W.D.Y.W.F.M?

By babygirlhyungsuk

Who would have known that walking into a alley was the moment his life would start to go wrong. Wrong place... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 5

349 16 2
By babygirlhyungsuk

Daniel was in biochemistry class drifting in his own imagination. He had his pencil on his top lip as he pouted and had his eyes squinting, he probably looked like a weirdo. He was thinking about his outfit and whether or not it was good for the festival. He'd just ask Jay later for some help.

He sighed and closed his computer, he'd deal with his insecurities later. The festival has been a hot topic all over the school. It was in 10 days and he even heard some rich looking people saying they were going. There was even more he had to worry about like the minister's disappearance.

He packed his stuff as he heard the teacher telling them they had homework and he tried not to roll his eyes. Even though the teacher couldn't see him he still had the habit to do so.

He had enough homework for business, he had a whole essay due……..for a business class...

Business is business! When has it ever been about writing essays!?

He finished packing but then he heard some guy yelling. It was a student who was being rowdy, he saw the teacher arguing with him. There was a blonde haired girl who was trying to make him stop. Daniel could tell the teacher wasn't having it and sent them to the office.

What kind of idiot argues with Yonsei's teachers...?

When they turned Daniel saw a glimpse of their faces. It was the guy who beat up the other guy and the girl. How did he not realize they went to his class?

Am I that blind, I have glasses for god's sake..

He saw them leave and frowned, he remembered the guy who got beat up. Daniel had his notebook in his bag, he would have to go looking for him to give it back. He put his bag on his shoulder and started walking down the short steps of the room. He walked and opened the door quickly and walked out. He needed to go on an investigation!

He walked up the stairs and through the hallway and finally opened his dorm room. He took his shoes off and entered the room and was met with Zach in the kitchen which was surprising but his glare was not.

"Hurry up, we're having a study group so get your ass to the library."

"A study group…?"

He stood there trying to decide whether he should tell them he can't go or just go. He groaned and just decided he would go, he didn't want to say no.

"Okay let's go…"

He sighed internally and put his shoes back on. He heard Zach grumbling complaints of why him and Mira can't just study alone. Daniel just smiled at his friend's antics, even though he always complained about them, Daniel knew he cared. Daniel followed the taller and walked to the stairs, and through another hallway to get to the library. They opened the clear door and went inside, Daniel saw everyone near the corner of the room and waved.

He even saw new faces, it was Zoe, Mira, Vasco, Jace, Jiho, and Jay. He smiled even harder when he saw Jay, he needed to talk about his outfit with him. Zach grimaced as he saw the table, he thought it would just be their small group, when the hell did all these newbies join.

Daniel smiled at Vasco as he saw next to him but he just quickly turned to Jace which made him frown. Zach was glaring at Zoe in anger as he had to sit in front of Mira, not next to her like he usually did, because of her. Zoe just smiled as she greeted Daniel and pretended to not see Zach's death stare.

"Why are these guys here? And who's the blonde?" Zach glared at everyone, he didn't like this big group. He just wanted him and Mira!

"Oh I invited Jace and Vasco to study since we have philosophy and Jay is just one of Daniel's friends. Plus we could use this time to be friends." Mira smiled at Zach and he just pouted as he blushed.

"Hmph….fine"

Daniel chuckled and turned to Jay. "Jay, I need some tips for my outfit for the festival."

"......."

"Huh? You already have one picked out."

Jay nodded.

"Oh really! Can I see it?"

Jay just opened his phone and showed him the outfit. Daniel gasped as he saw it, it looked amazing. Jay would definitely be the most famous fashionista in the world.

"Wait, how much did it cost? I don't want to be spending your money Jay...."

Jay shook his head, "........."

"You were going to throw it away either way….Okay I guess I'll accept it. Thank you Jay."

After that they all began studying and doing their homework. Daniel and Jiho both had biochemistry so they were both working on that while Jay asked Daniel for his opinion for his fashion class. This went on for 30 minutes when he realized that he should check the time on g his phone.

He pulled out his phone and realized it was time for work.

"Oh shit," he whispered as he packed his stuff. "Guys I gotta go. I'll see y'all tomorrow."

