Pretend Girlfriend [Monsta X...

By FireFlakes25

Sohn Hyunwoo is the CEO of the most famous fashion Magazine in Korea. He was deemed to be one of the most han... More

|><|
πŸ„ΏπŸ…πŸ„ΎπŸ„»πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΆπŸ…„πŸ„΄
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 1
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 2
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 3
NOT AN UPDATE, SORRY
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 4
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 5
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 6
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 7
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 8
An Apology
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 9 Pt1
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 9 Pt2
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 10
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 11
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 12
|><|Bonus One Shot: HYUNGHYUK
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 13
|><|
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 14
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 15
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 16
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 17
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 18
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 19
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 20
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 21
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 22
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 23
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 24
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 25
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 26
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 27
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 28
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 29
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 30
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 31
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 32
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 33
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 34
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 35
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 37
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 38

πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 36

333 31 43
By FireFlakes25

"I promise, I'll come visit after New Year" Kihyun went and embrace Ms. Choi goodbye. The rest of the children standing there too to see them off.

"I told you, you don't have to come if you're busy. But I do expect a call or text once in a while" The woman says as they break apart.

" Don't worry, Ms. Choi. I'll be reminding Kihyun to contact you at least twice every week" Hyunwoo says appearing beside him.

Kihyun was quick to hit him on his arm " You don't even call your mom for weeks! " He complained to him with a slight smile on his face. His eyes seem to gleam in contentment and ease.

Hyunwoo didn't really feel the hit. He just grabbed Kihyun's hand, and force it down in case he lift it again to hit him.

"And I'll make sure he comes by after New years. I'll drive him here if I have to. Maybe we can bring our friends too to visit" he continued as if Kihyun didn't try to protest.

" I'm starting to think your goal is to steal Ms.Choi's favor" Kihyun looks at him in playful accusation

"You're trying to steal my mom. So I'm stealing yours too" Hyunwoo replied with an almost too proud grin.

" No one can steal Ms.Choi from me. I'm her favorite"

The two bicker, unaware of how their words greatly affected Ms.Choi. It positively tugged her heart, almost making her tear up. It was a nice feeling like she did a good job but more.

"I don't have favorites" But being naturally not an emotional person, she tells Kihyun instead.

"You're just saying that because of the kids are here right?"

"I don't have favorites, Kihyun"

"I'm her favorite," Kihyun says, glancing at the kids who are watching them half entertained and the other unimpressed.

"We know, Oppa" Nabi says with a playful roll of her eyes.

"Nonsense, I don't have favorites" Ms.Choi denied, turning to look at the children with a hard stare that didn't scare them, instead it made them all laugh.

_________________

"Are you planning to stop at every drive-thru you see?" Kihyun asks incredulously when Hyunwoo pointed to the drive-thru he spotted. They had gone to six others since they left Busan.

"I'm hungry," Hyunwoo says in defense.

"You just finished eating like twenty minutes ago!?"

"That's twenty minutes ago" Hyunwoo countered. Anyone could go hungry after twenty minutes. He doesn't understand why Kihyun is questioning it. He knows Hyunwoo's level of appetite.

"We're not that far, I'll just cook at home," Kihyun tells him. They entered Seoul a few minutes ago, it'll only take a matter of time and they're back.

"But I'm hungry now" Hyunwoo argued.

"Fine," Kihyun says defeated. He crossed his arms with a humph. "No drive-thrus tho, I'm sick of eating in your car"

Hyunwoo shrugs and just decided to search for the nearest restaurant he could find. They came across one not long after. It looked like a semi-fancy restaurant with an old Joseon theme. Everything was looking traditional, from the walls to the bowls.

"Is that Hyungwon and Hoseok?" Kihyun asks as he sat, squinting his eyes to look somewhere behind Hyunwoo.

The older turned around and sure enough, it was them. Both were dressed warmly and cozy and were merrily talking to each other. Hyungwon was visibly laughing so hard he was almost falling off his seat. It was weird and surprising to witness. Since when did that emotionally constipated model learn to laugh like that?

"Should we go and say hi?" Kihyun asked.

"I don't think Hyungwon would appreciate us interrupting their date," Hyunwoo says as he finally pulls his chair and sat down. "Let's say Hi later"

Kihyun just shrugged and open the menu, completely unbothered. He didn't really feel like saying hi anyway. He just asked to be polite.

"Yeojoo might have to come out tomorrow" Hyunwoo suddenly said cutting the comfortable silence as they eat their food.

