Chapter 9

Daniel was in his room staring at his computer with a blank look. Despite his head thinking back to DG and his outburst he was able to write a few paragraphs. He thought back to the way DG looked at him, the desperation in his voice and eyes.

Was he actually going to do all of that for me? No…….

He shook his head and slapped it for good measure. He was sitting at his desk and his butt was already hurting from how long he was sitting. He was beginning to get eyebags since he wasn't sleeping. Everyone was starting to get worried for him since last week. He was getting a little depressed and unmotivated.

"Daniel….?"

He turned to the door and closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again. He just wanted to ignore him and go back to overthinking.

"Coming!" he yelled as he flopped out of his bed ungracefully. In a few steps he was unlocking his door. "What?"

Zack was looking at him with a concerned face which was starting to make him nervous.

"There's…..cops looking for you…."

Daniel's heart dropped and Zack's face scrunched up with even more worry from his friend's reaction.

"Dude are you okay…? Did you….do something?"

Daniel didn't respond but he went to go peek at the cops and saw them.

Oh fuck……fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck…..

He repeated those words over and over as he went back to his room.

"Are you going to jail or something…? What did you do..?"

"Shut up" he whisper-yelled at Zack. "It's fine-I'm fine just-"

He fidgeted with his hands and looked at Zack.

"Do I have to go talk with them?"

Zack looked at him like he was stupid, "Of course you do. They came for you."

Shit…

"Son, what's taking so long?"

He heard one of the cops yell from the doorway.

Remember…..just remember. Don't look so fucking nervous- fuck!

How could he not be nervous? What he says could depend on whether his mom lived or not. Maybe he should've accepted DG's suggestion.

"Dude, are you going to be okay?! You're not going to jail are you?!" he whisper- yelled at him but Daniel ignored him and just walked to the doorway with Zack following him. There were two officers at the doorway, a man and a woman.