mark on my heart | Mark Sloan

By kiraalicex

Mark Sloan; Womaniser. Manwhore. Heartless. Bonnie Teller; Screws like a whore. Sarcastic. Heartless. Both ha... More

¹
²
³
¹⁰
¹¹
¹²
¹³
¹⁴
¹⁵
¹⁶
¹⁷
¹⁸
¹⁹
²⁰
²¹
²²
²³
²⁴
²⁵
²⁶
²⁷
²⁸
²⁹
³⁰
³¹
³²
³³
³⁵
³⁶
³⁷
³⁸
³⁹
⁴⁰
⁴¹
⁴²
⁴³

³⁴

1.9K 74 1
By kiraalicex

"Hey hey hey, I can get tha-"

"Touch it and I'll end you."

Mark holds his hands up in surrender and suppresses a sigh as he watches Bonnie move slowly across the living room to get the tv control. He crosses his arms and waits for her to be sat down. "I was only offering because I was passing."

"And I was already up." She smiles sweetly as she settles into the cushions again. "A laparoscopy is a piece of cake okay? I have like 10 stitches and that's it."

"Yes but you had it 2 days ago, you still need to be resting. BUT," He says loudly as she goes to interrupt, "I know you're fine and can do things yourself."

She rolls her eyes and wriggles to get comfortable. "I'm fine. Hungry actually so if you want to be helpful, you could get me some chips. Or cake."

He playfully salutes. "Yes ma'am."

She smiles small and watches him go before she leans her head back with a sigh. Their happy ever after isn't turning out to be so happy. She reaches for her phone and quickly sits up. "Mark!!!"

There's a clatter and thud from the kitchen before he'd sliding across the floor in a rush to get to her. Before he can ask what's wrong, she's holding the phone out. "Fuck. Shit! They said 5 days at least. Fuck!" He cusses as he sits beside her. "Answer!!!"

Bonnie swallows, her throat dry, as she hits answer. "Hello?"

"Hi Bonnie, it's doctor Granger. Is Mark around to join us on the call?" A familiar voice asks.

"He's right here, you're on speaker." She grips Marks hand.

"Amazing. How are you feeling?" He enquires.

"A little sore but I'm okay. Nervous mostly." She admits, her eyes wandering around the room. "I take it it's not good news if you're calling so soon."

"Actually, it's a mixed batch of news. Bonnie, you unfortunately have endometriosis." He says gently, pausing to allow it to sink in.

Bonnie exhales shakily, closing her eyes; not cancer. She isn't dying. Yay? "Okay. Okay..." she slowly says. "So that's the end of it, isn't it? My womb is too hostile." She swallows hard.

"What grade is it?" Mark asks as he frowns, his free hand rubbing his jaw.

"Actually..." He slowly says. Mark squeezes her hand. "We're looking at a stage 1, bordering stage 2 within the next year. If there was ever a window to harvest some good eggs, we need to do it now. It's prime time for it and this could be our real chance. How would you feel us scheduling a harvest for your next cycle?"

Bonnie gasps in a shaky breath as she tears. "Seriously? I could do this?" She squeaks.

Mark and the doctor chuckle. "Yes, Bonnie. I make no promises, I never do, but we have a very good chance at the moment and we should act on it. How does that sound to you?"

"Yes. Yes God yes." She sniffles. "Drug me up."

"Excellent. I shall have an appointment scheduled for next week and we can arrange everything you'll need."

The moment the call ends, Bonnie climbs into Mark's lap to cry. He wraps his arms around her gently and holds her close, tight, with his face buried in her neck. "We can do this." He mumbles. "You can do this."

She holds a little tighter. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry it's my fault." She mumbles against his chest.

He firmly grabs her face in his hands, looking into her teary eyes. "Don't. Don't even. This is out of both of our controls, it could have just as easily been me. We have a chance and it is going to work. It will." He says confidently. "This negative nelly attitude won't help so buck up pretty girl. We have to be Meredith and Derek level positive."

Bonnie scowls as she shakes her head free, smiling just a little. "Ugh really? That's gross." She wipes her cheeks with the back of her hands. "I'll try but I'm not going for Shepherd level happy. I'll try for Bailey level."

"Good god, this will never work."

She giggles at his response.

-

"Why are you so cranky?" Derek muses, amused as he watches Mark prod the training dummy.

"I'm fine." He snaps.

"No you're not." Derek sings as he spins on his chair. "Your balls are-"

"You leave my jewels out of this." Mark angrily tuts. "They've gone through enough."

Derek laughs loudly. "Awh, man, you need to get laid... oh wait." He tuts playfully.