"Why?" Kihyun asked, taking out all the beans in his rice and placing them in Hyunwoo's bowl. Low-key regretting he ordered that specific rice. He eats beans but the red bean rice recipe is not vibing with him at the moment. Good thing Hyunwoo eats just anything.

"Mom is hosting an early Christmas party and she wants to go shopping with you" Hyunwoo replied, lifting his bowl nearer Kihyun to freely let him place the red beans.

Kihyun nodded, more used to having his Yeojoo character on call than before. Hyunwoo's mom always asks for random malling or tea, he was kinda used to it. He might even miss it once all of this is over.

"Please tell me Seola and her mom won't be there" Kihyun just can't stand the mother and daughter, and they're sadly often invited to these girls' day with Hyunwoo's mom. He has no idea how Ha Jin can stand them. Makes him wonder if the woman has no other friends.

Hyunwoo chuckled at the question. He dipped a slice of fish cake in sauce and placed it in Kihyun's bowl. "Probably, they would be," he says, as he watches Kihyun pick up the fish cake and put it in his mouth. Seeing that, he places another one.

Kihyun groaned, picking up the new slice of fish cake Hyunwoo gave him "I hate those two" He complained before eating.

"Don't be dramatic, you won't die spending time with them for a couple hours" Hyunwoo rolled his eyes at him. He understands the reason behind the dislike but thinks it was funny. Some of Kihyun's sufferings are just entertaining. "You'll be able to bear with it, I'm sure," He says with no doubt.

Kihyun nodded, of course, he can. He'd done it before. It won't be too hard but it'll cost his brain cells.

"Don't blame me though if I end up pulling some hairs"

Hyunwoo just nodded,

" Also, I heard from Changbin you told him to come to you when he comes to Seoul. Something about schooling and music"

Changbin is one of the older boys in the orphanage. Currently in his last year of high school.

"Ah, yeah. I told him if he study well and pass in one of the universities here. I'll help him out"

" Really? Why?" Kihyun didn't really mean anything in questioning. Just curious why Hyunwoo wanted to help the boy. Changbin is a sweet kid. He has trouble with his studies but is very talented in other aspects.

"He reminds me of Jooheon when we were in high school. Hates studying but loves music. He seems very passionate about it, so why not?" Hyunwoo says with a shrug, cutting the meat in front of him and giving Kihyun some. " Oh, he also handed me some of his songs. I'm going to give them to Jooheon so he can have a listen. Maybe he'll take Changbin under his wing, I don't know"

Kihyun hums listening. " Mina and Nabi did mention they have plans to come to Seoul too after their graduation. I plan on looking after them, it's not easy to adjust to city life so suddenly. I'd know" Kihyun, though he strongly believes he did quite well and didn't need anyone still wished there was someone who guided him the first time he came. He was very young and new to the place, with no friends to rely on and barely any money to feed himself. It was very hard. So now, he decided to be the person he wished he had for Mina and Nabi. Or to any other kids at the orphanage who would need him. It was only right as he is an older brother to them.

" I can get you guys a place to stay. So you wouldn't have to worry about it" Hyunwoo offered.

Kihyun snorted lightheartedly "Our contract would be done then. You won't have to play sugar daddy, as Minhyuk calls it, on me"

Hyunwoo frown, his chopsticks pausing mid-air. Kihyun always so causally says that, and it always bothers him. As if, after all this, he plans on disappearing in thin air. That was the plan. That's what they wanted. But still, it bothers Hyunwoo. He didn't like hearing it. He started to like Kihyun a little too much for that to happen.

"We're friends, are we not?" Hyunwoo decided to eat the meat he intended to place in Kihyun's bowl. Then he shrugged, chewing. "You can still count on me even the deals are done"

" We're friends?" Kihyun asked him with a raised brow. Giving him a look as if saying who said so?

Hyunwoo returned an unimpressed look.

"I was joking," Kihyun says, breaking character and giggling, thinking he was funny. Hyunwoo couldn't help but crack a smile and shake his head at the younger. Though the negative feeling he had for what's to come after the contract still lingers in him.

Opposite to Hyunwoo, Kihyun felt at ease. He was genuinely thankful to have the older. Maybe he's the person he needed, he just arrived a little late.

"Quit that, you're going to make me fat" A soft sound of wood against wood was heard when Kihyun lightly swatted Hyunwoo's chopsticks with his own. The older has started to put more fish cakes in the younger's bowl. "It's not my fault you ordered more than you can eat" He added, thinking Hyunwoo is giving him his food because he could no longer finish it. Oh, how wrong he was. There's no such thing as Hyunwoo, unable to finish his food.

