Among The Fallen Stars...{COD}

By NicoAlsoHasATwitter

Soap is a single father who moves to a new city. Not to make more friends, but to forget about his divorce, a... More

Authors note
Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Strange Nicknames
Chapter 3: Saved Numbers
Chapter 4: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 5: Found you
Chapter 6: Discovering Something New
Chapter 7: School's Out
Chapter 9: Thoughts Of The Past
Chapter 10: Apologies
Chapter 11: Bar Conversations
Chapter 12: Tired Soldier
Chapter 13: Hangover
Chapter 14: Dinner and Problems
Chapter 15: The World Through Her Eyes
Chapter 16: Drive Home
Chapter 17: Hookers and Daydreams
Chapter 18: New Voice Message
Chapter 19: Five Minutes
Chapter 20: Sun and Moon
Chapter 21: Overcast With A Chance Of Heavy Showers
Chapter 22: Wrong Idea
Chapter 23: Unknown Purgatory
Chapter 24: Our Last Night
Chapter 25: Last Day On Earth
Epilogue + Authors Note
ANNOUNCEMENT?!

Chapter 8: Mid-day Arguments

1K 21 20
By NicoAlsoHasATwitter

Soap POV

SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK SAY NO, Simon furrows his brow a bit, quickly returning to his stagnant face. "Ok, tell me what's on your mind" he says confidently, FOR FUCKS SAKE. I intertwine my fingers together, "Well it was.. Something" I say nervously. All of sudden my mind goes blank, What the fuck do I ask? "I... Enjoyed it" Simon says, I quickly turn my head to him, shocked. 

"Oh" I say, He.. Liked it, I watch as he furrows his brow again "Not like a bad 'Oh', more of a surprised one, I didn't realized that you liked it" I say. "Did you not?" Simon asks, "No, well yes, but no, it was impulsive of me and I'm sorry" I say. I look over to him, he stays quiet continuing to drive, Ok then. 

"It's just, I'm still trying to shake off my divorce, and I just got this job, which I should say thank you for helping me with" I say. Simon still quiet, "And Maddison.. I'm still dealing with the courts trying to take everything I don't have from me, and yeah I enjoyed it but I'm not really looking for anything like that right now". 

Am I talking too much?  The car turns into my parking garage, Ghost parks the car. Why isn't he saying anything, "Simon?" I say, he keeps his hands on the wheel, not looking in my direction. "Is that what you want?" He asks. "Yeah" I respond, he starts to unbuckle his seatbelt, "Then we can be friends" he says, getting out of the car.

Friends? I hop out, Simon opens the backseat for me to get Maddison, "We're friends now?" I ask. Simon leans on the car crossing his arms, "If we're not let me know so I can change my password" he says. I let out a chuckle, I start to unbuckle Maddison, who's still sleeping in her carseat. "And if we're not friends I could send you an invoice for the other day" Simon says watching me take out Maddison from the car.

"Whoa now-" I say, Simon lets out a soft chuckle, I roll my eyes. I place Maddison in Simon's arms. "Well while I take out the seat you can hold her" I say, he takes her, allowing her to cling onto him, resting her head on his shoulder. I unbuckle the seat, taking it out of the car, I look to Simon, who's lightly swaying, keeping his focus on Maddison.

I smile, You're safe, as long as I'm around, Simon looks up to me. I scoff lightly, "You're pretty good at that" I say. "I'm just following what I've seen you do" Simon says, What I do, I close the backseat, walking over. I place my hand on Maddison's face, caressing her cheek with my thumb, "I.. Trust you" I say.

I look up to Simon, who's already staring at me, "I trust you around her" I say. Simon furrows his brow, "Is this a friend trust or is this-" I scoff at his remark. My phone starts ringing, I check it, Lydia. I let out a loud sigh and answer, "Do you have my fucking daughter? Where are you?" Lydia says.

She doesn't sound happy, "My day is going great thanks for asking, I brought Maddison to my house since you didn't pick up". "Cut the fucking attitude, we're around the corner, don't move" Lydia says. "We're? Who are you.. Andd she hung up" I turn to Simon, "Wanna meet Lydia again?" I ask.