"Bye Danny"

He waved at everyone and started walking to the convenience store. He'd bring his stuff with him to finish his homework at work. He quickly took his indoor shoes off and put his sneakers on and left the building.

He decided to walk today since he might run into the guy he saw last time. It was only a 10 minute walk and he quickly went inside to meet his manager.

"Hello Daniel"

"Hello Mr. Lee"

He smiled as he put his stuff down and took the green apron and tied it to himself.

"Alright, remember your chores."

"Yes Sir," he smiled and saluted him like a soldier.

Mr. Lee laughed at his antics and left the store quickly.

Daniel went to the counter and waited for customers. He then realized that he should call his mom. He took out his phone and called her.

'Hello...'

"Hey mom, how have you been? I just wanted to check on you."

'Aww my sweet baby. Don't worry moms doing alright. How are your studies going?'

"It's good, just a little stressful but nothing I can't handle."

He hears the door ring and sees Crystal walk in.

'Honey, remember to take breaks. Your duration is important but so is your health.'

"I know mom, don't worry. I have everything handled."

He glanced at Crystal since he noticed she was taking longer than usual but she quickly came to the counter.

"Hold on mom for a sec, I'm working. Bye."

'Bye sweetie.'

Crystal smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Is that your mom?"

He nodded and scanned her items.

"Yes, that will be 10,990 won"

She pulled her card out and scanned it with one tap.

"How have you been Daniel? Last time I saw you was when you asked me to help that student."

"Oh I've been good. School's fine I guess, just have a lot of homework." That reminded him to pull his notebooks out to do his homework.

But then a question popped into Daniel's head.

"I don't want to be nosy but what school do you go to?"

She was quiet for a little before answering, "I'm homeschooled."

Daniel made an O-shape with his mouth as he nodded.

"Well I have to go. Bye Daniel."

"Bye"

After that Daniel started doing his homework. He heard the bell of the door ring and glanced to see who it was. He gasped as he saw a familiar face but the person saw them too. They both stared at each other and he noticed bruise marks on the other guy's face. It wasn't until he started walking out of the store that Daniel went to him.

"Wait!"

The guy stopped and put us head down. Daniel then put something in his face and the guy gasped. He faced him and started thanking him.

"Thank you but where did you find this?"

"You dropped it when you left. I figured I'd just hold it for you."

Daniel smiled but frowned as he saw the bruises on the other man's face.

"Are you okay, you have bruises on your face? Here come sit down, I'll get some things to help with the pain."

Daniel went through the shelves and took some alcohol and bandaids. He quickly walked over to the counter and placed the stuff down. He opened the bag of wipes and put alcohol on it.

"This might sting a little."

He started cleaning the blood and bruises off of him. He hissed but didn't complain.

"By the way, why did that guy hit you? Does he bully you? You know you can just report him."

The other man frowned, "He's my bully. I thought I wouldn't meet him in college but here I am."

Daniel frowned, "I can report him for you. As a matter of fact, let's go when I finish working."

"No! I just….."

Daniel looked at him with worry and stopped his work. He placed the bloody wipes in the trash and opened the bandages. He bit his lip, he knew how the other guy felt.

The hopeless feeling he felt at school each time he was taken inside of the bathroom. He was beaten everyday, burned with cigarettes, spat on, made fun of. He remembered the way they all laughed at him. And the screams he let out when a girl suggested for them to burn him with her curling iron.

"Fine. Then I'll go beat him up for you."

Duke's eyes widened, "No don't do that! I can handle him, I don't mean to be rude but you're no match for him."

Daniel was short and skinny, he was no match for him.

"Then what should I do?"

"Nothing"

Daniel bit his lip and frowned, he knew this very feeling. He finished putting the last patch on his face but another customer came which reminded him he was still working.

"Stay right here"

There were few customers who came but then Jiho came which Daniel then called him over.

"Hey Daniel"

"Hey Jiho"

Daniel then walked back to the guy and smiled lightly at him.

"I never got your name, mines Daniel."

He looked at him, "Duke."

"Who's that?"

Daniel went back to the counter and scanned Jiho's stuff.

"Just someone I met. 4,000 won."

Jiho nodded and paid but then Daniel's manager came, which surprised him. He never came this early.

"Hello Mr. Lee. What are you doing here so early?"

