The Bad Batch Aftermath{Techx...

De xoautumnbratxo

~Book two to Valerie's story~ What was only one mistake turned out to be the very thing that possibly saved h... Mais

Author's Note #1
Prologue
Alone
Meeting The Batch
Anaxes
Skako Minor Pt. 1
Skako Minor Pt. 2
Unfinished Business
Saving The Handmaiden
Ambush
Order 66
Finding Her
Hunted
Rescued
Breaking Point
Ord Mantell
Battle Scars
Reunion
Author's Note #2
Emotions
Bounty Lost
Revelations
The Truth
Rescue on Ryloth
Old Guns
Before The Storm
Return To Kamino
Kamino Lost
A New Day
Now This Isn't Pod Racing
Treasures All Around
Gone Girl
Taken
Aftermath
The Youngling
Home
Clones, Conspiracies, The Senate Oh My!
Truth and Consequences
For The Republic
Rescuing Hope
The Crossing
Fate
Fate Worse Than This
The Test of A Jedi
Confessions
Jealousy is an Ugly Color
A Worthy Jedi
The Summit
Plan 99
Authors Note #3
Season 3/ Written Trailer
The Darkness
Fighting Back
Lost
Wanted
Sandy Planets
His Memories
What Could've Been
Closed doors

Pabu

106 8 0
De xoautumnbratxo

"Thanks for the pickup." Phee said, she kicked her feet up.

"Yea, well we were in the area." Hunter said.

Valerie was sitting across from Phee, she tried to keep her focus on anything but the other woman but she was curious about the artifact in her hand.

"Where you heading next? Any plans?" Phee asked Hunter.

Hunter looked at the others. "You're looking at it."

Phee sat up, dropping her feet. "In that case, you all are coming with me." She got up and walked over to Tech, putting a hand on his shoulder. Valerie leaned forward, giving Phee the dirtiest of looks behind her back. "Head to these coordinates, brown eyes."

"Oh good, taking us to where you pirates like to loiter." Valerie said. Hunter picked up her tone, wondering what had her all riled up.

"Valerie?" Hunter questioned.

Phee turned and laughed. "It's alright, you'll see where we like to loiter."

Valerie rolled her eyes and got up. "I'm going to meditate." She walked away to the back of the ship and sat criss-crossed, she relaxed and tried to focus her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie felt peace, a peace she hasn't felt in a long time. She heard the laughing of children. Valerie overlooked the ledge she was standing at and saw a beautiful village surrounded by water. The breeze felt nice against her face.

"You wanna take it out and watch the sunset?" Valerie turned at the sound of an unfamiliar voice, she saw Omega talking to a girl her age. Valerie turned back to the water, she felt danger. She turned back to the girls and saw they were gone.

"Omega?" Valerie called out.

"Val! We're not gonna make it!" She heard Omega scream.

"Omega!" Valerie turned and saw she was standing in the ocean except there was no water. Sea creatures jumping around her. "I'm coming!"

Valerie found herself closing her eyes, and she had her hands out. Water surrounded them and Valerie was using all her strength. Valerie started screaming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie leaned forward panting, almost as if she was gasping for air. Like she had been underwater.

"Are you alright?" Phee asked.

Valerie looked at her and nodded, still heavily breathing.

"Right..." Phee said. "Listen, we're almost there."

"Okay." Valerie said and stood up.

Tech got the Marauder landed, Phee led them off the ship and Valerie looked around, starstruck. She didn't know this place but there was something about it that was just so... peaceful.

"Welcome to Pabu, my home away from home." Phee said, waving her hands. "It's a hidden sanctuary of sorts." Valerie looked up at the giant tree in front of them. "That's the archium. It's where the artifact will be stored. It holds treasures from all over the galaxy."

Valerie wandered a little ways past the group. She made her way towards the tree. She was looking around Pabu, taking in everything. Especially the peace this place holds, but something felt familiar. In the distance she could hear the others talking.

"My analysis indicates that this so-called artifact you recovered is of very little to no monetary value." Tech said.

"Treasure can mean many things." Phee said. "Most of the villagers on Pabu are refugees. Many of the items I recover are remnants of their culture, and that's worth preserving." Phee walked over to Valerie, placing a hand on her shoulder. Valerie looked at her. "This is where a pirate like me likes to loiter."