"Telling by how my first impression went, is this going to be any better than that" he asks. Most likely not, maybe worse, or she might of had a change of heart!... No point in lying to myself. A car turns into the garage, I watch them park a few spots down from us. 

Lydia hops out of the passenger seat, looking down at her phone, "This whole co-parent bullshit is taking years out of me, I swear" Lydia says. She looks up, quickly taking notice of us, her expression changes quickly. Here we go, She angrily starts walking over.

"What the fuck is this?" Lydia yells out, I speed over to her, shushing her. "Maddison is trying to sleep" I say, she looks past me to Simon, "You and your fuck buddy playing house with my daughter now?" Lydia says in a quieter tone. Her comment irritates me, "We are friends, and I wasn't going to leave our daughter at school cause you couldn't pick up your phone" I rebut.

Ghost POV

I watch them whisper to each other, well more of failing to whisper, because everything they're saying is being echoed in the parking garage. The woman's more than John's, what was her name? Lydia? I look down to Maddison, That's your mom huh? I look back up, the argument seems to be getting intense.

"So you just let anyone hold her? What the hell is wrong with you?" Lydia says, I look around the garage. Just stay out of their conversation, it doesn't directly involve you, John can handle his own. "Is that why you're yelling? Fine" John says, Just mind your business Ghost.

"Simon" John says, I turn to him, he reaches out his hands for Maddison. I gently hand her sleeping body over, "Thank you, grab the car seat" John orders. I grab the car seat from the ground, "Happy? We're going inside" John says. He walks past Lydia, I follow behind, she stands there unhappy.

What just happened? We walk into the building, John is quiet, it's strange to see him like this. Should I ask? NO, not my place to ask, We walk into his apartment. He immediately walks to Maddison's room, I close the door, putting the car seat next to it. Back here again, I walk into the kitchen, leaning against the fridge.

Ok let's think about this, I don't think asking what happened right now is the best time, so I'll lay off that. I look around, his apartment isn't as clean as it could be, I could just offer to help him, get his mind off of it. I nod to myself, That's what friends do... Do I want to be only friends with you?

John walks out of Maddison's room, softly closing the door behind him, he then walks into the kitchen and starts digging into the cabinets. He hasn't looked my direction for a minute now, he must be upset over what happened with Lydia. No, not your place to assume, I sit up from the fridge and walk over to him.

I place my hand on the counter next to him, leaning on it, "What's going on here?" I ask. John grabs a plate, moving it to the counter on the other side of the kitchen. "Just put Maddison to bed, and now I'm making her a snack"John says coldly, I follow him to the other counter. 

He starts to make what looks like a sandwich, Peanut butter and jelly... Wait. I pick up the glass jar, looking it over, Pineapple preserves. John takes it out of my hands, using it, "Pineapple?" I question, "Maddison is allergic to strawberries" John says, still not looking at me.

Are you upset with me? I watch him as he makes the sandwich, "Do you need me to do anything? I'm willing to help" I say. He makes a face, taking the plate and moving back to the original counter. I furrow my brow, confused on why he's acting this way towards me.

I close the peanut butter and jam, putting them both away, "I could wipe down the counter if you want" I offer. "It's fine, I can do it when I'm done" John says, his tone still cold. John grabs an apple from his fruit bowl, starting to cut it. "I'm good with knifes, if you want I could skin it for you" I offer. 

John scoffs at me, "I've been handling knifes since I was a baby, I think I got this" John says. I cross my arms, looking over to his work, the apple is being butchered in his hands. Chunks of meat being tossed aside, Knife handling could use some work. 

"Ok then, if you want the slices to look like mangled tentacle arms, then have at it, but don't start to complain when they don't turn out how they want" I say. Without turning around John slams the knife on the counter, "I KNOW HOW TO BE A FATHER LYDIA!" John yells out.