"Just came early, that's all. Anyway you can go. I won't keep you if I don't need you."

"Oh um thank you sir."

Daniel quickly took the green apron off and gave it to him. He then turned to Jiho and Duke.

"Do yall want to hang out and go somewhere?"

"Uhh sure"

Duke nodded and Daniel went to pack his stuff but he also bought some stuff.

"Alright let's go."

They started walking out of the store, "Where are we going to go."

Jiho ate his chips as he looked at Daniel just walking through the streets.

"Uhhh let's go to….the park!"

They turned a corner and Daniel could already hear a dog barking. They got closer and closer until they saw a brown dog barking. It barked even harder as they saw him coming closer.

Jiho and Duke looked confused but saw Daniel taking out some food from his bag.

"I found her a few days ago. She's pregnant but still doesn't eat."

Daniel placed the food and water down but then he noticed the red scarf on her. It was dirty and ruined and Daniel decided to clean it for her. He got close and took the scarf, this made her bite him but not enough to bleed. He put it in the bag since he didn't want to put it in his school one.

"C'mon let's go. The park isn't that far away."

"You're so nice Daniel." Jiho smiled at Daniel and he smiled back.

              ___________________________

After 10 minutes they were sitting on a bench in the shade and Daniel admired the scenery before him. There were a lot of people here, families, friends, pets.

Duke was writing in his notebook which made Daniel curious.

"What are you writing in there?"

Duke looked at him and blushed a little. Daniel cooked his head to the side wondering what's got Duke blushing.

"It's lyrics. For a song"

Daniel raised his eyebrows, "Oh." He never would have expected that.

"Yeah it's stupid."

"No it isn't. What are you creating a song for?"

"Oh um it's for the festival. I don't think I'm going to perform though, I don't have a partner."

Jiho stopped his licking, "Why not just ask one of your classmates?" He continued licking his ice cream as he stared at Duke.

"Well they all already have someone to perform with."

"What about Daniel? We've gone to karaoke and he's an amazing singer."

Daniel looked at Jiho as he lightly glared at him. It was true though, people always said he sang well.

Duke glanced at Daniel with slightly wide eyes, "Really you can sing?"

"Well that's what other people have said."

"Well first try to sing these lyrics. I know you probably don't know the beat but just try."

Daniel took the notebook and read through it. He blushed a little as he glanced around him. There were few people near him and he cleared his throat.

He then started singing the lyrics, he sang on a random beat that made sense for the lyrics. Jiho stopped eating his ice cream and dice eyes widened. Daniel finished with a cough as he saw how they both were staring at him.

"Daniel, that was amazing!"

Duke just stared at him before he hit his lip. "Daniel, could you be my partner for the show? You don't have to."

Daniel bit his lip, he didn't really handle the stage well but he couldn't say no.

"Sure I'd be happy to."

I can do this. It's probably going to be for 3 minutes max.....hopefully...

Duke beamed at him, "Then we should start getting ready right now. The festival is just 9 days away and you just learnt only a small part."

"Ohhh I can't wait to see you guys on stage." Jiho smiled at them as he finished his ice cream.

"We should practice at my house. It'll be easier there since I have the setup there."

Oh God, the things I do to myself.....

            _____________________________

It's been a few days and 4 days are left until the festival. Daniel is laying on the floor of Duke's house. He's perfecting his singing and listening to duke's comments. He told Daniel to add some stuff like 'yeah' at the beginning.

Duke was fixing up the song and also perfecting his lines. Jiho also joined them, he's either doing his school work or on his phone.

"Duke should I add a 'yeah' at this part or keep it the same."

Duke thought for a little, "Yeah you can add it."

Daniel nodded as he wrote that down. He noticed it was late and decided to go home for the day.

"Guys I'm going home. See y'all later."

"Bye Daniel dont forget to plan your outfit. Make it look like something like hip hop."

           _____________________________

"How's your practice going Danny?"

"It's great. Are y'all in any events for the festival?"

"That's exactly what I wanted to tell you about Daniel." Zach smirked mischievously as he stared at Daniel, he leaned into the shorter man making him nervous.

"Join the auction."

"Huh?"

Zach just snickered at him but then Zoe stomped on his f him making him howl in pain.

"Zach why don't you be in it. You're the one who convinced the dean to do it."