"I-I'm speechless Phee." Valerie said. "There is just something about this place, a peace that I longed for the whole galaxy to feel. I heard you talking about your artifact. About preserving culture, is this why you became a pirate?"

"Mainly, but after all, I am a liberator-" Phee started but was cut off.

"Liberator of ancient wonders." A tall bald man walked towards them, chuckling. A little girl, about Omega's age, walked next to him. "About time you showed your face around here."

Phee walked up to the man and hugged him. "Miss me Shep?" Phee asked. Valerie walked up to the others, standing next to Tech.

"Auntie Phee!" The little girl cheered and hugged her as well. "What'd you bring this time?" Phee pulled out the green statue and the girl inspected it. "Looks like one of a kind." Valerie studied the girl, something about her felt familiar.

"Good eye." Phee said.

The man, Shep, turned to the group. "That's not all you brought I see."

Phee turned back to the group. "This is Shep Hazard, mayor of Pabu, and his daughter Lyana." Valerie saw the girl eyeing Omega. "Shep, Lyana, meet Valerie, Omega, Hunter, Wrecker, and Tech."

Shep walked up to Hunter, shaking his hands. "Welcome." He did the same thing to Valerie, Omega, and Tech.

Wrecker, though, grabbed Shep's hand first, shaking it. "Put her there!" He laughed. Shep too laughed, although Valerie guessed it was from Wreckers rough handshake.

Valerie again watched Lyana and Omega. With Lyana walking over to her. "Phee's never brought any friends here before." Valerie couldn't help but smile at their interaction.

"Never? Not any friends ever?" Omega asked.

"Nope." Phee walked over to them.

"So why bring us?" Valerie asked.

"Makes you wonder, doesn't it?" Phee retorted, earning an eye roll from Valerie.

Lyana leaned closer to Omega. "She must really like you."

"All right. That's enough out of you." Phee said, smiling. The two girls laughing.

"Then it's settled." Shep said. "You'll join us for dinner."

"Join you for dinner?" Valerie questioned.

"There's no saying no to Shep's famous feast." Phee mentioned. "Lots of food, drink, and general merrymaking." Phee pointed to Tech. "You'll probably hate it." Phee smiled and Valerie put a hand over her mouth trying to cover her laugh, Phee noticed. "It'll be great. Lead the way Shep. I'll catch up."

Shep walked off leading the others to follow him. Valerie noticed Tech lagging and she turned to him. "Everything alright?" She asked.

"You were laughing at her comment." Tech stated, Valerie sensed that he wasn't actually upset with her.

Valerie tried to hide her smile and grabbed his hand. "I wasn't laughing at you Tech, but it was a little funny."

"You thought it was funny?" Tech said, adjusting his goggles. Valerie held her pointer finger and her thumb close together showing Tech that she did find it a little funny. "I enjoy food and drinks."

Valerie laughed. "But do you enjoy merrymaking? Come on, let's catch up." Valerie kept her hand intertwined with Tech's and the two of them caught up with the group.

The adults all walked together but Omega and Lyana were running ahead of them. Everyone made their way down the steps. The two girls leaned up on the edge, overlooking the ocean.

"Wow!" Omega looked out.

"Wait till you see it up close." Lyana told her. The others all stopped to overlook the edge too.

"It is beautiful." Valerie commented.

"Upper Pabu is the oldest part of the island." Shep said. "As we've grown over the years, we've expanded below the wall into Lower Pabu."

An elderly gentleman walked by. "Hi, Shep." He said.

Shep put a hand on his shoulder. "Hi, Mr. Eenta. How are Sari and Micha?"

The elderly man laughed. "They're doing good. Thanks for asking Shep."

The man continued on his walk. "Well-uh do you know everyone here?" Wrecker asked.

"Of course. We're all like family." Shep said, Valerie looked over the edge again, a sudden sadness filled her heart. Tech stood next to her as the others continued their walk.

"You alright Val?" He asked.

Valerie kept on looking ahead. "I'm okay."

Tech turned to her. "Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"You're not okay, something has upset you. Is there something bad about this place?"

