๐‚๐‘๐€๐‚๐Š๐ˆ๐๐† แต–แต‰แตƒแตสธ แต‡หกโฑโฟแตˆแต‰...

By gracessecretshelby

Where Thomas Shelby finds himself slowly destroying the bond between him and his daughter when she needs him... More

introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90

10

5.7K 157 14
By gracessecretshelby

Delilah had stormed through the house, anger  flowing through her. "Whats up, Lilah?" Francis asked, sitting beside the fire. "Did you know dad took that barmaid to the races today?" Lilah asked.

Francis' heart dropped. She looked at the flames. "Where is he now?" she asked the girl. "He's over at the Garrison, celebrating"

Francis took a deep breath and grabbed her coat. "Come if you like, or you can stay here" she said quietly, opening the door. Delilah shook her head, grabbing her own coat and following her mother up Garrison Lane.

"Wheres Tommy" Francis asked Polly who stood at the bar. "In the snug, is everything okay?" she asked.

Francis ignored her. The pair stormed into the small room.

"Francis" Arthur smiled, "you two dont look very happy.." he trailed off. "The barmaid, Tommy, really?" Francis asked, both angry and upset.

Tommy's shoulder dropped. "Francis"

"No dont talk" her voice grew louder, her eyes glossy. "Did you two know about this?" she looked at the other Shelby boys. John shook his head. "Youre my husband, Thomas." Francis whispered, her voice shaky.

"Delilah, why dont we go get a drink" John pushed her away from the snug, Arthur following.

"Francis, i can explain"

"Tommy, for once you shouldnt have to explain" she shouted. "You went behind my back, behind Lilah's back. And took that fucking whore to the races"

Tommy had never seen her so angry or upset. "It was for business, Francis" he shouted back. "business?" she scoffed. "Yes, business, I needed a woman on my arm for Kimber" he said angrily, smashing his fist onto the table.

"If it was business, Tommy, why didnt you tell me?"

He remained silent. "Is there something going on between you and that barmaid, Tommy? If there is, i want you to tell me right now"

He stared at the floor. Francis nodded and walked out.

John watched her carefully, feeling angry toward his brother for what he did. "Francis" John walked after her, leaving Delilah. She stopped, turning to him, tears rolling down her face. "Come here, come on, come here," he whispered, pulling her into a hug.

-

Francis sat in her bed alone, looking out at the dark sky. Her eyes went to the door as Tommy walked in. She looked away. "Francis" he began. She ignored him. "Francis" he repeated.

He sat at the end of the bed, placing a hand on her knee.

"There is nothing going on between me and Grace" Francis scoffed. "Why was it so hard for you to say that when asked you"

"Francis, stop" he whispered. He cupped her face. "I took Grace because i didnt want to put you in danger" he whispered. "Its you, Franny, only you"

-

Delilah glanced out the window of the betting den at the van across the road that had been parked there since early morning.

"It's a good day" Polly said. "Where's John" Tommy asked. "Johns in the Garrison, he says he wants a meeting about a family matter"

"After he said his piece he'll come back and take his place with Scudboat" she nodded. "Scudboat, John will be here in ten minutes" Polly told the older man.

"All right"

"Five" Tommy corrected.

"Can i be in this one or am i going to be banished like always?" Delilah asked,

"No you can come with"  Polly said, handing her a coat. She grinned and shrugged it over her shoulders, following them down to the Garrison.

The three walked inside the snug, looking at Arthur and John.

"All right John, there's only one man guarding the house. What's troubling you?"

John cleared his throat.

"Polly you know what it's been like since Martha died" he nodded, referring to his dead wife, mother of his many children.

Children of which Delilah chose to avoid at all cost.

"God takes the best first" Polly placed her hand over Johns. "Truth is, my kids have been running bloody rings around me"

"running barefoot with the dogs until all hours"

"Pol, give him ten bob for some shoes. Is that it John" Tommy stated. "Tommy we would be better to do this without you" Polly scolded.

"Now what's your point" she looked back at John.

"What the kids need is a mother. That's why i'm getting married" he admitted.

"Does this poor girl know you're gonna marry her or are you just going to spring it on her all of a sudden" Pol asked. "I already proposed and she said yes"

"I think there's a shell about to land and go bang" Tom muttered, lighting a cigarette.

