Burning Wings - Scarian Hero...

By LanIsCrying

Grian has moved to a new school on the other side of the city. He somehow befriends Scar, a guy with a good a... More

!Before reading!
Chapter 1 - First day
Chapter 3 - Secrets
Chapter 4 - Upgrade
Chapter 5 - New enemy
Chapter 6 - Small introduction
Chapter 7 - Not as planned
Chapter 8 - Bonding? Absolutely not
Chapter 9 - Nice to meet you!
Chapter 10 - Get ready
Chapter 11 - Promise?
Chapter 12 - He's not dying, he knows that
Chapter 13 - Healing
Chapter 14 - Oh no
Chapter 15 - Things are going worse than bad
Chapter 16 - This wasn't a mistake, was it?
Chapter 17 - I wish I wouldn't have to remember
Chapter 18 - Where is my mind?
Chapter 19 - You look far too different
Chapter 20 - Why do I hate you?
Chapter 21 - I'm too scared if you stay
Chapter 22 - Please don't let me be the coward that gave up on you

Chapter 2 - Friends

634 25 104
By LanIsCrying

It was finally lunch time and Grian was sitting at an empty table doodling in his notebook while eating a sandwich. He was so deep in his thoughts he didn't hear the people approaching.

-"Hi! Do you mind if we join you?" Someone asked making Grian jump.

He looked up to see a group of four and nodded.

They sat down and looked at Grian.

-"I heard you were new, right?" The same person asked.

It was a guy with yellow-ish-blond hair and ocean blue eyes. He also had a black and gray bandena on his forehead.

-"Uhm... yeah." He answered awkwardly and started looking down again before the guy spoke again.

-" I'm Martyn! Nice to meet you." He introduced himself holding out a hand probably waiting till Grian would take it in response, instead he just stared.

Noticing, Martyn apologized, "Not a touchy person? Completely understandable. "

-"So what's your name? Its not like we don't already know it, but it would be rude of me not to ask." He asked.

-" It's Grian." Grian said shortly and folded his wings in more.

-"Do you want to be friends Grian?" Martyn smiled.

Grian looked at the other three people then back at Martyn.

-"Oh, I'm sorry! This is Scott!" He apologized and put his arm around a cyan haired boy with ice blue eyes on his left.

Scott smiled at Grian and tilted his head down. Grian did the same just without smiling.

-"This is Gem!" Martyn looked at a deer hybrid girl with curly ginger hair, forest green eyes and freckles under her eyes.

-"Nice to meet you!" She smiled softly.

-"And this is-"

-"Im Pearl! Nice to meet you." A girl with brownish blond hair and barely visible blue eyes with star-like freckles interrupted Martyn.

Martyn rolled his eyes and turned back to Grian. "So? Friends? "

-"Sure." Grian agreed not seeing anything bad that could happen if he was friends with them.

-"Tell me, Grian, have you met anyone besides us already? " Pearl asked.

-"Juat Scar." He said.

-"Not very good." Martyn commented.

-"Why?" Grian asked now a bit more comfortable with them.

-"Well I guess he's not that bad, he just has a very bad and good reputation. " Martyn reassured Grian.

-"Just stay away from him, he's not a very good person to be friends with."

Grian nodded. Scar seemed nice. Nice! What to you mean nice!? He's anything but nice! Ugh!

-"You were from Japan right?" Gem asked.

-"Yeah?"

-"Why did you move here then?" She continued.

-"I grew up in Japan, but I moved here when my sister started Highschool, though we were on the other side of the country at that time." Grian explained.

-"Makas sense and not at the same time, because why did you move to this side of the country? " Pearl interested.

-"There was a problem with the school I went when we were there so I had to change schools, I don't want to say exactly why." Grian looked down and started to fidget with a pencil that was in his hands.

-"Oooh." Martyn understood.

(Timeskip to the end of the school day. Sorry not sorry.)

Grian waved goodbye to his new friends and turned to walk home. As he had almost just started walking he heard footsteps coming his way. He held his breath hoping that wasn't because of him.