Valerie turned to him. "No Tech, that's the thing. There is not a single bad thought here. I believe Shep saying they're all family."

"So what is the matter?"

"The jedi all used to be one family." She gestured to the island. "I just don't want to get my hopes up again. I don't know how many more families I can lose."

Tech placed a hand on her shoulder. "You won't lose anymore families. You're stuck with us."

"I hope so."

"Let's catch up to the others."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shep led everyone to a big outside dining table. "Come, come." He ushered everyone. "Make yourselves at home." Valerie, like the others, all went to the edge and looked over, the hanging lights above them blowing in the breeze. Even in this moment something about it was familiar to her.

"Not too shabby is it?" Phee said, standing in between Hunter and Valerie.

Valerie heard the chattering of some creatures and she looked over to see Omega and Lyana following them. She followed the girls. The three of them knelt to the ground.

"They're called Moon-yo's." Lyana said. "They elders say they've lived here since before Pabu was inhabited." One jumped on Lyana's shoulder. Valerie held her hand out and another Moon-yo inspected her hand before grabbing onto it. Valerie smiled. The Moon-yo on Lyana's shoulder jumped onto Omega's and now the Moon-yo on Valerie's arm climbed up to her shoulder. The three girls were laughing.

"I have not heard them laugh like that in some time." Tech mentioned to Hunter and Wrecker.

The Moon-yo's got off their shoulders and ran off, the two girls followed them, while Valerie stood up. Shep and Phee came out with food at this point.

Valerie watched Hunter walk up to Shep. "Phee said the villagers here are refugees."

"Many, yes." Shep responded. "Pabu has been a safe haven for those forced to flee from their homes during the war and others after."

"And you're not worried the empire will show up?"

"Why would they? We're a remote island with limited resources." Shep paused. "But if they do, we'll manage." Valerie watched as Shep and Hunter watched the girls interact with each other and the Moon-yo's. The two of them laughing. "Some come to Pabu looking for a clean slate. A chance to start over. As a father, you couldn't ask for a better place to raise a child."

Phee walked over to Hunter as Shep walked away from him. "Something to think about, isn't it?" She asked him.

"You're suggesting we all stay on Pabu permanently?" He questioned. This piqued Valerie's interest and she walked over to the two of them. Valerie stood next to Hunter and the three of them observed Omega and Lyana again.

"She seems to like it here." Phee said.

"It's not a horrible thing to think about." Valerie added.

"A little stability might do you all some good." Phee said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group all sat at the table, eating. As Valerie ate, it was the most delicious meal she's had in a long time. Omega and Lyana got up from the table as well as Shep. Tech offered Valerie some water from the pitcher.

"You have your own boat?" Omega asked, Valerie turned her head at the question.

"Uh huh. You wanna take it out and watch the sunset?" Lyana questioned.

"Really?" Omega asked.

"That sounds like a great idea, doesn't it?" Phee turned to Hunter.

"Can I go?" Omega asked.

"Have fun." Hunter smiled. Omega and Lyana got up from the table and took off running. Wrecker on the other hand started groaning.

"Wrecker, what's wrong?" Valerie asked.

"What's with you?" Hunter also asked.

Wrecker turned to Hunter. "I'm full."

"You're... full?" Valerie raised an eyebrow.

"I am never full." Wrecker said.

"It's true." Tech said to Valerie. "But I will note the date and time to commemorate such a momentous occasion." Tech pulled out his data pad and typed away, Valerie leaned over to watch him as he did so.

Shep came back with another covered platter. "What?" Wrecker questioned.

"Hope you saved room for dessert." Shep said as he placed the platter down and took off the lid.

Wrecker gasped. "I love this place!" Valerie laughed.

Tech grabbed some fruit off the platter and gave one to Valerie, she smiled when she took it from him and he went back to his data pad. She watched Wrecker lean back in his chair, satisfied. Hunter and Shep were idle chattering. Valerie felt genuine peace.

"It's almost time." Phee said.

"For what?" Tech responded, not looking up.

"See for yourself." Phee said and stood up and walked over to the ledge, Tech got up and followed her. Valerie watched them.

"I am not seeing anything." Tech said and looked back at his data pad.