"I'm loyal to Mira and her only. So what do you say Daniel?"

"Wait auction for what?"

"Don't you remember our school ritual we told you about?"

Daniek thought back a little before he realized what Zach was talking about.

"Ohh that. Well I don't know."

Daniel really didn't want to do it. Going up in front of people was already hard for him but going up twice.

"Yes please do it. It's going to be for charity and I don't want Mira to get mad at me if someone but me. Even Vasco is doing it."

"Don't worry Danny I started streaming a week ago and I've already made a lot of money. I'll buy you and we don't have to go on a date either way."

Daniel just sighed, "Alright I'll do it...."

Zach cheered, "but you're going to have to buy me whatever I want for 5 months."

Zach glared at him, "Tch whatever just do it."

He smiled knowing he'd be able to eat as much honey butter chips as he wanted now.

                __________________________

It was the day of the festival and Daniel was really nervous. He was wearing the outfit Jay gave him and stood near a fold stand as he admired the violin player tune. It sounded beautiful but even with that people didn't even take the time to admire it.

Rich people....

He saw a lot of people he usually saw on TV which made him sometimes gasp. He couldn't believe what powerful people Yonsei held. Usually the richest of the rich went to Seoul National University. Some people, including him, clapped as the girl finished playing.

He turned and saw Zach fighting with an older man. He gasped as he realized that was the Chief of Korea's police. He saw the Man smiling as Zach doors all of his hits, he could see him struggling which made him laugh.

He laughed and saw farther away there was Vasco. He was holding a hand wrestling match with Jace. He was up against a young man who was built very big. Even though Vasco won, making Daniel admire him even more.

I wonder where Duke is.....? I haven't seen him all day.

Daniel decided he would get some food before he went up for the auction. The music show was still in an hour. He got in line for the stand and waited. He heard some older men speaking about the lively young people here.

"Ah Dongeun, did you go see the kid who is hand wrestling to fund the charity?"

"No but there's this kid boxing to fund."

They both laughed and said that they like the kids this year. Daniel smiled as he felt a little proud of his friends. It was his turn to order and he got kimchi with some other stuff.

He waited for a minute before he finally got his stuff.

"Thank you"

He went to sit on a bench and started eating quickly since the auction would be starting soon. He stuffed his mouth with the rice cake and some kimchi, he savored the taste and smiled.

He looked around and then noticed a girl with a horrible haircut making him raise his brow. He saw that it was a hair salon, probably for the beauty class or something.

He saw the boy who was consoling the girl with the bad haircut. He had bubblegum hair and Daniel blushed as he saw that the man was attractive. He felt bad for the girl but just looked the other way.

He was eating his food and suddenly he felt a hand on his neck making him jump. He heard a familiar laugh and he turned around to glare.

"HA! You should have seen the look on your face!" The taller man was laughing maniacally making others look at them. Daniel blushed at the attention as he sucker punched Zach in the belly.

"Argh! You little- you're lucky were out in the open. And you should be grateful I came to call. Look the auction already started."

"What!?"

Daniel looked up and saw a girl on stage smiling and people were calling out to bid.

How didn't I hear the mic?!

"I haven't heard a thank you coming out of your mouth. ."

"Move! And watch my food!"

Zach called out to him as Daniel started walking fast. He pushed past people as he said his sorrys to them. It was good he was the last person to go upstage. It only took 5 minutes for him to get backstage and he sighed. There were still more people left so he just started scrolling on his phone. To be honest he was just scrolling and fidgeting.

Shit why did I agree with this...?

Daniel was nervous, his anxiety was getting to him. He shifted his feet and tried to calm his anxiety down. He noticed his turn was getting closer and closer but he just breathed in and out.

"Are you alright?"

He turned around to see who said that in curiosity.

"Me?"

He saw that it was the boy with the bubblegum hair, AKA the worst hairstylist.

"Yes. You look very nervous."

Oh god. He was nervous. He just smiled at him. "Well it's my first time going on stage in front of all these people.

"Don't worry.....I don't think I'll be much help in not making you nervous but i just fake it till I make it. It's not like anyone will notice."

"Thanks...."

Daniel laughed lightly and cringed at himself. He just breathed in and out as the other man went on stage realizing he's up next. He breathed in and out and put a fake smile on. He heard the commotion outside and just ignored how many people there were.