"Hey, Grian, wait up!" He recognized the voice and proceeded to walk faster as he didn't want to meet him.

"You walk fast, don't you, Grian?" Scar panted as he catched up to Grian.

-" Leave me alone!" Grian spat at Scar not knowing why he was so angry.

-"Oh sorry. " Scar apologized, but didn't go away.

Grian sighed angrily and decided not to argue with him.

Can't a person just walk home without getting disturbed by some annoying guy they barely know?

Grian walked a few steps faster to be a bit infront of Scar and spreaded his wing out to cut him off only for Scar to reappear on Grians other side.

"Well, mister Grian, that wasn't very nice, was it?" Scar said giggling.

Grian just rolled his eyes and kept going. If I ignore him enough then he'll leave me alone. Grian thought hopelessly.

"Soo~ why are you transferring to this school in the middle of the semester?" Scar asked more seriously.

"I- erm.. it's hard to explain," Grian shrugged "basically there was a murderer in my old school."

Scar looked at Grian with this weird look on his face, almost like he was saying 'you're not serious' and 'are you okey' at the same time.

Grian continued "He murderer my friend," he took a deep breath "r-right infront of... me..."

He had no idea why he told him that, but there were alot of things Grian didn't understand.

Grian stopped himself from panicking and just tried not to think about the things that had happened. There was silence for quite some time. Grian knew Scar didn't know what to say.

-

"This is your house?" Scar was looking at his home wide-eyed.

Grian chuckled "Not what you were expecting?"

"NO! I WAS EXPECTING YOU TO LIVE IN A SMALL APARTMENT, BUT THIS... this looks amazing!" Scar yelled in adornment.

"Oh... sorry." He apologized as he noticed that Grian was pretty startled by the yelling.

"Its fine and it's not that amazing." Grian said while looking up the big, blue, two floor house that had a garden at the back of it that was mostly hidden by bushes and crooked trees.

"I take that back." He chuckled.

"See you tomorrow, Grian." Scar said and turned to leave.

Grian sighed and just waved 'Bye', and entered his house.

-"Hi, Dove!" Grian was greeted by his sister just as he locked the doors behind him.

-"Hi, Ayla!" He greeted her back and put his backpack on the floor, to lazy to take it to his room.

-"How was today?" She asked leaning sideways against the door frame that let to the kitchen.

-"I think good." He said taking off his shoes.

-"Did you make any friends? " She interested.

-" Suprisingly yes." He answered and started to walk towards the stairs that led up to the second floor.

-" Suprising really." She mocked Grian.

-"Haha very funny." He rolled his eyes.

-"Don't forget where we're going today!" Ayla yelled as Grian was halfway up the stairs.

-"How could I forget!" He sighed.

-"We're heading out in two hours!" She informed him.

Grian sighed again not responding, but knowing that she knew he had heard her.

Almost immediately as he was in his room he fell onto his bed and groaned.

He didn't want to go and did at the same time, it was confusing.

A loud meow came from Grians pillow.

-"What is it Maui?" He sat up and looked at the spotted cat who was curled up on Grians pillow with his head raised, staring at Grian.

Maui let out another mew and sat up, tail around his paws.

-"You're so lucky you're cute." Grian sighed smiling softly and leaning forward to pet the spotted ball of chaos.

(Word count: 1216)
Originally it should have been 2 chapters but I thought they were to short so I made them in 1.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 1.4K 15
Scar has been struggling keeping his crush for a specific dirty blonde avian a secret, he doesn't know how the avian would react if Scar told him how...
5.8K 184 16
In a broken world , controlled by the Watchers. Where everyone gets powers after they 10. Group of friends had a great normal afternoon... Till one...
1.1K 55 6
Impulse is a demon. A demon with morals. Weird, huh? He's got one last chance before his soul is destroyed and scattered across the universe. All he...
7.4K 236 12
Scar transfers schools and meets the troublemakers that have ruled over the high school for 2 years, they had no mercy over any student there. The av...