"Fish cakes are rich in potassium, maybe eating more will make you taller," Hyunwoo says, and still drop the rich cake into Kihyun's bowl.

"It's Calcium, dumbass," Kihyun says, yet still he took the slice and put it in his mouth.

"Potassium helps too!" Hyunwoo argued, Kihyun shook his head at him. "And fish has both Calcium and potassium"

"Guys, Hello!" Their attention was taken off each other when Hoseok's voice cut through, making Kihyun unable to say something back.

The man arrived at their table with a happy grin, Hyungwon following close behind.

"I didn't know you guys were back. How's your trip?" He asked, his positive energy quickly spreading among them.

"It was great, we just returned today. We haven't reached the house yet. This guy is too impatient and hungry" Kihyun replied, nodding his head to point at Hyunwoo.

"Just so you two know, this is Hoseok and I's place. I don't like sharing, so you better find another date spot" The positive energy Hoseok brought was quickly demolished by Hyungwon.

"We're not on a date" Kihyun laughs, thinking it was ridiculous.

"Sure" Hyungwon replied cooly, the model looking pointedly at Hyunwoo as if he knew something others don't. Hyunwoo frowned at him confused but only for a moment.

" Don't be like that, Wonnie" Hoseok says, pulling Hyungwon and clinging to his arm. Not even surprised by the indication that his best friend might be on a date. It almost seemed like he thought so too.

Hyungwon didn't reply to that. He gently remove Hoseok's hand "I'll go get the car, I'll wait for you outside" He gave him a quick peck on the lips before he strides away, knowing Hoseok will most likely want to have a brief conversation with his friends. He's not in the mood for right now, his social energy is only reserved for Hoseok today.

Kihyun's face contorted in a look of fake disgust at Hyungwon's out-of-character display of affection. It's so weird to see him so gentle and loving. He had always looked like he was tired of the world.

"He seems pretty into you" Hyunwoo commented, happy for his hopeless romantic friend as it seems he finally got his prince.

"He said he loves me" Hoseok beams at him, very proud. Nobody had treated him well the way Hyungwon does. He was actually surprised, he didn't expect it from the other. In fact, he didn't expect it from anyone. He had been in a lot of relationships before, but he had never really been treated like royalty. It was always him who does it. Hyungwon matches his efforts and affection. Sometimes, he even surpasses his romantic gestures. He really appreciate it, considering Hyungwon had been so hesitant about letting him in.

Kihyun snorted "He said what?" Hyunwoo glances at him disapprovingly. But Kihyun didn't mean anything negatively about his remark. He just didn't think Hyungwon would be someone who state love declarations.

Thankfully, Hoseok didn't seem to think much about it. "Yeah, Many times. I think I'm gonna marry him"

"Woah, slow down. Don't you think it's a little early? You might want to think about it more" Hyunwoo advised with a small laugh. He knows how hopeless Hoseok is in romance, he might chase away Hyungwon if he rushes. They literally just got together for like month.

"We both love each other, why hesitate? And Won, already knows I have thoughts like this. He'd tell me if it bothers him, But he doesn't. So maybe we have the same thoughts" Hoseok shrugs, like whatever he's talking about is something casual and not so life-changing. He opened this to Hyungwon before and the man didn't say much except tell him his beach wedding dream is overused and a nono. He didn't like it because he didn't like sand. Hoseok is sure they could think of something different. A garden wedding perhaps?

" Oh, I gotta go. Won and I are going to watch a movie. Apparently, there's an adaptation of one of the books he reads. He wanted to see it so he can talk trash about it" Hoseok gave them a wave as he took a few steps away bidding his goodbye. " Enjoy your date guys!" He added last.

" We're not...–" Kihyun didn't get to deny it once more as Hosoek was already far away, and raising his voice in a restaurant is rude and embarrassing.

" Don't bother, you know how they are" Hyunwoo tells him with a small smile playing on his lips. He put meat in his mouth before picking a much larger piece and placing it again in Kihyun's bowl.

____________

I'm very productive this week hehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 4.1K 47
21, July 2022 | kriingkles "I like you" "I have a girlfriend." "I don't care. It's not like you're married or what and I don't have any plans to be i...
2.4K 76 54
A girl , who were left by her parents and was taken care of only her grandmother . Not having time to enjoy life like others to work for the sake of...
2.3K 48 17
Chae Hyungwons twin was hidden for years, though she worked as a model. She had to use a fake last name and deal with people telling her she "Looks l...
804 217 23
"I Ran from my town I've ran from my city Now, I'll run to you Minho " Jisung, a Korean boy who was raised in the states, doesn't feel like he could...