"Alright Eli is sold for 1 million won."

1 million won! Jesus, how rich are these people here?!

He then heard his name being called and started walking on stage. His heart was beating fast but he continued putting on his mastered neutral face.

Thank you Logan…..

He internally thanked his bully who made him shove his feelings down whenever a teacher came by. When he got to the end of the stage he smiled.

"900,000 won"

He heard a girl scream which made him woden his eyes a little.

"1 million won!"

"2 million won!"

He heard a familiar voice and saw Zoe. She was holding her thumbs up and he smiled at him.

"HA! 3 million won!"

There was another girl he didn't recognize and he looked at Zoe and smiled apologetically at him. He realized she couldn't bid anymore money.

"5 million won"

He heard the other voice and saw Crystal. Hae was surprised she was here and she saw her with that man he saw at the store. He blushed and smiled at her, he wanted to get off stage now. This was a little embarrassing and his heart was still pounding harshly.

"Tch 6 million won"

"8 million won"

Daniel blushed a little as he realized he could pay for months of grocery food with that money. Why would they spend it on him?

"9 million won"

"20 million won"

This made people gasp out. Daniel looked at Crystal like she was crazy. People were cheering and he could barely hear anything. He saw the other girl who bid was throwing a tantrum.

"Wow.....that's the highest bid we've had. Congratulations to all winners. Remember no dates at night. Everyone please meet with your bidder in the parking lot. Thank you!"

The speaker bowed and Daniel quickly got off stage as he did not want to be awkwardly standing there. He walked to the parking lot, wanting to ask Crystal what was wrong with her. He pushed past people and grunted as he was pushed by some tall people. He got closer to the parking lot and saw Crystal.

"Crystal!"

She turned around and he smiled at her.

"Hey. Just so you know you don't have to go on that date with me. I don't care since it's for charity either way."

Daniel paused as he glanced at the tall man who was beside Crystal. He didn't want to get beaten up by him. All Daniel knew about him was that he looked like a gangster, noting his tattoos. He moved a little further from the man, not wanting to anger the other man.

"Umm.. .thanks"

Crystal just nodded and went to her car but Daniel furrowed his brows and frowned.

"Crystal wait-"

He went to tap her to get her attention but then his hand was grabbed by the taller man which surprised Daniel. The man gripped his hand harshly which hurt.

"Let go of me!"

Daniel took his arm out of the harsh grip and he glared at the taller man. Gun's eyes furrowed as he clicked his tongue.

"This little…"

He noticed the man, Gun, was going to kick him and he quickly lifted his arms to block him. But the man smirked and Daniel got hit. The hit made Daniel fall to the ground as he spit out saliva.

"Mmm..   you reacted quickly, you have a good eye. You've got some potential....."

Daniel gasped as he held his neck, it fucking hurt. It was a Brazilian kick, he's seen it multiple times in matches but he's never fought so he's inexperienced.

"Gun what the hell is wrong with you?! Leave him alone, we're leaving!"

"Sorry but boss's orders. He said not to let anyone touch you."

"Hey…."

The new voice made everyone turn and Daniel saw Vasco.

"What's wrong with you? Hitting people for no reason….."

Vasco put on a stance that Daniel's never seen before. Crystal looked between them not knowing what to do but Gun just smirked.

"What is he, your friend?"

Gun cooked his head to the side and smirked widely.

"Yeah he's my friend," Vasco looked at him and looked back at Gun. "You mess with him, you mess with me."

"Well don't mind if I do."

With that Gun punched Vasco but he didn't have time to react to the punch. Gun pulled his fist away and blood dripped from Vasco's nose.

"Wait, do you want me to tell him how you've been acting? He'll be reluctant to forgive you for that mess up you and Goo did!"

Gun looked like he was thinking before he sighed and put his hands in his pockets.

'Well I've lost my will to fight. So long Daniel Park," Gun entered the car whispering, "Or not."

Crystal looked at Daniel apologetically, "Sorry for letting him hit you."

With that she entered the car and they both left. Vasco fell to the ground making Daniel run quickly to him.

"Are you alright?."

Vasco shook his head, "If we actually fought I would have lost."