Phee lowered his arm and that made Valerie get up and walk over to them. "Just wait. It'll be worth it." She said.

"What will be worth it?" Valerie asked.

Phee chuckled as the three of them looked out and saw Pabu slowly start to light up. Again this small place impressed Valerie.

"Pretty spectacular, right?" Phee asked.

"I suppose that is one way to quantify it." Tech said.

"It's beautiful." Valerie said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After some time Phee and Tech were still chatting but Valerie wandered a little ways away from them. She was staring out into the ocean, something felt... off. Hunter noticed her staring and he turned to the Moon-yo's, they dropped the fruit they were eating and looked around nervously before running off. He got up from his chair and walked over to Valerie.

"Something's off." Hunter said, leaning on the ledge.

"I feel it too." Valerie said, still staring.

Hunter watched as more Moon-yo's ran inland from the city below.

"Empire?" Hunter asked.

"No, I don't think so." Valerie said.

Hunter turned to the lanterns that hung, they blew in the wind. Shep and Wrecker got up from their seats.

"What's wrong?" Phee asked the two of them.

"Something's coming." Hunter said. "We need to-" The ground started shaking, Valerie gripped the edge as screaming could be heard throughout Pabu."

"Omega come in." Hunter pulled his com-link out, Valerie watched the waterline. It didn't end where it was before. "Are you two okay?"

"We're fine." Omega called back. "We're headed back to shore now."

"Everyone all right?" Shep called down to his people. They all head a thumbs up.

"Well that was different." Wrecker responded.

"It's not over." Valerie whispered. Hunter looked at her, the only one hearing her comment.

"Uh a small tremor." Shep quickly said. "It's nothing to worry about. Part of island life."

"That was more than a small tremor." Valerie said, finally looking at Shep.

"I'm with Valerie, I don't think it's over yet." Hunter said. The tremor started again and Valerie looked back out into the ocean. She watched the water receding. "That was not a small tremor."

"No, it was not." Shep said.

"We need to get the people inland." Valerie said.

"Hunter, I believe this island is at risk for a significant sea surge." Tech said.

"How much risk." Hunter asked.

"Highly probable to imminent." Tech responded.

"We haven't had a sea surge in more than three decades." Shep said. Valerie remembered her vision, she thought about water and lots of it. "If we were at risk, the early warning system would've activated."

"But it does happen. I had a vision about this." Valerie said.

"A vision?" Shep questioned.

A horn blasted throughout the city. "I don't like the sound of that." Wrecker said.

Shep handed Tech binoculars and he looked out. "The water has already begun receding."

"The girls are still out there." Valerie said.

"We must evacuate all of Lower Pabu." Tech said.

"Lyana and Omega, they're still on the water." Shep said, nervously. Valerie sensed the worry for his daughter.

"I'll grab our ship and get them." Hunter said. "You five, move everyone in town to higher ground."

"Hunter, you'll never make it." Valerie said. "I will."

Hunter nodded and Valerie turned and force jumped over the edge and took off running once she landed.

"What?" Shep questioned.

"Not the time, move!" Hunter said and the group took off running.

Valerie ran through the streets, taking the sharp corners to get to the docks, if people tripped in front of her she helped them up. Valerie force jumped over some debris and she finally made it to the docks. She jumped off them and onto the wet ground below and she continued to run after the girls. Valerie sensed the water coming back and she pushed herself to run faster.

"Hunter." Valerie heard Omega on the coms. "We're in trouble. There's a giant wave coming and we're too far out. What do we do."

"Keep your locator on." Hunter responded. "And head to shore. I'm on my way, Val is too."

Valerie pulled out her com. "Start running. I'm coming to you."

Valerie could see the girls in the distance and also the water rushing after them. "Omega I've reached the ship. Hang tight!" Hunter came through the coms.

"I see Val! We're almost to her!" Omega responded.

"Omega! Lyana!" Valerie called out.

"The water's moving too fast!" Valerie heard Lyana yell. The girl tripped and Omega stopped to grab her. Valerie caught up to them.

"Val!" Omega cried out. "We're not gonna make it!"