"It's..er..it's Lizzie Stark"

All three of them laughed, Lilah covered her mouth to hide her laugh.

"John, Lizzie Stark, is a strong woman, and i'm sure she provides a fine service for her customers" Polly mocked. "I don't hear the word, understand. Do not use that word" John shouted.

"What word is that John?" Tom asked,

"You know what word that is" John whispered. "Everybody bloody knows" Arthur said. "Everybody can go to hell" John shouted.

"Whore, that word? Or prostitute how about that one"

"Right, i want it known if anyone calls her a whore again i will push the barrel of my revolver down their throats and blow the word down into their hearts" he threatened.

"Men and their cocks never cease to amaze me" Polly remarked. "John, Lizzie Stark never did a days work vertical"

"She's changed" he shouted. "All right, people change, like with religion"

"I can agree Lizzie Stark is always on her knees but i'm sure it's not for religion, John" Lilah squinted. Tommy laughed at his daughters remark.

"Lizzie Stark has got religion, eh?"

"No, no she doesn't have religion but-"

"But she loves me" he argued. "Who could ever love you John?" Lilah teased.

He ignored her.

"Now listen, tommy, i won't do it without your blessing"

"But of all the people in the world, i want you to see it, as brave"

"Oh it's brave alright" Arthur laughed.

"Brave is going where no man has gone before" Polly said. "And with Lizzie Stark, John that's not what you'll be doing"

Finn rushed into the snug.

"Tommy" he panted, "We've been done over"

"What" Arthur sat forward. Delilah stood up, rushing out of the pub along with the rest of them.

As they rushed into the house, they saw Scudboat sat in a chair, head bleeding.

"Jesus Christ" John kicked the table, looking at the mess. "The lees, all of them" Scudboat said. Delilah scanned the room, noticing the four cash boxes that were now gone.

Tommy picked up a pair of wire cutters, returning to them. "They left these"

"Why would they leave that" Pol asked.

"Nobody move" Arthur whispered. "I think our friends are playing the game" Tommy nodded. "What game"

"Aunt Pol don't touch anything" John warned. He grabbed the back of Delilah's dress, stopping her from moving.

"Erasmus Lee was in France. Whenever we gave up ground to the Germans, we'd leave behind booby traps, set up with wires"

"We'd leave wire cutters as part of the joke" Tommy said. "Somewhere in here, there's a hand grenade" John whispered.

"Holy Jesus"

"Don't move any chairs, open any doors" Arthur moved slowly. "Go easy John boy. Go easy"

Tom shook his head. "No"

"Boys no, it's not in here. If it was it would have blown by now. It was my name on the bullet Esmarus sent. He's set up a trap all right"

"But he's set it up just for me"

"Where the fuck is Finn" Lilah asked rushing for the door and speeding down the cobble road and to the garage where her fathers car sat.

"Finn, mate what are you doing?" she asked. "Look at me, i'm Tommy and i'm the boss" he mocked, sitting inside the car.

Tommy appeared behind them.

She laughed as Finn messed around inside.

Tommy stopped, looking at the two.

"Finn, Delilah, stay exactly where you are"

"I was pretending i was you" Finn laughed. "Which door did you open to come in" Tommy asked.

"I didn't, i climbed in" Finn told him. "Dad what is it?" she asked.

"I want you to climb out exactly the same way you climbed in, okay?"

Finn laughed, pulled the door open and jumping out. "No, Finn"

Tommy grabbed something, launching it at a wall across the road, "Clear" he shouted, the men outside fell to the floor, holding their heads. Tommy grabbed the two kids, pulling them to the floor with him, covering their heads.

Delilah's breath was shaky as she slowly stood up after the bang.

"What the fuck" she whispered. Tommy kneeled beside Finn. "That's why you should never pretend to be me, okay?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 11K 29
When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. He didn't expect her to be Charlie Strong...
528K 8.9K 29
He loved her in his own twisted way. In which Tommy falls for a young woman with a dark past.
427K 10.3K 56
Eleonora Shelby. Twelve and a family full of gangsters; Ellie navigates her way through love and loss, pain and heartbreak, brothers and lovers, and...
26.9K 854 26
"All of this. You've had it coming for years." The final act for the Peaky Blinders is upon the family. New political parties rising, new enemies, n...