"It's good that you didn't. What if you got caught? The school would never forgive that."

"Here.."

Vasco handed him a chocolate milk making Daniel confused but he still took it.

"Don't worry I found it in the street."

"Oh…."

Daniel glanced at Vasco and saw how upset he looked.

"By the way Vasco thank you for helping me." He smiled at him and Vasco just stared at him but looked away pouting.

Daniel looked at the milk but drank the juice and heard a big scream of the crowd and turned to see what was happening. He spit out some milk, the music show was already happening.

"Holy shit," he wiped the milk on his face and got up from the floor. "I have to go. Thanks for the milk Vasco."

He quickly ran to the back stage. He bumped into some people but he kept running. When he got there he saw Duke and when he looked at him he sighed in relief.

"I thought you weren't coming."

Duke looked nervous and so was Daniel.

"I would never ditch you Duke. A promise is a promise."

"Thanks…"

Daniel saw that Duke was shoved and saw it was that dude.

He glared at him, "Hey! What's wrong with you?"

"What? Got something to say?"

He saw that the guy had two other people with him who were laughing at both of them. Duke then just shook his head at him making him confused.

"Oh so you're quiet now huh."

The boys laughed harder but he didn't say anything to just respect Duke's wishes. They both moved away from them as Daniel rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry about them Daniel. We'll crush them on stage."

Daniel's heart started beating fast as he realized he had to go on stage but it wasn't as bad as the time for the auction.

"Hehe, I'm a little nervous....what if I mess up....?"

"I don't think you'll mess up, you did great during practice. Why don't you think of a person you love as you sing. That's what I do."

Daniel looked at Duke and smiled at him. "I'll definitely do that."

With that they both heard their names called and Daniel breathed deeply as they both walked on stage. There were a lot of people and since it was already night time there were colored lights on making it look pretty. Daniel heard the music start and he sang.

"YeAh……"

His voice cracked which made him freeze in place. His face flushed with embarrassment and he looked at the crowd who went silent.

But then he heard Duke start rapping which made him look at him. He saw Duke smiling at him as he sang. This made Daniel think back to Duke's words.

I'll think of……mom!

He sang as he thought of all the moments je had with his mom. He saw the flashes of phones and heard the crowd cheering loudly, he then saw his friends. They were all smiling at them and were cheering. He saw Vasco crying which made laugh a little.

Duke and him looked at each other, smiling. This feeling was so euphoric, if past Daniel was told he would be on stage and people loved him, he would have scoffed.

They both finished and the crowd was in awe. They all screamed and cheered loudly which made Daniel feel proud. Both of them left the stage and they saw the previous boys who had their mouths dropped. Daniel smirked at them and left with Duke to go to their friends.

"Oh my god, you two were amazing!" Jiho ran up to them and started sputtering out words of excitement.

"Danny, you were amazing! You too Duke!"

Vasco came up to them crying and hugged them both pulling them to a bear hug. Daniel giggled and hugged Vasco back before he put them down. They all quieted down and some people gasped as they looked behind Daniel. This made him turn around and he saw two men coming up to them. One looked like an older man who had designer clothes and a scar on his face and the other just had black pants and a white button up shirt.

"Hey, I remember you from auditions."

Duke looked at him, "Yes....that's me."

"Anyway I want to give you my card. Give me a call so you can make some real money. You have talent."

Duke thought the man was talking to him so he held his hand out to get the card but the man grabbed Daniel's hand and placed it in his. This made Daniel confused and Duke put his head down.

"What about Duke?"

"Huh?"

"Him. He's the one who made the music."

Daniel pointed at Duke, making the old man glance at him. He frowned as he looked at Duke and turned to Daniel.

"He's not fit to work with us. Only thing he'll get is ridiculed."

Daniel looked at the other man in shock but then in anger. How could he say that?

"Then I don't want it. Thanks for the consideration sir."

Both men looked at him in shock, he just glared at them.

Rude bitches...

With that he left them both and he went back to his group who left when they came.

"How'd it go?"

Zoe came up to him with a beaming smile and just shook his head, frowning. This made her know he didn't want to talk about it and she nodded.

Daniel looked for Duke and saw that he couldn't find him. He tried to look for him but he was pulled in by his group who were rushing in to congratulate him or ask what that guy wanted.

