Irresistible Love

By chanee_whiteside

♡ MAFIA ROMANCE ♡ *BOOK 3 IN "LOVE" SERIES (FINAL) #1 in Mafia (8/4/2023) #1 in brothers best friend (8/4/2... More

♡ Prologue ♡
• Mood Boards •
1 | I Hate Love
2 | The Devil Wears Prada
3 | The Car
4 | Gazing
5 | Don't Start
6 | Cheat Sheet
7 | Forgetting
8 | Double Trouble
9 | Dance The Night Away
10 | Sun-Kissed
11 | Moonlight
12 | A Italian Night
13 | The Secret Garden
14 | The News
15 | Forbidden
16 | A Twisted Secret
17 | Business
18 | Meeting
19 | Forget
20 | Lover
21 | London Boy
22 | Fears and Dreams
23 | Don't Blame Me
24 | Playing With Fire
25 | Burning
26 | Breathe
28 | Nostalgia
29 | Hold Me
30 | Talk to Me
31 | Lunch
32 | Set-Up
33 | The Party
34 | Midnight Rain
35 | Downhill
36 | Liar Liar
37 | Family Tree
38 | Frozen In Time
39 | Fighting With My Family
40 | Job = Done
41 | Trickster
42 | Run, Kid, Run
43 | Pain And Screams
44 | Hidden In The Stars
45 | Flooded
46 | Awoken
47 | My Past
48 | I Am Batman
♡ Epilogue ♡
• Cast Boards •
◇ Ending Note ◇

27 | Dress-Up

1.1K 20 0
By chanee_whiteside

Ellie's POV:

Today was the day that me and Nik were heading to see his family.

Mainly to give his sister her dress, but also to see his mother and father, and when I tell you I am nervous as hell. I mean it.

The thing is, we can't even say that we are together, which honestly sends a bullet straight to my heart

But technically, we still have to act like we are not together.

Knowing Nikolai. His family is probably scary just like him, and maybe even TO proper.

That's what I am guessing.

I met with Anthony and Beverly for lunch a few hours to make sure that they were still alive and that they were fine.

And they were. But I can definitely tell that Beverly was suspicious about how I was going to give the 'dress' to his sisters house WITH Nikolai.

But, my brother thought it was just strict business. So, he didn't have an opinion on it, thank God.

But when it comes to Beverly, I am pretty sure she knows that something is going on between me and Nik.

When it comes to the dress, though, I worked all night to finish it. And I did.

But now I am tired and have serious bags under my eyes that even a gallon of concealer wouldn't be able to fix.

So, I just hope I look alright.

****

We stood at the very front of the door as my eyes studied his home. It was massive. It was filled with sleek black and white. Not a single part of this home was outdated.

Guards surrounded the premises. Protecting each corner of this property. With their lives.

Nik glanced over at me and probably could see the nerves plastered on my face because he gently grabbed my hand in his as he squeezed gently.

"You'll be ok. My family isn't scary."

My head whipped to my right as I looked at him with disbelief.

"I have a hard time believing that when you are like THIS." I said as I looked him up and down.

I immediately let go of my hand from his as I gave him a serious glare. "And you know that we are not suppossed to be together. I am your sisters designer, and you are only bringing me here because of business."

He nodded without saying a word, when all of a sudden the door in front of us burst open, and revealed a middle-aged woman. She was wearing a dark blue dress that went above her knee caps, and that covered her shoulders.

Her tan skin complimented her black hair, and as you looked up and saw her eyes brown eyes, you could see she was the replication of Nik.

She was goregous. And if I hadn't guessed this was his mother, I would have thought she was in her 30s. She looked incredible.

"Nik! Oh my God! It's been so long since I saw you!" She said with a big smile.

He returned it, as she immediately ran over to him and threw her arms around him. Hugging him so tightly.

He returned the hug as he looked over her shoulder and mouthed, 'told you'

Yeah. They were definitely NOTHING like Nikolai. They were homey and comforting. And even though they were a part of the Mafia, they sure didn't act like it.

"It's been so long since we have seen you! How have you been?" His mother said as she reached out and touched his cheek.

