Chapter 1

Soulmates were souls who were connected in people's lifetimes, whether they be platonic, romantic, sexual. Your soulmate could be your parents, sibling, lover, bestfriend, or a stranger. Even if they die, they will always wait for you in their next lifetime.

Daniel never really thought much about his soulmate since it was a very slim chance of people finding theirs. He remembered in school how people found out about their soulmates by their names.

When you found out their name it would appear on your wrist. Everyone in the world had a soulmate. He remembered how every girl would want to find their soulmate, they always thought it would be a lover.

It's something Daniel usually saw. He's seen platonic soulmates but not many, not that they are rare, just that there are more lovers.

But enough about soulmates, Daniel was getting ready to leave for college. He stood in his room, looking at the box. His mom was next to him and she was crying.

"My boy is all grown up." She wiped her tears with her sleeve making Daniel smile. He was going to miss this place and his mom but still he had to go to get his education.

"I'm going to be alright mom. I promise I'll call you when I finish setting up my room." Daniel wanted to make his mom not worry so much. She just smiled at him and he picked up the last box and put it inside the car.

"Make sure to call me and visit okay." She gave him one last hug and kissed him in the cheek

"Don't worry I will mom. Bye, I'll miss you."

"Come on Daniel, we have to get you to school." It was his uncle, he was kind enough to help him move his stuff to college. He got in the car and heard the soft murmurs of his uncle and mom.

His uncle got in the car and started driving. The drive wasn't long, just two hours, but he still fell asleep. He awoke only because his uncle shook him awake.

"Come on son, we have to get your stuff up to your dorm." Daniel was grateful that his uncle was helping, which was surprising since they never do but whatever.

As they put his stuff in his dorm Daniel saw other kids with their parents, siblings, friends getting their things together. He was nervous but he knew he would be alright, hopefully he would make new friends. He saw another person putting his stuff in his dorm and he guessed it was his new roommate.

"It's time for me to leave. Do good on your studies and don't forget your family in the future." His uncle put his arms on his shoulder and Daniel forcefully smiled as he knew what his uncle meant by that. His uncle started walking out of the dorm and Daniel started putting his stiff in his room together.

He noticed there was nothing in the fridge and reminded himself to make a trip to the market. He noticed his roommate near the doorway and I could see the scowl he had.

"I wanted Mira to be my roommate." He was muttering something along those lines.

"Hello, I hope we can become friends." Daniel smiles nervously at him but the man just grunts. Daniel frowned at that.