"Are you going to work for that dude?"

"Hmph, no"

"Daniel! Congrats dude," Jace smiled at him as Vasco came in to hug Daniel a second time, making him gasp for air.

"Thank god," Zach whispered. Now he didn't have to come up with a whole plan to become an idol or something to impress Mira.

For the rest of the night all of them had fun. It was the funnest Daniel's ever had. He remembered when he was always at home or trying to skip school. He always watched from the sidelines and longed to be like other kids. Now he had that and he was happy.

              ________________________

James stared at his phone and smiled wider. The music show in Yonsei took South Korea by storm, especially Daniel Park's. He heard that angelic voice singing and he put his palm on his cheek. He wanted to hear that voice in his daily life. He saw how happy he looked in the video as he sang. James got an idea but he shook his head.

Or maybe I should....?

James pressed the share button and sent the video to Crystal. He chuckled as he dialed a number in his phone. He didn't know if he would regret this in the future but he didn't really care at the moment.

"Sir?"

"I have a person you can recruit."

             __________________________

"Jay no, I really can't be making you waste your only life this."

"......."

"You'll throw the clothes away if I don't want them?" Jay nodded which made Daniel sigh. "Fine, I'll take them."

Jay smiled as he was able to make Daniel take his gift. Everyone was in the library studying, well not really.

"No Vasco Aristotle obviously meant that the universe was created by a higher being."

"No it doesn't. I hate this class. What he's saying is just gibberish words!"

"Mira feed me more!"

Mira rolled her eyes as she brought the rice cake to Zach's face making him smile. Zoe grimaced and moved her computer to cover the couple. Duke was writing in his notebook, trying to come up with new lyrics while Jiho was eating his ice cream, trying not to get the table dirty.

Daniel smiled as he saw everyone enjoying their company. He checked the time on his phone and confirmed it was time to go to work.

"Bye everyone I have to go to work. See y'all later."

With that he packed his stuff and left with the wave of his hand. He walked through the hallways and went outside. There weren't a lot of kids outside today but he just shrugged as he walked past the water fountain. Ahead he saw a black car but he just ignored it and walked past it. But then he heard that his name was called.

"Are you Daniel Park?"

Daniel looked at the slightly taller man up and down. He was in regular clothes but Daniel was confused on why he called him.

"Yes, do you need something?" He walked closer to the man, curiously.

"Well I'm from PTJ and I just came by to recruit you."

Daniel paused for a moment and looked at him blankly.

PTJ! As in where pop idol DG and beauty guru Aru are at?!

"What do you say, wanna become an idol trainee." The man flashed a smile like one of those salesmen.

"Umm well I already have a job so…"

This made the man look shocked like Daniel turned down a billion won or something.

"Ah we-well the company takes cares of the idols needs like-"

"What about my school? I need my education."

"Well the company has an online program and you can come to school once a week too."

"I heard you have to pay for that."

"Well not if you debut. There's free food, and there's also places to sleep in."

Food……?

"Ah well I'll……think about it."

The man gave him a confused look and nodded but then Daniel had an idea.

"Can I bring a friend?"

The man thought for a little before looking at him. "Will you go?"

"Yes!"

"Alright then…….make sure you have something for the audition."

After that the man left and Daniel then realized he had to tell Mr. Lee he was quitting.

'Oh god……'

          ______________________________

Duke and Daniel were standing in front of a big building, PTJ's building. Duke was in awe, when he heard from big Daniel that if he wanted to come with him to be an idol trainee here he couldn't believe it. He's been practicing for the audition all week.

Daniel was regretting even agreeing to come here but Duke's face was worth it.

"C'mon Duke let's start going inside."

Duke nodded and they both walked inside of the building. Daniel looked around and it just looked like every other building but Duke was staring at everything in awe. Then a woman came up to them, she smiled at Daniel but looked at Duke oddly which made Daniel annoyed.

"What are you here for?"

"Oh we're here for the auditions for the idol trainees."

"Ah, that's on the third floor. There's going to be someone there to escort you to the auctions."

Daniel nodded and both him and Duke started walking.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"He's with me. He's also auditioning."