Nik grabbed her wrist and gently sat it down as he shook it slightly. "I am fine. Where are dad and Rena?"

"Their in here."

Suddenly, her eyes looked my way as her body lightened up. "And who is this stunning woman you have brought before me?!"

"This is Ellie. She is here to help with Rena's dress for the party."

She gasped out as she placed her palm to heart, sending butterflies into my stomach.

"My god. You are goregous. I am so jealous! I WISH I looked like you."

I waived her off and scoffed. "Please, Mrs. Russo. You are practically glowing. I wish I looked like YOU."

She smiled big and brightly. "You can call me Emma. And I am just so happy to have you here. I think you and Nik look like a great couple already."

We both immediately waived her off and began to say no, as her eyes wondered between the two of us, looking confused.

"No. No. No. We are not together. She is just here to help with enegagment party." Nik said.

I nodded my head.

But I could tell by the cheeky smile Emma gave us that she wasn't buying that story.

God. Are we really not THAT good at hiding anything?

"Whatever you both say. Now, come in, it's hot as hell out here. And Ellie, dear, you must come meet the rest of the family. They will be delighted to meet you!"

I gave her another heartwarming smile, as both me and Nik walked into the house.

And immediately, the house already felt so much different.

There wasn't any truly modern furniture. It felt like home.

It felt cozy, and I absolutely adored it.

"Wow. I love your house.".

Emma chuckled. "Thank you. We love the modern details on the outside, but we wanted to raise our kids on more of a cozy feel." She responded with a warm smile that could light up any room she went in.

I loved this house.

It was big. And it was magnificent at that.

But above it all. It reminded me of my mother's beach house and how much I loved it there.

It reminded me of my childhood, and how my mother used to sing and tell stories to me and my brother all the time, how we would all three play in the water on the beach, and take walks during sunsets, and laugh when I would need advice about boys.

Their was so much nostalgia that it made my heart boom and flutter with joy.

We soon walked through the house as my eyes explored every inch of it.

Soon, we were headed back outside to the patio.

It was covered in furniture, as a pool sat a few feet away from us.

And as I turned to look to my right, I immediately saw a woman with black wavy hair, then went down to her shoulders.

She was wearing a light purple dress that hugged her body, as her brown eyes looked directly at me and Nik.

A man sat next to her as his hair was short and slicked back. The wrinkles on his face were already starting to form.

The woman turned around as she smiled so big and brightly just like Emma did.

"Oh my God! Hey!" She said as she waived her hand at me and Nik.

I stopped in front of a chair as Nik walked over to her and embraced her in a hug.

"It's so nice to see you, Nik. I have missed you."

Nik gave her a quick pat on the back before letting her go as he walked back to his place.

He held out a hand, signaling for her to look at me. "This is Ellie Brown. She is the designer of your dress, that you wanted and she came here with me to  give it to you."

Her soft brown eyes looked at me as he cheeks rednned. "No way! I had no idea you were coming! But I am so happy to meet you, I'm Rena, Nik's sister." She said as she placed a hand to her heart.

I gave her a single nod. "The pleasure is mine. I am so beyond happy to meet you guys. Nikolai has told me a lot about you."

That's when I glanced over to Nik and noticed that he was staring at me.

And not even trying to hide it.

His eyes were fixated on me like he was so focused on a task, and he was determined to get it done. Like he was on a mission, and he wanted to finish it.

I felt blood begin to flow faster through my bloodstream as nerves began to creep up on me.

Fucking amazing.

We really can't act like we aren't in a relationship, can we?

And I think Rena noticed because as soon as we all stopped talking for a few seconds, her eyes glanced between me and Nik, and as soon as I saw a cheeky smile come upon her face. I knew.

We had fucked up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.5K 53
Kirill's past would come back full force and as his new bride, Mia is about to stumble upon his dark world and the immense pull it has on her. Kirill...
817K 12.9K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ •• "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
4.4M 88.8K 52
"Valerio, fuck I- I can't it's t-too much" he grabbed both her wrists locking them in place behind her back while ruthlessly pounding into her from b...
149K 2.4K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 〤In editing process, first book, revamping in progress〤 ❝ 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐿𝒾𝓀...