Mark sighs deeply and scowls at the dummy. Abstinence. That's the new thing for now. Bonnie and Mark are to refrain from the deed for the process of their IVF cycle; up to 2 months, essentially, if things don't go to plan.

14 days for the ovary stimulation.
Then you have the egg retrieval.
About a week for fertilisation and embryo development.
And then 2 weeks after that for tests and things.

"It'll be worth it dude. I promise." Derek says assuringly.

Mark throws his clamp and scissors, pulling the gloves off. "I'm sick of everyone saying that, especially you. You didn't get this far - you adopted your kid. She came ready made. You didn't have to wait the agonising days, weeks, months for things to happen. To watch the woman you love cry as she aches and feels so out of control. To have to stab her with a needle everyday and watch her wince. Just shut the fuck up." He snaps and storms out.

It's a little later that Bonnie finds him in Joe's with a whiskey. She sighs and kisses his shoulder, leaning her chin on it. "Hey handsome. I hear we had big feelings."

He shrugs once quickly. "Sure. What time is it?"

"Almsot 3." She sits on the stool beside him.

He straightens up. "It's almost time-"

"You can stab me in a little while." She waves him off. "Tell me what's wrong? Remember what doctor Granger said, we have to talk."

Mark sighs and downs the rest of his drink, playing with the glass after. "I just feel out of control." He finally says, glancing over. "You're going through all of this shit and I can't do anything about it. I'd swap places in a heartbeat-"

"Shh I know." She gently kisses his cheek and hugs his arm as she sees him getting worked up. "I know you would but I wouldn't let you - I'm too good at this, you'd never match up. These eggs are going to be the best they've ever seen." She jokes. "This is my job. Yours is to stab me and then cuddle me while feeding me cake."

Mark sighs and gives a small smile. "I love you, do you know that?" He kisses her gently.

She smiles. "I had a feeling." She shrugs. "Come on. I have a surprise for you but its not in here."

He wraps his arm around her as he follows her out. They head back towards the hospital and to the car; Bonnie's SUV is big enough for them to sit in, so that's where they set up.  She pulls her top up some, flinches at the alcohol wipe as always and gasps at the prick of the needle. Mark, as always, is quick and efficient, soon throwing the used syringe in the waste bin.

He rubs the bruised site on her tummy gently. "One more day. Then we do the trigger shot." He kisses her cheek.

She hums, eyes closed. "Yay." She says sarcastically.

"Are we gatecrashing?"

Mark and Bonnie look over as Callie, Sofia and Arizona approach. Mark smiles wide. "Hi princess." He gasps as he takes Sofia, holding her close. She shrieks and grabs his shirt. "Is this my surprise?" He eyes the overnight bag.

Callie hands it to Bonnie. "You got her the entire weekend." She smiles. "I'll come by Monday morning and get her before you head to your appointment." She smiles.

"The whole weekend? You're sure? No interruptions?" Marks eyes are wide with joy.

"Ummm..." Arizona smirks. "A few interruptions maybe. We can't handle so long without her."

"I'll send pictures." Bonnie promises. She reaches up and plays with Sofia's hand. "But I think we'll be too busy for interruptions."

"What do you have planned?" Callie asks as she leans on the trunk with Bonnie.

"Swimming tomorrow morning. Matching pj's for this evening. Maybe a little photoshoot in the kitchen sink." Bonnie smiles.

"Why can't we come?" Arizona whines.

Callie laughs. "Baby, we get a weekend free. No responsibility. No cares. Let's run before they change their minds." She grabs her hand as she walks over. "We can go celebrate."

"How long until the wedding?" Bonnie smiles. Is that's what's next for them? That thought sends her stomach rolling and her heart racing. She's never imagined being anyone but Bonnie Teller, especially after Dacre passed.

"145 days." Arizona grins as she kisses Callies hand.

"What if I show up in a rainbow su-"

"No." Callie and Arizona both glare at Mark who smirks.

"He isn't wearing anything unless I've approved it, don't you worry." Bonnie smiles and jumps up closing the trunk. "You ready little lady?" She coos to Sofia, taking her gently. As she straps her in, Mark hugs her moms.

"Enjoy your weekend okay?" Callie whispers as she holds tightly to him. "Forget everything for now. You've got this."

Mark hums appreciatively. "Love you."

"Love you too." She kisses his cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

727K 16.7K 71
he was all she ever dreamed of, and more. DISCONTINUED. GOING TO BE REWRITTEN. greys anatomy | mark sloan × fem!oc @sunflower_vol19
27.9K 840 27
❝𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 ❞ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛...
1.2M 32.8K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...
46.2K 1.2K 41
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚�...