The lady looked at them oddly with a confused face. Daniel then continued walking and nudged Duke to follow him. They walked up to the elevator and pressed the button to wait. He saw many people in their work clothes come and go, they glanced at them but Daniel paid no mind. The elevator opened and some people got out and both him and Duke got inside. It was a quick ride and the door opened with a ding and they both stepped out.

"There you are Daniel Park."

Daniel looked up to the woman's face, he didn't recognize her.

"Come follow me, the auditions are in this room." She opened the door to let them in and they both stepped in. The first thing Daniel noticed was the man from before and two other people, a man and a woman.

"That's the friend you were talking about." The man looked at Duke, frowning. Daniel nodded and smiled while Duke felt a little uncomfortable here.

"Alright then let's have your friend go up first…."

Duke rapped, which was amazing, he danced and then acted. Daniel was amazed by Duke's hard work, he didn't notice the looks on the manager's faces.

"I think you did amazing Duke." Daniel whispered to Duke while the other people talked.

"I don't know……"

"You. You're up."

This made Daniel realize that he didn't prepare nothing. "Umm I didn't bring anything." That made them all look up from their boards which made Daniel a little embarrassed.

Oh god………

"Here. Just sing this song."

It was a song he knew which made him a little relieved. They set him up and he started the audition.

           ____________________________

"Daniel Park was amazing. He definitely needs to debut."

"Yeah he was something, well what do you think DG."

DG was just sitting there expressionless, the others went back to talking since they already knew the answer. DG smirked and got up from his chair, he had to be somewhere.

              __________________________

Daniel and Duke were walking out of the building when there was a sudden flash of lights which made Daniel cover his face.

"Huh, who's this? An idol trainee?"

"Donde esta DG?"

Daniel heads multiple languages as the people start questioning where DG was. He just pushed past them but then he heard the flashes of light start again and people shouting. He turned around to see who it was and he saw DG.

Why's he glaring at me?

Daniel just turned back around and continued walking with Duke.

             ____________________________

It was late at night and Daniel had his face on his computer. If you think he's forgotten about the minister you're wrong!

Ugh all the info is the same shit……

Danirl just closed the computer and flopped to his bed. He was just about to fall asleep but then he heard his phone ringing. He was jerked awake by the noise and grabbed his phone, he didn't have the contact saved but he answered.

"Is this Daniel Park?"

"Yes, it's me."

"Well you passed the audition so you can come Wednesday."

"What about Duke?"

"You're friend? He didn't pass but he should be grateful that he had this learning opportunity…"

"Then I'm not going."

"What?!"

"........"

"Alright…….if your friend comes you'll cone."

"Yeah"

"Then we'll see you there."

Daniel was a little annoyed, he wasn't stupid as to why they didn't want Duke.

           ______________________________

"Hey put your arm higher!"

Daniel did as he was told and put his hand higher. He could hear the giggles of the girl's and the boys laughs. Logan spit out saliva and grabbed his hand and put out the cigarette. The burn hurt but Daniel bit his lip to not cry out.

"God Logan, you're bothering piggy again." It was one of his bullies' girlfriends who said that.

"Like as if you care," Logan threw the cigarette to the ground and kicked him. He fell with a grunts to the ground.

"Of course I do care, I'm a humanitarian person."

Danirl knew what she was saying was bullshit. She's the one who came up with the idea to burn him with her curling iron. He kept his head down, not wanting to make Logan angry.

"Yeah right. Hmm, let's go to the gym."

At those words Daniel knew what they meant and their eyes became wrinkled with how much they were smiling. One of the guys grabbed him but he tried getting out of their grip.

"Get down you stupid pig."

They dragged him to the gym, no one heard his cries and just ignored his misery. Nobody was there to help him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 7.6K 23
Lauren's parents were murdered when she was just fifteen years old. At school she is the badass who stays by herself, till one day of her senior year...
6.4K 266 12
Emma can't wait to get to college and leave all of her bitter high school memories behind. Especially the one who broke her heart and made the rest o...
132K 1.4K 7
"She is more precious than rubies, and all the things you desire cannot compare to her" ___________ After losing her beloved, [Name] goes to Korea to...
127K 3.1K 25
UNFINISHED ______ Y/N was released from the asylum 1 year ago, she was there since she was 13, she's now 20. It was hard at first to live in an ordin...