I jerk my head back in shock, You are not fine, I watch him. He drops the knife, starting to grip the counter, he's shaking. "Johnny.." I say, I hear him sniffle, "I'm sorry" John says calmly. I uncross my arms, "I-" He quickly interrupts me, "I didn't mean to call you that, I'm just... Going through a lot right now" he explains.

Too far, I walk over and place my hand on John's, he jerks it away. I look to him, he turns his head from me, This isn't your fault. I hear a door open behind us, I turn to see Maddison walking out rubbing her eye. "Daddy?" She says within a yawn, I grab the plate handing it to her. 

"How about you take this to the couch, and we can watch whatever you want , ok?" I say. She takes the plate, looking up at me, her eyes look past me to John, who's still turned away. "Is daddy sad?" Maddison asks, I try to give her a soft smile, "Daddy is just tired" I say. 

She look down sadly, "Ok" She says, turning away, taking the plate into the living room. I turn back to John, his hand is making a fist, I move closer. John is still shaking, I put my hand on his fist, breaking it down, intertwining my fingers with his.  

He leans into me, "I'm sorry" he whispers again, his words sad. I place my free hand on his shoulder, rubbing it with my thumb. "It's fine" I say, "It's not" he says, letting go of my hand walking over to the sink. He starts splashing water on his face, he stands over it for a moment, breathing heavily.

"Johnny" I say, placing his hand on his shoulder, How do I comfort this? John slightly turns his head to me, "Thank you for getting Maddison with me, but I think that it's time for you to go" John says. What? I remove my hand, John leaves the kitchen and joins Maddison in the living room. I walk to the door, exiting silently, That was strange.

Soap POV

I sit down on the floor, next to Maddison, "What do you wanna watch Maddie?" I ask. I grab the remote, looking to her, she's sitting with her knees to her chest, she hasn't touched her snack. I cross my legs, "Maddie what's wrong?" I ask, worried.

She turn to look at me, "Are we never going to see Ghost again?" She asks. "Of course we're gonna see him again" I say with a smile, "Why wouldn't we?" I ask. She looks back down, sinking into herself, "Because when you and mommy argued, you would go away, and now you don't live in the house anymore" Maddison explains.

My smile fades, her being so young, I didn't think that this would be a conversation we'd have. Maybe later down the line, when she's older, more able to understand. Things never work out how you think, Just simplify it, the truth. "Well things between me and mommy aren't like what's happening between me and Sim- Ghost" I say.

"How?" Maddison asks, I pull her into my lap, hugging her. "Well me and mommy, even though we don't live together are still friends, no matter where I am, I'll be there for you every step of the way" I say hugging her. She smiles, and gives a soft chuckle, "Does that mean Daddy and Ghost are Best Friends?" Maddison asks.

I give her a stale smile, God damn it, "We'll see" I say, she gives me a big hug. "Ok ok, eat your snacks" I say handing her the plate, This is good. It feels weird to have a friend after so long, after everything I went through with Lydia, My head starts to hurt thinking about it. 

"Daddy is going to be right back" I stand up, going into the bathroom, my breathing quickly gets heavier. I put my hands on the sink, I feel the urge to cry, I had friends before Lydia, I think. What happened to me?

{THE LAST EPISODE OF SEASON 3 OF YOU IS FUCKING CRAZY, LIKE HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAN. I mean the whole show is crazy, but ohhhh my god, that shit is wild. Starting season 4 now. Enjoy!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 107 21
This is an already completed book updating every Friday! Highest Ranking: #22 Parent _______________________________________ Hunter Dannings was a yo...
4.9K 63 15
Ghost finds out the new sergeant is gay and transgender Also he was 16 when he joined the military and he had to be 18 to join so he lied about his...
45.8K 1.2K 66
A TAD BIT OF SPOILIERS FOR MW3. What happened to Johnny 'Soap' in the game will not happen in this book. He will be very much alive and well. I do n...
6.8K 203 14
The new guy in the 141, Soap, doesn't have a filter when it comes to flirting. Ghost has no idea how to cope with that. He can't afford to lose face...