"We're not, but I have a plan." Valerie said. "You girls hang onto me, got it?" The two nodded and wrapped their arms around her waist and Valerie held her hands out and closed her eyes. She concentrated her thoughts. The water rushed towards them and the girls also closed their eyes. Valerie felt the water wash over above them and Omega and Lyana slowly opened their eyes. Water completely surrounded them.

"I don't understand." Lyana said. "What is happening?"

Valerie grunted as the weight of the water brought her to one knee. "Hang on Val, you can do this." Omega said.

"Wait, she's doing this?" Lyana asked.

"I got your location, are you under the water?" Hunter called.

"Val's with us. She using the force, but she's getting tired fast." Omega responded.

"The force?" Lyana questioned.

"Girls." Valerie grunted. "The crash has come to pass but-" Her arms started to shake. "The weight of the water is too much, you two need to hold on. There's rocks to climb on nearby."

"Hunter, do you see the rocks?" Omega asked.

"Affirmative." He responded.

"Hang on as tight as you can. Once the water hits us, it will hurt like a ton of bricks but you must not let go understand?" Valerie opened her eyes, the two girls nodded and the three of them nodded. Valerie dropped her hands and quickly grabbed the girl's arms and the water rushed in. Valerie kicked them towards the rocks and pushed the girls to them. They breached the surface.

"Grab the line." Hunter called. Omega and Lyana grabbed it and started climbing. "Where's Val?"

On cue Valerie also rose to the surface, she took in a gasp of air and grabbed the line. "Get us out of here!" She yelled and Hunter turned the Marauder around.

Once safely boarded, Omega and Lyana overlooked the water but Valerie collapsed on the Marauder floor, completely exhausted. She's been finding herself more and more tired each time she pushes abilities.

"You good, Val?" Hunter called from the bridge.

"Uh-huh." She called back and closed her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was early the next morning, Valerie was helping hand out food and rations to the villagers. Tech was next to her and he handed out blankets. The two of them walked over to Wrecker, Omega, and Lyana and they were all sleeping against the tree. Valerie smiled.

Tech went to walk up to them but Valerie stopped him. "Shh." She held a finger to her lips, Tech had a soft smile and Valerie grabbed his hand and the two of them moved on.

"We got everyone out in time." Shep said. "That's what's important."

Valerie heard Shep as the two of them walked over to them. "Based on my estimations, it will take several rotations to rebuild the damages sustained in Lower Pabu." Tech said.

"But we can help right?" Valerie asked.

"Property was destroyed, but my people are resilient." Shep said. "We'll band together and rebuild."

"I was thinking." Hunter said. "We could stay and help out with things."

"I had the same idea." Tech said, Valerie smiled.

"That is if you don't mind us sticking around for a while." Hunter said.

Shep chuckled. "You would be most welcome." The boys started to walk away. "Valerie." Tech paused and turned when Shep called for Valerie.

Valerie walked up to him. "Yes?"

"Those moves back there, most impressive." He said and Valerie swallowed, she knew where this conversation was heading.

"Thank you... I had a lot of training."

"You know, I've only ever seen jedi jump like that." Valerie slowly nodded. "And Lyana told me that you used the force?"

"Yes. I am indeed jedi." Valerie looked down at the ground. "Please don't kick out my friends, I know jedi are considered treasonist and I understand if you kick me out but please let my friends stay. I can leave soon-"

"Why would I kick you out?"

"Huh?" Valerie looked up at him. "Be-because I'm a jedi."

"Valerie, you saved my daughter's life, you didn't even think twice about it. Why would I kick out the woman who saved her? Jedi or no jedi, everyone gets a second chance on Pabu."

Valerie smiled. "Thank you Shep."

Shep placed a hand on her shoulder. "Everyone is welcomed here, come on." The two of them caught up with the others.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

51.7K 2.1K 82
𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disliking. Ry, taken from her home when she...
33.2K 1.5K 27
"Choose a side.. we all have to now." Noble knew from the visions that the END was coming... With the Bad Batch unknowingly going into this so called...
32.2K 1.1K 20
Her name is Noble.. That's what many have called her for years. With a tragic past that cost the lives of her brothers, turned this clone into a medi...
3.8K 174 18
Their mission...Their dreams...Their lives...are not over yet. [THIRD Book of the "Stealth and Track" Series, following "Foresight and Scope"] The ag...