Reflection

By lexiechans

Book # 3 (Sequel to "Just Look At Me") Senior year at Mackenzie High School is over for Amy Wilkes with all... More

New Story Info
Chapter 1 Engagement Ring
Chapter 2 Sorry
Chapter 3 Forming New Bonds
Chapter 4 Hurt Again
Chapter 5 Fight
Chapter 6 Moving Out
Chapter 7 Sweet Conversation
Chapter 8 Not a Goodbye
Chapter 9 Not Giving Up
Chapter 10 Long Distance Relationship Issues
Chapter 11 Inner Battle
Chapter 12 Curse
Chapter 13 New Encounter
Chapter 14 Just Say Yes
Chapter 15 Helpful Friend
Chapter 16 Belle Of The Ball
Chapter 17 Break Up
Chapter 18 X-effect
Chapter 19 A Touching Gift
Chapter 20 Visiting
Chapter 21 Back Home
Chapter 22 A Non Common Thanksgiving
Chapter 23 Life Surprises
Chapter 24 Heartbreak
Chapter 25 Uncertain
Chapter 26 It's Done
Chapter 27 The Thief
Chapter 28 Saying It Aloud
Chapter 29 A Second Chance
Chapter 30 Abduction
Chapter 31 Puzzled
Chapter 33 Mending Mistakes
Chapter 34 Opportunities
Chapter 35 Targets
Chapter 36 Challenge
Chapter 37 Thrilling Birthday
Chapter 38 Walk Away
Chapter 39 Broken Ties
Chapter 40 Open Your Heart
Chapter 41 Acceptance
Chapter 42 Love Is In The Air
Chapter 43 The Other Son
Chapter 44 Entrepeneur
Chapter 45 Stalker
Chapter 46 Reconnected
Chapter 47 Looking Back
Chapter 48 Perfect Stranger
Chapter 49 The Heart Wants What It Wants
Chapter 50 Family Feud

Chapter 32 Decisions

12 1 4
By lexiechans

"Are you all right? Jeremy asked.

"Yes, I feel better. I'm leaving the hospital tomorrow morning. How about you?" Dana replied while biting a donut she has asked Amy to sneak for her. Amy had left the room when Jeremy's call happened to give them some privacy.

""I'm glad. Be careful, you could still be watched by whoever attacked you."

"I know, I told the police about a black van that seemed to be following me. When I leave this hospital, I'll take self-defense classes, I want to be ready if something happens again."

"That's a good idea."

None of them knew how to continue the conversation due to the awkward silence between them. It was never like this when they dated, yet since they were no longer a couple it was different.

"So, do you have plans for your birthday?" Dana asked. 

"My friends seem to plan something for me, but I have not been that eager to celebrate."

"Why not?"

He felt tempted to tell her the truth, how celebrating without her as his girlfriend, and being away would be a pain, but decided to not say anything since it wouldn't make a difference. She had made his mind on not wanting to be together with him.

"I have been busy with homework and stuff."

"I understand, but you need to relax as well. You can't always be studying. I hope you enjoy what your friends have planned for you."

"Thanks. I gotta go, but it was nice talking to you."

"Same. Bye"

Dana hanged up the call and Amy appeared crossing the door and sat next to her . 

"Are you done talking to Jeremy?"

"Yeah. You should have stayed; Jeremy wouldn't have mind."

"He was wanting to talk with you, not me. It was better that way."

"As you wish. I have thought it would be a good idea that you join me for self-defense, what do you say?"

Before Amy could say something, a guy came inside carrying a get well soon teddy bear and a bouquet of yellow roses, Dana's favorite flowers. Dana's face immediately lighted up when seeing him. 

"Liam, you came!" she said with a huge smile on her face. 

"Sorry for not coming sooner, but I got you this." he said handing her the gifts. "Hello." he said extending his hand to Amy. She shaked it back. This was the guy Dana wouldn't stop talking about. She clearly liked him a lot.

"Amy, Liam. Liam, my BFF Amy." Dana said introducing them.

By judging by her friend's reaction, it was clear to Amy there was more than a friendship between her and Liam, it was a matter of time for them to eventually start dating. They liked each other and it was more than obvious. Amy decided to leave so they could have privacy. She was not in the mood of being a third wheel.

"I have to leave, but it was nice meeting you Liam."

"Same Amy. " he answered politely.

"Am, don't forget what I asked you. Think about it."

"I will. Bye."

She walked outside the hospital thinking in Dana's proposal. It wasn't a bad idea; she never knew when she would be a target for a robbery or a difficult situation. She took her phone to ask for an uber, when from the corner of her eye she saw a black van parked at the other side of the hospital that as soon as she raised her sight it quickly left. It gave her chills, and it made her wonder how Dana's attack was not just a coincidence. Self-defense didn't seem a bad idea at all.

Jeremy finished saving his homework on his laptop, and feeling hungry went to campus cafeteria to look for something to eat. He was looking at the menu when he felt a pair of hands covering his eyes, as soon as he felt the perfume, he knew who it was. 

"Hey Jamie."

"Hey Jeremy. I have barely seen you, is everything ok?"

"Yeah, just busy with stuff."

"Your birthday is coming up, why aren't you thrilled? Micah and I have planned something nice for you."

" I just haven't been in the mood." he knew she was interested in him and as much as he liked her, he wasn't looking for a new relationship and wanted to let her know in a direct but polite way. " You see, I used to celebrate it with my girlfriend, now she's my ex and I just don't feel like having a party or going out."

"Damn, Micah told he had broken up with his girlfriend and was feeling low but didn't tell me it was this serious. Was he in love with her?"

