Sign of the Times | Liam Dunb...

By f4brays

β€·β˜…π”°π”¦π”€π”« 𝔬𝔣 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔱𝔦π”ͺ𝔒𝔰 "I fell in a hole." "Yeah, I know. You pulled me down with you." β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ TEE... More

Sign of the Times
Back to the Future
New Kid
The Vixen
Wolf and the Fox
Killers on the Field
Wells and Anchors
Scared
Bonfires and Gasoline
Badass
A Good Something
Just Breathe
Temple of Doom
Coming Home
Gum Girl
Intense
The Language Trick
Kitsune DNA
Oblivious and Alone
You Have A Visitor
Oh Mercury
The Supermoon
Nemeton Hunters
Family Troubles
Charlie's Angles
All Over Again
Help A Friend
Not Like Us
Work with the Enemy
Broken Nose
Good Enough
Best Date Yet
The Little One
Party Hour
Bullet Wounds
Radio Static
I Hate That Guy
Be Polite
Wake Up
Horseback Riding
Leave Your Mark
Not Alone
The Rat King
On Our Own
As Good As Us
I Can Heal You
Rumors
Someone to Trust
Believable
Bloody Hands
The Anuk-ite
The Voice
Turned to Stone
Hiding Something
Doomsday
Part Two: The Movie
Phone Home
Old Friends
Reunited
Deja Vu
Stuck in Time
Fox Fire
A Question

Clark Kent

821 50 13
By f4brays

Once the coast was clear and Nolan was gone, Melanie barged in to the guidance counselors office. Barely giving the woman reasoning, Melanie grabbed Liam's hand, yanked him out of the seat and pulled him out of the room.

The bell rang for students to start heading to class, Belle separated from the group, having a different class than the rest of them as Mel explained to Liam her previous phone call with Melissa about how Monroe is a hunter and was a part in Brett and Lori's killing as the two of them, Mason, Corey and Gwen walked to their science class.

"So our guidance counselor is a werewolf hunter." Mason breathed out as they walked into Mrs. Finch's class and Gwen shook her head. "I'm never asking for guidance again. And I'm not even supernatural." She whispered.

Melanie and Gwen headed to their shared desk at the front of the class as Mason and Corey went to their desk. In between the two pairs desks was Liam's who was partnered with a girl he didn't even know the name of.

When he sat down, the girls eyes widened in fright. Liam tried to give her a small smile, but she grabbed her bag and ran to another desk as the bell rang.

Mrs. Finch turned around from the board, her eyes landing on Liam sitting all alone. The teacher placed her hands on her desk and leaned, squinting at the boy. "Is there a problem, Liam?"

"No. Not with me." Liam said and Mrs. Finch sighed. She looked around the classroom, pushing herself off the desk and walking around it to stand in front of it.

"Who will let Liam join their group?" She asked. Melanie and Gwen both rose their hands. Mrs. Finch rolled her eyes. "Someone other than you two." She grumbled.

As soon as Melanie and Gwen put their hands down, Mason and Corey rose theirs. The teacher rolled her eyes. "Or Mason and Corey."

Melanie looked around the room and watched as no one raised their hands. No even looking at Melanie's side of the room.

"Hmm. You all have one minute for someone to volunteer or the whole class fails the day's lab." Mrs. Finch said and the whole class started to chatter, yet not one raised their hands.

"This is just making it worse." Liam whispered, making Melanie and Gwen turn around to face the boys. Corey leaned over his desk so Melanie and Gwen could hear him even though he was talking to Liam. "Yeah, well, it's about to get worse-worse."

Liam tilted his head at Corey and even though Melanie only saw the back of Liam's head, she knew he was glaring at Corey. "Why do you only show up when there's bad news?"

Ignoring Liam's question, Corey kept talking. "The entire lacrosse team is looking for you. They're blocking the exits."

Gwens eyes widened. "What?! Why?" She asked and Corey faced her. "They're gonna try to make Liam shift in front of everyone."

Liam shook his head at Corey's words. "That definitely can't happen."

Melanie, not really thinking and panicking, scoffed. "Well, duh."

