Her eye turned red and she saw a moment into the future. She jumped back raising her blade and a long whip-like object hit it breaking the sword in half in an instant, in her vision her neck would have been cut instead.

"So she is a devil then..." Aurora was breathing heavily which was far too close to comfort.

"No, this is wrong, is all wrong,"Amii answered with her voice.

A long black tentacle had flown out of Evas mouth and soon enough more and more of them began to grow from her head, They were long black undescribable things that twisted and danced to their beat as they rose towards the sky.

"Im...so tired, I want to sleep..." Aurora heard the voice of Eva even if she could not see he face anymore, Her head was but a spinning web of tentacles wiping and moving in every direction and yet slowly Deputy Eva began to stand up, the rest of her body still looking human, but her blood was turning black like oil.

"Im so tired..Where I am I, where am I..."She mumbled, but now it was an echo as if she had countless mouths.

"Did...she just made a deal with a devil....but there was no ritual."Aurora slowly backed away as her hand turned into a claw.

"No...there is no smell of sulfur, there are no signs of a contract is wrong...that is not a demon, that I dont know what that is its all wrong!" Aurora gritted her teeth as she recovered control of her body, The woman that was once inspector Eva was standing still as the tentacles in her head began to reach wildly in all directions somehow Aurora felt that she was being watched.

"I need to go home, let me go home." Eva walked mumbling as smaller tentacles kept growing out of her back, even Aurora's eye couldn't keep up with all of their movements.

"Well dont matter what that is, we have a job to do!" Aurora brandished her claw as a single drop of sweat fell down her cheek.

***

Deeper into the Laberynth Chief Rodger had entered an open room with pillars on each side as she did multiple flashlights turned on at the end of the room shinning behind a tall man with a mighty shield on his arm.

"Oh...this must be as far as that girl got, guess im getting close to something big hah." The old woman walked forward with her iron staff.

"Yeah I was told to just wait here and that I will be seeing you, it's been years Chief Rodgers of the Argia police department." Rush Collins was standing in front of the entrance alone, she noticed right away that likely meant they had no more soldiers, this had to be their last line of defense.

"I have to commend you no one had survived these many years with Sabnock strapped to them, I guess I chose wrong I thought that would have killed you by now but here you are turned into a real pain in my neck." As she walked forward she saw her feet and noticed a gray fog slowly moving through the ground, She turned back and saw someone following her from behind upon the exit, it was a man with a cap and a black suit, and as he walked a mist spread into the room.

"I see, so you plan to attack me two at a time, not bad...I must say is really bad news that your little terrorist troupe has at least five devils, that is more than we thought... still Im quite sure of my chances youngster I have nothing to fear as one of the chosen ones of the city." She stood still and below her, around her shadow, something seemed to stir, black orbs began to float, it seemed like bubbles of black oil-like substance but then, they all opened a huge yellow eye and stared at Rush Collins, Abram remained standing behind her at a distance as he brandished his dagger.

"Last time I never even understood what demon you had, but im not that week anymore!" Rush Collins raised his shiel which opened its mouth.

"Is strange...I cannot feel any devil around...there is no sulfur, no substance, no soul." Sabnock spoke and Abram looked at his shield unsure of what that meant.

"Seems your shield likes to be a chatterbox, of course, there is no smell of sulfur, these thing surrounding me is not a mere devil...it is as I said a gift from the city and artificial demon made by man, a weapon created to destroy any devil...it is the gift of the Engel family." A black slush began to spread from below her as if her shadow was expanding.

"No contract, no price just pure power, That is the true might of the city of devils and it will be your end, now that you know none of you will be allowed to live, as chief of police I declare it." Upon the black slug, hundreds of eyes opened and both Rush and Abram rushed towards the woman standing in the center, staring forward with not a sign of fear. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 9.8K 75
โ€ข BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES โ€ข Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
367K 10.4K 53
Book one of the temptation series AND ISN'T A STANDALONE โฆ๏ธŽ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ˆ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๏ฟฝ...
56 7 15
{Whats a demon to a devil?} ~B. Known as a king in the streets and a womanizer in love, he goes and becomes one with the one that will soon be his tr...
12.5K 1.2K 50
Some things are stronger where they have been broken, other things shatter with the slightest pressure. Loyalty, secrets, and souls can do both, but...