"Sorry to hear that, breakups suck but you shouldn't let that rule your life. You have friends who care about you and want to celebrate with you." she answered pointing to herself.

"Thanks Jamie, I appreciate your friendship." he said hugging her. 

"I got an idea; you should come with me."

"Where?"

"It's a surprise."

She tugged him by his arm until they arrived at her car, a purple Sedan. She drove to a Climbing Gym, and when they entered, he immediately knew what was in her head. Jeremy saw people climbing the walls, with colorful and different shaped boulders on them, and in no way he was doing that.

"I'm not doing this this." he said shaking his head. 

"Why not? Are you afraid of heights?"

"No, but it looks dangerous."

"It's not, everyone uses a harness. It's safe." 

She pointed at the people who were climbing using a harness, and with no doubt they seemed thrilled with the adrenaline in their bodies and enjoying the experience. Some of them missed the boulders but still tried reaching the top.

"Common Price, you have long legs. You'll have no issue reaching the bolders. Let's do this: if you reach the top, I'll do your homework for a week."

"And if I don't?"

"I'll get to give you orders for a week. Deal?"

Jeremy wasn't eager to do it, but his pride won and decided to try it. He let someone help him with the harness and took a long breath before starting to climb. Jamie was ahead and was calling him.

"Don't tell me you have given up already, you can do this."

"You have done this before, clearly you have an edge."

"Think of something you want the most. When you have it, just imagine it's on the top."

Jeremy took a while thinking of something he desired. He couldn't really think of a concrete idea. He wanted to show Jamie he wasn't afraid, and that he was able to do this. He focused on the boulders placed and made on his mind his strategy to reach the top. He moved on carefully and slowly, trying not to fall placing his feet on the correct places. After some minutes he finally reached the top causing Jamie to high five him. 

"You did it, I'm so proud." she said with a smile.

"Thanks Jamie, your confidence in me boosted me."

"You're welcome. I'll do my best for you to fall in love with me. I hope I don't fail."

He gave her a hug, even though he knew her for a short time she was someone special to him. And maybe, with time, he would be able to see her as more than a friend. He didn't discard the idea. After all she was pretty and fun to hang out with.

Paige was entering her dorm after her last class ended. She hadn't spoken with Jesse since their last conversation and was wanting to see him. She wanted to go to the bank to change the check she was given by Stacey and with that money invite him somewhere. Besides her father and her friends, Jesse and Stacey were the people who supported her the most. She grabbed her phone and dialed Jesse's number, hoping they could hang out together. After four rings he answered. 

"Hey Paige."

"Hey, are you free? I was hoping we could go out. I have missed you."

"I would love to, but right now it's not the best moment. Sorry."

He didn't sound as his usual self, cheerful and optimistic. He sounded troubled, making her concerned. 

"Is everything all right? Is there something I can do to help you?"

"No need to worry, I'll call you later. Gotta go."

Paige was worried, what was bothering him? It sounded serious, and she wanted to check on him. She asked for an Uber and went to his place, hoping her intuition was wrong. When she arrived, she knocked the door, and he came out looking surprised to see her.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was concerned when you hanged the phone. Can I come in?"

"Sure." he said opening the door for her to come in.

" You sounded low, is everything all right?"

"I don't want to bother you with my issues. Want something to drink?" he said walking towards the kitchen.

"Water is fine." she answered seating on the couch. "Talk to me, please."

"I don't have enough money to pay my rent and other expenses. I have not gotten too many modelling jobs and I miscalculated my income this month. I asked my parents if they could help and said no." he said giving her a glass of water.

"For real?"

"They are mad at me for not wanting to model full time, I told them it's more of a hobby to me since I want to finish culinary school. They consider I'm being ridiculous."

"That's absurd, a model's career goes down after some years. It's not permanent."

"Exactly, I do enjoy it and it helps me pay my expenses. But it's not something that passionate me. Culinary does."

He was certainly someone determined and passionate in his goals. She wanted to do something for him, and she remembered Stacey's check. It would certainly help for his cause. 

"Here, have this." she said taking it for her purse and handing it to him.

"What's this?" he asked taking it but extended it back to her after reading the amount. "I can't accept this, it's yours."

"Exactly, it's mine and I want you to have the money. We can go to the bank right now..."

"No Paige, this is money from your work. I won't take it."

"Common Jesse, stop being so proud and take it. Move your ego aside and accept it."

"No." he said firmly.

"You should at least take half, I only got payed because you helped me prove I was saying the truth when my sketch was stolen. Unless you want to sell a kidney in the black market, I think this is your best option."

"Are you sure about this? Don't you need it?"

"No, take it. I mean it. Please."

"If it's okay with you, I'll take two thousand. You can keep the rest."

"See, that wasn't so hard. We can go to the bank, and I can treat you somewhere."

"Thanks Paige, I owe you. For real. " he said grabbing her hand.

"No problem. If you want to pay me somehow, I would love to taste your chocolate souffle anytime soon."

"Deal. Let's go get the money and we can decide on the road where to go afterwards."

She got into his car and buckled her seatbelt. He started driving when she heard her phone beep, she took it out as it was a text message and she saw it was from Dylan. 

D:Hey, got plans for tonight? I would like to take out for dinner.

She read it several times to be sure she was reading it correctly, why of a sudden was he asking her out?

"Is everything all right? Stacey texted you?" Jesse asked. 

"Yes, everything is good."

She didn't feel comfortable texting back to Dylan with Jesse next to her, it didn't feel right, not after how sweet and nice he had been to her. She wanted to give him her full attention. Dylan would have to wait for her answer. She would text him back later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
13.1M 434K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...