Liam, Gwen, Corey, and Mason all turned to Melanie with either wide eyes or a "really?" look. Melanie pulled her lips into a line as she shook her head. "I'm so sorry. I'm stressed."

"You're stressed?! What are we gonna do?" Liam whisper yelled. Before anyone could answer, Mrs. Finch sighed from the front of the room, making the five teens turn to her. "All right, Liam, looks like you're not winning any popularity contests so why don't you work alone. And I'll decide whether or not I was bluffing about failing everyone."

...

The five waited until the class was empty before exiting. Their plan was the Corey made Liam and Mason invisible with him as Melanie and Gwen try to lead them out of the school.

As soon as the coast was clear, Liam grabbed Corey's shoulders as Corey grabbed Mason's and they all turned invisible. Melanie turned to Gwen and gave her a small nod that Gwen instantly returned before Melanie opened the classroom door and walked out of the hallway, Gwen and the boys following behind her.

Melanie and Gwen casually turned down the hallway and were instantly met with two lacrosse boys blocking one direction. Melanie gave them an innocent smile as Gwen's eyes widened in nerves, turning the opposite way towards the stairs.

Melanie pushed a few people out of her way, making sure they didn't run into the boys as she turned to Gwen. "Way to be casual." She muttered and Gwen turned to her, shaking her head. "I'm still new to all of this! I'm nervous!" She whispered back before the two girls rammed into two chests. Melanie looked up and saw two more lacrosse boys blocking the stairs.

"Sorry boys." Melanie chuckled, grabbing Gwen's hand to turn to their left, but were stopped by Gabe who had a glare plastered on his face.

"Where are you two going?" Gabe asked, crossing his arms as Melanie casually pointed behind him to Finstock's office. "We need to talk to Coach and as your Captain, it'd be smart to get out of my way." She said, going to walk passed the boy but just as she was about to walk passed him, Gabe reached out to grab her wrist, making Melanie instantly turn to face him with an angry glare.

"Touch me and I scream." Melanie said, taking a daring step towards the boy. Gabe looked at Melanie for a few seconds before dropping his arm, letting her and Gwen pass.

Melanie gave a cocky smile to the boy before she turned around and walked down the hall straight for Finstock's office, still feeling Corey, Mason, and Liam hot on her heels.

Just as they were about to reach the all clear, Nolan came out from the hall, standing right in front of them. He reached into his jacket pocket, pulling out a handful of flour from the cooking class and throwing it towards the two girls.

Melanie and Gwen froze. They slowly turned around and watched as three flour-covered blobs slowly turned into Corey, Mason and Liam, their covers blown.

Immediately, Gabe grabbed Liam's shoulders from behind and threw him into the nearest classroom. Melanie went to run after Gabe, but arms latched around her, not letting her move. Melanie turned her head and saw Nolan holding her, glaring down at her.

"Don't think you're in the clear, Captain. We know you were there too. That you're something." Nolan muttered into Melanie's ear. Melanie tried to push herself out of Nolan's grasp as a crowd started to grow around the classroom.

Melanie couldn't see what was happening, but she could hear everything. She try to shake herself out of Nolan's grip again, but she couldn't. "Hey! Let him go!" Melanie screamed, feeling her chest and throat tighten up, making her voice scratchy. She started to feel her breathing go uneven and her fingers start to tingle. Melanie thought about how now was not the time for a panic attack.

She looked down and saw how close Nolan kept his feet to hers. Since Nolan was distracted by the fight, Melanie raised her foot before slamming it back down on the top of Nolans foot. Nolan screamed in pain, letting go of Melanie.

Mel didn't waste a second, running towards the crowd, trying everything she could to get passed the them and into the classroom. She got to the very front of the crowd beside Mason and Gwen before two boys on the lacrosse team with her made a barricade, holding her back just like they did with the other two.

Melanie's breathing started to grow heavier. Liam was on his knees and Gabe had a handful of his hair. In one second, Gabe threw his knee up, bashing Liam in the face.

"Liam!" Melanie screamed, still trying to push back the boys. She hated that she didn't have super strength.

