Chapter 11

He blinked a few times, adjusting to the bright light from the windows.

He heard a gasp, "Daniel!? Daniel?! Doctor!"

Where am I..?

His mom was near the door calling for the doctor who came rushing in with a nurse. 

"Mom…?," he tried to move but he was only met with pain in his back. 

"It's best you don't move," a doctor pushed him back. "I have a few questions for you……what's your name?" 

Daniel took a little to process what was asked, "Uhm…Daniel, Daniel Park…"

"Good…..do you remember what school you go to?"

".....Yonsei University.."

The doctor wrote something in his book, "It seems like your memory is good. You have a broken arm but your back isn't broken, which is good, but it will need a few weeks to heal, along with your left arm." 

He looked to the side and noticed his left hand was wrapped in bandages. He was tired and out of it, not even paying attention to what the doctor was saying. 

"Now Daniel, we have to ask you some questions about your fall."

He looked at the doctor as he remembered what happened.

The fall….Jiho….

"Don't you think it's a little too early….he just woke up…"

"You're right Ms. Park, which is why I'll ask him if he's comfortable to talk…..are you okay to talk about it…..?"

He stared at the doctor for a little before nodding. He remembered everything that happened. Jiho pushed him off and now he was here suffering the consequences. It reminded him of the last time he was here with serious injuries. 

"My friend….Jiho pushed me and the other guy off the building…."

The doctor nodded and called for some police officers to come inside the room. He stayed there for the next few minutes talking to the officer. It was kind of a blur, his head was aching and he felt numb. 

He calmed down more when the police and doctor left the room.

"Daniel….I'm sorry…."

He turned to his mom, she was crying and holding her head in her hands. He didn't say anything, he didn't know what to say.

"I should have been here with you….maybe this wouldn't have happened…."

"....mom…this isn't your fault….it was Jiho's…"

She kept on crying and he felt tears spilling from his eyes.

She grabbed his head and hugged him but he let out a grunt in pain.

"Oh! I'm sorry Daniel…..your back…"

That was his breaking point, all this misfortune he's receiving. He almost died, meaning that he would have left his mom alone and never see her again. Tears spilled from his eyes and he felt his chest and throat tighten.

"Mom… hi c….I'm fine…don't worry about me.. hic.."

"It's okay, I'll always be here for you. My sweet miracle baby…"

He cried in his mom's arms, clutching onto her clothes with his right hand.

"The last time you were here….I thought you were dead….I never wanted to see you like this again but here you are…I'm so sorry.."