"Get the hell off of him!" Melanie heard Belle yell from behind her, using her werewolf strength to burst through the fight. "Belle!" Melanie yelled, but Belle didn't hear her too angry at the sight of Gabe beating up her friend.

Corey followed Belle through the fight to get to Melanie. Corey grabbed Melanie's hand and pulled her out to the hall. Melanie tried to go back towards the fight, but Corey stopped her, cupping her face in his hands, making her look at him. "Mel, Mel... I know you want to go and save him but you and I both know you can't get passed these guys without exposing yourself. And if you keep watching this, you're gonna freak out and have a panic attack so you need to get your mind off it and find Coach and get him here to stop this!" Corey whisper yelled.

Melanie looked at Corey with wide eyes before bolting down to the end of the hall, twisting and turning past people to not run into them until she got to Finstock's office.

She burst through the door out of breath, startling the man. "What the hells the matter with you, Yukimura?" Coach yelled before he noticed Melanie's panicked state and immediately straightened up. "Is this one of those panic attack things we worked on? Do we need to do the four things?"

Melanie shook her head, trying to swallow through her dry throat as she pointed down the hall. "They're... They're beating up Liam. And Belle tried to fight them off and now... I don't know if they're getting her... An- And no one is helping and-" Coach immediately interrupted her, standing up and walking toward her. "Come on. Where?"

The girl nodded, running down the hall, faintly hearing her coach not too far behind her. When she got to the class, she skidded to a stop, running into Coreys arms who immediately pulled her into a hug to try and calm her down as Coach broke up the fight.

"What the hell is going on? "Back off! Hey! Get to the Principal's office! Now!" Finstock's voice boomed from the classroom. A couple seconds later, Gabe and Nolan were out of the classroom and the crowd. as they walked towards the Principal's office, they both glared at Melanie and Corey.

"What the hell is this? Get out! All of you! I can't stand to look at your faces!" Coach yelled and instantly, the class and hall started to empty. As soon as Melanie had enough space to run through the crowd without triggering a panic attack, she pulled herself out of Corey's grasp and ran into the classroom.

Her eyes fell on Belle who had a bloody hand from punching Gabe. When Melanie saw Liam laying on the floor, his entire face covered in blood, she immediately ran over to him. Melanie squatted down and gently helped him sit up, cupping his face. "Hey. Hey, Liam." Melanie whispered and Liam slowly opened his eyes. "Mel?"

Melanie quickly nodded, wiping some blood off his face with her thumb as she let out a breathy laugh, nodding. "Yeah. It's me. Are you okay?" Liam chuckled, moving his head to toss some hair back as he looked into her eyes with a small smirk. "Like Clark Kent."

Melanie smiled at his words, kissing the part of his forehead that surprisingly had no blood on it before helping him up. As she kissed his forehead, Melanie took some of his pain from him. Melanie didn't even take that much and she already felt horrible, making her heartbreak for how ever Liam must be feeling.

She took a little bit more of his pain before removing her lips from his forehead and looking down at him with a smile. "Yeah... Clark Kent." She looked up, her eyes landing on Belle as she grunted at Liam putting all his weight on her. "You okay?"

Belle trilled her lips, wiping her bloody hand on her jeans before Gwen grabbed it, making sure nothing was wrong with it. "They didn't even land a punch on me."

–Coach knowing about Mel's panic attacks 🤧❤️

guys i can't watch that scene because i love liam too much so this chapter was A STRUGGLE

IM IN LOVE WITH MELS FRIENDSHIP WITH COREY
we will... get more of it in future chapters but i wont say how/why 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.1K 21
"I'm a broken soul, and I think you're the only one that can put me back together" [season 2] [isaac lahey] [completed]
562K 34.4K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
794K 32.7K 32
════ β‹†β˜…β‹† ════ in which a girl with insatiable curiosity begins to uncover and theorise on the supernatural, leading her right back to her childhoo...
251K 7.7K 45
** COMPLETED ** Ivory Lahey was bitten in sophomore year along side her brother, except she isn't exactly the same as him. But when he stayed in Fran...